Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Gay Guides Forum

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Gay Thailand

This is the main forum for all things gay in Thailand. Post about specific events, places, activities, questions, and comments under the relevant city heading. If commenting on more than one city or other parts of Thailand, use the general comments section below. Keep the topics related to information on Thailand.

  1. Started by Gaybutton,

    The rates referred to in the article below are bank rates. The actual exchange rate is even worse. The exchange rates at closing time on Friday were: US Dollar: 32.11 Euro: 47.51 British Pound: 63.03 Australian Dollar: 29.48 Canadian Dollar: 31.5375 The following appears in THE NATION: _____ Baht Hits Another High Against US$ The baht rose relentlessly to a new historic high yesterday, reaching Bt32.30 against the greenback amid fears of a US recession and exporters' concern over the abolishment of capital controls. Published on February 23, 2008 The Bank of Thailand (BOT) said it was continuing to intervene in…

    • 2 replies
    • 2.1k views
  2. Started by TotallyOz,

    Mention homosexuality and many Thais will blame it on recent Western influences. Ask Varaporn Vichayarath what she thinks, however, and she would simply smile before providing a list of old temples with murals depicting same-sex courtship. Yes, homosexual courtship between both men and women. And yes, at temples. "Contrary to conservative beliefs, homosexuality has long existed in our society, as evidenced by these mural paintings," said Varaporn, a book editor who has researched the topic. Varaporn recently presented her findings at Thailand's first ever national conference on sexuality and sexual diversity, where she displayed photographs of murals p…

    • 0 replies
    • 1.6k views
  3. Started by Gaybutton,

    Despite the reports that all the bars will be closed this evening, today at the beach I spoke with several bar boys from the Nice Boys bar (the current name of the old K-Boys Bar). They said they will be open tonight and they are supposed to report for work at their usual time. They did not know how many bars will be open or if they will be serving liquor, but at least two bars, according to them, will be open. I don't have any idea which others will be open, but I imagine if one is open, several will be open. I'm told that Jungle Boys was open last night. If they were open last night, I would imagine they'll also be open tonight.

    • 7 replies
    • 2.4k views
  4. Started by TotallyOz,

    Thai Prime Minister Samak Sundaravej is planning to revive a controversial anti-drugs campaign which reportedly killed 2,500 people. Mr Samak, elected in December polls, promised a decisive, and quite possibly bloody campaign against drug dealers. He said he would use the same ruthless tactics as his political patron and predecessor, Thaksin Shinawatra, who was ousted in a military coup in 2006. "I will not set a target for how many people should die," said Mr Samak. "We will pursue a suppression campaign rigorously. There will be consequences." Extra-judicial killings While Mr Thaksin's 2003-2004 campaign enjoyed popular support and did, bri…

    • 0 replies
    • 1.2k views
  5. Started by Gaybutton,

    Some of you who may need embassy services today (Thursday) and tomorrow may be concerned that the US embassy may be closed due to the holiday and Thai elections. I just called the embassy and was told they will be open today and tomorrow. If you wish to confirm or otherwise have a need to call the US embassy, the number is 02-205-4000. I would imagine the embassies of other countries will also be open, but you'll have to confirm those for yourselves.

    • 0 replies
    • 1.2k views
  6. Started by Maple,

    About 11 p.m. on 12 February, a huge raid was conducted in Sunee Plaza by uniformed Banglamung Police accompanied by personnel in camouflague military uniforms. Police went door to door requiring that all staff members of each bar surrender their ID card. Bar staff were then herded off to the soi in front of the Sunee Plaza bar. Police used the picnic tables on the terrace of the Don Plaza Hotel to process the bar boys. Urine samples were collected in the Corner Bar's bathroom and tested on the spot. There were dozens of law enforcement officials who tested about 200 bar employees. One Thai man in his mid-20s was frog-marched by police to the processing station. All …

    • 25 replies
    • 9.6k views
  7. Started by TotallyOz,

    I deleted multiple posts re: Butterfly Pub as the message was posted under a screen name that was under moderation. Moderation means that a message will not be approved until a Moderator logs into the site to check the forum and approves the message. The poster could not wait for this and posted under a different screen name. That name was also put under moderation and that thread set for moderator discussion. The poster could not wait again and posted a few more times. Instead of approving the thread and allowing one of them to be live on the site, I have removed them all. The post in itself was not an issue. It was the multiple postings under different names. Ha…

