numazu

Bangkok/Pattaya June-July 2016 Trip Report: To Butterfly or not to Butterfly

Numazu, I have to agree that your post are very entertaining.  Don't tell Vinapu that I am 2 timing him by enjoying both of your posts on these forums.   :goodjob:

Vinapu is right here. I enjoy numazu posts  immensely , better written,  more entertaining and much more personal than my dry productions.

We can only hope than more members will chip in with their reports as those are keeping forum vibrant and worth returning to every day, 

We shower again together and laugh about the experience. I ask him why he told me he was a bottom, he said he liked me a lot (yeah right)......... 

.....Same salute from guard shack, same ignore from security at lobby. No sign of weirdness that I am taking two boys now, different from the one I just took in an hour ago. ..........

Small talk with KB. I love his voice. I admire his face. A lot of sweetness in this kid that I didn’t have time to get to know tonight. ....

do not discount  what boy said, sure they like our money but it doesn't mean they loose an interest once paid.

Yes they just may like us, quite a few times I noticed that boy even if paid is in no rush to leave and kind of anxious to linger a bit longer - good opportunity to steal some kisses.

Security guards saw it all and even more plus probably they are trained not to blink an eye.

You don't need to answer as it's nobody's business but I'm curious like hell, why you did not keep such a gem till morning ?

Guest Reddragyn

Wow! What a great night and a great report. Felt like I was there (and wish I had been!)  :spiteful:  Great work... keep it up. In all ways :)

No   I meant your latest post stopped at a very Hot Place in the story. heHe

I hate chopping up the posts, but there was so many things that happened that I could not make a super long post. It builds up the suspense though :)

Numazu, I have to agree that your post are very entertaining.  Don't tell Vinapu that I am 2 timing him by enjoying both of your posts on these forums.   :goodjob:

Haha I'm sure you have enough love for the both of us :).

Vinapu is right here. I enjoy numazu posts  immensely , better written,  more entertaining and much more personal than my dry productions.

We can only hope than more members will chip in with their reports as those are keeping forum vibrant and worth returning to every day, 

vinapu your last trip report inspired me to frequent your mono diet bar, Tawan. To great success :). Thanks!

do not discount  what boy said, sure they like our money but it doesn't mean they loose an interest once paid.

Yes they just may like us, quite a few times I noticed that boy even if paid is in no rush to leave and kind of anxious to linger a bit longer - good opportunity to steal some kisses.

That has happened to me numerous times. Sometimes to late afternoon I often wondered if they were wanting to stay a second night.

Security guards saw it all and even more plus probably they are trained not to blink an eye.

Not sure it would be the same with a hotel, especially with the parade of boys I did this night. I don't think the condo security even takes ID. Maybe they assume everyone with a key card is a resident and the rooms don't have occupancy limits.

You don't need to answer as it's nobody's business but I'm curious like hell, why you did not keep such a gem till morning ?

I am starting slow. This is my first boy threesome in Thailand, I was not ready for a threesome long time situation. Well, let me say I wasn't ready tonight :). Besides, I was looking forward to cuddling with CB all night.

Not sure it would be the same with a hotel, especially with the parade of boys I did this night. I don't think the condo security even takes ID. Maybe they assume everyone with a key card is a resident and the rooms don't have occupancy limits.

you can't compare a condo to a hotel. There is no such thing as "security" that would police visitors of residents (unless visitors come unaccompanied to visit a resident and request access to te premises). There are no hotel-like operations, these are private homes of people, and as such everyone can do with and in their rooms what they want, including bringing as many people as they wish, none of the condo's or security's business whatsoever. Since you were a resident, as evidenced by possession of the key card, all this applies to you as well. That the AirBnB thing makes it somewhat hotel-like is a private thing between the owner and you, and again outside the scope of the condo and their security.

A condo is a condo, a hotel is a hotel, and a serviced apartment is somewhere in between, though closer to a hotel than a condo. Serviced apartment can be a neat alternative to a hotel if you want the home-away-from-home thing but with the amenities of hotel service (i.e. maid and such)

I have to admit that when I open the board on my laptop, I look first to see if numazu has posted a new installment.  While completely different, this form of impatient waiting on my part must be somewhat similar to those who waited for a new chapter from Dickens or an new Sherlock Holmes mystery.  

Don't worry , they would be amazed perhaps but certainly not to create any problems.

I had my fun at Raya with multiple visitors in the begining of Jun , at times they look at me with amazement but never with contempt. 

1. I wake up with him in my arms, feeling happy and alive. I wonder if it was possible. This happens to me a lot in Thailand.

2.I use google maps to look for a good breakfast place......

3. there is one thing that is unnegotiable: I never send a boy any money when I am back home in California.

4. He told me he lost 40,000 baht while he was in Walking Street, and needed money “for eat”. 

1. you not only one with that feeling, this is reason I prefer long times over short time styrofoam.

2. I understand using google maps to find breakfast place although being old timer I still use my eyes but how do you know it's good one ? 

3. Very smart, I'm all for generosity for boys but for something in return. If they get money just for asking we have point 4. 

4. If that's true,  I don't want to sound cruel but he deserved to go hungry for a while to get his brain in the balance. But being you I'd think ' nice try" with such a story, he still deserved to go hungry for lying.

waiting for more , you are master of suspense? Was Hitchcock your ancestor?

