Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Gay Guides Forum

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Gay Thailand

This is the main forum for all things gay in Thailand. Post about specific events, places, activities, questions, and comments under the relevant city heading. If commenting on more than one city or other parts of Thailand, use the general comments section below. Keep the topics related to information on Thailand.

  1. Guest travelerjim
    Started by Guest travelerjim,

    NEW PG Weekly Report for November 27, 2007 now available A NEW PG Weekly Report for November 27, 2007 is now available: http://www.pgreport.com/index.shtml (select November 27 and click to read) We mourn the loss of colleague and co-editor Brian "Boxer" Wigley PATTAYA NEWS & FORTHCOMING EVENTS. . Teddy Bear News - Outrageous Bear-napping Update on the Teddy Bear Appeal Le Cafe Royale - What's on in December ! Quiz Night at Oscars December 11th Thais4Life monthly get together postponed PGF Diary: Summary of Party Pattaya 2007 PGF Jomtien Beach Party 29th November PGF Charity Dinner at Brunos 30th November PGF Mr PGF at Boyz …

    • 0 replies
    • 1.5k views
  2. Started by Gaybutton,

    Many of you are familiar with the Bamboo Bar in Jomtien, almost next door to the 7-Eleven at the entrance to the Dongtan Beach parking area. This evening was their 9th anniversary celebration. They hosted a roast pig, along with a chicken bbq, salads, fruits, and significantly discounted drink prices. The food was free to all comers, and there was plenty for all. The bar was packed with both customers and cute boys. The evening was a lot of fun for all. Bamboo Bar is a host bar and a great place to stop in for a drink and relaxation with cute boys on your way to or coming from the beach. If you have never been there, give it a try.

    • 0 replies
    • 1.5k views
  3. Guest troyboy6
    Started by Guest troyboy6,

    Hi, Iam planning to travel to Myanamar about end of next Feb so would be please to hear from anyones experiences who has travelled there before (and no, I do not want to hear about the political situation etc, dangers blah blah). I have about 2 weeks so want to cover as much as possible doing the usual touristy things, but also check out the local talent! I realise that the scene is entirely different to Thailand and am not expecting anything like, but would appreciate any info on gay friendly accommodation - not interested in upmarket - but also not on a tight budget - bars contacts etc. I had the thought of getting a local guide so if anyone has any info on that. …

    • 1 reply
    • 2k views
  4. Guest wowpow
    Started by Guest wowpow,

    Many friends and family attended to pay their last respects to Brian "Boxer" Wigley at Wat Chai temple Pattaya. The Buddhist ceremony is very charming and the baroque temples, bright sunshine, Palm trees, twittering of the birds and the mass of floral tributes it seemed an very fitting way to say goodbye. I took a few photos so that those unable to attend could get a glimpse of the event. There had been prayer services the day previous and this morning. The cremation is shown. Those attending receive a paper flower and go up the stairs to the coffin where you pay your last respects and place the flower beneath the coffin. The family throw small coins and sweets down …

    • 3 replies
    • 2.4k views
  5. Guest wowpow
    Started by Guest wowpow,

    Thailand May Lift Capital Controls, RBS Report Says (Update1) By Yumi Teso Nov. 26 (Bloomberg) -- Thailand's central bank may lift its capital controls after national elections on Dec. 23, a move that may boost the currency by about 16 percent next year, Royal Bank of Scotland Plc said in a report. The Bank of Thailand imposed restrictions in December on foreign investment to curb currency gains, causing the baht to trade at a higher exchange rate overseas than in Thailand. Elections will help revive consumer confidence that has dropped to a five-year low following a military coup in September 2006. ``When they imposed the controls, there was a little bit o…

  6. Started by TotallyOz,

    I saw this today and wondered if those of you in Thailand have considered it. It is the new Amazon.com gadget that allows you to download just about all their books for under 10 USD plus subscriptions to newspapers, etc. It looks like it would be a great way to get the newest books and take to the beach for a read. http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000FI73M...;pf_rd_i=507846

    • 4 replies
    • 2.6k views
  7. Guest gwmlikesgam
    Started by Guest gwmlikesgam,

    Hi all, Is there anywhere to get "thai phrases" when talking with a "boy" for offing? i.e. what they are interested in or willing/not willing to do when with a farang. Thanks

    • 3 replies
    • 2.6k views
  8. Guest kcrandy
    Started by Guest kcrandy,

    I am from the USA. I am thinking about coming to Thailand. I am a 47 year old gay. How is the gay life in Phuket? Many gays or not? Is there alot of english spoken or not? Do you know what type of jobs would be availbale for english speaking only? Are there english speaking jobs at super nice resorts? What kind of salary would I expect? What is the cost of living like? Is money transferred into Thai banks guaranteed? Do Thai banks pay good interest? Thanks you so much, Randy

