Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Gay Guides Forum

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Gay Thailand

This is the main forum for all things gay in Thailand. Post about specific events, places, activities, questions, and comments under the relevant city heading. If commenting on more than one city or other parts of Thailand, use the general comments section below. Keep the topics related to information on Thailand.

  1. Started by PattayaMale,

    All over Pattaya I see trucks pulling new electric lines and installing new electric posts. The electric in my area has been cut all day 4 times now, I don't know how the hotels cope. I was having an election breakfast and invited some friends to watch the results, but at 4pm today a speaker truck went by saying the electric would be cut again from 8am - 6pm So I booked a room at Two Guys Guest House so I could watch the results.

    • 2 replies
    • 1.5k views
  2. Started by TotallyOz,

    For those of you that have boyfriends who are going back to the one day a week high school so they can finish their degrees, this is the weekend they must register. They need to find a school, get their papers from their family home and an ID. I have been told that this is the weekend for most parts of the country that they must go and talk to the teacher.

    • 6 replies
    • 1.8k views
  3. Guest MonkeySee
    Started by Guest MonkeySee,

    I came across "101 things you did not know about Thailand" on the Paknam website. Number 3 was, "You should only write the name of people in red ink, if they are dead or wish them to be dead." How true is this? Someone said that it is more of a Chinese thing than a Thai issue. I bought a bunch of pens at a close-out sale to give away to children on an upcoming Laos trip. It turns out they are red ink pens. I am wondering if this will be a problem?

    • 7 replies
    • 2.1k views
  4. Guest HeyGay
    Started by Guest HeyGay,

    As Bunk Kums 1st report is correct :- The ICON IS back:The old ICON may be coming back? @ Bondi Dont quote me! but I was told by a mole, that surprise Owners will be recreating the old ICON, one of these owner, so I have been reliably informed, use to get his leg over many times when the ICON was in Full Swing, and was a share holder, I hope so, I for one, use to miss this extravaganza Hotel Complex, all we will be short of is the fab swimming pool, but the Jomtien beach is over the back garden.also confirmed. 3 shophouses of the old Bondi have been purchased by well-known local couple Ray Cornell and Darrell Bevers in a partnership and the building is currently be…

    • 3 replies
    • 1.6k views
  5. Started by Gaybutton,

    I'm sure the media in most countries is making it look like the entire country of Thailand is embroiled in violent civil war, especially now that the military has become involved. Relax. Nothing could be further from the truth. In Pattaya, just like the coup, you wouldn't know anything is going on at all if it wasn't for TV and the newspapers. Absolutely nothing has changed at all. Even in Bangkok, except for the small area where all this is taking place (and it's nowhere near the gay venue areas), you still wouldn't know anything is going on. Maybe trying to find boys around Saranrom Park might not exactly be a great idea at the moment, but other than that, Ban…

    • 18 replies
    • 4.4k views
  6. Started by TotallyOz,

    I was having breakfast with a guy this morning and he is here on holiday. He has a few regular boys he sees and enjoys his time here. He has one boy that is trying to hook him for a long term deal. The Farang told him that he was here to be a butterfly and not to fall in love. He said he would be good to the boy but not looking for a LTR. I can see the benefits of this and I often say that I would love to be this way but I seem to be more a LTR kind of a guy. I still like to play but am always open to the long term thing. I wonder how many people that spend the majority of time here are looking for a steady as opposed to the flight of the butterfly? I was at a…

    • 11 replies
    • 2.5k views
  7. Guest spunkyg
    Started by Guest spunkyg,

    Hi Guys I am in Phuket for 1 more week and then am coming over to Pattaya Can anyone recommend any hotels/Guest houses for about 600-800 baht a night in the gay area of pattaya?? Also what does a taxi cost roughly from Bangkok international airport to Pattaya? Your help is appreciated guys Thanks Spunkyg

    • 13 replies
    • 3.1k views
  8. Guest topjohn5
    Started by Guest topjohn5,

    My Filipino semi-bf (as we call each other) and I will be in Pattaya for New Years. Where would you recommend we go for a good dinner (not stuffy) and a good celebration in a gay atmosphere? I guess the dinner could be one place and the partying could be somewhere else...... Are there any big parties that need to be reserved ahead of time?

    • 5 replies
    • 1.5k views
  9. Started by TotallyOz,

    I went in for a drink tonight and was very impressed with the bar. It is beautiful with very comfortable seats and chains from the ceiling. The boys are on the floor and they have room to move and dance around. I had a water (my usual) and they only charged 90 baht. The same at the other bars are 120 and 130. They had a great staff of guys and some very cute ones. I thought the place was charming and wish I had gone in before tonight.