Sure, that he had 40,000 baht in cash and lost it sounds quite unlikely, but if true, I think he should be forgiven for not having a bank account. Even if he's familiar with the concept (a big if in itself, many people in Cambodia don't have bank accounts to this day!), opening a bank account in Thailand as a Cambodian who supposedly has neither a long-term visa nor a work permit isn't really that easy. He's not exactly the kind of customer a Thai bank is eager to woo.

Guest abang1961

Isn't it funny that here in Singapore, each child "automatically" gets a new bank account from the time he/she is born. As a Chinese, I received cash (in red envelopes) during festive seasons.  All these monies went straight to the bank.

I did not get to touch it until I was in college.  The minimum age to have a debit card is 14 year old. I remembered that for years my daily withdrawal limit was SGD 100.  Only when I reached 40, it was raised to SGD 500 (about THB 12500), a request from the bank and not from me!

As foreigner. I had a Malaysian account but not a Thai one.  There isn't a Thai bank smart enough to coerce Singaporeans to deposit some cash with them.  My Malaysian account allows me to withdraw cash from Malaysia with a token MYR 5 (THB 50) admin fee.  The catch is to maintain a minimum of SGD 500 monthly - that's really not much.

you can't compare a condo to a hotel. There is no such thing as "security" that would police visitors of residents (unless visitors come unaccompanied to visit a resident and request access to te premises). There are no hotel-like operations, these are private homes of people, and as such everyone can do with and in their rooms what they want, including bringing as many people as they wish, none of the condo's or security's business whatsoever. Since you were a resident, as evidenced by possession of the key card, all this applies to you as well. That the AirBnB thing makes it somewhat hotel-like is a private thing between the owner and you, and again outside the scope of the condo and their security.

A condo is a condo, a hotel is a hotel, and a serviced apartment is somewhere in between, though closer to a hotel than a condo. Serviced apartment can be a neat alternative to a hotel if you want the home-away-from-home thing but with the amenities of hotel service (i.e. maid and such)

True, there is no one there obligated to actually check on the boy you take home. You get treated like any other resident with key card access. I've been reading some stuff online about guests abusing this privilege, having big noisy parties or inviting many friends to use the pool or gym. I'm sure my modest threesomes pale in comparison to those people :).

Don't worry , they would be amazed perhaps but certainly not to create any problems.

I had my fun at Raya with multiple visitors in the begining of Jun , at times they look at me with amazement but never with contempt. 

I feel I can do this at the Crowne Plaza but never tried more than one boy. Though over Songkran I've had 5-6 friends go with me to our room to hang out and not have problems. I don't know why they would have a problem if I brought the same number of working boys.

1. you not only one with that feeling, this is reason I prefer long times over short time styrofoam.

2. I understand using google maps to find breakfast place although being old timer I still use my eyes but how do you know it's good one ? 

3. Very smart, I'm all for generosity for boys but for something in return. If they get money just for asking we have point 4. 

4. If that's true,  I don't want to sound cruel but he deserved to go hungry for a while to get his brain in the balance. But being you I'd think ' nice try" with such a story, he still deserved to go hungry for lying.

waiting for more , you are master of suspense? Was Hitchcock your ancestor?

I have been so used to google maps and trip advisor (and yelp, where available) when on travel (and I do a lot of it), its like second nature to me now. Its obviously limiting me to those establishments preferred by tourists (at least outside the U.S.), but its a godsend for when a place is unfamiliar.

I am not a Hitchcock descendant, though like him, I love blondes, at least when back home.

Sure, that he had 40,000 baht in cash and lost it sounds quite unlikely, but if true, I think he should be forgiven for not having a bank account. Even if he's familiar with the concept (a big if in itself, many people in Cambodia don't have bank accounts to this day!), opening a bank account in Thailand as a Cambodian who supposedly has neither a long-term visa nor a work permit isn't really that easy. He's not exactly the kind of customer a Thai bank is eager to woo.

I've often wondered about this. If you are Cambodian or Burmese or Lao and want to open a bank account in Thailand, what are your options? What if the boy doesn't send money home and just want to save? I want to help CB save him money but don't know how in Thailand. I thought if you were part of ASEAN it would be easier than if I was going to open a bank account, but maybe not.

I believe the 40K lost story...

on my second last visit one of my farang friends had a Khmer boy to stay overnight and the Khmer boy asked him if he could put his money in his safe before a morlam concert. The boy deposited 26,000B in the safe... his takings from 2 weeks in Pattaya during his university holidays.

Numazu:

Love the trip report... wish I was able to write in such an immersive manner... Really appreciate the feeling or almost being there!

I am curious - you are still quite young, but I never hear you mention going to discos or clubs (except for the 1 visit to DJ station earlier)

On this current trip your Condo at Centric Sea was only 200M from NAB and 400M from Tumnan Issan... yet you never visited either (so far!) in this report

Is there any particular reason why you have never been to either with your BF du jour?

Whilst I love the bars... a night for me is never over until I have brought a boy and a gang to one of Pattaya night not spots!

I am guessing it is a distant cousin of the “host bar” model in Japan, but with boys instead of women. I am aware that there are boy versions of these bars in Japan as well (http://www.kocnet.jp/profile/boys.html and http://kids-jp.com/en/tk/), so maybe it is based on this model.

...a damn long post. Apologies!

interestingly, I saw several such boy host bars in Japan for women only, no men allowed! One I remember in particular in Osaka had a GIANT billboard above the door, with a dozen or two large pictures of the boys apparently available inside. All of them, with no exception, looked very feminine and/or androgynous. And that's a bar for women only, mind you. Weird concept I thought.... but that's Japan.

You apologize if and when you ever write a short post, not a long one, OK!!!?!!!