paulsf

Bangkok. 2/10 - 4/5

. He is a straight, so I wanted to talk for a couple minutes to make sure I would have some fun. 

I have a feeling this boy is going to be financially comfortable for the next couple of months. Probably the 2nd best off I have had in my 7 years of Thailand trips.

No a first time that straight boy performed better than one could expect.

I'm glad you confirmed what I also noticed. I preach theory  that lost of them are trying harder because they know they need to.

Congratulations from me as well.

Sounds awesome. A friend of mine from US had a fantastic time (for a whole weekend) with a Cambodian boy from Fresh Boys last year and will in fact meet him again in April on his next BKK visit. That boy was/is gay though. If I remember correctly he was number 27. 

Don't know what your policy regarding names/numbers is, but care to share the number of your lucky prize? 

Fresh Boys has a great selection of boys right now. Someone for everybody. I think he is a keeper for this week, so maybe I will share his number next week.

Vinapu, I agree with your theory. I also think business is a bit slow right now and prices are going up so they know they need to keep the customer happy. I am a sucker for a guy that smiles. This boy didn't stop. When I first saw him dancing on stage, he was smiling throughout. Won me over. Versus the two guys that just sat next to me uninvited and asking for drinks.

Can't imagine why you care.  What they ask has nothing to with anything (different every day) and you can be sure it is likely higher then you will pay under any circumstances!

By the way that is not a criticism but you have made it pretty clear you pay the low end of what is acceptable.

Nothing wrong with that but I fail to see why you would care what anyone else pays. I can tell you just by reading his posts over the last years he is probably generous.

That was not my point. Rather that Christian has spent quite a few years living  in Thailand and he knows the acceptable rates . He has always made it plain that he tips at the low end of acceptable tips.

Thus why ask what a boy wanted or what someone else paid . It's not a massage parlor where everyone knows the rates and the acceptable tips. 

In a Bar the boy may have just finished a week off where he made a Big Tip , does not like the look of the customer and this quotes a high price.  Same Boy might not have had an off for a week and the rent is due and the customer is young and so he may quote a different price.

Yes you need to know what most consider the minimum tip to be in a particular city but asking what someone else might have paid usually will not provide you with any useful info.

Vinapu for example in most cases tips on the High End. Good for him but that has nothing to do with what you could offer the boy.

Some try to get it as low as possible even if under the accepted norms.  Again I am not interested in that info because I don't want to grind the boy.

There have been thousands of posts here about what the acceptable minimum tips are. Once you are armed with that information, it is between you and the Boy.

The situations I mention that weren't to good...boys basically just lay there emotional less . I had to do most of the work.

I read about how many guys set prices or boys ask for an amount. I have never had this discussion in advance. I just invite boy home and pay up at the end. Never had boy ask for more. I do usually pay at least 1500. But I do pay 2000 if I have a great time. Usually also pay for taxi, 100. I have been quite lucky in my off's . I've never been flat ripped off. Some sessions aren't as good as others. Every boy is different and I'm just not the type to blow a gasket when it doesn't go 100% my way.

Interestingly though, because I am sitting at Hot Male so often, I see the boys I have been with. Many times a boy will stop and say hi. Sometimes they will ask if we can get together again. Both the boys I have talked about were off's from Bangkok Boys. Both have talked to me and I told them that I didn't have a good time. Both appoligized and have offered to do better if we go again. Won't happen, but it's still nice that they stop by and and say hi.

The situations I mention that weren't to good...boys basically just lay there emotional less . I had to do most of the work.

I read about how many guys set prices or boys ask for an amount. I have never had this discussion in advance. I just invite boy home and pay up at the end. Never had boy ask for more. I do usually pay at least 1500. But I do pay 2000 if I have a great time. Usually also pay for taxi, 100. I have been quite lucky in my off's . I've never been flat ripped off. Some sessions aren't as good as others. Every boy is different and I'm just not the type to blow a gasket when it doesn't go 100% my way.

Interestingly though, because I am sitting at Hot Male so often, I see the boys I have been with. Many times a boy will stop and say hi. Sometimes they will ask if we can get together again. Both the boys I have talked about were off's from Bangkok Boys. Both have talked to me and I told them that I didn't have a good time. Both appoligized and have offered to do better if we go again. Won't happen, but it's still nice that they stop by and and say hi.

+1

Both have talked to me and I told them that I didn't have a good time. Both appologized and have offered to do better if we go again.

second time in as many days we have similar experience to share in respect of boys behavior.

I noticed too then when I frankly told boy what I did not like last time / not right away  but after some time / not only they offer improvement but given  a chance,  they deliver.

Most rewarding is a case of one of my semi regulars after being told that I did not like him leaving too soon last  time ,  now  is not even making motions of departure until   given clear hint to benefit of both of us since I have a man and man gets a more cash. And it seems boy telegraph spreaded news to his friends from bar since I noticed big improvement to time management discipline / one remains to be broken, failed twice already but there are exceptions I guess /.

