Gay Thailand
This is the main forum for all things gay in Thailand. Post about specific events, places, activities, questions, and comments under the relevant city heading. If commenting on more than one city or other parts of Thailand, use the general comments section below. Keep the topics related to information on Thailand.
Subforums
11,067 topics in this forum
-
I'm thinking about buying a digital camera. It's been about three years since the one I had went kerblooey on me and I haven't had one since. Before I get one, I wonder if some of you can make any recommendations as to make and model. I'd like to know what you think and what features you like. I'd also like to know if there are any particular makes and models to avoid.
-
I have just had a look at my iGoogle page which lists news from different sources. Reading it I thought back to the airport closures and demonstrations in a small part of Bangkok. This gave me a better perspective, a larger view. Here is what I read: Protests in Greece continues (with pictures of battles and flames) Brazil protests 9000 disappearances in 2 years Drug cartel deaths climb in Mexico True no one closed the airports in those countries, but it has been very deadly. So the question is, when we take a more global view, which countries tourism will suffer more over the next 3 months? I had a friend arrive from the US yesterday and he said…
-
Can anyone recommend a program in Pattaya that would help a Thai guy, with very little formal education, learn English?
-
-
I know this topic has been debated too many times all ready but what I saw today is really sad. While eating at Continental by Soi Bokow (Goggie's has closed again for new staff...my favorite) I watched as this Farang walked about 20 steps and was so out of breathe he had to sit down and had a smoke. Another 20 steps and the same thing. The girl by his side kept wiping his brow as he tried each time to catch his breath. She would say, "you still too tired?" Finally another girl showed up with his suitcase on a motor taxi. Both girls helped this man of maybe 50 up a few steps at a time to his room. Now I am making some assumptions here but it seemed to me that t…
-
The following appears in the Bangkok Post: _____ Tourism Losses Could Hit 130-bln Baht The tourism industry may lose up to 130 billion baht of revenues because of the closure of Suvarnabhumi airport, Tourism Authority of Thailand (TAT) deputy governor for international marketing Santichai Euachongprasit said on Tuesday. According to the initial assessment, the number of foreign tourists between December 2008 and April 2009 could drop by 2.3 million and the loss of revenues should be around 86 billion to 130 billion baht. The decrease would be about 40 to 50 per cent when compared to the same period of the previous year. Mr Santichai said the TAT init…
-
- 4 replies
- 1.4k views
-
-
A new night club called "9 Night Club" opened on Silom Soi 4, Bangkok last night. A few photos of the opening party: There are shows at midnight and 2.00am and dancing before, inbetween shows and after until 3.00am. http://www.silomsoi4.net
-
Hi, I would like to ask you for some recomendation of accomodation in Phuket (Patong area). I have booked airticket on July 2009 and I would like to ask you for some tips of gay (or gay friendly) accomodation in Phuket. I have budget to 1500 baht per night (in low season) included breakfast and Wifi needed. Thank you for very much your reactions.
-
I used Mr. T’s car service with good results. I arranged everything by e-mail about a month in advance of my departure. His e-mail address is Mr_ttaxi@hotmail.com. A few days before my departure, I re-confirmed my pick-up and gave him my Thai mobile phone number. I had never used this car service and so did not know what to expect. Arriving at the airport at midnight, I was somewhat apprehensive about using a new car service, but I guess, a taxi option was always available. All of my e-mail correspondences were answered in a timely matter, usually within 24 hours, if not sooner. Mr. T confirmed that the airport to Pattaya was priced at 1,000 baht. He said that th…
-
A friend of mine went to the Jomtiem beach and discovered he forgot something in South Pattaya. The motorcycle taxi is usually 40 baht each way. Since the taxi had to return to his station empty, my friend thought that it would be fair to offer a 70 baht fare round trip. The motorcycle taxi guy refused and came back to his station empty. I know if I were the motorcycle taxi driver, I would have certainly given a discount instead of returning empty. Do Thais have any business sense? I know they are not stupid, but this makes no sense to me. Maybe this driver did not understand the offer? Another example is a vendor selling corn. I have been here long enough to know …
-
The following appears in the PATTAYA DAILY NEWS: _____ GOVERNMENT PREDICTS GLOOMY ECONOMIC OUTLOOK FOR THAILAND IN 2009 Acting Finance Minister, Suchart Thada-Thamrongvech, on December 8, admitted to being seriously concerned that the country‘s economic problems will intensify in Q1,2009. "The economy has begun to signal its worsening because policies drawn up to address the problem cannot function properly and state agencies need to wait for a new policy from the next government," Mr. Suchart is reported to have said. The fact that the mid-year budget of Bt100 billion must be suspended pending consideration and approval by the next government, hardl…
-
- 0 replies
- 974 views
-
-
Apparently, those jockeying for political power are not interested in becoming, or continuing to be, puppets for Thaksin. The following appears in the BANGKOK POST: _____ Thaksin Told It's All Over AEKARACH SATTABURUTH After his ex-wife Khunying Potjaman Damapong failed to get Newin Chidchob on the phone, former prime minister Thaksin Shinawatra had to make the call himself. A source at the Puea Thai party said Thaksin decided to call Mr Newin after his once close aide refused to take calls from his wife and other key party members. But Thaksin did not get the reply he was hoping for. Mr Newin made it clear he would not let his faction jo…
-
I will be headed to Koh Samui for a few days that I wasn't really planning on but it just happened to fit my schedule.......well, it more fit the airlines schedule but that is another story..... Anyway, I already have a place I'm staying at that I feel like I stole. I booked the Penthouse in a little funky gay place called Akwa Guesthouse through www.latestays.com and got it for 1100 baht. Now, since I know very little about this island having done almost no study about it....do any of you guys have places you like to eat, go out and see on this island? What are the best web sites for reading about stuff on the island?
