Gay Thailand
This is the main forum for all things gay in Thailand. Post about specific events, places, activities, questions, and comments under the relevant city heading. If commenting on more than one city or other parts of Thailand, use the general comments section below. Keep the topics related to information on Thailand.
Subforums
11,067 topics in this forum
-
BANGKOK HOSPITAL PATTAYA PROMOTIONS - From November 15 to December 31, 2008, you can get 50 to 70% off physical check up packages (premier is 20,000 Baht - regularly 40,000 Baht; Superior is 9,900 Baht - regularly 19,800 Baht; Deluxe is 6,250 Baht - regularly 12,500; and Essential is 2,900 Baht - regularly 5,800 Baht). Also, until December 31, 2008 you can get your flu shot for 938 Baht. Last year the Bangkok Pattaya Hospital had a booth at Royal Garden Shopping Center. I am not sure if they will have a booth, again this year. PHAYATHAI HOSPITAL SRIRACHA PROMOTIONS FOR NOVEMBER -- Check for Bone Density (hip and spine areas) for detection of Osteoporosis (promo…
-
The time of this posting is 8:30am. If anything major does happen today, I'll post the information when it becomes available. The following appears in THE NATION: _____ Political Upheaval Feared Today By The Nation on Sunday Published on November 23, 2008 The fate of the country hangs in the balance today in the face of another political upheaval that could lead to a bloodbath after the People's Alliance for Democracy vowed to launch an all-out effort to bring down the government of Prime Minister Somchai Wongsawat and prevent charter amendment by laying siege to Parliament today in its "biggest and final" rally yet. The PAD announced its pla…
-
- 6 replies
- 1.9k views
-
-
I was told about this last year, but I doubted it at the time. Now today on Thai television there is another incident of the same thing. It would appear that some tour buses are robbing their passengers after putting them to sleep with something in the air-con system. The incident today says that everyone on the bus, a large type double decked, was sleeping and were robbed by the driver and assistant. They went through everyone's belongings without anyone knowing what was going on. I don't know what type of sleeping drug was put through the system but this must go on quite a lot. In the incident that I was told about last year, one of the passengers did not g…
-
- 11 replies
- 2.4k views
-
-
I will be travelling soon to Vietnam from Thailand. I will need a visa to enter Thailand. Can anyone tell me how long it takes the Vietnam embassy in Bangkok to process a visa?? In other words, if I take my passport Etc. to the embassy, how long will they keep my passport??? I will be travelling to Bangkok next week, but need to know how long I have to stay to get my visa returned!!! Thanks for any help!!!
-
Did you know that the Lese-Majeste law also applies to foreign kings and queens, as well as chief of state of foreign countries. I am really worried, now. Do you think they will come and get me for bad-mouthing George Bush? Lese-majeste law: Article 112 of the Thai Criminal Code: jail term of 3 – 15 years for anyone who defames, insults or threatens: the king, queen, heir apparent or regent. Article 133: jail term of 1 -7 years or fine 2,000-14,000 baht or both jail term and fine for anyone who defames, insults or threatens king, queen, queen’s husband, heir apparent or chief of state of foreign country.
-
Some culture: Netsuke (Japanese) are miniature sculptures that were invented in 17th century Japan to serve a practical function (the two Japanese characters ne+tsuke mean "root" and "to attach"). Traditional Japanese garment—robes called kosode and kimono—had no pockets, however men who wore them needed a place to store their personal belongings such as pipes, tobacco, money, seals, or medicines. Their solution was to place such objects in containers (called sagemono) hung by cords from the robes' sash (obi). The containers may be a pouch or a small woven basket, but the most popular were beautifully crafted boxes (inro), which were held shut by an ojime, which we…
-
On Saturday and Sunday, November 22 and 23 the 8th annual longboat races will be held at Maprachan Reservoir on the eastern outskirts of Pattaya. Beautiful carved boats from the king's collection will be there, and it should be a lovely afternoon. Competitors will be vying for His Majesty the King’s Cup. There will be three categories, the traditional longboat, small boat, and international. Overseas teams will be from Burma, Malaysia, Vietnam, Laos, Cambodia, and Singapore.
-
Do I need to reschedule a flight or do I have a good chance of making this connection.... I have a friend arriving at the old airport on a Monday at 1:10 in the afternoon and then we have a flight from the new airport (bangkok Air) that leaves at 2:45. Is there enough time assuming Thai Airways will arrive on a domestic flight to the old airport in time? Seems too close of a connection for my tastes but i do not have any idea really...... If there is enough time, what is the route and method of transport (I assume taxi) to get this done fast?
-
-
I took a poll of Thais that supported Thaskin before PAD had their protests, and found out that 2 of the 2 I asked had actually gone from supporting Thaskin to believe he should get out of politics completely not as he is doing now by having proxies for him run the government. True, 2 Thais are not a very large sample. But I wonder if PAD has changed many peoples views.
-
- 0 replies
- 1.1k views
-
-
Do not get into a shouting match with a Thai, especially when drunk. Thais are generally gentle but will inflict huge damage to your person when provoked.
