Gay Thailand
This is the main forum for all things gay in Thailand. Post about specific events, places, activities, questions, and comments under the relevant city heading. If commenting on more than one city or other parts of Thailand, use the general comments section below. Keep the topics related to information on Thailand.
Subforums
11,067 topics in this forum
-
I am spending my first Christmas in a home that my boyfriend and I purchased in May. I think it will be quite an experience. My bf had his first Christmas stocking this morning, and was happy with the contents. Right now at 1 pm in Ubon, my bf and two of his friends are putting together goodies to Bar-b-que tonight including shrimp, squid, clams and pork, and all the fixings for a large spicy thai salad. I have just put an 18 lb Butterball turkey in the oven in a roasting bag. The bird is full of stuffing, and I plan to add mashed potatoes and gravy to the menu this evening. The bf has ordered some things from a beach restaruant (fried rice, Tom Yum, and Fish I …
-
Full story at: http://www.bangkokpost.com/business/econom...roposed-cabinet By: POST REPORTERS Published: 20/12/2008 at 12:00 AM Business leaders have expressed disappointment with Prime Minister Abhisit Vejjajiva's proposed cabinet team and are calling for him to adjust it to win the private sector's confidence. After meeting with Mr Abhisit yesterday, Thai Chamber of Commerce (TCC) chairman Pramon Suthivong said that cabinet members ''must not be rookies''. ''We understand the new government is formed by a coalition. But in the current critical economic situation, people who will be handling economic ministries must be professionally accepted, competent …
-
Earlier this week, I needed to visit the US Embassy in Bangkok to obtain income verification letter to renew Retirement Visa. With the airports closed, I choose the train over the bus. I only started trying to obtain tickets on Nov 30 for a trip on Dec 1 to Bangkok, and a Dec 3 return to Ubon. Becasue of this late time, I was able to get only a "Class 2 Sleeper with fan" for the trip to Bangkok. There were no Class 1 sleepers or Class 2 sleeper with air conditioning available. I boarded the sleeper in Ubon at 1900, and we departed on time at 1930. The ride was ok, and the sleeper is adequate. If anyone is really sensitive to noise, then this isn't the way to tr…
-
The following appears in the BANGKOK POST: ____ UDD Will Rally Until Abhisit Calls an Election Red-Shirts to Start Gathering on Sunday By: Post Reporters and TNA Published: 26/12/2008 at 12:00 AM Anti-government forces yesterday promised to begin a mass rally that would continue until Prime Minister Abhisit Vejjajiva calls a general election. Leaders of the red-clad pro-Thaksin Shinawatra group, the United Front of Democracy against Dictatorship (UDD), said they would start their demonstration on Sunday, the day before the government is due to deliver its policy statement to parliament. It would continue until the prime minister dissol…
-
- 2 replies
- 1.8k views
-
-
Hi, It's a pleasure having each of you on the board! May HAPPINESS brighten your days.. PROSPERITY greet you in your ways... May SUCCESS be with you...In everything that you do! The GayThailand Team wishing you a Wonderful Holiday Season & Happy New Year!!!
-
Where is a good male massage shop in the Pattaya area for a good strong non-sexual massage from a man at the standard prices of the female massage shops, 200 baht or less for a Thai massage? A ladyboy friend is visiting from Singapore and feels much more comfortable with a man massaging her but does not want a sexual massage nor pay the prices associated with places that give a more sexual massage.
-
I went there today and thought the dinner was excellent.....sorry for posting the menu sideways ________________________________ I hope you don't mind. I took the liberty of posting it rightside-up for you. GB
-
- 4 replies
- 1.7k views
-
-
Does anyone know if having a Thai driver's license is necessary to buy a car here and to get it insured?
-
- 15 replies
- 2.7k views
-
-
It seems on all the forums some people just love to bash Sunee plaza. But the reality of most of the Sunee beer bars is so much different than what one might think. Memories is a good example. All the boys are 18+ and seem to have a very friendly attitude. It's a very relaxing, no-hassle place to have a drink with owners who seem attentive to their customer's needs. And the prices are quite reasonable too. I also far prefer the atmosphere of the more laid back Sunee to the more glitzy Boyztown. And prices are quite reasonable throughout Sunee. Anyway, I just don't get the undeserved bad rap of an entire area for problems that are equally preval…
-
- 7 replies
- 1.9k views
-
-
The following appears in the BANGKOK POST: _____ Great Food and Music - Pity about the Closures By: THANIDA TANSUBHAPOL Published: 25/12/2008 at 12:00 AM Foreign Minister Kasit Piromya yesterday apologised to the public for his controversial remarks about the airport closures. He said the statements he made before joining the government would stay on record and admitted that some sentences might be misinterpreted or mistaken. He told participants, including diplomats and foreign journalists, in a seminar at Chulalongkorn University last Friday, that the protest rally led by the People's Alliance for Democracy (PAD) to close the two ai…
-
- 0 replies
- 1k views
-
-
Tonight was a first for me as it was the first time I have been into Mike' Le cage and the first time I have heard George Stanley perform. I went there since one of the owners from Oud's asked me to go with him. I thought the performance was great. I liked the type of songs George sang and the changes he had made to some lyrics. maybe I am the only one who hasn't heard George perform, but if there are others you may want to see him perform. As to Mike's Place, I thought his staff was great and Mike himself a wonderful host.
-
It seems that a favorite breakfast place in Day Night has closed. I don't think it has been open for almost two weeks. I heard that there is hope that it may open again, but not sure. This economic down turn may leave us with several more business closings. It is sad to see what is starting to happen. Hopefully, the gay traveler will still continue to show up. It seems that this may be true as on another thread it was reported that Ambiance is almost booked up for the holiday season. Another good sign was reported that the airports are almost up to the level of passengers it had been handling.
