Gay Thailand
This is the main forum for all things gay in Thailand. Post about specific events, places, activities, questions, and comments under the relevant city heading. If commenting on more than one city or other parts of Thailand, use the general comments section below. Keep the topics related to information on Thailand.
Subforums
11,067 topics in this forum
-
The following appears in the BANGKOK POST: _____ Karen Liberation Leader Assassinated in Tak A leader of Burma's biggest ethnic armed groups has been killed at his home in the border town of Mae Sot, in Tak province. Mahn Sha Lar Phan, secretary-general of the Karen National Union (KNU), was reported shot dead at about 4:30pm on Thursday at his two-storey wooden home by two men who had arrived in a pick-up truck. Kim Suay, his wife, told Reuters news agency: "One of them walked up to the house and said in Karen 'How are you, uncle?' Then the other man joined him after parking the truck and they both shot him with two pistols." The killing was im…
-
- 0 replies
- 1.1k views
-
-
I appreciate the owner replying Hi ..... Thanks for your email. Unfortunately, like so many other people you have heard wrong & malicious information. To answer your question of more affordable meals the evening service will remain the same possibly with the cutting out of the service charge and leaving tipping to customer discretion. We want to introduce a cheaper set menu in the early part of the evening, we're thinking from 5pm to 7pm and a bit later we'd like to introduce a Sunday lunch or brunch which will be cheaper than the current evening meals. Regarding our general manager who has now left, Tom was instrumental, along with Dave and myself, the owners, i…
-
Last night a couple friends and I tried Romanasia, a fairly new restaurant that has been open only for six months. I had read about it on a few restaurant reviews and we decided to give it a try. This is a restaurant you'll have to experience to believe. When you walk in, you cross a small footbridge over a pool and walk into an ambiance such as I have never seen. You're going to either think it's magnificent or you're going to think it's kitschy. We thought it was magnificent. There is seating for only 32 customers, so make sure you have reservations. When we arrived, there was a 'reserved' sign on every table. We were cordially greeted by the staff and l…
-
I have had a very hard time on this trip recovering from Jet Lag. For some reason I have not been able to adjust. I will normally take a sleeping pill at night but nothing seems to work. I have yet to make it through one night of sleep. Any suggestions or tricks anyone knows?
-
I am wondering if the go-card track on the road between Tesco-Lotus and Jomtien Beach is still open? Had some fun time there with bf and small groups of guys, but the last trip down the road it looked like it might get wiped out by a construction project. Anyone know??
-
This may be a misprint. I don't know. Until today all the publicity I've seen states that the ban will begin on February 17, however the following article in today's PATTAYA CITY NEWS states that the ban will begin on Monday, February 11: _____ Smoking Ban in Bars and Other Entertainment Venues from 11th February On Thursday Morning at Pattaya City Hall, Khun Niran, the Mayor of Pattaya along with his Senior Adviser, Khun Itipon chaired a meeting of Entertainment Venue Managers and Owners from around Pattaya to discuss new legislation which is about to come into force and previous legislation which City Hall must enforce. The main issue discussed in th…
-
I have deleted a thread that began with "That's what I wrote to a guy I naively thought he was a friend of mine" Before another brouhaha starts with regard to me and the other moderators of this board being trigger happy about deleting threads, this particular post was in flagrant violation of the posting rules. I understand this person posted the same message on other boards and the thread has been deleted on at least one other board. My apologies to those who had posted responses, but the board software provides no means of deleting the first post without deleting the responses along with it. Once again, this board is not the place for people to fight th…
-
Here is the email sent: Rumors abound. Is it true the former manager has been replaced? The direction the owners want to take the place is more affordable meals? They felt the place was too gay friendly and some of the owners friends were not comfortable with male waiters and rich gay customers? I believe those of us that have supported Manhattans from the beginning deserve to know if these rumors are true. Please email me or call me. Thank you. I supplied my phone number and email address in response to an email about Valentine Dinner. "For reservations call 038 259790 or email sman@manhattans-pattaya.com Regards, David Bowers…
-
- 0 replies
- 1.3k views
-
-
From Bangkok Post: The baht could reach 31 to the dollar this week if the 30% capital controls are cancelled, according to local bankers. On Friday, Prime Minister Samak Sundaravej said the government could scrap the 30% capital controls as early as this week. The previous day, Finance Minister Surapong Suebwonglee was more guarded in his words, saying only that he would meet with the Bank of Thailand to review the existing controls and discuss possible alternatives. The capital controls were first implemented in December 2006 to help stem speculative inflows and ease pressure on the baht to appreciate. The central bank has since largely eased the control…
-
- 0 replies
- 1.6k views
-
-
Please see the article in today's PATTAYA MAIL for details: http://www.pattayamail.com/current/news.shtml#hd1
-
- 2 replies
