Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Gay Guides Forum

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Gay Thailand

This is the main forum for all things gay in Thailand. Post about specific events, places, activities, questions, and comments under the relevant city heading. If commenting on more than one city or other parts of Thailand, use the general comments section below. Keep the topics related to information on Thailand.

  1. The following appears on CNN: _____ YouTube Ordered to Reveal Its Viewers NEW YORK (AP) -- Dismissing privacy concerns, a federal judge overseeing a $1 billion copyright-infringement lawsuit against YouTube has ordered the popular online video-sharing service to disclose who watches which video clips and when. U.S. District Judge Louis L. Stanton authorized full access to the YouTube logs after Viacom Inc. and other copyright holders argued that they needed the data to show whether their copyright-protected videos are more heavily watched than amateur clips. The data would not be publicly released but disclosed only to the plaintiffs, and it would …

    • 2 replies
    • 2.1k views
  2. Started by TotallyOz,

    I have had many boyfriends over the years and know a few things. One, you don't want to give too much as it may be wasted or used on yabba or sucked up by the family. Two, you don't want to give to little or they will seek greener pastures. I think somewhere in the middle is a way to make both the farang and the boy happy. I have had 3 different e-mails this week asking what I give to my boyfriend every month when I am not in Thailand. It is not a number that I am willing to share on a public board but it is a price that both I and he are comfortable with. I want to make sure that he has enough for school, food, clothes, fun and family. For someone that y…

    • 23 replies
    • 9.4k views
  3. Started by TotallyOz,

    There have been recent discussions regarding laptop seizures and searches when returning to the USA from Thailand. This is done quite often. I read the recent court report regarding a man flying to Canada from Switzerland and was detained in NYC for several days and then sent to Syria where he says he was tortured. The court ruled that he had no standing as he was NEVER officially in the USA. Thus, for those who complain that their laptops were searched and that they are law abiding citizens of the USA, can now say that this did not happen in the USA and thus no privacy issues exist. IMHO this is just a load of horse shit. http://www.nytimes.com/2008/07/01/world…

    • 18 replies
    • 6.2k views
  4. Started by TotallyOz,

    I have always felt that the gay clubs were targeted more than the straight clubs in Pattaya. I don't think this has to do with being gay as much as it does have to do with the amount of money being moved in and out. But, the amount of press of the gay raids far outweighs the number of straight ones. I know there is NO difference in the ages, drug habits, etc of these places. You can find it all at both gay and straight. Recently in NYC, there was an uproar over the gay pride weekend. See article below. I remember back to the days when the mayor really targeted the gay places almost to the point of extinction. We were resilient back then and there are enough in …

    • 0 replies
    • 1.5k views
  5. Started by Gaybutton,

    As if Sunee Plaza hasn't had enough troubles lately, now a bizarre shooting has occurred. Fortunately, no one was seriously hurt. The following appears in PATTAYA ONE: See http://www.pattayaone.net/news_01_07_51_4.html for photos _____ Woman Shot Following Argument over Sunnee Plaza Bars In the early hours of Monday Morning, Police Lieutenant Colonel Sawai made his way to the front of the Car Park of the Yensabai Condotel in South Pattaya to investigate the aftermath of a shooting incident which injured a 23 year old woman. The injured woman was taken to the Pattaya Memorial Hospital by her brother, Khun Tanapon aged 29 who explained to Police…

    • 3 replies
    • 1.8k views
  6. The following appears in THE NATION: _____ Prices Hit 10-Year High By Petchanet Pratruangkrai The Nation Published on July 2, 2008 Inflation at 8.9% in June; Possibility of 7% Rate for the Whole Year Consumer prices hit a 10-year high of 8.9 per cent last month, heightening anticipation the monetary authorities will soon take interest rates off cruise control and shift up a gear to dampen inflation expectations. The Commerce Ministry said escalating oil prices helped push last month's inflation up to a level not seen since June 1998. With the world oil price pegged to soar to US$150 (Bt5,000) per barrel, the ministry has revised its oil-p…