-
I have used this place for a while but mostly ordered from them via Door2Door. I love the food. Last night, the BF and I decided to take a few friends out to dinner and we ended up here. The place in on Theppasit Road not too far from the main road to the beach. The restaurant is right on the major road and has a large sign and not easy to miss. The place is clean and well run. You can sit outside or inside. They have license plates from many US states inside on the walls. We ordered the feast which has ribs, pulled pork, chicken, cold slaw, beans, fries and more. It was 1100 baht. We all ordered drinks as well and they have a pitcher of Heineken for …
-
- 9 replies
- 2.7k views
-
-
Thanksgiving is Thursday, November 27. Pattaya will have several choices for a traditional Thanksgiving dinner. My personal preference is the Amor Restaurant. That's where I go every year and I intend to be there this year too. The dinner is served "family style" with waiters bringing around trays filled with each of the selections. You can have as much as you want as many times as you want. If anyone wishes to join me and my group, we will be delighted to have you. Just send me an Email at gaybutton@gmail.com and I'll be happy to add you to my reservation.
-
I have just taken over LOS and I want all you farang out of the country....where would you settle? back home, somewhere else in Asia or...where?
-
I enjoy going to that site sometimes when I visit GayThailand forum. Someone told me it was owned by GayThailand (the Flirt for Free site). Is it? I think it is fun to look for free
-
In Singapore for holiday and having a good time. I did a fun thing today. I had a foot massage. But, it was no ordinary foot massage, it was one given to me by fish. Yep, that's right, Fish. I love a foot massage sitting on the beach in Jomtien and relaxing. I just love it. Having seen signs on a Singapore taxi about a fish spa, I decided to give it a try. They clean your feet and you put them into a tank of water for 30 minutes while the fish suck and nibble the dry skin off your of feet and legs. They say it is a very natural way to exfoliate. LOL It was entertaining as I went with a lady I met at my hotel and we were chatting and we both decided…
-
In the Jomtien Complex there is a new restaurant called Café Ritz. It's only been open about 6 weeks. This evening a friend and I tried it, and this restaurant is now on my list of "don't miss" restaurants. To find it, if you are standing in front of the Bondi, facing the street, just walk forward to the next soi, turn right, and you'll spot it. The restaurant opens at 6:30pm. The owner and chef is John Rumbelow, from the UK. He's definitely a character and he'll personally see to your satisfaction. The restaurant is quite tastefully decorated. It's a small restaurant, but we both thought it was excellent, with excellent service from his staff. There …
-
I have taken our "family" dogs to several different vets around town. All seemed to be ok, but I feel now I have found one that is very good. The name of the clinic is Pattaya Veterinary Clinic. It is on Pattaya Tai past third road at soi 12 on the north side. The doctor is very fluent in English and has now treated all of our (7) dogs at least once. He even came to our house to inspect the large dog house we built to give us advice on keeping it clean and suggested cleaning products we could get. I would like to start a poll on how many expats have cats or dogs here but am not sure how to do that..........
-
Reward flights for 50 % less British Air Miles ALL seats! Friends, I received this e-mail info from BA today: DO YOU HAVE MILES ON BRITISH AIRWAYS? IF SO...THIS IS GREAT NEWS! Reward flights for 50 percent less BA Miles Our best-ever reward flight offer is happening now. We’ve reduced the BA Miles needed for round trip reward flights, in all cabins, to all destinations worldwide, by 50%. But hurry. Book before midnight GMT on 28 November 2008, or they’ll go without you. Enjoy your trip, and your savings. Book now http://www.britishairways.com/travel/globa...obal/public/en_ * This offer does not apply to Part Cash P…
-
The following appears in the BANGKOK POST: _____ Burmese Fight Democracy UPDATE By Larry Jagan Burma's military rulers have revealed their intention to eliminate anyone who opposes their authority in the lead-up to the planned elections in two years' time. Anyone who poses a challenge to the Burmese regime is being targetted in what may be the biggest crackdown on dissent in the country since the massive pro-democracy demonstrations in 1988, which brought the country to a standstill for months before the army seized power in a military coup. The courts in Burma have been very busy in the last few weeks as hundreds of dissidents have been put aw…
-
- 16 replies
- 2.5k views
-
-
I found this in an article in the Pattaya Daily News http://www.pattayadailynews.com/showfeatur...reID=0000000970 These are proposals set forth by Pattaya City Hall to promote Pattaya tourism: 1. advice media to focus on positive rather than negative aspects; 2. tell readers that Pattaya has remained untouched by events in Bangkok; 3. explain that there are no problems travelling from Suvarnabhumi Airport to Pattaya; 4. write letters to all the tour agencies to assure them that Pattaya has no problem, and it still safe to travel here; 5. encourage local tourists, especially from Bangkok; 6. spend 5 million baht on events such as Loy Kratong, and…
-
-
Where are the places that serve good food, that you particularly enjoy, in the Pattaya area after midnight? The food can be as simple as a stand or a could sit down restaurant and anywhere in the Pattaya area. The type of food doesn't matter just tell me what kind it is of course, lol. Thanks for your help!
-
- 15 replies
- 3.9k views
-
-
I was at the Bell Travel Service headquarters in Pattaya to get a bus schedule. I asked the lady at the desk if the fare was still 150 Baht. She said, "Yes, still 150 baht." She then pointed to a sign stating a fare increase for December 1, 2008. The new fare in December will be 200 baht.
-
So, what do most people take with them on their trip to Thailand? I wasn't going to bring any travelers checks but I read that they get a better exchange rate than either cash or cards.....seems really odd to me! I was going to bring a small amount of Thai Baht and some USA dollars and then my atm and credit cards for the bulk of it. Does this sound reasonable?