Gay Thailand
This is the main forum for all things gay in Thailand. Post about specific events, places, activities, questions, and comments under the relevant city heading. If commenting on more than one city or other parts of Thailand, use the general comments section below. Keep the topics related to information on Thailand.
Subforums
11,067 topics in this forum
-
The following appears in THE NATION: _____ Hotel Struggle as Occupancy Rate Plunges 19% By SUCHAT SRITAMA THE NATION The closure of Bangkok's main airports at the height of anti-government protest is now taking a heavy toll on the country's hotel industry in terms of low occupancy rates and fewer working days for hotel workers. Employees of luxury hotels in Bangkok, Chiang Mai and Phuket have seen a cut in their working days as operators try to reduce operating costs without having to lay off workers in the light of plunging tourist arrivals. Prakit Chinamourpong, president of Thai Hotels Association (THA), said on Tuesday that luxury hotels i…
-
- 11 replies
- 1.9k views
-
-
-
The following appears in PATTAYA ONE: _____ Pattaya International Mardi Gras Festival Announcement On Friday Morning at Pattaya City Hall, Khun Wirawat, Deputy Mayor of Pattaya chaired a preparation meeting to discuss plans for the Pattaya International Mardi Gras which is set to take place on 23rd January 2009. This will be the first ever Mardi Gras Festival here in Pattaya and will be based on Mardi Gras celebrations around the world. The highlight of the festival will be an Electric Parade which will take place in the evening. It will start at Pattaya City Hall and finish on Pattaya Beach close to the Central Pattaya Road intersection. Local Schools a…
-
Today I went with my Thai friend to see Ong-Bak 2. The first thing I was amazed at is that the theater was almost full for a 12:15 showing on a Monday. The movie has a lot of action and very good English translation. There is not much dialog so it is very easy to follow the story line. It was realistic since they did not seem to use much computer generated scenes. Looking for something to do, take a Thai friend to see it. You both will like it
-
Here is a good article from a Thai reporter on Thaskin and democracy. I tried to make a link to the article but did not work so here is the full article. I first met Thaksin Shinawatra during the first days after the Thai Rak Thai party won its first general election in 2001. The then prime minister and his cabinet came to the Post Building for a press visit. Thaksin entered the ground floor of the building with much pomp. The staff of Post Publishing lined up to greet him, all smiley and happy. Many had a 100 baht note in their hands, and were asking Thaksin to autograph them. He was a star. When the lift doors opened to the first floor where the boardroom …
-
- 4 replies
- 1.5k views
-
-
The following appears in THE NATION: _____ Abhisit Wins 235: 198 Democrat Party leader Abhisit Vejjajiva beat his opponent Puea Pandin leader Pracha Promnok by 235 to 198 votes. Three MPs abstained, including Abhisit himself. The voting ended at 10:56 am. ____________________ And this, from TNA: _____ Democrat Abhisit Elected Thailand's Prime Minister BANGKOK, Dec 15 (TNA) - Democrat Party leader Abhisit Vejjajiva has been officially voted Thailand's 27th prime minister by a majority of 233-197 votes in Monday's special session of the House of Representatives. Mr. Abhisit surpassed former national police chief Pracha Promnok, …
-
- 3 replies
- 1.2k views
-
-
I see that at 10:50 the Nation has the democrats leading 210 - 179 votes for the new prime minister. I thought there was now only 417 MP?How many votes are needed to win.
-
- 0 replies
- 1.1k views
-
-
Michael O'Brien (Googie) sent me a message letting me know that John who was Googie's business partner in Topman passed away last night at the hospital. I have no other details at this time. I am on my way to Koh Samui so maybe one of John's friends would be able to post the details of the funeral rites.
-
The articles do not say whether the latest protest threats would involve a renewed takeover of the airports, but if the voting doesn't go their way on Monday, then those of you traveling to and from Thailand need to be prepared for that possibility. The following appears in the BANGKOK POST: _____ PAD Warns of More Protests SURASAK GLAHAN The People's Alliance for Democracy (PAD) announced yesterday it will renew its protests if Puea Thai, formed to accommodate MPs of the disbanded People Power party (PPP), returns to lead the next coalition. The Puea Thai party, struggling to take the lead in forming a new government against the Democrat party,…
-
- 5 replies
- 1.3k views
-
-
There's lots of good monthly condo deals but it's not easy for the 2 week traveler to get a good deal. The other day I stumbled across some great deals at the VCC Condo/MyView Condos, only 400 baht/day for an excellent 37 sq metre studio apartment. The swimming pool just opened and is big enough for lap swimming. Electric and water are extra and there's a 400 final cleaning charge upon departure. Regular room cleaning, if desired, is extra. These condos are on Soi 16 slightly past the Day/Night area. Patrice, the rental agent, seems like a good guy. Nothing is available from Dec 21st to Jan 15th though.
-
Hi Guys, well the date is drawing near for the 5th annual forums gathering to take place. Just in case there are members of this forum that are unaware and for the benefit of new members, the gathering will take place at Memories Bar on Saturday the 13th December commencing at 5-30 and hopefully continuing to very late. To say that the response I have had from my request for a pm from those intending to attend the gathering has been dismal, would be an understatement on my part. A more appropriate definition of the responses I have received would be Diabolical or piss poor. I have explained in previous posts, that the only reason I have asked for Pm's, is so th…
-
I am enjoying this nice cool winter weather. Is this unusually cool? I have only run my air- conditioning a few times.
