Gay Thailand
This is the main forum for all things gay in Thailand. Post about specific events, places, activities, questions, and comments under the relevant city heading. If commenting on more than one city or other parts of Thailand, use the general comments section below. Keep the topics related to information on Thailand.
Subforums
11,067 topics in this forum
-
Not much can bring the life of the noisy, traffic-clogged heart of Bangkok to a halt. But on Wednesday the streets were hushed, the cars and buses banished. All you could hear were speakers playing the royal anthem, and thousands of flags fluttering in the breeze, held by people of all ages. Most were dressed in yellow and had waited for hours for a glimpse of a stiff and stern-faced old man passing in a motorcade, on his way to the gilded halls and temples of Bangkok's Grand Palace. And as it passed they shouted "Song Phra Charoen", "Long Live Your Majesty". Some had tears in their eyes. What explains this extraordinary bond between people and mo…
-
- 0 replies
- 1.4k views
-
-
Early and unofficial results show the Palang Prachachon (People Power) party loyal to Thaksin Shinawatra has won an outright parliamentary majority in Sunday's election. The PPP has taken 220 of the 400 seats in constituency voting, and has won 35 of the 80 party-list seats. If those results are confirmed in official vote-counting Sunday night and Monday, the People Power party would easily capture more than the 241 seats needed to form a government itself - with no need of a coalition. Observers cautioned there are several roadblocks ahead, even after final vote-counting is confirmed. For one thing, there are dozens of challenges alleging vote fraud, many …
-
Besides the usual mundane and familiar "parties" in the go-go bars, what's happening in Pattaya for the new year? I know that Bali Hai Pier will be having a huge celebration -- anyone have more information about that or other choices in town? Also, I am seeking out a non-pretentious dining experience that isn't too costly -- but decent food. I can't handle another year of Amor or the like... All suggestions appreciated. (TR) The Rose
-
I see this week another new bar has opened named Vassa or Vazza, its in the small soi leading from soi one to soi two, I think it used to be a internet cafe. I do not know if its a go-go bar but if it is it will be very small.
-
Election warning from the US Embassy Thailand will hold national elections on December 23, 2007. Thai authorities have announced additional security measures will be in place in Bangkok and popular tourist destinations throughout the election and New Year periods. During this time, demonstrations are possible anywhere in the country. Americans should remain vigilant, exercise caution and should avoid large gatherings and other public areas where demonstrations could take place. Searches of vehicles and people may cause delays. On New Year's Eve 2006, a series of explosions in Bangkok killed three people and injured more than 30 others, incl…
-
Dear All, A friend of mine has urgently requested supplies of what I understand to be a rare blood type "A Negative" for a dear friend who is in surgery in a Bangkok hospital. I have no further details but you can call Mark Johnson on Thailand 0861 328800 if you or anyone you know may have such a blood type and are willing to be a donor. PLEASE DO NOT REPLY TO ME. My apologies if this is an impersonal mailing but I understand this to be an emergency. Kindest Regards, Ear Wig
-
Pattaya People Pink TV starts in January and also Gay Radio Starting in January there will be 2 X 30 minute slots of pro grammes dedicated to the gay community in Pattaya on Pattaya People channel 6 Sophon. Will also be on the radio every day. Showing the entertainment complexes in Pattaya for the gay community and also good places to eat and drink. Will talk about up and coming events and all the latest of whats going on around the town.
-
I am looking for DSL options here in Pattaya. Initially I had DSL from TOT which I found lacking so I switched to DSL service from TT & T which is worse - my latest speed test gave me a reading of 19 KBPS - less than haf of dial up - After 2 days of calls back and forth TT & T got me up and running at acceptable speeds - now 2 days later I am back to a crawl. I paid for 1 yr in advance and that contract will expire in about 3 weeks. What are my other options? any recommendations ?- I live in Center Condo in Pattaya Tai if that has any bearing.
-
(Double posted on here and Ting Tong as each board has unique readers) In my week being back in Thailand, the biggest impact on me has been the unexpected and different behavior of my BF. My last stay in Thailand, we lived together for over three months in great bliss and harmony. I have never lived so well with anyone. During my time away, nothing in my daily phone conversations with the BF have made me think there were any changes to him. However, our time together so far has seemed to require a major adjustment for him. I feel like an intrusion into his life, and I can't help but feel some resentment and sulleness there that I never saw in him before. On seve…
-
Will be back in Bangkok just for Christmas Eve , is there anything special for christmas I should be aware of ? Anyone around for a drink ? Have a great day
-
-
NEW PG Weekly Report for December 18, 2007 now available FOR THE 7 DAYS ENDING DECEMBER 18TH 2007 http://www.pgreport.com/index.shtml (select December 18 and click to read) PATTAYA NEWS & FORTHCOMING EVENTS. Update on the Teddy Bear Appeal Oscar - The Thais4Life Teddy Bear Le Cafe Royale - What's on in December ! Report - Panorama's 8th Birthday Celebrations Oscars Festive Season Events Gallery Opium Exhibition Invitation - Dec. 22nd Amor Restaurant Xmas and New Year Dinners Sansuk Christmas Eve Festivities and Banquet Cake, Cheese and Pie Party at Oscars - December 28th Panorama New Year Draw Thais4Life - Jing Jai Orphana…
-
I haven't been in there yet and haven't spoken to anyone about the goings on yet, but last night I passed by and Happy bar is open again. I'll try to stop in within the next several days.