-
- 7 replies
- 2.7k views
-
-
I met a guy that I like. He has worked in the bars for 3 months. He is not gay. He is very straight acting and Alpha male. He has been off with customers 3 times only. He is sweet and handsome. He does not bottom at all. But, I asked him what it would cost for him to try. He got all flustered and wanted to think about it. He spent time with his friends whom I've met in the bars as well. A discussion ensued about this. The entire group is straight and all have girlfriends. BTW: I do believe his story as a good Farang friend of mine who is in the bar each night confirmed this for me. Now, as to price, he wants to let me know tonight. LOL He needed a night…
-
- 30 replies
- 8.2k views
-
-
It appears that the DAAD thinks the army has made the parties that defected from the PPP defect. They are calling it a coup in disguise. When the courts disbanded the parties they called it a judicial coup. No matter what they call it, will it be the end of Thaskin?
-
I had the fortune to eat at this great restaurant for the first time since the move. They are on the road the leads to the beach from Pattaya. The restaurant is directly next door to Manhattan's. I have heard the food was excellent and wanted to give it a try. I ordered the tomato soup which was very good and I ordered the Salmon with vegetables. Both were very tasty, presented very beautifully and delightful to eat. The service was good and the waiters were always ready to help out. All in all a very enjoyable dining experience. The only thing I didn't like was the desert. I ordered the Creme Brulee. It was nothing special and although it was not bad,…
-
- 8 replies
- 1.9k views
-
-
These menus will each be served both at the Casa Pascal and Poseidon restaurants: _____ CHRISTMAS MENU (Available both at Casa Pascal & Poseidon) December 24, 2008 Dinner December 25, 2008 All Day ( 10.30 ~ 23.00 ) Amuse Bouche ***** Dill & Black Pepper marinated smoked Salmon Fennel and Endive Salad on Hazelnut Oil Dressing -or- Home–made Venison and Mushroom Pâté with Cumberland Sauce, Waldorf Salad and red wine Pear ***** Pumpkin Cream Soup with Tea-smoked Duck Breast ***** Orange Champagne Sherbet ***** Stuffed Butter Ball Turkey served with Chestnuts, Cranberry Sauce and Gravy -o…
-
I am often up and about in the early morning hours. I find it interesting to see many Thais all bundled up, as if it were cold, when the temperature is only about 70 degree Fahrenheit. I love this cool weather, but I guess many Thais find these winter temperatures very chilly. No wonder many Thai boys do not like living in western countries with the frigid temperatures.
-
The following appears in THE NATION: _____ Pheu Thai in Desperate Bid for Power Published on December 8, 2008 The Thaksin Shinawatra camp is not giving up in its race with the Democrat Party to form a new government even as the former PM's ex-wife Pojaman Damapong pours her resources into winning over supporters. Discussions were conducted in the war room in the Shinawatra Thai Silk building of the Pheu Thai Party yesterday. The party's strategies, the political situation and making contacts for MPs to join the party were all discussed. Pojaman quietly returned from Hong Kong on Friday in a bid to mobilise supporters for the new government after…
-
- 0 replies
- 922 views
-
-
According to the ThaiVisa forum, in order to limit the amount of foreigners using "back-to-back" border runs, Thai Immigration has issued a new regulation regarding the 30 days tourist exemption. Effective immediately, travellers without visa will get only 15 days of stay if they are arriving via a land border checkpoint from a neighboring country. Passengers arriving via an international airport will obtain a 30 days stay, and for them there is no change.
-
- 19 replies
- 2.4k views
-
-
This was forwarded by a friend, and appeared on TravelMole.com and found it quite interesting. Also talked to a Gay Hotel manager in Bangkok, and he said by the 10th if everyone that wants out gets out, he will have lowest booking of the year. 02 December, 2008 Adjust font size: An Impassioned Plea From a Local Thai Over the Closure of Suvarnabhumi Airport in Bangkok Tuesday 02 December 2008 Bangkok Open Letter My hotel has 400 rooms and employs close to 600 people. They support a large local group of suppliers who in turn provide jobs for more than 2000 people and their families. My hotel is a centre for meetings and conferences and h…
-
Wednesday, December 10 is Thailand's Constitution Day holiday. It is a public holiday. The banks and government offices will be closed, but there should be no problem about the bars being open.
-
- 5 replies
- 1.9k views
-
-
The Bangkok Post is reporting that the Democrats and the small coalition parties will form a majority of 250 MP. Does this mean Thaskin is loosing his influence? Will this satisfy the PAD and the Army?
-
- 0 replies
- 1.1k views
-
-
For those of you concerned about Kevin Quill, I'm not going to go into all the details of the history of his problems, but I do know that many of you are interested in his condition and his prospects of being sent back to the UK. I have been asked not to reveal the source of this information: "The UK's Foreign Office has now advised Mr. Quill that they cannot assist him in trying to go home to the UK for medical treatment; first, because the cancer, according to Bumrungrad Hospital medical reports, has been cleared or is in remission and, second, because he has shown that he can have his condition competently treated in Bangkok at Bumrungrad Hospital and, in their o…
-
His Majesty failed to make his birthday address earlier today - the first time he has not done so during his long reign. The BBC quotes HRH Princes Sirindhorn as saying the King "has a blockage in his throat and a poor appetite" but added the condition "is not serious".
-
- 6 replies
- 1.6k views
-