-
Does any one know if there is a bus that goes from Pattaya to the airport? If so, what is the schedule or where can I find it? Does it leave from the regular bus station? Thanks
-
Pick your favorite Smile and the winning photographer gets a bottle of Chivas as this year's ALL Forum Meet and Greet! Please note the Pink number on the top of each photo. They don't show in order here but the numbers are correct.
-
- 6 replies
- 2.4k views
-
-
Pick your favorite Sexy Thai Boy and the winning photographer gets a bottle of Chivas as this year's ALL Forum Meet and Greet! Please note the Pink number on the top of each photo. They don't show in order here but the numbers are correct.
-
- 7 replies
- 4.5k views
-
-
My Thai friend and I went to Central Festival Pattaya (Big C) to by a pair of shoes at the Nike store. We were the only 2 people in the store at the time. There were 3 employees in back by the cash register. We each tried on a display shoe and needed a different. We were in plain view of the employees as I saw them look at us when we entered. None of them came forward to help as they seemed more interested in their cell phones. I stood up from where I was sitting trying on the shoe and waved it in the air. One looked up but went back playing with his mobile phone. So I called out, "Can anyone help me?". One of the employees started to walk towards me still on his pho…
-
Los Angeles Times If this link does not work, cut and paste http://www.latimes.com/news/opinion/commen...0,7501175.story
-
- 2 replies
- 1.7k views
-
-
The following appears in the BANGKOK POST: _____ Waiting on Thaksin By Post Reporters The possible line-up for a Democrat-led government is emerging, but the Puea Thai party still hopes to break up this new alliance with a phone-in speech on Saturday by former prime minister Thaksin Shinawatra. The political gamesmanship is certain to intensify now that House Speaker Chai Chidchob has called a special session on Monday to elect a new prime minister. His Majesty the King has approved the sitting. The Democrat-led alliance, comprising four small parties and a powerful faction led by Newin Chidchob, has agreed in principle on the allocation of cab…
-
- 1 reply
- 1.1k views
-
-
I don't go out much nowadays but a friend was interested so we went to a gogo in the Sunee area. It was a pleasant enough bar but on my expat budget only one beer per gogo is generally my limit. We paid our bin but my friend didn't finish his beer yet. All of a sudden a warning light went off and just about everybody scampered out the back, the dancers the service staff, everybody. Then only about 2 seconds later a couple of undercover policemen walked in. So it was very strange to be in an almost empty bar. My friend was interested in what was going on but after about 5 minutes we left. I'm glad we had paid our bins because otherwise there was no one around to…
-
Sawatdee forum had a question about boy pricing. Here is the link: http://www.sawatdee-gay-thailand.com/forum...ing-t16626.html This has been discussed many times and is a topic that brings much discussion. I think a post by Catawampuscat was very good. Here is his post: "Try to be generous when you are well served and gratious when you pick a loser. One gets to know the current acceptable rates for services provided from experience and talking to fellow farangs when in the various places. Hot, universally handsome boys are compensated differently than the over-the-hill boys or those who are desparate for any reason. If you like vanilla sex and a…
-
I'm trying to figure out which Thai banks have internet banking such that I can transfer funds from my account to my teerak's account online without a service charge. I know I can walk in and ask but it seems when speaking with bank reps I often just get the answer that I want to hear. I am especially interested in Kasikorn, where I have an account, Ayuttaya Bank, where teerak has account, and Bangkok Bank, where I am considering opening an account due to low wire transfer fees. Thnx.
-
- 11 replies
- 5.9k views
-
-
If you have not yet voted in either of these contests, now's the time. The winners will receive their prizes Saturday night, December 13.
-
- 0 replies
- 1.3k views
-
-
I received this in e mail from US Embassy today. December 11, 2008 This warden message is being issued to alert U.S. Citizens traveling to and residing in Thailand that approximately 300-plus individuals have gathered in front of the GPF Witthayu Building on Wireless Road to demonstrate against the Beer Chang Company and its desire to be listed on the Bangkok Stock Exchange. Buses continue to drop off demonstrators at Lumpini Park who are then walking down Wireless Road to the GPF Building. We ask Americans to exercise caution if you are going to be in this vicinity or in the area of any demonstrations.
-
- 3 replies
- 1.4k views
-
-
Today I went to the calendar on this site and noticed that it seems under used. Also I wish more owners would post upcoming events. But since neither of these wishes will come true, I was wondering if a thread could be started and pinned for posters to post events for the holiday season. Some of us may visit only a few bars and not learn what is going on at other places. Well I'll give it a try. OUD's Cafe and Bar in Sunee Plaza located across from the old Topman now named Cocktail, will be having a gift exchange on New Year's Eve for anyone interested. If you bring a wrapped gift (about 300 baht) you can participate in the gift exchange. I was told they w…
-
- 0 replies
- 1.1k views
-
-
The caretaker Cabinet Tuesday approved Friday January 2 as an extra New Year holiday, a government spokeswoman said. Wirinthira Nathongborcharas, a deputy spokeswoman, said the Cabinet would like to boost tourism with the long New Year holidays from December 31 to January 2. The Nation Question: How does this boost tourism? I can't believe it will bring more tourist here at this late date and I don't think most tourist care about this being a public holiday. Remember it was just a few months ago that the interior or health minister wanted to BAN alcohol during this festive season. If the idea is to boost local Thai tourism, I would think they w…