    • 0 replies
    • 1.1k views
  7. The following appears in THE NATION: _____ 3 Airlines Cut Routes to Save Costs By Suchat Sritama The Nation Published on July 2, 2008 Three low-cost airlines - Nok Air, One-Two-Go and Thai AirAsia - have cut and rescheduled flights in response to record-high jet fuel prices. Effective yesterday, Nok Air cut three domestic routes - Bangkok-Chiang Rai, Bangkok-Ubon Ratchathani and Bangkok-Krabi. It is also considering reducing its 21 flights a week to Phuket. Affected travellers are being transferred to Thai Airways International and Thai AirAsia. The domestic route changes followed the cancellation of its international Bangkok-Bangalo…

    • 0 replies
    • 1.3k views
  8. Started by TotallyOz,

    The base fare is the same but the extras for fuel surcharge just went up over 260 UDS per ticket yesterday. I was looking into getting a ticket later this summer and another in the fall but could not see why the fares jumped so high when I hit Submit. I called them and they said that as of yesterday, an additional 260 would be added for each ticket for the high cost of gas. Just an FYI

    • 24 replies
    • 5.8k views
  9. Started by TotallyOz,

    Yes, I know it is bad all over. I also know the motorbikes get better millage than cars. But, the cost for filling up the bikes keep getting higher and higher. Has the cost of the airport runs changed dramatically?

    • 3 replies
    • 1.9k views
  10. Started by TotallyOz,

    Wow, this movie is simply non-stop action from beginning to end and every Thai boy I have spoken to loved it. If you have your boy special and want to see a non thinking action movie, this one is the one. It is crammed packed full of action and fun. The main actor is quite hot as well. I also noticed a new movie segment at the beginning for the King. Are these changed yearly or is it up to each theatre?

    • 2 replies
    • 1.3k views
  11. Tuesday, July 1 is a mid-year banking holiday. All main branches will be closed, but mini branches, located in places like Big-C, Lotus, etc, will be open. All ATM services should also be open. International transactions will also be closed July 1. Those of you expecting to receive funds internationally on July 1 will not receive them until Wednesday, July 2.

    • 1 reply
    • 1.5k views
  12. Started by TotallyOz,

    http://www.pattayaphotoguide.com/

    • 0 replies
    • 1.9k views
  13. Started by TotallyOz,

    If you need a way to send money to your bf when you are away, try epassporte.com. It is very easy to get a gift account and the Visa Credit Card will be in the name of the boyfriend. You can then add funds to his account whenever you want. He will be able to use the card where ever Visa is accepted. He can also use the card to get money from the ATM. I think the ATM fee is 2 USD. If you have money in your own epassporte account, it only cost .35 to send the money to him. It is all done online and very simple. You can gift the card to him. If you want the Visa Gift card in his name, it cost 35 USD to set up. You can start with as much funds as you desire and you …

    • 0 replies
    • 1.3k views
  14. Started by TotallyOz,

    Papa David's is a gay owned and operated business in Pattaya. It is located on the way to Jomptien at the circle turnaround right after Pattaya Properties. They have a wide variety of food to eat and enjoy. They have a bit of something for every taste. It is English owned and the food has a flare of the English in it but a wide variety of other things. I ate a great Chicken Plate with two pieces of chicken and 2 pieces of whole wheat toast. It tasted very good. The BF had some Thai food and he said it was good as well. When I lived in Jomptien a few years back, I ate there several times a week and always went alone and sat and was served with a smile and t…

    • 2 replies
    • 2.1k views
  15. Started by TotallyOz,

    If you get 2 VIP seats at Major, they are big and comfortable with lots of extra leg room and drink room. They also bring a blanket to you and your honey to make sure you are not too cold during the show. They are a bit more expensive than the regular seats but they are worth it. I think they cost around 250 bath each. It is a fun and romantic way to see any flick.

    • 0 replies
    • 1.5k views
  16. Started by Gaybutton,

    I was doing some web surfing this morning and happened upon a web site I think many of you will find interesting. Check it out: http://www.thailandvideos.net

    • 0 replies
    • 1.3k views
  17. Started by TotallyOz,

    Violent crime in Pattaya has gone up it seems and you read more and more about the things that happen in this illustrious city by the sea. On a recent trip there, I had dinner with a friend. He said he had just gone to the Big C and Western Union store to send some money to his family and he walked outside and was held up by gunpoint. A gun was pointed into his face and the holder was a teenager he said. While my friend is Farang and not too old to protect himself, he said with a gun aimed at you, you have little choice but to give them what they want. That was money and he emptied out his pockets for the guy. He did not go to the police and the crime was un…

