Gay Thailand
This is the main forum for all things gay in Thailand. Post about specific events, places, activities, questions, and comments under the relevant city heading. If commenting on more than one city or other parts of Thailand, use the general comments section below. Keep the topics related to information on Thailand.
Subforums
11,067 topics in this forum
-
Several different airlines are now using Utapao instead of Bangkok according to web sites. http://www.utapao.com/index_en.html is their web site
-
- 0 replies
- 1.3k views
-
-
As a resident of Japan, I must soon make a decision about renewal of my current medical insurance which provides very minimal coverage outside Japan. As I plan to spend an extended part of each year in Thailand as well as some other international travel, I am now looking into private insurance plans. One firm in Osaka quoted me quite high rates (though I can save 50% if I choose their PlanB = worldwide, excluding USA, which is OK for my needs) but friendly agent advised that I might be able to obtain the same coverage at much less cost if I were in Thailand. Can any of you point me in a helpful direction? I currently hold a Thai "retirement visa" though I'…
-
I've been told that dental treatment in Thailand is of high standard and relatively inexpensive. In Japan, fees are so exhorbitant. Though I have insurance in Japan that will cover 70% of costs, I'm wondering if it might be still cheaper to have dental work done in Pattaya, even without any insurance coverage. OK, I suspect there aren't too many dentists on this board. Even if there were, without an examination, it is baffling to ask for an estimate of costs. So, let me "self-diagnose." I'm convinced that what I require is full extraction of all remaining teeth (too many gaps for implants or bridges to work ) and installation of dentures which, preferably, res…
-
(CNN) -- Thousands of tourists have been left stranded after two blasts at Bangkok's giant Suvarnabhumi Airport wounded four people and triggered its closure, dealing another blow to the country's travel industry. The airport, which was swamped by protesters, is one of the major travel hubs in the region. The blasts come a day after thousands of anti-government protesters stormed the airport in an ongoing battle to oust Thai Prime Minister Somchai Wongsawat, who was returning from an economic summit in Peru. The travel industry has already seen a drop off in tourist numbers after protesters shutdown Phuket airport for two days in August and with continued …
-
Those of you considering a trip to Chiang Mai in the near future might want to keep tabs on the situation. The Prime Minister is in Chiang Mai and apparently is moving the entire government there because of fears of another coup. The following appears in THE NATION: _____ PM Has no Schedule to Return to Bangkok, Apparently Fearing Coup: Spokeswoman Chiang Mai - Deputy Government Spokeswoman Suparat Nakboonnam said Friday that Prime Minister Somchai Wongsawat has no schedule to return to Bangkok in the near future. She said Somchai decided to remain in Chiang Mai as part of security measures due to uncertainty related to the moves of the armed forces…
-
- 1 reply
- 903 views
-
-
Moving on after a break up is often painful and sad. My long time boyfriend and I have had a falling out. It was over nothing major but it was a very hard thing to do. What I always do when this happens is to give the BF space and distance (and a nice chunk of change). I am in Bangkok so that he is able to settle back into his life without me. I not only lost the number 1 but also the number 2,3 and 4. Damm it was just a really bad week all around. I need a group hug. Well, OK, I did get one tonight in Bangkok but the doormen were hugging too hard and as they hugged, they tried to maneuver my ass into their perspective bars. What do you find is the easiest w…
-
Bangkok is awash with rumors that another coup is imminent. The following appears in THE NATION: _____ Capital Increasingly Tense as Coup Rumours Spread By The Nation Published on November 28, 2008 Anupong Said to have Exchanged Phone Ultimatums with Somchai The situation in the capital was extremely tense yesterday as coup rumours prompted reaction from anti-government protesters and their rivals. Both camps mobilised their supporters for street fighting, while government and business offices suggested their staff get out early. Newspaper offices were flooded with phone calls inquiring or giving "tips" about an imminent coup. A source claime…
-
- 0 replies
- 1.1k views
-
-
