Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Gay Guides Forum

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Gay Thailand

This is the main forum for all things gay in Thailand. Post about specific events, places, activities, questions, and comments under the relevant city heading. If commenting on more than one city or other parts of Thailand, use the general comments section below. Keep the topics related to information on Thailand.

  1. Started by Gaybutton,

    The following appears in PATTAYA ONE: _____ American Dies after Fall from Well-Known condo. On Thursday afternoon police and rescue services were called to Center Condo in South Pattaya after being informed that a foreign man had fallen from one of the floors and was lying badly injured at the base of the building. The man, an American national later identified as Michael John Bruner, aged 58, was lying face down and clearly in a very distressed state with multiple broken bones. Although he was attended to at the scene and then rushed to Pattaya Memorial hospital, Mr Bruner died a short while later from his injuries. Initial theories are that Mr Bruner c…

    • 0 replies
    • 1.1k views
  2. Started by PattayaMale,

    Last night I was in the bars in Boystown area, Sunee Plaza and Jomtien. The places I went were very full. Is it possible that the idea that there would be no high season this year, was just fear? I have read that tourism is down 50%, but possibly the gay dollar is stronger now. Families traveling might have a harder time paying the vacation bill. I am sure that as always, poorly managed bars may not be doing well, but others seem to be doing well..........at least last night.

  3. Started by TotallyOz,

    I spent a few days in Singapore and homosexuality there is illegal. I did meet many gays but I find it horrible they can be classified as at risk for being arrested just for having sex with another man. It does remind me of the deep south many years ago. I grew up and didn't "come out" until I was 27. I didn't share my "secret" with anyone. Perhaps if I had visited Thailand and the acceptance it has with gays and ladyboys I would have came out much earlier. I still have some friends in the states that are not out to family and friends. Are you? Are you out only in LOS? Or, everywhere? As some say I am slightly flamboyant and not sure how anyone …

    • 19 replies
    • 4.3k views
  4. One thing about having a guest visit from outside of Thailand is that you often see areas of town that as an ex pat you may not visit very much. One of the areas for me is walking street. I hardly ever go there anymore. But this week I took my friend to walking street. The most obvious change for me was the over sized LCD (?) panel that has replaced the old walking street entrance sign. In my view it is terrible! It is very bright. It is so bright we had to put our hand up to partially cover our eyes. It also seemed to be playing commercials about soap products and the like. If you haven't seen the new (I have no idea how long it has been there) sign take …

    • 8 replies
    • 1.8k views
  5. Guest MonkeySee
    Started by Guest MonkeySee,

    On November 25, a charity music event will be held on Jomtiem beach. There will be rock bands, as well as some reggae. The event is sponsored by Seed 97.5 FM radio station. The concert will be about three hours long and start around 4 pm. For more information, call the Pattaya call center at 1337.

    • 0 replies
    • 1.1k views
  6. Guest MonkeySee
    Started by Guest MonkeySee,

    Pattaya Windsurfing Races Here is another event that you might want to attend. There should be some good-looking guys in and around these events. On November 28 to December 5 there will be the 2008 WINDSURFING RACES. The event will be held on Jomtiem Beach and feature four separate events. The events include the 1). Pattaya City Asian Championship, 2) Pattaya City Open, 3). Pattaya City Asian Youth Championship, and 4). Pattaya International Mistral Regatta.

    • 0 replies
    • 967 views
  7. Started by TotallyOz,

    The owner of Villa Rouge is having his birthday party this year on Nov 20th. They will have a big buffett, birthday cake and a lucky draw. They will also have a special show. I have been to this owner's party before and he really knows how to throw a party!

    • 4 replies
    • 1.6k views
  8. Started by PattayaMale,

    I saw on another forum where some posters thought that Googie's Restaurant might have closed. It is not true as I ate breakfast there today. Googie told me that the reason he was closed one day was that they were pulling electric lines and he had no electric. The electric was to come on at 5pm but did not until 7:30. Another day a pipe or drain that runs behind Pattaya People broke and it took the city most of the day to get it fixed. Another day his 2 chefs did not show up. I think running a business in Thailand must be a pain. I do think Googie's has good food and that he is fun to talk with. For those that are not sure of its location. It…

    • 12 replies
    • 3.2k views
  9. Started by PattayaMale,

    Even though I live in Pattaya I hardly ever go to the beach. But since I have a friend visiting, we went there today and sat at Ritt's. It was a great day but I was astonished at how unclean the toilet area is even though they charge 5 baht to use the toilet. I had assumed that the 5 baht was to pay the workers that would clean the toilet. Instead it was very dirty. A lady sits in front collecting the money, but that seems to be it. Just collect 5 baht. The Pattaya city council comes up with these very expensive plans to help bring in tourists but seems to overlook the small but important things like having a clean bathroom which people have to pay to use.