-
For those of you that use Skype to contact your BF or BoySpecial, Skype is always a good alternative to land lines. It has good rates, although they have increased since Paypal bought the service. They have a new WiFi phone that is out. You can use it anyplace that has WiFi to connect to your skype account. It is also 110-220 for those that travel you can use it in most places. I bought one last week and have used it many times and the quality is nice. It is easy to use and quite enjoyable. If you live in Thailand and have family in USA, you can get a one year unlimited calls to USA for reasonable price and talk for free. I have put the link for this below. …
-
I am not sure how the end of the heading got mangled into incomprehensibility but it has and I cannot change it. The General Election is on Sunday 23rd December which will be a public holiday - as is 24th December ( yes Christmas Eve! ) to allow people to travel back from their homes where they have to go to vote ( Shades of Mary and Joseph having to go to Bethlehem ). ATMs will be working. If you need to cash any travel checks, do it in plenty of time. Presumably the banks at the airports will be open. IF - yes it's a BIG IF - things go as usual - bars will close at midnight on Saturday 22nd and probably re-open after the polls, mid evening 8 - 9 p.m. on …
-
- 10 replies
- 3k views
-
-
Hi Guys Seems like lots of sensible good advice on this site, so can anyone please tell me where to get a guy or guys that just want a simple business hour with a farang, being myself, who on a regular basis, just requires a massage and a hand job, then they leave. No lovin, no small talk, no dinner, no expensive boy bar drinks, no Bar fine, no companionship, just keep it simple is all I require. My place or theirs day or night. Any advice would be appreciated as I dont have the time or the urge to troll around bars or do the massage routine at the gay beach during the day. Once i got a few contacts it will all be easy from there on. I imaging there is cr…
-
Greetings. I will be visiting Pattaya again 29 December - 6 Jan. In the past I have always stayed at Mike Hotel (above the Mike Department Store and connected to Mike Massage and Mike Pool Hall) on 2nd Rd. A Gay Travel Agent from California recommended it and I have always been pretty happy. A superior room with King bed is 1200 bht/night. I checked out a few web sites for guest houses and other area hotels. The Marina Hotel web talks about all renovated rooms. A similar room to Mike is only 900 bht. Some reviews of Marina that I have seen do not give it great marks for comfort etc, but these reviews have generally been from 2004-2005. Anyone experienced it lately? Are th…
-
- 4 replies
- 2.3k views
-
-
Can someone give me directions to the Villa Market? I googled and read grand opening articles but can find no map. A friend told me that he passes California Fitness at Major Complex when he goes to Villa Market. Now he is out of town so I cannot follow-up. But for a reference - how about directions to Villa Market as they relate to California Fitness as that's a place I know how to get to. Thanks, guys
-
- 1 reply
- 1.6k views
-
-
Today I went to Pattaya Immigration to get my retirement visa. I entered Thailand this past week-end with only a 30 day visa but I had no trouble getting a retirement visa after applying for a Non- Immigration "O" visa and retirement visa together - 3900 baht total. Now some of the particulars - they accepted my 1 yr old US Embassy notarized income letter but they kept it. I asked if I could have the original back and they replied in the negative and told me they now need the original on file with the appication and also an original would be needed for the annual renewal. They said this was a new regulation and that I could get more originals at the same time from the US …
-
- 9 replies
- 3.1k views
-
-
The Jomtien Gay Community has decided to move the Jomtien International Party to 17 December. We learned late yesterday that the Thai Government has imposed a blanket Alcohol Ban on 14 & 15 Dcember due to Pre-election. These dates are put aside for people going back to their province in advance to vote for the General Election. We have confirmed with Pattaya Police and Pattaya City Hall that no bars/restaurants/hotels will be serving alcohol. Hence we do not want to have a party where people cannot have a drink or two and and have decided to postpone the party to MONDAY 17 DECEMBER 2007. We have confirmed with all the acts, restaurants and boys for t…
-
On December the 29th at Villa Rouge there will be a Mr Villa Rouge Rear of Year competion. There will be a door charge of 150 baht, which will include the first free drink. Kicks of at 10pm, with shows from the all New Topman Chippendale Show. Get there early for a good seat.
-
- 4 replies
- 4.2k views
-
-
NEW PG Weekly Report for December 11, 2007 now available NEW PG Weekly Report for December 11, 2007 online: http://www.pgreport.com/index.shtml (select December 11 and click to read) FOR THE 7 DAYS ENDING DECEMBER 11TH 2007 Click link below to go to that item or scroll down for full report PATTAYA NEWS & FORTHCOMING EVENTS. . !!STOP PRESS!! The Balcony Claims Teddy Bear Prize!! Update on the Teddy Bear Appeal Le Cafe Royale - What's on in December ! Jomtien International Street Party - December 14th Oscars Festive Season Events Grand Variety Show at Oscars December 18th Special Amulet Competition at Oscar's December 18th Sa…
-
As many of you know, the major Thai governmental election will be held on Sunday, December 23. If you are interested in how the whole thing works, or at least is supposed to work, you might want to read the following from the PATTAYA DAILY NEWS: http://www.pattayadailynews.com/showfeatur...reID=0000000634
-
A new sign has gone up over the soi from Toyboys, Scandic massage and pub. No information on when it opens is yet available.
-
I can not seem to utilize the search button for past messages, so here is my question. My bf and I will be in Pattaya in January. Usually we stay in Howard's but at the moment they are booked. Is there anybody out there with recent info on decent guest houses in Sunee or other areas besides Boystown. I prefer to pay less then 1000 baht per day tax, etc. inclusive. And before the ignorant people who have never been in Thailand respond, my bf is 24 years old and I have been coming to Thailand for many years so I request legitimate answers and not flamers. Thanks....zz