- 1.7k views
-
-
America Embassy Visits March 7,21,28 Phuket, Pattaya, KKaen From the American Embassy... as reported by the Pattaya City Expats Club... American Embassy Consuler visit to Pattaya http://www.pattayacityexpatsclub.com/modul...le&sid=1096 News you can use - News, Tips & TricksAmerican Citizen Warden Message from the American Citizen Services Section We have several announcements from the American Citizens Services Section regarding upcoming consular outreaches, new passport fees and parental signature requirements and U.S. voting announcements 1. Upcoming consular service outreaches -- The Consular Section of the American Embassy in Bang…
-
I have been unable to personally verify this information, but today I received a message from a highly reliable source, who prefers to remain anonymous. He has provided much information over the years and thus far has never been incorrect. So, for what it's worth, here's the message: _____ The manager of Manhattans restaurant has been fired. The owners want to take the restaurant in another direction which doesn't include (name of manager), but may include more female staff and aiming their product at a lower class, straighter market.
-
I have to say I am more impressed with the shows than I have been in the past and that is pretty much true for all the places. They seem to be doing more than a quick fuck show and candles. Jupiter 2002 had a great show with new stuff that I had never seen. A nice violin concerto with a guy in a outfit that blew up to reveal his hard cock also playing to the music. They also had a nice ladyboy scene where the lady was vaulted into the air for a song. Several other hot numbers and a big dick contest. Now, I personally do not like the sex shows. I had much rather participate than watch something. But, just about every single bar on the soi was having a show. I went in…
-
Yesterday I was at Pattaya's main bus terminal on North Road. While I was there I got the schedule for the buses that run from Pattaya to Suvarnabhumi Airport. The buses run at the following times: 6:00 AM 9:00 AM 11:00 AM 1:00 PM 3:00 PM 5:00 PM 10:00 PM The fare is 150 baht. At some point I'll try to get the schedules from the airport to Pattaya. I have no idea why they don't include schedules conducive to so many international departures and arrivals that occur between 11:00 PM and 6:00 AM, but there it is. If the schedule won't help you, then you'll have to go by taxi (800 baht, including tolls to the airport. From the airport runs 14…
-
- 2 replies
- 1.7k views
-
-
The following appears in the BANGKOK POST: _____ Americans in Bangkok Hold Little Super Tuesday Americans eager to select candidates for their next president trooped to the polls on Tuesday morning - in Thailand. About 1,500 US expats were likely to vote at early primary polls in Thailand today. Because of the time difference, they will be voting 12 hours or more ahead of their compatriots in the United States. In Bangkok, the Democrat Party poll was set up at a Starbucks outlet. There are other polls in Chiang Mai, Nong Khai and Udon Thani for members of the Democrat Party, most of whom will be choosing between Hillary Clinton or Barack Obama as the…
-
- 6 replies
- 2.4k views
-
-
A NEW PG Weekly Report for February 5, 2008 is now available: http://www.pgreport.com/index.shtml (select February 5th and click to read) Compilation of each Weekly Report commences on Wednesdays - as the "Current Compilation" - and is accessible for the upcoming whole week, and updating will be progressive as material is received. At the end of each week - late Tuesday evenings - the "Current Compilation" will be archived as "The Latest FULL WEEKLY REPORT", and the next Weekly Report commenced. These two options appear at the top of the "Choose One" list above. PATTAYA NEWS & FORTHCOMING EVENTS Calling all thespians . . . Gl…
-
According to the article, these umbrellas will be going to Jomtien Beach. Technically, the gay beach area is in Dongtan Beach, so it remains to be seen whether the concessions in the gay beach area will receive any of them, but here's the article from PATTAYA CITY NEWS: _____ 540 Beach Umbrellas Presented to City Hall by Group of Local Business Operators On Tuesday Morning at Pattaya City Hall, Khun Wootipon, the Director of the Permanent Secretary’s Office welcomed a group of local business owners from the Alcazar Show Theatre, the Bali Hai Plaza, Nordic Hill Village, SP Village and the Permsub Taweegas Service Station who presented 540 Beach Umbrellas which…
-
- 0 replies
- 1.2k views
-
-
For the past few months the weather in Pattaya has been beautiful. Cooler temperatures, nice breezes, low humidity, and hardly a drop of rain. That's the trouble. Two years ago, during the summer dry season nearly all of Pattaya was hit by severe water shortages when the reservoir finally went dry. For months, the only way to get water was to buy it from the water trucks. If you lived in a house with no water tank, then you had no water at all. At my home, my usual water bill runs about 100 baht per month. During those dry months it was necessary to have the trucks refill my water tank at least two to three times per week. The cost of one refill was 150 baht. …
-
- 9 replies
- 3.2k views
-
-
Does anyone have information on viewing the Super Bowl (NY Giants vs. New England Patriots) on this upcoming Monday morning? I believe the game begins on at 6:00 AM Pattaya Time. What's going on in the local bar/restaurant scene regarding opportunities for viewing the Super Bowl early this coming Monday morning??? It would be cool to go to a Super Bowl breakfast party. I would even be willing to host one for a few people if I know on which channel the game will air.