I went to Screwboy tonight. There were some boys there but very very very few hotties. One guy was adorable but the rest were average to mild. I remember when this place was packed with boys and they were the most aggressive boys in the area. This time around they just sit and smiled and then their attention went elsewhere. We were the only customers in there for a while when we arrived. The one hottie, I may have to wander back over tomorrow to see him and chat with him. Both me and my friend thought he was sexy. Screwboys is the first place I visited in Thailand where I actually got screwed over. That was 5 or so years ago and I haven't forgotten it…
-
- 0 replies
- 1.8k views
-
-
Hello, I will be making my first trip to Thailand, specifically Pattaya in the spring. I am struggling to determine where to stay. I think I have a choice, then I look some more and find reviews about dirty rooms or bugs. I am not looking for a 5 star here, however, would pay for one if that was what was required. I am really just looking for a clean room, either close to the beach or in the city and would prefer gay owned vice chain. From what I read it is easy enough to get between these two areas, if someone has suggestions as to what area is better would appreciate input here also. Currently looking at Poseidon or Ambiance, however, am open to …
-
Reading the Bangkok Post and The Nation to day it seems that most ministries are blaming the PAD for things from reduced tourism to an expected high level of unemployment in 2009 as well as the government not making it's predicted 5% growth rate. If you also read the Pattaya Mail of this week in the Letters to the Editor sectionis a letter from a guy that has been visiting Thailand for 40 years and another from a guy that said when he was trying to book a room for his vacation, hotels were fully booked. I thought that things many don't admit to is what the guy that has been visiting for 40 years said. Basically he wrote Thailand is getting very expensive compare…
-
TopJohn is about to embark on his first Thailand trip. He seems well prepared, but maybe some of the other newbie’s to Thailand can learn something from the Thailand old timers. I will start it off with some of the more obvious do’s and don’ts. DO’S: -Do take off your shoes when entering a Wat or someone’s home. Remember no shorts in the Wats. Be respectful. -Do bring plenty of money. As a farang you are the rich guy and will be expected to pay. You might also be regarded as the walking ATM. -Do eat with a spoon instead of a fork. Thais regard the fork like a knife. DON’TS: -Don’t pat little kids on the head. It is a Buddhist thing. -Don’t cros…
-
PAD bracing itself for crackdown...The Nation The Nation is a good resource for updates on Thailand situation: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/ http://www.nationmultimedia.com/2008/11/27...es_30089575.php COUP RUMOURS PAD bracing itself for crackdown By The Nation Govt set to declare state of emergency on the Suvarnabhumi and Don Muang airports, as coup rumors continue to swirl PAD protesters are bracing themselves for police operations to dislodge them from the Suvarnabhumi and Don Muang airports as the government is reportedly set to enforce a state of emergency in the two areas. Protest leaders at Government House surrep…
-
The following appears in THE NATION: _____ 4 Bomb Attacks Rock Bangkok By The Nation At least four rounds of bomb attacks rocked Bangkok early Wednesday, injuring at least 12 people. The number of explosions and injuries was still confusing at press time. Three explosions were heard outside the outbound passenger terminal of the Suvarnabhumi International Airport at 4:30 am. The explosion sounds frightened the protesters as police vehicles rushed to the scene. The protesters feared that police would come to violently disperse them. But their leaders managed to calm them down minutes later. Thai PBS reported that four protesters were in…
-
I'm making my second trip to Bangkok and first trip to Pattaya next week. I am only going to have two nights in Pattaya and figure that doesnt leave a lot of time to see much. I was wondering what would be the top couple of places to go in the evening with the intent of finding some company, to bring back to the hotel. (marriott) thanks
-
There was a discussion on another forum about tipping, not boys, but in restaurants and hotels. It has been said that most Thais do not tip much. For example, if the bill in a restaurant is 298 baht, then they may leave the 2 baht change. Same way with taxi drivers, if the fare is 57 baht, they will give 60 baht. I know a guy that always tips, like 15-20%, just like he would in his home country. I know another that does not tip at all because he lives in Thailand and the Thais do not tip. What is your view on tipping while in Thailand?