    • 4 replies
    • 2.5k views
  18. http://www.mcclatchydc.com/251/story/42186.html _____ McClatchy Washington Bureau Posted on Wed, Jun. 25, 2008 U.S. Border Agents Copying Contents of Travelers' Laptops Federica Narancio | McClatchy Newspapers WASHINGTON — U.S. border agents are copying and seizing the contents of laptops, cell phones and digital cameras from U.S. and foreign travelers entering the United States, witnesses told a Senate subcommittee Wednesday. The extent of this practice is unknown despite requests to the Department of Homeland Security from the Senate Subcommittee on the Constitution and several nonprofit agencies. The department also declined to send…

    • 13 replies
    • 3.3k views
  19. Guest GoingStraight
    Started by Guest GoingStraight,

    Hi there, I'm a 29 year old UK straight acting guy in Bangkok from Sunday 29th June for four weeks. Looking for any western ex-pats to show me round (tourist/nightlife/gay scene). Sexually particularly interested in much older submissive men. Drop me a PM.

    • 4 replies
    • 1.6k views
  20. Guest yedo
    Started by Guest yedo,

    I know its a sensitive topic but I met some moneyboys here in Pattaya and they dont care about protection unless I ask them to use it. I know that we all want to be careful but are we? I know that I am. Or maybe they just dont care "Mai Pen Rai"

    • 5 replies
    • 3.1k views
  21. Started by Gaybutton,

    Wow, what a choice to have to make! As many of you know, one of my favorite restaurants is Cherry's. Recently, Cherry's moved to their new location around the corner from their previous location. We've tried it a few times already and it is just as marvelous as it was in their former location. Now, Khun Wi, the former manager of Cherry's has opened his own restaurant. Where? The former location of Cherry's on Third Road, across from the X-Zyte Disco. Geezer and I tried it last night and it was fabulous! The food is superb and the service is excellent. Khun Wi is a marvelous host and he makes sure you are well pleased. I spoke to Khun Wi and asked why he …

    • 0 replies
    • 1.3k views
  22. Started by Gaybutton,

    Is it just me, or does anyone else find all these piercings and tattoos very un-attractive? A small tattoo here and there and a pierced ear doesn't really bother me, but some of these boys have very large sets of tattoos and have everything that can be pierced, pierced. Pierced eyebrows, pierced noses, pierced tongues, pierced bellybuttons, pierced about halfway between the lower lip and chin. You name it, it's pierced. Do you find that attractive?

    • 7 replies
    • 2.9k views
  23. The following appears in THE NATION: _____ Bangkok Airways to Launch Web Check-in Service By Jirapan Boonnoon The Nation Published on June 26, 2008 To improve the quality of services and ensure a smooth ride for passengers, Bangkok Airways will launch a Web-based check-in service in July. Bangkok Airways' Information System Department vice president Ping Na Thalang said the company will provide the service to passengers who do not have any check-in baggage. Such passengers will be able to get their boarding passes without having to go to the check-in counters at the airport. He said passengers can avail the services by logging on to htt…

    • 0 replies
    • 1.5k views
  24. Guest yedo
    Started by Guest yedo,

    I have been here before searching the bars but all I could find was moneyboys. Now maybe Pattaya is not the right city but I enjoy the nightlife. I am ready for a long relationship . Im 42 and still goodlookin I think , maybe young thais only after farangs money? If anyone can suggest a place in Pattaya where its easy to find new friends without thinking about moneyboys I would appreciate it. Sorry about my poor english.

    • 23 replies
    • 9.3k views
  25. Started by TotallyOz,

    Well, unlike ChrisUK's 6 month long stay (which would be divine in my mind) I have just finished my 12 days stay. It was the shortest stay I have had here in years and of course I longed for a longer time. But, other business calls in the USA that I must attend to this week. I really only came to Thailand this time for the boyfriend's Birthday. I kept asking him what he wanted and he only said for me to come to see him for his Birthday. I tried to offer gifts in exchange for such a short trip but it did not work. I guess deep inside, he knew that I would get him a nice gift anyway and I did. I got him a watch that was a match to one of mine that he had wanted for a…

    • 5 replies
    • 2.4k views

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.