Gay Thailand
This is the main forum for all things gay in Thailand. Post about specific events, places, activities, questions, and comments under the relevant city heading. If commenting on more than one city or other parts of Thailand, use the general comments section below. Keep the topics related to information on Thailand.
Subforums
11,067 topics in this forum
-
I post many restaurant recommendations. This time I'm asking for one. I'd like to know some of your opinions as to where to get the best fish and chips in Pattaya.
-
When I go to the website I get: When I click on the "Why am I seeing this website" I get and e-mail to someone with "Inquiring about the domain sawatdee-gay-thailand.com, with status: Expired" in the subject box. I hope Spike paid the bill. Also hoping that it's just a blip.
-
The following appears in THE NATION: _____ Police Tracked Canadian from Pattaya to Korat Published on October 21, 2007 It took just eight days from the time wanted Canadian and alleged paedophile Christopher Paul Neil entered the country to his being detained by police. He was found hiding at a Nakhon Ratchasima address with a Thai friend. France-based Interpol seized more than 200 pictures posted online of the suspect sexually abusing boys in Asia, including in Cambodia and Vietnam. His face had been digitally blurred using a swirl. Experts in Germany reconstructed images of his face and released them in a worldwide appeal earlier this month. …
-
- 2 replies
- 1.9k views
-
-
In this week's PATTAYA MAIL, the Dining Out & Entertainment section has an article about the Elephant Bar ( see http://www.pattayamail.com/current/dining.shtml ). Today a friend and I tried it for lunch and we thought it was every bit as good as the Pattaya Mail article describes. The service was prompt and polite, without being overbearing at all. The food came quickly and arrived piping hot and cooked perfectly. We were even served at the same time. My friend tried the sweet and sour pork. I tried the Steak & Kidney pudding (I love British food!). Both of us really enjoyed it and the Pattaya Mail article wasn't kidding about the large portions a…
-
- 0 replies
- 1.4k views
-
-
Last Updated: Friday, 19 October 2007, 11:24 GMT 12:24 UK Thais arrest paedophile suspect Police believe Mr Neil abused at least 12 youngsters A Canadian paedophile suspect who was the subject of a global manhunt has been arrested in Thailand. Police tracked down 32-year-old teacher Christopher Paul Neil in north-east Thailand. They suspect him of appearing in 200 online images of child abuse. Mr Neil, who faces 20 years in jail if convicted, was brought to a news briefing, but did not answer questions. Interpol had appealed for help after experts unscrambled digitally-distorted photos of the suspect. The international police agenc…
-
-
If you are someone who likes to "eat street," then over the next several days, during the Vegetarian Festival, I strongly urge you to read the following story that appears in the PATTAYA MAIL: http://www.pattayamail.com/current/news.shtml#hd4
-
- 0 replies
- 1.4k views
-
-
Last night (18 October) BK Magazine held its Reader’s Choice Awards ‘07 – an annual event in which readers of the magazine vote for their favourite venues in Bangkok. Amongst a long, star-studded list of venues and awards, such as: ‘Favorite hotel for Dining & Wining … winner ~ The Oriental’ and ‘Favorite Spa … winner ~ Devarana Spa at Dusit Thani’; in the Nightlife Section was: ‘Favorite Gay Hangout … Winner ~ The Balcony!!! We are deeply honoured by this prestigious award from the readers of the magazine and trust that you too, as regular guests of The Balcony, will feel equally as proud as we are. It is a tribute to you for being part of the atm…
-
I met a taxi driver today whose boss owns a gay bar for Thais. He is going to take me on a tour of the gay street scene in Bangkok. Don't worry, I plan on picking up no one. But, I am very interested to see what is out there. Any specific locations anyone can suggest? Thanks.
-
- 38 replies
- 77.8k views
-
-
Yesterday I spent the night in Bangkok. For those of you familiar with them, you already know that the Pinnacle Hotel and the Malaysia Hotel are on the same street. Whenever I have stayed in that area, the Lumphini Park area, I have always stayed at the Pinnacle. This time, for the first time, I decided to give the Malaysia Hotel a try. If you look at the photo of the hotel room on the Malaysia Hotel web site, that's an accurate photo. They could have made that photo in the room I had. What they don't show is the bathroom, which does have a bathtub and shower and hot and cold running water both in the shower and the bathroom sink. The Pinnacle has both room…
-
- 41 replies
- 11.6k views
-
-
Will be spending a few days in Chiang Rai soon - any recommendations for gay hotels or gay friendly ones?
-
This information is second-hand. I was not in Sunee Plaza last night, but when I heard about this I contacted a friend who was there and my information is coming from him: Last night all the Sunee Plaza go-go bars closed down, except for two of them. The reason, I am told, is because a tip-off came in about another raid about to occur. From what I understand, when the bars were tipped-off they quickly closed because the last time there was a raid the police drug tested all the boys. Any boys who tested positive caused the bar in which they worked to be forcibly closed down. For reasons that go beyond me, apparently the powers-that-be are holding the bars r…
-
- 4 replies
- 2.5k views
-
-
Pattaya City News New Sea Rescue Towers around Pattaya approved by City Hall. Following on from a recent City hall meeting which rejected plans for rescue towers to be located in strategic locations around Pattaya, Khun Sitipap chaired a further meeting to discuss revised plans and 4 new locations for the towers which have now been approved. The plan is to have two main control centers located at the Bali Hai Port and on Larn Island with four sea rescue towers which will be located in Soi 6/1 on the Sukumvit Road, opposite Soi 5 on Jomtien Beach and opposite Soi Chayapreuk on Jomtien Beach and near the old pier located near the entrance to Walking Street i…
-
Heya I'm staying here when I come over in Dec, in a Excutive Deluxe Room (it wasn't too much more to upgrade to the junior suites, but as it is just me I don't quite see the point of having two bathrooms!) Anyone had any pleasant or horrible or average experiences there? What's the pool roof like, and are there many guy tourists staying there?