-
Wine Dinner at Poseidon hosted by Hugh Millar Thursday, December 04. 2008 Amuse Bouche *** Antipasti misti ( Assorted plate of Raw Ham, Salametti, marinated Vegetables, Artichoke, Squid, Carpaccio, Tomato & Mozzarella ) *** Zuppa mille Fanti (Chicken Broth with Parmesan Dumplings ) *** Osso Porco brasato con Polenta e Cipolle Braised Pork Shank with Polenta and roasted Onions -or- Cozze alla marinara e crostini Mussels Seaman style with Tomato Garlic Bread *** Tira mi su Wines White Wine La Carraia Umbria Bianco 2007 (12.5%) Grechetto & Chardonnay Villa Martina, Pinot Grigi…
-
- 0 replies
- 1k views
-
-
In Pattaya we had little else but rain for several weeks. Then just in time for the Loy Kratong holiday and the main ceremonies for the funeral for the Princess, the weather changed and became some of the most beautiful we've had in months. Now it's dark, dreary, rainy or about-to-rain weather again. How do they do that?
-
No need to worry about the boys at Saranrom. They are doing fine. Made a visit to this area over the weekend and was surprised at all the activity. Not with the boys, but half of Bangkok was out to visit and pay respects to the King’s sister. The memorial was set-up next to the royal palace, at the royal field. All this has moved the early activity away from the palace back along the canal. I met a nice slim 23 year old that was very accommodating around 10 pm. Families were parking along the canal, but still the boys were working. I returned at 3 AM and the boys were back in the usual spot, in force. No need to believe “Chicken Little” and his band, because cruis…
-
- 5 replies
- 2.5k views
-
-
As many of you know, the Pattaya Gay Festival (PGF) had a beach party scheduled for this Saturday, November 29. The party has been canceled. The cancellation has nothing to do with the turmoil in Bangkok. The problem is that PGF was promised that they would receive the necessary permits in time, but that won't happen. There has been some sort of delay about the permits. As a result they can't hold the event. All other PGF events are still expected to proceed as previously announced.
-
Australia:DO NOT TRAVEL Thailand Warning! From Australia - Government.... DFAT issues this warning: Thailand overall This Advice is current for Thursday, 27 November 2008. Be alert to own security Exercise caution High degree of caution Reconsider your need to travel Do not travel This advice has been reviewed and reissued. It contains new information in the Summary and under Safety and Security: Civil Unrest/Political Tension (contact details for airlines). The overall level of the advice has not changed. Summary * We advise you to exercise a high degree of caution because of the uncertain pol…
-
http://www.pattayadailynews.com/shownews.p...NEWS=0000007881
-
The Airports of Thailand has decided to close the Suvarnabhumi airport after PAD protesters entered passenger terminals. Now, there will not be out-bound flights. In-bound planes are being allowed to land for now, but can be diverted to key provincial airports if situations deteriorated. The order was issued by AOT chief Serirat Prasutanont. He made the decision after PAD protesters penetrated some passenger areas. The People's Alliance for Democracy threatened earlier Tuesday night to close down the Suvanabhumi Airport completely after several thousand PAD protesteers blocked an entrance earlier in the day and caused turmoil for numerous passengers. A…
-
" I like twink and boyish guys " This one is for you I have 3 more of him but probably couldnt get away with posting them here john
-
US Embassy: PAD demonstration Tuesday 25th at 2 BKK airports Received this from the US Embassy in Bangkok tonight...Tuesday Nov 25th: Warden Message: Update on PAD demonstrations on Tuesday, November 25; PAD demonstrators at Suvarnabhumi and Don Muang airports From: Bangkok ACS (acsbkk@state.gov) Sent: Tue 11/25/08 6:36 AM To: Bangkok ACS (acsbkk@state.gov) Tuesday, November 25, 2008 Reports indicate that PAD protesters are currently at both Suvarnabhumi and Don Muang airports. PAD protesters at Suvarnabhumi airport are currently (as of 17:30 Tuesday evening) blocking some taxi cab access on the main road to the airport. This sit…
-
The following appears in the BANGKOK POST: _____ Hurting the Country Editorial The People's Alliance for Democracy's blockade of the Motorway entrance to Suvarnabhumi airport is a wrong and unnecessary move. This ill-conceived disruption of one of the main roads leading to the country's most important international airport will get the PAD nowhere in its claimed agenda of toppling the government or any nominees of former prime minister Thaksin Shinawatra, or making Thai politics less prone to manipulation by money barons. In fact, this move will only further erode the rapidly dwindling public support, a hard-earned provision that the protesters …
-
- 0 replies
- 1.1k views
-