Since heat generating subject of tips resurfaced and my name was mentioned  I can say that opposite to paulsf I always ask boy how much he expects.

From those who answered / up to you seems to be still most popular option / for short time I had requests from 1000 to 3000  and for long time from 2000 to 5000.

Actually paid for short time  / rare for me like snow in Florida almost/ 1000 - 2000, once even 2500, for long time 2500 or 3000, once 3500. If this is on high end side only comment I can make is that I recall fondly  those overpaid  2500 and 3500 meetings and rather forget  all three 1000 ones   in last few years.

Hi firecat, the question asked by Christian was to paulsf, not you, why you care so much? It is up to paulsf to answer or not. It doesn't matter if it is high or low as Christian will consider by himself anyway, no matter what his spending preference is. Take it easy .

It's a forum. If someone wants to ask a single person a question he can send a PM. If it's in the thread anyone is likely to answer. I'm really unsure what is supposed to have been offensive in Firecat's post. Blunt... Maybe... Offensive... Hardly.

I went by Soi Twilight last night. Quite busy for middle of the week. Stopped by Hot Male to talk to a friend. They had two new Vietnamese boys working. One was a really cute 20 year old. I think twink lovers would be quite happy. Packing nicely down there also, great smile.

Thank you, paulsf, for your reply.

Regarding second chances, I do give second chances. If a boy performs mediocre on first encounter, but I see potential, I might take him again. (Have no statistic analysis over performance on second encounter.)

That was not my point. Rather that Christian has spent quite a few years living  in Thailand and he knows the acceptable rates . He has always made it plain that he tips at the low end of acceptable tips.

It has been a while (2014?) that I took a boy out of a bar in Soi Twilight. Given the recently raised drink prices, I have to check if the maximum I'm prepared to pay (1500 Baht) is still in the range of expected tip.

Christian you of all people should know that what a boy asks for and is willing to accept changes by the day. If the rent is due and he is broke he will accept less. If he just came off with 10,000 baht  from a customer over a few days then the price he quotes is likely to be different. If the customer is 80 years old vs. 25 the price may be different.

If it is 1am then different then 9pm.  I venture to say prices have not changed on Soi Twilight in many years . 1500 is ST and 2000 for LT. Mamasans will try to tell you more but they want a cut from the boy.  NEVER DEAL with MAMASANS which I'm sure you know.  

What Paulsf may have paid has nothing to do with what you will pay.  Let's face it offing a boy for ST on Soi Twilight will cost at least 3000 baht.  1500 for Boy 760 for 2 drinks (or more) ,500 for off fee and a few tips. 

The chances that you will pay that based on your own posts and blog is slim, which is why of course it has been 2 years since you have.

That is not a criticism because I will no longer pay that amount and that is assuming you found a Boy in the first Bar you entered.

That is why the Bars on Soi Twilight are full of Asians.  There is no doubt that you would not spend that amount on 1 boy nor will I any longer.   

That is why the Apps have become so popular and the reason many look for locations in BKK other then Soi Twilight or cities other then BKK.

Also all that taken into account the question you asked should have been in a PM.

If it is 1am then different then 9pm.  I venture to say prices have not changed on Soi Twilight in many years . 1500 is ST and 2000 for LT. Mamasans will try to tell you more but they want a cut from the boy.  NEVER DEAL with MAMASANS which I'm sure you know. 

Good advice.   Ideally, never even speak to the Mamasans, other than the minimum required to be courteous when you arrive in the bar.   If they try to engage in a conversation, send them away.   Remember why you are in the bar & it's not for a Mamasan conversation.

As for prices, of course the Mamasans are going to quote inflated prices.  

They're operating on Soi Twilight, where a good proportion of the customers have no idea what the going rate is and some probably don't care too much. 

As for whether or not we pay Soi Twilight prices, well if I have just arrived on an expensive long haul flight, I'm also budgeting to spend extra on the first couple of nights of the trip in Bangkok.  That's affordable.

After about 3 days, I'll be moving on and the daily holiday spend drops once I've left Bangkok.

Regarding mamasans in Bangkok, I don't remember them being so numerous and irritating during my visits in the late 90s. Of course, memory plays tricks- Thailand was, to me, a paradise then- but my impression is that their role has increased at the same time as the number of punters has declined.    

I recall very well that before my first trip to LOS back in 2001 I was warned about pesky mamasans from quite a few sources. 

But on my first visit in my first ever bar in BKK i found mamasan being very helpfull.

He instantly recognized me as newbie, explained process , picked a boy for me and send us off . Without his guidance I 'd probably chicken out and left empty handed.  Ever since somehow I tolerate mamasans