-
Hi Guys, for those of you interested, here is a post I have just made on Ting Tong. http://www.gaytingtong.com/post23919.html#23919 Cheers, George.
-
- 5 replies
- 1.5k views
-
-
Hello, do any airlines fly direct from Phuket to either Chiang Mai or Chiang Rai? On a Tuesday in February I am trying to leave Phuket around noon and get into Chiang Rai (preferred) or Chiang Mai early afternoon. THANK YOU!
-
The PG Weekly Report for the week of December 16-23 is online... and it includes many dates of note for Christmas and New Years Weeks. http://www.pgreport.com/ (select December 16th and click to read) Scroll down the report for the many special events set for Christmas an New Years Holiday weeks: CURRENT COMPILATION FOR THE 7 DAYS ENDING DECEMBER 16, 2008 Click link below to go to that item or scroll down for full report PGReport.com is a sister publication of http://www.gayaffairspattaya.com PATTAYA NEWS & FORTHCOMING EVENTS Thursday 18th: A busy day in Boyz Town . . . . . . And later that evening . . . . . . And there's more…
-
The following appears in the PATTAYA DAILY NEWS: _____ HALF A MILLION BAHT MISSING FROM DUTCH COUPLE‘S PATTAYA BANK ACCOUNT A Dutch couple living in Pattaya claims that over half a million baht is missing from their bank account at the Kasikorn Bank. At 10:00 am. on 21st December2008, after reporting the matter to Pattaya police investigator Pol. Lt. Col. Wanlop Kungtaratip, Mr. Frank Bouwmeester, [44] and Mrs. Johanna Doorn [66], a Dutch couple residing at 102 / 6, Moo 11, Nongprue, Banglamung, made a complaint to the media that 500,525 Baht had been removed from their bank account during the course of 2 days in July 2008. Mrs. Doorn , the owner of …
-
After reading my Yahoo mail two hours ago, I just attempted to access it again via several avenues. Each time only this message is displayed. "Sorry, The web site you are accessing has been blocked by the requested of The Communication Authority of Thailand." Serious problems will result if this persists. PS: I just tried Hotmail. Same, same. Gmail still works.
-
- 16 replies
- 4.7k views
-
-
Casa Pascal is now offering their "Fantastic Set Menu" at very reasonable prices. Click the link to view the menu:
-
- 7 replies
- 1.8k views
-
-
-
Monday, January 12, 2009 Open Auditions for Murder Mystery & Odd Couple (Female Version) Pattaya Players (home of Pattaya's Professional Amateurs) is proud to announce dual auditions for two upcoming performances: A Murder Mystery Evening at -5 Supperclub and Neil SImon’s “The Odd Couple” (Female Version). The auditions will be held at The Cavanaugh Community Center at 6:00 PM on Monday, January 12, 2009. All interested parties both talent-wise and back stage should plan on attending. The Pattaya Players continue to look for corporate and private sponsors to help offset their current set-up costs. In addition, personal memberships are also be available…
-
The following appears in PATTAYA ONE: _____ Frenchman Badly Hurt in Sunee Plaza Attack by Three Thai Men Just after 2.30 on Friday Morning, Police Lieutenant Colonel Prichar from Pattaya Police Station was called to the Bangkok Hospital Pattaya to investigate a serious assault on a French National. Mr. Damien Latoure aged 35 sustained multiple knife wounds to his head and other injuries consistent with a fist fight. He was in a serious condition and was unable to tell Police what happened. Witnesses explained that the incident occurred inside Soi Sunee Plaza, which is full of Boy Bars. The man was seen to walk alone and was approached by three Thai Men w…
-
Several years ago I purchased some rings from Honest Gems and was happy with the price and quality. This time I wanted 2 custom rings made so my Thai friend of many years and I would have matching rings. I had kept my mother's diamond rings for a long time and thought I would use these to create our rings. I also wanted to make sure that the white gold from my mother's rings was used in the new rings also. I spent about 45 minutes with the owner figuring out the design of the rings. Also I needed to be comfortable that the gold and the diamonds would be those actually used in the rings as the sentimental value was very high for me. Well, today we received …
-
The following two stories appear in THE NATION: _____ PAD Protesters 'must face legal action' By WORANAREE KOSAJAN THE NATION Published on December 20, 2008 On his first day at Government House as prime minister yesterday, Abhisit Vejjajiva said the protesters who had besieged government offices and blockaded Bangkok's two commercial airports should be held legally accountable for their actions. "With every incident that has happened, we must uphold the rule of law," Abhisit told reporters at Government House. The People's Alliance for Democracy protesters included Democrat MP Somkiat Pongpaiboon, who is one of the PAD leaders. Abhisit …
-
I've read lots of recommendations for restaurants we farang enjoy. But, where do your Thai friends like to eat. My b/f does not enjoy farang food and would prefer to cook his own rather than endure an evening being presented with food he doesn't like and thinks is too expensive. How about some of you who have had better luck than me posting some recommendations that are hits with the Thai guys?
-
I just returned from having my first visit to Sam's Mexican/American Grill. The place is small, but the portions are large and quite tasty. It's nice to have an alternative to Mike's and Tequilla Reef here in Jomtien. I had the two taco plate and a diet coke and the price was 210 baht. I didn't try the hamburgers, but talked to another customer who has sampled them and he raved about them. It's located on the little street right behind Mignon's. Give it a try.