Gay Thailand
This is the main forum for all things gay in Thailand. Post about specific events, places, activities, questions, and comments under the relevant city heading. If commenting on more than one city or other parts of Thailand, use the general comments section below. Keep the topics related to information on Thailand.
Subforums
11,067 topics in this forum
-
I just booked my transfer from Bangkok Airport to Cafe Royale in Pattaya with Bell Travel. The cost are now 200/baht per person. A little higher than previously reported, however still a bargain. They also offer transfer from Pattaya hotel to a hotel in Bangkok, the cost for this is 350/baht per person. This transfer takes about 3 hrs because they take you first to the airport and then to their headquarters in Bangkok and then by mini-bus to your Bangkok hotel. They are very responsive and confirmed my bookings within 24 hrs. Bell's Travel email address: rrc_bus@hotmail.com
-
I just heard on CNN that a 40 year old American man that was HIV+ was cured. I did not hear the entire newscast and so am not sure of all the details. I think he was diagnosed with leukemia. He underwent radiation therapy and chemotherapy. I think they did a stem cell transplant and included some sore of gene that is resistant to receiving the HIV virus. I am sure we will here the details in the very near future. If true, this is sure a giant step in the fight against Aids.
-
Many post on tips for Thais but what about tithes for Thais? In other words, setting aside some money for the bf or boy special on a regular basis. An allowance is another word but not as alliterative! For those who have bfs in Thailand or special friends(regulars) do they provide money on a regular basis even when not in residence in Thailand? Yes, I know, the common wisdom is Thais have a string of farang who routinely send them money, but, I have not experienced this. For myself, I do have a bf which I dole out Baht on a weekly basis plus I have a few specials to whom I try to assist as my finances allow. For the special ones, I consider 3,000 to 4,000 Baht …
-
As many of you know, the funeral ceremonies for HRH Princess Galyani Vadhana will take place from Friday, November 14 through Sunday, November 16. Many have been asking whether the bars will be open. Again, as many of you know, quite often the final word from the police is not given until midnight the night before, but the latest information I have is that the Thai government has declared those three days as an official mourning period. The government will not close the bars, but has "requested" that the bars "tone down" the entertainment during that period. That's all anyone has been told at this point. In other words, as it stands at the time of this post, …
-
- 23 replies
- 5.1k views
-
-
Hopefully, someone who lives in Thailand with a younger Thai bf can tell me if their guy (and maybe you, wink wink) watches this tv show. I am interested because on December 14th at Safari World an all day concert is being held called Krungsri AF Funtasia. I guess they have done this for several years. Last year it was at Dream World. It is a long day concert from 11-6 and I really need to know if most gay Thai boys love this show or not to see if its worth going. For those that don't know Academy Fantasia (True Academy Fantasia actually) is a reality TV show that kind of melds American Idol and Big Brother together. I realize this would be a painful day for some...…
-
For the flying enthusiasts, there will be an international air and balloon show starting Friday, November 21 through Sunday, November 30. This is an international event and will feature many hot air balloons from around the world. The event will be held at Tamasart University. The university is close to Bira International Race Circuit on Highway 36, if that helps. You can receive more information by calling the Pattaya call center at 1337. This might be a place to go with your special young man.
-
The following appears in the BANGKOK POST: _____ Sex Slaves Abroad Police in England have smashed a large sex slavery network which forced dozens of Thai women to work in at least 16 brothels across London. Local media in London said that the raids freed more than 30 women who were kept in bondage until they paid an alleged debt of 28,000 British pounds - almost 1.5 million baht. Two brothers arrested in the case allegedly directed a strong-arm racket which kept the women prisoner, including holding their passports. Nine Thai gang members were sent to prison for up to two and a half years in the first court intervention in the slavery case. Abou…
-
- 0 replies
- 1.4k views
-
-
By The Nation An explosion occurred at a Bangkok intersection where vendors of the Klong Toey Market were rallying, injuring 13 of them, two severely. Police quoted witness as saying a bag was dropped from the flyover over the Ratchada-Rama IV Intersection, causing the explosion at 1 am Friday. Bomb disposal officers have yet to determine the type of the bomb. Some 1,000 vendors have been staging a protest at the intersection since Tuesday afternoon against the Port Authority of Thailand and Legal Co. The vendors protested against what they claimed to be unfair treatment against vendors at the Klong Toey market. The injured protesters were rushed …
-
The following appears in the BANGKOK POST: _____ UK Speaks on Visa Post reporters and Agencies Britain said Tuesday Thaksin Shinawatra's entry visa to the United Kingdom was revoked because of his Supreme Court conviction for corruption. British Foreign Secretary David Miliband confirmed at a news conference on his arrival at Sarajevo International Airport that Thaksin's visa would not be renewed. He said the decision to withdraw the visa was made by Home Secretary Jacqui Smith after he was convicted in absentia of corruption charges. Meanwhile, Malaysia yesterday refused to rule out granting political asylum to Thaksin, and said he is free…
-
- 0 replies
- 1.2k views
-
-
I really wanted to watch the election news on Wednesday. On Tuesday afternoon a speaker truck went down the street announcing that electric would be off Wednesday fro 8am - 6pm. So I called Two Guys Guest house to see if I could rent a room for the day and watch the results. I had never been there before. But found it to be a great place for a small fee. I really would recommend their breakfast also. Even if not staying in the rooms I found the small cafe to be comfortable, friendly with good food and low prices. It is on Soi Yensibai.
