Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Gay Guides Forum

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Gay Thailand

This is the main forum for all things gay in Thailand. Post about specific events, places, activities, questions, and comments under the relevant city heading. If commenting on more than one city or other parts of Thailand, use the general comments section below. Keep the topics related to information on Thailand.

  1. Started by TotallyOz,

    This is the last 2 days for submission of photos for the contest. If you have Smiles are Sexy Thail boys, please submit them in the next 48 hours. Thanks!

    • 0 replies
    • 1.1k views
  2. The following appears in THE NATION: _____ Yellow, Red Camps Bring Country Closer to the Brink By The Nation National divide is deepening drastically, with sporadic lawlessness threatening to spread on both sides of the conflict Sporadic mob rules have threatened to take on a far larger scale this weekend, with protesters on both sides of the political showdown showing less and less respect for the rule of law and human rights. After the Suvarnabhumi and Don Muang airports have fallen to the yellow-shirt People's Alliance for Democracy, now the Constitution Court is in danger of being surrounded by red-shirt pro-government protesters and nobody …

  3. One of the articles mentions where to go in Bangkok for those traveling on Thai Airways. Nothing is said in the articles about what to do if you're in another city. The Thai Airways office in Pattaya is located right where North Road (Pattaya Nua) curves and becomes Beach Road. If you are in Pattaya, that's where I would try first. The following two articles appear in THE NATION: _____ News Update on Stranded Passengers By The Nation Thai Airways International said Sunday it would service 31 special flights at U-Tapao Airport - 18 departures and 13 arrivals - to help evacuate stranded tourists whose numbers have reportedly reached 160,000. "Gi…

  4. Guest fountainhall
    Started by Guest fountainhall,

    "The Thai Psyche: Thailand's messy politics: Is culture the culprit?" This was part of an excellent op-ed piece in the Bangkok Post yesterday (Saturday) by Kaye Eldridge, a Visiting Fellow at Asia-Pacific College of Diplomacy, Australian National University. It attempts to make the present political mess more understandable to westerners. It's a long piece and I cannot edit it down much below what I have included below (with apologies to the author!). In view of the length, I have started a new thread. But I hope some will find it interesting - and perhaps instructive. (note - I have added the bold face to certain key words/phrases) Many Westerners, both insi…

    • 0 replies
    • 1.2k views
  5. When is enough enough? The PAD is now making threats to take over Thailand's seaports if they're forced out of the airports. As everyone knows, the PAD is trying to force Somchai out of office because they feel he is a puppet for Thaksin. Ok, I'd like to ask what has Somchai done to make them feel that way? As far as I know, Somchai's only crime is the fact of his marriage to Thaksin's wife's sister. What has he actually done that shows he is anything other than a completely honorable man? As far as I know, so far he hasn't done a damned thing to indicate that he is allowing Thaksin to run the show for him. The PAD, in my opinion, has virtually tried and convic…

  6. I think it will be interesting to see what the current problems will do to your plans to come to Thailand.

    • 17 replies
    • 3.3k views
  7. Guest fountainhall
    Started by Guest fountainhall,

    I went to my bank today to try and get a Thai-based credit card. I have had several overseas-based cards for decades and used these here for some years. But the overseas charges and commissions are now getting a lot higher and it makes much more sense to have a local one to make smallish local purchases. Besides, it would be nice to rack up a few airline miles. I have an annual retirement visa and choose for the time being to make the annual lump sum Bt. 800,000 payment. I assumed getting a basic card would be just a formality. Not so. At the local branch of the bank I have been with for 30 years, I was informed that without a work permit the only way to get a card i…

    • 10 replies
    • 2.1k views
  8. Started by TotallyOz,

    I went to Boys Bangkok tonight. It was a bit odd as there was No boys on stage and we were told the boys would be down from Dream Boy. They did come down after about 15 minutes. I was told about 100 boys as it was a sight to see. I didn't see it. I looked at the boys and it was a slim selection. Not too many boys and very few true superstars. However, there were some really sexy guys there and I enjoyed the dancing. However, it was nothing like the Dream Boys of the past. When I went before, the stage was crawling with guys. This didn't happen now. I did see the seats were also only half full. When I went to Dream Boys in the past, I often could not get a seat.…

    • 5 replies
    • 6.4k views
  9. Guest shockdevil
    Started by Guest shockdevil,

    Earlier this year I booked a room at an apartment complex in Pattaya. In March 2008, I personally went to the apartment complex and deposit of 5,000 THB for a one-bedroom apartment; I received a receipt and flew back to my home country believing that all was in order for my upcoming trip. I was preparing for my trip to Thailand and called the property to give them flight information, arrival time to resort, etc, they say, “We do not have booking for you. We are new owners of resort and your booking must have been cancel. We are now fully booked and you have to contact old owners for your money.” I would have been more upset had I arrive in Pattaya with my luggage afte…