    • 5 replies
    • 4k views
  9. Started by Gaybutton,

    Monday, December 24 will be a bank holiday throughout Thailand, due to the elections. If you need to take care of any banking transactions in time for Christmas, make sure you do them prior to December 24. ATM's will be working, though. The following appears in THE NATION: ____ December 24 Bank Holiday The Bank of Thailand Thursday announced that December 24 will be a special holiday for banks and financial institutions. Earlier, the Cabinet announced that December 24 would be an extra holiday for civil servants and state enterprise employees. The BOT reasoned that December 24 would be a bank holiday to encourage people to return to their ho…

    • 4 replies
    • 2.1k views
  10. Guest Cedric
    Started by Guest Cedric,

    What oh what has now befallen Spikes? I thought he was in Thailand, looks like he forgot to use my generous anonymous donation to pay the bills before he left, or has he used it to buy a condo for the Boy special? While I'm here isn't Ultan a sharp shooter.

    • 8 replies
    • 3.4k views
  11. Guest wowpow
    Started by Guest wowpow,

    jeepholt on www.thaivisa.com I just received this notice in the Pattaya City Expats Club Newsletter - Oct. 21 to Oct 28, 2007: -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- QUOTE NEW VISA RULES CHANGES - Pattaya Immigration bureau has introduced the following rules regarding one year Visa’s and extensions of Visa’s. Applicants for one year retirement visas must now show and make copies of the back and front of any currently valid ATM or credit card issued in their name. The copies must be signed by the applicant. It does not matter whether the card was issued in Thailand or overseas. This is intended as a …

    • 19 replies
    • 5.5k views
  12. Started by Gaybutton,

    This year's Loy Kratong holiday will be celebrated on Saturday, November 24 in Pattaya. One of the nicer ways to spend the evening is at your favorite beach concession. Many will be hosting Loy Kratong parties. For some of us, Rit's Beach is a favorite. This year he will be hosting another one of his wonderful BBQs, with his usual huge assortment of foods and salads that please both western and Thai palates, along with the roast pig. He'll have all the beach chairs and tables set out and it's plenty of fun with plenty of boys showing up, many in totally outrageous costumes. It all begins at 8:00 PM. The price is 380 baht per person. Advance reservations are hi…

    • 3 replies
    • 2.1k views
  13. Started by Gaybutton,

    I have been informed there are still a few seats available at each seating for the Thanksgiving dinner at the Amor Restaurant in Pattayaland. Richard Burk does a wonderful job with the dinner and I, along with several friends, have our Thanksgiving dinner there every year. We wouldn't even think of having it anywhere else. Thanksgiving is tomorrow. If you are interested, click on the following link to see the menu and contact information if you wish to reserve any seats. There are still one or two seats left at my table and you are welcome to join us if you wish. http://www.amorrestaurant.com/thanksgiving.html

    • 4 replies
    • 2.8k views
  14. Guest Martelly
    Started by Guest Martelly,

    On the weekly report it says that Brian of boxertravels has passed away today. He was a man that did a great deal for the Thailand gay community with his fantastic web site. He will be very much missed. Rest in Peace Brian

    • 14 replies
    • 4.5k views
  15. Started by TotallyOz,

    I love parties. I love hosting parties and planning them. I love to have a lot of guys over to my home and just hang out and have a good time. When I was in Thailand I did this often and I always had a good time. My recent experience in New York really makes me realize the differences between a party in each place. First, the expense of having a party in NYC is infinitely more expensive. The cost of just the flowers is more than I spent on the flowers and all the food in Thailand. The cost of the wine was more than I spent on wine, whisky, beer and all other beverages. What I could do in Thailand for 100 people, I don’t think I would be able to so the same for i…

    • 22 replies
    • 9.4k views
  16. Started by Gaybutton,

    The following appears in the PATTAYA MAIL http://www.pattayamail.com/current/news.shtml#hd1 __________ Immigration Announces New Requirements for Retirement Visas Sawittree Namwiwatsuk The Immigration authorities have issued new requirements for foreigners wishing to apply for a retirement visa, including the need to have an ATM card and a credit card. Pol Lt. Samruay Saman, deputy inspector at Pattaya Immigration announced the new rules on November 12. Applicants using visa application form TM 7 have to enclose their passport, a 4 x 6 cm photograph, 1,900 baht fee, proof of income (certificate of bank deposit and bank book savings account,…

    • 0 replies
    • 2.1k views
  17. Guest wowpow
    Started by Guest wowpow,

    Ting Tong's Gay Thailand - Filthy* Photos competition (Feelthyness not essential but welcomed) HOW TO ENTER THE US$250 CHARITY COMPETITION! Simply post a photo in this thread thats related to Gay Thailand.. It must be accompanied by a story or a caption or a joke.Its as simple as that. http://www.gaytingtong.com/topic2109.html Please give generously: "As before we have decided to open a charity pot and will accept any donations from you kind members. We will then vote on which charity you wish the funds raised to go to at a later date. (Probably January) We will start the Charity pot off with $100" Oogleman ====================…