-
The NEW PG Weekly Report for October 16th is now available: http://www.pgreport.com/index.shtml (select date of October 16th and click to read) FOR THE 7 DAYS ENDING OCTOBER 16th 2007 To view this report in another language: CLICK HERE to go to babelfish.altavista.com http://babelfish.altavista.com/babelfish/tr and enter the URL for this page, as it appears on your browser, and select the language. PATTAYA NEWS & FORTHCOMING EVENTS. . . Teddy Bear Appeal for Orphanages announced by Oscars PGF Diary: Party Pattaya 2007 Sunee Plaza & Soi Day Night news Liam's Gallery - Invitation to contemporary erotic art exhibition…
-
Butterfly Karaoke Dance Club re opens on Monday 22nd October. Hours are from 9 p.m. until very, very late. New Boys, new owner but very cosy as before. On the opening night there will be a free buffet, special drink prices.
-
How to get a foreign man: new guide for Thai women/men http://www.reuters.com/article/lifestyleMo...mp;pageNumber=1 By Rosalind Russell BANGKOK (Reuters Life!) - He may be old, flabby, and far from handsome, but a Western husband can bring a lifetime of happiness, according to a new book advising Thai women on how to meet and marry foreign men. "Foreign Boyfriend, Foreign Husband", with chapters written by Thai women already married to "farang", or foreigners, sells a Cinderella-style dream to young Thai women hoping for a passport to a better life. The book is packed with tips on dating, kissing, sexual positions, weddings, living abroad and brin…
-
In the USA, there is a TV show called 20/20 on ABC. It is a documentary show with various topics each week. This week, the show was on children working at young ages. There was a 9 year-old preacher, 15 year old actress, an 11 year old Matador, and several 8 year old Muay Thai boxers. All in all, the thought behind the show was how young is too young for a child to work. The segment on the boxers in Thailand was extremely interesting to watch. It showed how the parents were using the kids to bring in money for the family. It was interesting to see the slant on the Muay Thai boxers was on the parents pushing the children into the ring but the same slant was not appl…
-
Have been in BKK for 1 week and have visited several go-go bars here. First was my fav, Dream Boys. Entrance fee of 270baht included one drink and was well worth the price. The show is at 10:30 and is new since my last visit (March 2007). The show featured fashion, comedy, big dick's and sex. I really enjoyed it. They have a LOT of boy's in their stable. Next night I started out at Dream Boys, used the "hidden" staircase to go downstairs to Bangkok Boy's, so I don't know if there was an entrance fee or not. I just bought a drink, ordered my boy, who sat next to me for the show. The show started with singing & dancing, then some fashion show, then some comedy, …
-
-
Thai King Bhumibol Adulyadej is in hospital after feeling weak in his right side, the royal palace has said. The 79-year-old king was taken to Bangkok's Siriraj hospital on Saturday morning, where scans revealed an inadequate blood supply to his brain. The condition improved after treatment but requires further observation. King Bhumibol, the world's longest reigning current monarch, is greatly revered in Thailand and his health is a subject of great national concern. A statement from the Bureau of the Royal Household said scans had revealed "a minimal cerebral ischemia" on the left side of the king's brain, meaning that part of his brain was not receivin…
-
- 0 replies
- 1.6k views
-
-
The Pattaya International Magic Festival will take place from October 17 to 21 at the Big-C on Second Road, from 11:00 Am to 9:00 PM. Admission is free. There will also be magic shows taking place at the Alankarn theater. Admission at the Alankarn isn't free. Click the links below for details, times, and prices. http://www.pattayamail.com/current/news.shtml#hd14 http://www.pattayamagicfestival2007.com
-
- 2 replies
- 1.8k views
-
-
This one definitely makes it onto the list of the top 20 most moronic crimes I've ever heard of. It's almost too stupid to be believable, but there it is. See http://www.pattayadailynews.com/shownews.p...NEWS=0000004009 for photos. _____ The following appears in the PATTAYA DAILY NEWS: _____ FOREIGNER STABS CAR SALESMAN AND STEALS BMW A German university student, armed with a knife, allegedly, attacked a car salesman and stole the car that he was test driving. He threw the staff member out of the car and drove off in the stolen BMW. He tried to sell the car, but ended up getting caught. On 10 October 2007, at 11 AM, Banglamung Superintendent P…
-
- 0 replies
- 1.4k views
-
-
The subject of cruising spots hasn't been discussed here for some time. In Pattaya, certainly the beach is a prime cruising spot, along with the Sansuk Sauna, Walking Street, Beach Road (especially if you are looking for lady boys), and the Beach Road entrance to Royal Garden. In Bangkok, the places I know include the Babylon Sauna, the Robinson's Department Store entrances at Silom, just outside of the Malaysia Hotel, and Saranrom Park ( see: http://www.gaythailand.com/forums/index.ph...amp;hl=saranrom and http://www.gaythailand.com/forums/index.ph...amp;hl=saranrom ). I am wondering if anyone knows of other cruising spots in Thailand that are usually good.
-
There is a very nice video of the 2006 Gay Pride parade in Bangkok on YouTube. It's 9 and a half minutes long. The URL for it is:
-
- 0 replies
- 2.5k views
-