  8. The following appears in the PATTAYA CITY NEWS: _____ 2 Day Bar Closure This Weekend Due to Senate Elections and Religious Holiday On Tuesday Morning at Pattaya City Hall a seminar for election workers took place in preparation for the first two days of voting for the Senate or Upper House Elections. On 23rd of this month those who reside in Pattaya but are registered in another province will be able to vote in this first phase of voting. Unfortunately, this will mean that bars and other late night entertainment venues will have to close from 6pm on 22nd until Midnight on 23rd. This election also coincides with Maka Bouscha Day on 21st February when bars…

    • 3 replies
    • 2.4k views
  9. The US dollar to baht exchange rate opened at 32.33 today. The exchange rate has held at approximately the same level for about a week now. The following appears in the BANGKOK POST: _____ Lee Kuan Yew: US Recession Won't Hurt Asia Singapore (dpa) - Buoyed by bustling growth in China and India, Asia will not be "unduly disadvantaged" if a recession hits the United States, said Singapore's Minister Mentor Lee Kuan Yew Sunday night. "I believe this may be the first time where the US economy catches a flu and we are not going to catch influenza - I hope," the city-state's founding prime minister said at a Singapore Airshow leadership dialogue. The…

    • 2 replies
    • 1.7k views
  10. Guest elephantspike2
    Started by Guest elephantspike2,

    Hi guys, just FYI, I contacted my webhost about the site not coming in today. This is the response: Thanks for hanging in there.

    • 3 replies
    • 2.1k views
  11. Started by Gaybutton,

    I don't know whether it is a problem with the board software or a problem with my computer, but for the past few days I cannot access any PMs that have been sent to me. When I try, all I get is the "Send Message" box. If you have sent me a PM within the past week I can't get to it to read it. Please send your message to my email address instead: gaybutton@gmail.com If this is happening to anyone else, please let us know.

    • 0 replies
    • 1.2k views
  12. Started by Gaybutton,

    One of the bars many miss in Sunee Plaza is the old Memories Bar. From what I understand the previous owners are buying out the Filou Bar and will reopen at that location. I understand it will be the same format as the old bar, including the popular food menu. It will be a few months down the road before they reopen. From what I have been told, the goal is to open by some time in May.

    • 2 replies
    • 1.6k views
  13. Guest boymelonlee
    Started by Guest boymelonlee,

    We met just now in the Beijing Captail Airport and we wait the TAXI in the line, we smiled for each other and I heared you talked to another guy that you were from Thai. You waved to me and I can not stop the car. If you can see this message, pls contact me using email as below: boymelonlee@163.com Thanks.

    • 0 replies
    • 1.1k views
  14. Started by TotallyOz,

    I brought my IPhone to Thailand and it works fine for me. But, now the boyfriend wants one. I tried to explain to him that many if not most of the features won't work here. I just assume this is correct. Is there a legit version of this in Thailand? Has anyone used one here on a Thai network? I have been using mine only for important calls to USA as the rates are not cheap. I also made sure I turned off my mail as that is data and I had a friend that had over 1k in charges when he was in Asia. I have seen the Iphones in the IT places in Thailand so I know an unblocked version is available. I am curious if anyone has a legit one that is of use in Thailand…

    • 5 replies
    • 2.7k views
  15. Guest Thaiquila
    Started by Guest Thaiquila,

    This might be for you. Saw it on the Pattaya Expats website... Pattaya Players Community Theater

    • 3 replies
    • 2k views
  16. Started by TotallyOz,

    I didn't realize it was such a big day but all the guys I know were really into it and had dates and the bars were not crowded at all. There were many I talked to who had plans late with their significant other. I didn't know this was such a Thai holiday but the boyfriend said it was a big day here. Have others seen this? I saw tons of red and lots of roses last night.

    • 4 replies
    • 2k views
  17. Started by TotallyOz,

    I just saw the new movie Rambo in the States and it was filed mostly in Thailand. I saw a few places I had seen before and the snake farm outside of Chiang Mai is there as well. The movie really did show the violence against the Burmese people and was VERY graphic. I am not sure an American audience will get the point behind the filming (other than to make money). But, I did see a few interviews with Stallone and he was hoping the film will raise awareness of the plight of the Burmese people. The first opening scene was of the monks marching and deaths last year. The credits are mostly Thai as well.