    • 7 replies
    • 2.6k views
  10. Started by PattayaMale,

    I recently had a friend visiting that flew from LAX to Bangkok on Singapore Air A340-500. It is an all single Business Class aircraft. I looked at the pictures on Singapore Air's web site. This was his first time to fly this aircraft. He said it was very nice with great service. I thought maybe I would book this flight if I go back to the USA this next year... until I saw the price..... Then I thought what a great promotion it would be for GayThailand......Any chance????

    • 1 reply
    • 1.4k views
  11. Started by PattayaMale,

    A place I enjoy eating at has been having problems keeping a chef recently. If you know anyone that has done this work at a farang restaurant (not fancy) pleas PM me

    • 9 replies
    • 2.1k views
  12. Guest Geezer
    Started by Guest Geezer,

    PAD PROTESTS NOW IN PATTAYA – GRAVE CONCERN FOR THE CONSEQUENCES http://www.pattayadailynews.com/shownews.p...NEWS=0000007845

    • 0 replies
    • 1k views
  13. Guest GaySacGuy
    Started by Guest GaySacGuy,

    I flew the LAX - BKK direct flight on Saturday evening (17th). It was a great flight and arrived on time. However, it was very empty! I would say less than 30% occupancy. There were several four across seat in the center of the economy section that were completely empty. Nearly all other had only 1 or 2 people, and there were single in most of the two seater window rows. Everyone in economy had plenty of places to stretch out and sleep, as the arms on the seat will raise in economy. I was in premium economy, and most of the three across had only one person (but the seat arms don't raise) and only a couple of window rows had two people. Business class looked ab…

    • 10 replies
    • 2.1k views
  14. My Thai friend was one of the most careful drivers I could want. For years I felt very safe when in the car with him driving. Recently he has been following other vehicles too closely for me. I have tried to explain why he should keep a greater distance but he now says he is a "professional" Coming back from the airport the other day at night I had suggested he give more room from the truck ahead. Well just after I said that. Bam, the Vigo truck flipped over across the road

    • 16 replies
    • 2.5k views
  15. Started by TotallyOz,

    BANGKOK, Thailand (AP) -- Anti-government protesters in Thailand say an explosive was hurled overnight at their sit-in outside the prime minister's office, killing one and wounding 23. One of the protest leaders, Amorn Amornratamanon, says the blast occurred shortly after 3 a.m. Thursday (2000 GMT Wednesday). He says the explosive was thrown inside the main gate of the Government House compound, which protesters have occupied since August. Government officials have not worked at the compound since the protest began. Protesters are demanding the resignation of Prime Minister Somchai Wongsawat. http://edition.cnn.com/2008/WORLD/asiapcf/...t.ap/index…

    • 0 replies
    • 1.1k views
  16. Started by PattayaMale,

    In the past I have enjoyed Happy Boys even though I am not there very frequently. Today I took my friend from the USA to show him this unique bar. Unfortunately, they now are allowing smoking in the bar. I asked the owner/manager if he would please enforce the policy as he was sitting outside smoking. I thought he would simply tell the guy that was smoking to step outside, but he did not. He just said, "You can smoke in every bar now. In every bar they let you smoke." I said that I had just come from Crazy Dragon, Nice Boys, Euro Boys, and JJJ. None of those permitted smoking inside the air conditioned bar. He started to tell me that he was a smoker and it…

    • 11 replies
    • 2.4k views
  17. Guest MonkeySee
    Started by Guest MonkeySee,

    NOVEMBER 29, SATURDAY -- PGF BEACH PARTY on Dongtan Beach opposite Tui's Place. Tickets are 200 Baht (includes first drink) and 100 Baht donated to chairty. Drinks are 120 Baht with 20 Baht donated to charity. Gates open at 8:30pm with show starting at 9pm. Food and drinks available from Tui's place throughout the evening. Many prizes in the Beach Raffle NOVEMBER 30, SUNDAY -- PGF CHARITY DINNER AT BRUNOS -- The price of the dinner is 2,000 Baht with 500 Baht going to charity. For reservations or more information, telephone 038-364-600 or 038-364-601 or visit www.brunos-pattaya.com. DECEMBER 1, MONDAY -- PGF MR. PATTAYA 2008 will be at Boyz, Boyz, Boyz in Pat…