    • 12 replies
    • 4.3k views
  10. Guest Simon208
    Started by Guest Simon208,

    Hi I have just arrived back to Bangkok after a gap of a few years. I am staying in Silom....went out last night to a massage place in what I think was called Silom Plaza down near the Sofitel on the opposiate side of the Road....on the first floor the last time I was there there where 2 boy massage places. Last night the shutter where down and the place closed. I then went down the road near the Golden Cock...the massage place there was closed as well. Is this just becuase it was Thursday....have they closed for good or because of low season? Can anybody recommend any other places in the area for an oil / thai massage with 'optional extras'...wh…

    • 5 replies
    • 2.9k views
  11. Started by Gaybutton,

    TOQ, why didn't you tell us about your web site?!?!?!? Folks, if you want to see some of the most fabulous photos of Thailand, then don't miss TOQ`s ADVENTURES IN THAILAND web site. It's page after page of photos that National Geographic photographers would envy. I mean that. Some of those photos ought to win awards. I've never seen anyone who is able to capture the "real" Thailand the way TOQ does. There's a lot of photos, so it takes some time for everything to load up, but it's well worth the wait. The URL is: http://freeblognetwork.com/TOQ

    • 3 replies
    • 1.5k views
  12. Started by TotallyOz,

    I met another poster tonight for drinks. Normally I do not drink. Wait. To be honest I never drink. I have not ever been drunk. I have been high in my youth but that was from smoking and not alcohol. (Rarely a night goes by in Amsterdam when I am not a bit flighty) But, we met up and started laughing and having a blast. One thing led to another and he got me to play a game of Rock, Paper, Scissors with him. I lost and drank my first shot of whiskey in 20 years. After a bottle of Black went down, I made my way home to some beautiful boys who were horny as hell. My only response to them was "not tonight dear, I have a headache." Now I know what it feels like. W…

    • 5 replies
    • 2.6k views
  13. The boyfriend and I are going on a holiday next month and the best route to travel in through Amsterdam. Will he have any problems with a Thai passport? I want this experience to be amazing for him.

    • 9 replies
    • 2.9k views
  14. November 1 – 16. Gourmet Set Menu House Champagne *** Amuse Bouche *** White Wine Cackle Berry Chardonnay, Australia 2004 Salad of Rock Lobster and Artichokes Hearts on Mesclun *** Truffle flavored Leek & Potato Cream soup *** Roasted Pigeon on braised red Cabbage and glazed Chestnuts *** Orange Sherbet *** Red Wine Sea Horse Bay, Shiraz, Australia,2006 Cajun blackened Salmon with Creol Rice on Corn Galette or Veal Liver in Port Wine Sauce and light Potato Roeschti *** William Pear Mousse with Chocolate Crepe and Puff Stick or Selection of premium international Cheese…

    • 3 replies
    • 1.4k views
  15. Started by TotallyOz,

    I am addicted to many things in life. I love chocolate and caffeine. Specifically, I love Diet Coke and any kind of chocolate. I am currently in Brazil and they have a treat called Brigadaros which are chocolate balls with sprinkles on the outside. Nearly every outdoor café and bar has them. They are delicious and I can’t seem to get enough of them. While I do love them, I limit myself to one a day as I know they are not good for me. In contract to that, I also have been addicted to exercise the past year. I love it and can’t seem to go a few days without it. I enjoy all kinds of exercise but I especially love jogging. On a treadmill or on the road, …

    • 14 replies
    • 3.6k views
  16. Started by TotallyOz,

    I have to pull out a Karaoke night every now and again. When I first came to Pattaya, my first night was a blast. It was so fun to watch. The more times I went, the harder it became to stay awake for me. The deal I had with the first BF was maximum 2 nights a week. I think I got suckered in on that one as that is what he said was normal. LOL He also told me 30k bath a month plus all expenses and an entertainment budget was normal. I had a friend that would suffer through these karaoke events with me and we would both watch our watches until we thought it was safe to make a quick exit. Now, I find that it is easy thanks to Blu-0 at Major in Pattaya. You…

    • 0 replies
    • 1.2k views
  17. PATHUM THANI: Most people have been warned at some point not to flush condoms down the toilet for risk of blocking the outflow pipe and having a nasty overflowing toilet to deal with. But who has ever seen it actually happen? The management of one short-time hotel in Muang District discovered, to its chagrin, that a steady input of second-hand prophylactics can block not only a toilet, but indeed an entire neighborhood sewage system, leading to streets flooded with filthy, condom infested water. Short-time hotels in Thailand are known in the vernacular as ‘drawing curtains’ hotels for their signature feature, a curtain that allows couples to pull into a carport …