-
Pattaya seems fortunate to have several choices of hospitals in the city. Bangkok Pattaya Hospital is one of those choices. For me however I would advise expats in Pattaya that are in need of serious medical help to consider Bumrungrad Hospital in Bangkok Over a year ago I was having severe chest pain and sweating. I drove to Bangkok Pattaya Hospital emergency and I could not have had better care.They stabilized my heart and admitted be to the CCU. Care in the CCU was excellent. The doctor assigned to me had appropriate tests performed and it was decided that I needed angioplasty. I was very happy with the procedure and the after care. However, 8 months after th…
-
We haven't had a "flying farang" story in quite a while, so I suppose we were overdue. Here's the latest from the PATTAYA DAILY NEWS: _____ GERMAN NATIONAL DIES IN SUSPECTED SUICIDE FALL FROM PATTAYA CONDO ROOF A German national suspected of committing suicide was found dead following a fall from the roof of a Pattaya apartment block. Responding to a report received by Police Lieutenant Colonel Aniwat Thichan at 6.00 am. on the 8th November 2008, an emergency response squad consisting of the police, a Banglamung hospital team and a Sawang Boriboon Rescue Team rushed to the scene. On the ground outside Building A of the View Talay Condominium, Projec…
-
I read this on a slickdeals thread and thought some might be interested. The first link is to the thread and some forum comments. The second is a direct link to the thread. http://forums.slickdeals.net/showthread.ph...0&t=1008261 http://www.airasia.com/site/my/en/page.jsp?reference=1mfs
-
- 0 replies
- 1.3k views
-
-
The following appears in THE NATION: _____ UK Cancels Visas of Thaksin, Wife Published on November 8, 2008 The British Embassy has revoked entry visas of ousted prime minister Thaksin Shinawatra and his wife Pojaman. The cancellation, which was decided while the couple were outside England, has been notified to airlines yesterday. The decision was made by the United Kingdom Border Agency, and the notification email was signed by Bangkok-based Immigration Liaison Manager Andy Gray. The email read: "Dear All, The United Kingdom Border Agency has revoked the UK visas held by the following Thai nations: Thaksin Shinawatra. Thai …
-
As reported on Thaivisa the PM has warned of bomb threats after Nov16th. Four people have been arrested with bomb making parts and the PM warns to stay away from trouble areas. Why after the 16th I don't know.
-
- 1 reply
- 1.2k views
-
-
The beach is fun in Pattaya and I have my tickets but was told the food would be served at 8. For some reason I always thought it was at dark. Dark has been coming around 6 or before. What time do the fireworks start? Anyone have good information on this? Thanks in advance.
-
Daily I drive this route and it takes forever with all the road work being done. They seem to not be able to get cars moving beyond the pace of a turtle. I sat in a car yesterday to go one mile and it was over 45 minutes. This is more like Bangkok than Pattaya. I do wonder why they don't do the work at night instead of in the day?
-
Oftentimes I see, read and reply to posts wherein specific questions are asked and advice sought about Thailand. Many other forum members (on this and other forums/message boards) do their best, and sometimes their worst, to supply the requested information. And then? Never the courtesy of a thank you, a reply or follow up by the originating poster. For example, recently on another board, someone wanted to know where to buy a gold ring in Pattaya. After much advice he never followed up on his course of action, if any. Perhaps these people just want to read their words in print and see how many fish/suckers they can gig? Or are they too lazy, too drunk or too ill-man…
-
In previous posts I mentioned Sleaze and Swine but, some of those thoughts were out of frustration. If there ever was a Heaven on Earth, for people like me, it is Thailand. Maybe in an earlier time there was another place and maybe, if one is wealthy, their money can find them an alternate Heaven. But for the average guy, where else is there for us? Although there is a hellish aspect to life in Thailand, instead of eternal pain, there can be enduring pleasure. For me, it is time to enjoy it while I can and while it lasts.
-
- 8 replies
- 1.9k views
-
-
Don't forget this amazing holiday on the first full moon in November. I have made it to many and the beaches are packed with party goers and revelers. Fireworks are loud and in abundance. I hope that everyone gets a little piece of this amazing holiday.
-
This is a must see photo journey in LOS. The photos are wonderful and the story is filled with great tidbits of advice. http://www.gaytingtong.com/topic3516.html?...e5fbb88968a3a5b
-
A friend just got the Hutch wifi system. As he had an Apple, he had to take it in to be adapted to their system. I tested it today at breakfast and was impressed at the speed. It was getting over 900 kps. The upload was very slow but the download was sufficient for anyone just needing to surf and e-mail. The cost is 9,999 bath for the year. You need a passport to get this. If you do a monthly plan, you also need a Thai to sign for you. All in all, something that was very good for my testing.
-
I saw this discussion on thaivisa message board about a 62 year old American that was down on his luck. The title implies that he overstayed his visa and was granted a free pass. As it turns out, it looks like that is not the case. Some may find it interesting. Here is the link: http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/Free-Pass-Ov...ay-t220827.html
-
In these hard economic times, don’t you just love these contests and giveaways? Gay Thailand has been very kind and generous in sponsoring giveaways, as well as Oogleman on the Gay TingTong message board. What other type of promotions would you like see? Let’s put our heads together and help spend Gay Thailand’s money. Hope you don’t mind GT! I was thinking about a second prize, or should I call it a booby prize, for the “High Season Give-A-Way.” May I suggest a “Bangkok Weekend Get-a-way?” This could include a ticket from Pattaya to Bangkok on the Bell Travel Service Buss (do they go to Bangkok or just the airport?) or maybe the luxurious Government buss. Per…
-
I saw this link on another message board about Bird Flu: http://www.bangkokpost.net/101108_News/10Nov2008_news02.php With the financial crisis, high airfare costs, and now another dose of Bird Flu, there may not be a high season crowd at all in Thailand this year.