    • 6 replies
    • 3.2k views
  18. Guest wowpow
    Started by Guest wowpow,

    from www.StickyRice.ws SAWASDEE AND WELCOME TO OUR RESIDENCE! our residence ... In our “Residence” within the “Phoenix golf area” in “Hua Yai” we do have 6 beautiful and luxurious decorated studio apartments. The “Phoenix Golf Club” is in the south of Pattaya. The Phoenix area is considered as one of the best living areas in Pattaya. Reasons are the idyllic landscape close to the sea with its good air and a balmy breeze situated only a “stone’s throw” to Pattaya. The surrounding invites for a round of golf, jogging or leisure walk. To the beach or the next village it is only a few driving minutes and to the heart of Pattaya only around 20 minutes. Y…

    • 0 replies
    • 2.2k views
  19. Guest wowpow
    Started by Guest wowpow,

    I think that the ban will probably work but as a back-up plan I am thinking of arranging a team of Volunteer No Smoking Police. OK so my Volunteer Fashion Police was not a wild success other than in Bangkok Silom Soi 2. I am gathering suggestions for uniforms, helmets and water pistol design - to put out offending burning objects. Should we travel by motorcy sidesaddle? Perhaps a Fag-mobile? I think an Emergency hotline to report incidences 1Cpouff? Fines of 20,000 baht per establishment and 2000 baht per smoker are enshrined in the law. I am considering alternatives as so many farangs are wealthy. I thought a revival of the Chastity Belt might be a deterrent. F…

    • 12 replies
    • 4.9k views
  20. Started by TotallyOz,

    I have been to this event in the past and had a wonderful time. I sat at a long table full of funny men and sexy guys. Anyone making plans to attend this year?

    • 0 replies
    • 1.2k views
  21. Started by TotallyOz,

    The first event of 2008 will take place on Feb. 25th in a Street Party Fashion. Attached is the flyer for the event. For those of you in Pattaya, I hope you enjoy!

    • 0 replies
    • 1.1k views
  22. Guest YardenUK
    Started by Guest YardenUK,

    This is very strange coming at a time when the media is claiming more Britons die in thailand than anywhere else in the world. But this apparent motiveless attack does seem bizarre (no smoke without fire or just wrong person in the wrong place at the right time?). has there been any coverage of this in Thailand? C&P Victim, 49, survives major surgery, kept under police guard after unexplained attack Feb 14, 2008 TheStar.com Michele Henry Crime Reporter A Mississauga physicist is recovering in hospital in northern Thailand after being shot, apparently randomly, while riding with his wife in a taxicab. Erik Griffioen, 49, the fourth Cana…

    • 1 reply
    • 1.3k views
  23. Guest travelerjim
    Started by Guest travelerjim,

    NEW PG Weekly Report for February 12, 2008 now available... NEW PG Weekly Report FOR THE 7 DAYS ENDING FEBRUARY 12th 2008 http://www.pgreport.com/index.shtml (select February 12th and click to read) PATTAYA NEWS & FORTHCOMING EVENTS Glen's "Birthday Bash" at Throb/Splash Oscars Events: Quiz Night and a Valentine's Affair Crystal Boys Anniversary Party - 14th Feb Valentine's Night 14th February at Sansuk Valentine's Party at Bar La Cage 14th February Throb/Splash Valentine's Day Party Report - Chinese New Year Party at Bar LaCage Bar La Cage - Diary for February Terrace at Soi Jomtien Complex expands OZZ Cafe/Bar opens TERRA…

    • 0 replies
    • 1.1k views
  24. Started by Gaybutton,

    The following appears in the PATTAYA CITY NEWS: _____ Dusit Resort Changes its Name A function was held on Thursday morning at the site of the old Dusit Resort and Hotel at the north end of Pattaya beach to officially announce the changing of the name of the long-running establishment to the Dusit Thani hotel. The name changing ceremony was attended by Pattaya Mayor Khun Niran and his senior advisor Khun Itipon as well as Khun Chartchuwan, the general manager of the Dusit Thani and his senior management. The re-branding of the resort and hotel is to put it in line with the famous Dusit Thani hotel in Bangkok which is owned by the same company.

    • 1 reply
    • 2.2k views
  25. Thursday, February 21 is an important Buddhist holiday, Makha Bucha Day. All banks, government offices, and probably many local businesses will be closed. I have not yet heard whether the bars will be open that day.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.