    • 3 replies
    • 1.7k views
  10. The following two articles appear in PATTAY ONE: _____ Emergency Meeting Discusses Local Assistance for Stranded International Tourists On Thursday Afternoon, Khun Mongkol, the Chief of Banglamung District chaired an emergency meeting to discuss the currently situation in Bangkok and the affect on Tourists residing here in Pattaya following the closure of Suvanabumi Airport. The District Chief announced that Pattaya City Hall and Banglamung City Hall’s can be contacted by Tourists who are stranded here in Pattaya following the airport closure which could last for some time. For the latest information the Pattaya City Call Center 1337 can be contacted and…

    • 2 replies
    • 1.2k views
  11. Started by PattayaMale,

    This morning I talked to 2 farangs that were suppose to leave and go back to their home country yesterday. They were actually leaving their hotel to check into a cheaper one since money was getting low. Both were to be back to work and were afraid they may lose their jobs if not back soon. They said they had called their employer and were assured that their job would be there but reminded them that they can not pay them for missed days. They didn't mind staying of course but said they could not really afford it. I remember when I was younger (2 years ago) I would almost drain my bank account while on vacation in Pattaya and had to really scrimp until I got paid …

    • 5 replies
    • 1.6k views
  12. Started by TotallyOz,

    I spent at least 10-15 minutes in every bar on Soi Twilight and they were all sad. Few customers and fewer boys. I am not sure if it is the current standoff or just a bad week but the bars are a sad example of what they could be. The prices are too high in EVERY bar. Future Boys was always my favorite. I had a great mamasan and manager I liked. Both are now gone and work across the street. They said that management tried to cut expenses 4 or 5 months ago and ran out all the high paying employees and replaced them with newbies with less experience. Sad as I use to spend a great deal of money there. I walked in and the place had a strong bad odor to it. I did f…

    • 5 replies
    • 1.8k views
  13. The following appears in the BANGKOK POST: _____ One Million to be Unemployed from Suvarnabhumi Closure Deputy Prime Minister for economics Olarn Chaipravat said the government may have to pay about one billion baht to about 500,000 stranded Thais and foreigners at Suvarnabhumi airport, or about 2,000 baht per person a day. Because Suvarnabhumi airport was under siege by the People's Alliance for Democracy (PAD), more unemployment in the tourism sector would arise because the number of tourist arrivals next year would plunge, according to Mr Olarn. The deputy premier said the initial forecast estimated 13.5 million tourists would travel to Thailand i…

    • 2 replies
    • 1.2k views
  14. The following appears in THE NATION: _____ 100,000 Passengers Miss Flights in 3 Days By The Nation Published on November 29, 2008 Nearly 100,000 passengers have missed flights since protesters shut down Bangkok's two main airports on Tuesday and the total could hit 300,000 as the shutdown continues, Tourism and Sports Minister Weerasak Kowsurat said yesterday. "The total number could hit 300,000. When Suvarnabhumi and Don Mueang airports are cleared, it will take 24 to 48 hours to verify aviation standards. It will take time to send people home," he said after a meeting with 14 airlines yesterday, including Japan Airlines, Scandinavian Airlines and…

    • 4 replies
    • 1.3k views
  15. Started by TotallyOz,

    I am going on a bike trip next month and needed a bike and some shorts for the trip. I was able to buy the bike at Cannondale in Bangkok off of Sumkavit Soi 26. The owners there are amazing, customer service orientated and truly easy to deal with. I found my bike and they helped me to stock it with everything I needed except some clothing for the trip. I then went to ProBike off of Lumpini area and they had some of the things I needed. I ended up buying some things there yesterday but they did not have enough bike shorts for me. Does anyone know of other nice bike shops in Bangkok with a large selection of bicycle shorts and shirts? Any help would be greatly ap…

    • 1 reply
    • 1.8k views
  16. Started by PattayaMale,

    The two friends I have coming from Los Angeles will be landing at U-Tapao just 45 minutes from Pattaya. The airport was created by the USA during the Vietnam conflict. Maybe the closing of the 2 airports in Bangkok will be a boon for Pattaya if the government decides to allow more international flights direct access to Utapao. Already some flights from Russia and Finland use this airport. Since many tourist's destination is Pattaya it would be great to have that as a regional airport which could also service Phuket, Samui, Vietnam, Cambodia, etc. This could relieve the government's idea of expanding Suvanabhumi airport as they had planned How they will work…

  17. Started by TotallyOz,

    I wanted to see the new vampire movie Twilight. I have seen it advertised and really wanted to see it and ended up at Siam Paragon for lunch yesterday. I decided to give it a try. The showing I wanted to see was at the Enigma theater at 1,000 baht a ticket. You must buy 2 in order to go. It is a members only theater with a lounge and private bathrooms. Included in the price of the ticket is appetizers and drinks. It really is a VIP treatment area. The seats are really day bed and are filled with plush pillows and blankets and it was very comfortable. I had been to the VIP theater before at Siam Paragon and they had the reclining seats that were fun …