    • 7 replies
    • 1.7k views
  18. Somehow I'm not surprised. According to Thaksin, he had promised his wife a divorce if he ever decided to return to politics. Since he is about to announce an official return, that's the reason for the divorce . . . so he says. Meanwhile, the PAD is essentially saying, "We are not amused." I suppose Thailand doesn't have enough political turmoil . . . The following appears in the THE NATION: _____ Fugitive ex-PM Thaksin to Declare his Return to Politics By Somroutai Sapsomboon The Nation Convicted ex-PM Thaksin Shinawatra will declare his return to politic and his eye-for-an-eye fight with his enemies next month in a controversial mobil…

  19. Guest laurence
    Started by Guest laurence,

    Just when do Thai "boys" become Thai "men"? Sure we all talk about boys but really mean guys about 18 or over. Even the Thais refer to themselves as "boys" but not in the sense of what a farang might consider a boy. Even my bf says, "I not young boy anymore" meaning he is over 18yo. Sort of like, in the USA, all blacks were referred to as "boy".,We even refer to the police as "boys in brown". In my case, anyone younger than I is a boy. Well, not really, maybe a good old boy. I do get into trouble with farang friends in the USA when I use the term "boys" when speaking of my exploits in Thailand.

    • 7 replies
    • 2.2k views
  20. Started by PattayaMale,

    I just learned that Dr. Olivier has moved his office back to Day Night area. He has been a popular doctor for years in Pattaya. Now he is back to the same area across from the day night hotel. I have used his services in the past when my Thai friend needed medical attention. I suggest that others that may need basic doctor services consider using his services

    • 3 replies
    • 2k views
  21. Started by Gaybutton,

    Finally, we have something official. The following appears in PATTAYA ONE: _____ Entertainment Venues and Tourists Prepare for 3 days of Closures and Limited Service During this time, Pattaya along with the rest of Thailand are in a period of mourning. Although Pattaya is dominated by it’s entertainment industry, local venues are complying with regulations put into place to cover a 3 day period from 14th until 16th of November when Cremation Rituals and the Cremation Ceremony for Her Royal Highness Princess Galyani Wattana takes place. Entertainment venues recently received a letter from the Chief of Banglamung District, Khun Mongkol which stated that ve…

    • 7 replies
    • 2.2k views
  22. Started by TotallyOz,

    George is hosting an event for all the forums in December. We would like to have a little fun with this as well here at GayThailand. So, we are going to have a photo contest. The rules are simple. 1. Post your photos here and post as many as you like and want to enter. 2. The photo must be original and taken by the poster who posts it. 3. The photos will be judged by a group of impartial judges with the top 10 selected 10 days before the All Forums Meet and Greet. 4. The top ten will be voted on by the members here and the winner will be the ones with the most votes. Only one vote per registered. Prizes will be given away on night of the mee…

    • 27 replies
    • 78.4k views
  23. Started by TotallyOz,

    Former prime minister Thaksin Shinawatra is reported to have divorced his wife Khunying Potjaman, in a move that has shocked many of the couple's friends and colleagues. Thaksin told People Power party (PPP) MPs at a dinner in Hong Kong last night that his 32-year marriage had ended. "We divorced in order to make everybody feel comfortable," a PPP MP, who was at the dinner, quoted Thaksin as saying. The divorce was sealed at 11.00am yesterday at the Thai consulate in Hong Kong, the source said. Thaksin's announcement shocked everyone at the table which became suddenly silent, said the MP, who declined to be named. Khunying Potjaman was not at the dinne…

    • 5 replies
    • 2.3k views
  24. Guest laurence
    Started by Guest laurence,

    I heard from a Thai friend that Thais are wearing either a black or white shirt during the "funeral" period for the royal princess. Has anyone noticed this phenomenon and are farang doing the same?

    • 6 replies
    • 4.6k views
  25. Started by Gaybutton,

    According to the Pattaya Business and Tourism Association, tourist numbers in Pattaya this year are 50% less than last year, and last year was no great shakes in the first place. Based on personal observation, I believe the numbers are even less than that. Details are in the following article i The PATTAYA MAIL: http://www.pattayamail.com/current/news.shtml#hd3

    • 4 replies
    • 1.6k views

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.