-
- 4 replies
- 2.3k views
-
-
Starting Feb 1st Penang will issue visas only to those that are in possession of an international ticket with departure from Thailand to another international destination (not malayasia or Vietnam or the like). This is aimed to prevent long term stays in thailand. Most likely all emabssies will follow along behind with these new restrictions. reported by thaivisa.com
-
Last night, around midnight, the Banglamung Police staged the latest raid on Sunee Plaza. IDs and ages of the boys were checked and bar licensing papers were checked. Several under-age boys were carted off to wherever they end up going and several bars were shut down. I wasn't there when the raid occurred, but I was there this evening. Every bar was open and running normally and there were just as many under-age boys working in the bars I visited as ever. Some of the bars that were forcibly closed were shut down not because of under-age boys, but because of improper licensing. That is not necessarily the fault of the bars. The licensing requirements are so …
-
A NEW PG Weekly Report for January 29, 2008 is now available: http://www.pgreport.com/index.shtml (select January 29 and click to read) With effect from January 1st 2008, compilation of each Weekly Report commences on Wednesdays - the "Current Compilation" - and is accessible for the upcoming whole week, and updating will be progressive as material is received. At the end of the week - late Tuesday evenings - the "Current Compilation" will be archived as "The Latest FULL WEEKLY REPORT", and the next Weekly Report commenced. These two options appear at the top of the "Choose One" list above. PG Weekly Report for January 29th: Full Report... PAT…
-
"Visibility at night a problem, say pilots AMORNRAT MAHITTHIROOK - Bangkok Post One-third of the lightbulbs at Suvarnabhumi airport are not working, causing visibility problems at night, and Airports of Thailand (AoT) has sought special procurement approval to improve lighting on the taxiways. AoT president Chana U-sathaporn said the airport is speeding up a process to acquire almost 2,000 more lightbulbs, which are expected to reach it as soon as next month. He said the problem occurred before he took office and is related to the procurement, which is monopolised by one company. An amendment would be introduced to allow AoT to choose from other companies, …
-
Today I was helping a friend obtain the documents necessary in order to obtain the retirement visa. One of our stops was his bank, to get the letter required by immigration. He was asked if he is going to apply for the visa with use of the proof-of-income statement from the embassy. The answer was yes. The next question was whether he already has the statement. The answer was he is going to the embassy to get it next week. He was then told that he needs to get the letter after obtaining the proof-of-income statement. That's because Immigration will not accept the letter from the bank if it is more than one week old. I did not know that before. I did not kno…
-
As many of you know, beginning Sunday, February 17, the smoking ban in any enclosed venue will go into effect. I have been reading comments on the various boards, some of which say that if they are in a bar, once the ban goes into effect, and they see someone smoking, they intend to complain to the management, walk out without paying, call the police, etc. I have no idea whether all the bars will comply with the ban. I hope they do, and I'm a smoker. I intend to comply with the ban and I have no problem at all about stepping outside if I feel the need to smoke. As a matter of fact, I can see that as a way of getting rid of a pushy mama-san or unwanted boy. Just …