    • 0 replies
    • 10.6k views
  18. Started by TotallyOz,

    I love the bidets by the toilets in Thailand and have always wondered why this is not the norm in the USA. I love them. So, with my new place, I added one to the bathrooms. They are a hit. I love them and my guests do as well. http://www.amazon.com/Mini-Shower-Hand-Hel...7775&sr=8-3

    • 10 replies
    • 4.6k views
  19. Started by Gaybutton,

    Last night I went to the new Tai Boyz Boyz bar, in Pattayaland Soi 1. Those who have been coming to Pattaya long enough probably remember the old Tai Boyz Boyz bar on the same soi. Louis, the Thai owner, eventually closed that bar and opened a new bar directly across the street in the location of a bar called City Boys. He changed the name of the bar to Gacuya. Some time ago, Louis closed Gacuya. Now he has opened a brand new bar and the name is back to Tai Boyz Boyz. I have always really like Louis. He's a very nice guy and he treats the boys working for him quite well. The boys who work for him always seem to like him and consider him to be very "jai dee…

    • 18 replies
    • 6.2k views
  20. Guest travelerjim
    Started by Guest travelerjim,

    The NEW PG Weekly Report for November 20, 2007 is now on-line: http://www.pgreport.com/index.shtml (select November 20th date and click to read) FOR THE 7 DAYS ENDING NOVEMBER 20th 2007 Click link below to go to that item or scroll down for full report To view this report in another language go to babelfish.altavista.com http://babelfish.altavista.com/babelfish/tr . (enter the URL for this page, as it appears on your browser, and select the language) PATTAYA NEWS & FORTHCOMING EVENTS. . . Teddy Bear News Panorama Pub Teddy Bear Sale report Le Cafe Royale 17th Anniversary Party Report PGF Diary: Party Pattaya 2007 Osca…

    • 0 replies
    • 1.3k views
  21. Started by Gaybutton,

    For those of you who enjoyed the now closed Clubber's restaurant in Sunee Plaza, your disappointment is over. Eric has opened his new bistro restaurant at none other than Sammy's at the Marina Inn Plaza Hotel, also in Sunee Plaza. It's at the Po Pot end of Sunee Plaza, almost next door to the Jim Jimmy James bar. The name of the restaurant will remain "Sammy's," but Eric is there and he's the boss. It shows! He is continuing his wonderful Saturday meatloaf special and his Tuesday Coq au Vin special, at 180 baht per person. It's an incredible price and a fabulous bargain. Eight of us ate at Sammy's tonight and all of us were commenting that the food is even bett…

    • 6 replies
    • 3.1k views
  22. Started by PattayaMale,

    I know that Eric is no longer managing the properties. Does anyone know if they will have new management? When I walked by tonight I noticed that the restaurant was closed but the Clubber bar was open.

    • 15 replies
    • 4.7k views
  23. Guest JBee
    Started by Guest JBee,

    News articles from around the world are focused on Thailand and Pattaya on a consistent basis. Recent events had done nothing to change the image that Pattaya is a pedophile haven. It is obvious to anything that the entire structure of Pattaya is in support of this disease. The message boards allow for the promotion of the bars that hire the boys. One poster after another talks about Sunee Plaza and all the great bars in the Plaza. Few talk about how every bar in the area has underage boys working there. Not one exception. Having spent 15 plus years in Thailand and been to every bar there, there is not one bar at one time or another that doesn’t hire and sell un…

    • 19 replies
    • 5.4k views
  24. Guest buckeroo2
    Started by Guest buckeroo2,

    The last I read on this forum, the need for a stamp from the Thai Foreign Ministry in order to renew a Thai retirement visa was cancelled. Has anyone renewed or applied for a new Thai retirement visa recently that can confirm this stamp is no longer required? I am coming to Thialnd in a few weeks and I would like to come straight to Pattaya unless I need this stamp in which case I will layover in BKK to tale care of this matter. Thanks guys.

    • 4 replies
    • 2.2k views
  25. Started by Gaybutton,

    This evening I dropped by the new Guys Bar in Soi Day-Night. Many of you remember Lek's bar, which has been closed for a couple of years already. Now it's open again, still adjoining the Day-Night Hotel, and now under the name Guys Bar. It is virtually identical to the way it was when it was Lek's Bar. There were ten go-go boys on stage while I was there. The restroom is absolutely spotless, one of the nicest and cleanest I have encountered in any gay bar in Pattaya. The music volume was loud, but not uncomfortably so. Drink prices are 120 baht each. I didn't ask about "off" fees, but it's probably 250 baht.

    • 0 replies
    • 1.5k views

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.