    • 6 replies
    • 1.7k views
  18. One Dead, 10 Injured in Bombings, Gunshots at PAD Protest Site, Judge's Home BANGKOK, Oct 30 (TNA) The People's Alliance for Democracy (PAD) protester's rally site at Makhawan Rangsan Bridge on Ratchadamnern Avenue was disrupted by a bomb, with 10 persons wounded, and one man was found dead near the Metropolitan Police Bureau headquarters, nearby. Meanwhile, a second bomb exploded at Constitution Court judge Charan Pakdeethanakul's home causing minor damage but no injury. Witnesses said that at about 3 am, two suspects drove a motorcycle to the rally site where Peoples' Alliance security personnel had blocked the roads with steel fencing and car tyres…

    • 6 replies
    • 1.9k views
  19. Started by TotallyOz,

    I may be in Khon Kaen at end of January for a week. Where would be a good place to stay with high speed Internet? What is the city like? Weather like that time of year?

    • 2 replies
    • 1.6k views
  20. Guest Simon208
    Started by Guest Simon208,

    I am sitting in LHR awaiting a flight to Bangkok for a short trip to Asia. As part of my trip I would like to visit Laos this Saturday for a few days. I have been looking at flights from BKK but what ones there are seem VERY expensive. I have check out Air Asia and they do not fly there except going via KUL and Bangkok Air are a bit on the rich side. So are there any other airlines that fly there? If I have 3 days what would you recommend places to stay and things to do? Thanks in advance Simon

    • 15 replies
    • 2.4k views
  21. Started by TotallyOz,

    Last night in Sunee I was talking to a boy outside of Erich's new restaurant and all of the sudden a motorcycle starts up about 10 feet from me and starts high speed in full throttle and runs right into me and the boy and then into the motorcycles behind us. Both the boy and I were fine and not hurt as we were able to move back quickly as we heard it coming at us. My hand is still a bit bruised and my foot is sore but other than that, no serious injury. The guy driving may have been drunk but I was told he had an automatic and when he went to start, it locked into high gear and took off fast. The BF said that the same thing happened to him before. When walking …

    • 4 replies
    • 1.6k views
  22. Started by TotallyOz,

    At the disco last night, I made a few promises for short times. One was for 2 O'clock today as I do love an afternooner. But, as I was typing here at 8am, he showed up in my bedroom. My gardener let him in as she knew him and recognized him from more than a few visits. I looked back and said, "why are you here so early?" He said I told him 2 and he wanted to come and woke up early to be here. I often forget that the word usage for Thai time is different than my usual words so I need to be more clean. Anyway, on that note, I am off for a bit (with a smile on my face as I love a morning visit even more than an afternooner) with a note to myself to be more clear on t…

    • 37 replies
    • 8k views
  23. Guest lvdkeyes
    Started by Guest lvdkeyes,

    I received this e mail today: October 29, 2008 This warden message is being issued to alert U.S. Citizens traveling to and residing in Thailand that media reports indicate the People's Alliance for Democracy (PAD) will hold a rally tomorrow, Thursday, October 30, 2008 at Siam Paragon shopping center beginning at 10:00 a.m. It is expected that the rally will move down Sukhumvit Road to the British Embassy where the demonstrators will congregate. At this time, it is not clear if the demonstrators plan to proceed onto Wireless Road. The demonstration is expected to last until 2:00 p.m. We ask Americans to exercise caution if you are going to be…

    • 0 replies
    • 1.4k views
  24. Started by TotallyOz,

    UTTARADIT: Government officials in Uttaradit have been put on high alert after a teenage couple was caught having sex right outside the culture office in the Provincial Hall on the afternoon of September 20. On that day, the town was packed with people coming to watch a festival being held in Phraya Phichai Dap Hak Sports Stadium, opposite the hall. Uttaradit resident Thongsak Yammansri told reporters that he happened upon the canoodling couple at about 2 pm, after he felt the urge to relieve himself while watching the procession of floats displaying local fruits and beauty queens. As he was wandering past the offices of the provincial election commission a…

    • 0 replies
    • 1.1k views
  25. PHNOM PENH (Reuters) - Impoverished Cambodia has doubled its 2009 military budget to $500 million (311 million pounds) following this month's border clash with Thailand, officials said on Wednesday, an increase that is likely to anger its donors. The National Assembly is expected to approve the new budget next week, with the military accounting for 25 percent of all spending, said Cheam Yeap, head of its finance commission. "This incident has awoken us to the need for our soldiers to be better equipped. We cannot sit and watch Thai troops encroach on our border," he told Reuters. "Our army needs to be more organised, better trained, with newer bases and well-fed…

    • 0 replies
    • 1.2k views

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.