    • 4 replies
    • 3.8k views
  18. Started by Gaybutton,

    The following appears in THE NATION: _____ Fugitive Thaksin : Protesters Seizing Airports Must Respect Law By The Nation Fugitive ex-Thai Prime Minister Thaksin Shinawatra has called for anti-government protesters who seized Suvarnabhumi and Don Muang airports to respect the laws or face legal action. He warned that if they did not respect the law, "law enforcement must be done." Thaksin has been on the run after being sentenced in absentia to two years in jail on corruption charges in Thailand. He was referring to seizing of the airports by protesters led by People's Alliance for Democracy, which reached the fifth day on Saturday. Thai P…

    • 1 reply
    • 1.2k views
  19. Started by TotallyOz,

    I hope all of you that celebrate the holiday had a wonderful time. I had one of the most amazing feasts imaginable. It was simply divine. Living part of the year in Thailand, I find I miss some of the holidays. I miss NYC and Halloween the most. I would have said I miss Thanksgiving second but this year the meal was just like my family has and it was a true joy. My favorite part of the meal is the Sweet Potato and Pecan mix. What is yours?

    • 5 replies
    • 1.5k views
  20. Guest LastSamurai
    Started by Guest LastSamurai,

    Hello, everyone. This is my first post. I am a retired teacher and, as you might surmise from my screen name, a long time resident of Japan. As winter will soon approach Osaka (KIX) I'm thinking I'd like to be in Pattaya soon, but...... In present circumstances, you may consider this first post to be a bit droll, but I'm an optimist and I believe the BKK airport will re-open eventually, so..... The "3 posts a day" contest has motivated me to join this forum, but I doubt I can match the rest of you in post quantity, not to even mention post quality. I don't think I'm going to win this. I note that the very generous moderator donating this prize will arrang…

    • 4 replies
    • 1.6k views
  21. Guest George
    Started by Guest George,

    Hi Guys, I have no qualms in admitting to you all, that when Lee and his partner Ian took over Memories a few months back, it soon became one of my favourite watering holes in Sunee, as well as the two of them having now become very close acquaintances of mine. I believe they have done a fabulous job in refurbishing the premises, as well as adding some much needed panache to a bar that had seemed to have lost it's identity, since Jack, Oudt and Ralph left it behind nearly a year and half ago. For any of you that have been along to the bar since Lee and Ian became the new mine hosts of what is now, Memories Music Bar, you will be able to bear witness that it ha…

    • 1 reply
    • 1.3k views
  22. Guest MonkeySee
    Started by Guest MonkeySee,

    Overstay fines exempted for travelers stranded by Bangkok airport closures PHUKET CITY: -- Phuket Immigration Police Superintendent Chanatpol Yongbunjerd has confirmed that any travelers stranded in Thailand by the closure of Bangkok’s two airports will be exempted from paying overstay fines. Immigration headquarters in Bangkok has instructed immigration officers nationwide to extend “special assistance” to stranded travelers, just as it did in the wake of the 2004 tsunami disaster, he said. Such assistance includes not only waiving overstay fines, but helping tourists find accommodation, he added. Foreigners with long overstays hoping to use the crisi…

    • 0 replies
    • 1.1k views
  23. Guest laurence
    Started by Guest laurence,

    Earlier there was a post about T-Day at Amor and White Night. Any reports on how it went? For me I ended up at the old folks home, Walker Manor, with Sonny Boy and Aunty Barb, a resident. I felt like a go-go boy at a dinner party with old farangs!

    • 2 replies
    • 1.3k views
  24. Guest travelerjim
    Started by Guest travelerjim,

    NOW LIVE TV: BKK Friday, Sat morning PAD action updates Recent events this Friday evening from BKK: WATCH THE ACTION ON ASTV 5 ...PAD parties at BKK airport! (select ASTV5 and click to watch on your computer (live video with sound) NEWS 1 TV ... http://www.siamtv.org/start.html -------------------------------------------------------------------------- The Nation just sms a message" "That PAD agreed to negotiate outcome of PAD exit from Suvarnabhumi (BKK) airport. Should be clear before noon this Saturday." And, The Nation reported the Police Chief has been sacked (transferred): AIRPORT IMPASSE Shock transfer of police ch…

    • 0 replies
    • 1.5k views
  25. Started by TotallyOz,

    They must get together and talk about what to say to falangs. I took 3 taxis today. 2 our of the 3 all told me how sorry they were the city was dead. They also proceeded to tell me how they only made 100 bath the whole day and business was dead for them. When I got into a taxi outside of Soi Twilight, the taxi did not ask for 100 baht but simply turned the meter on and went to my hotel. Nice to see that happened. I am sure the lack of foreigners coming to the airports is really killing the business in Bangkok. A friend had to fly into Phuket today and take a taxi to Bangkok. Cost 12,000 baht. I guess some lose and some win. I just hope I don't get…

    • 11 replies
    • 2.7k views

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.