JimmyJoe

Usual tip for non sexual massage

I was wondering what it’s customary to tip for a non sexual massage. For example at Prime in BKK. I think they state the minimum tip is 100 Baht. But that seems low to me, especially considering the outstanding quality of massage I have had there. 

Would tip amount in Pattaya be similar to BKK?

For regular massage  I'd tip cost of massage if I ever had one in LOS.

Keep in mind if you consider service outstanding feel free top tip accordingly to what you consider fair notwithstanding what advises will be. Next time it may be even better

100 tip (for 1 hour) is a fair tip in the run-of-the-mill massage shops. It might seem low to the western visitor (especially Americans with a VERY different tip culture and different tip rationale), but in the context of wages here it is quite high. Having said that, I do vary my tip depending on the level/quality of service provided, as vinapu has suggested. At the low end, for a so-so or average massage I'll tip a "normal" tip, usually being something like that above-mentioned 100 per hour, so 150 for 1,5h. The high end is for a regular guy at The Prime whom I book in advance sometimes if I'm in need, he gets 500 for 1,5hrs because is massage is so good for me. No extras at all.

If you go to a regular massage place & there offer hand relief, they usually suggest a 5-600 baht tip. So it follows any tip for a standard massage should be much lower. Anddy's figure above is probably about right.

There have been a number or posts regarding the so-called "non sexual"massage whatever that means.Some establishments do post a suggested tip.

Not quite sure what you mean by non-sexual? Do you also mean non-erotic? Do you wish to lie there totally naked and have some Thai boy massage you entire body except for your penis even though you may have an erection?

I would say a tip equivalent to what the house charges for the massage. So if the house fee is 300 Baht then a min tip would be 300 Baht. Or if you want a good massage and not pay more then go to a lady massage house and pay 100 or 200 Baht tip.

Not quite sure what you mean by non-sexual? Do you also mean non-erotic? Do you wish to lie there totally naked and have some Thai boy massage you entire body except for your penis even though you may have an erection?

Yes, sometimes actually that's EXACTLY what I want ! Sometimes a simple massage is what I require to ease my sore muscles etc before I head out for the night / to shag etc and the LAST thing I want is some opportune massage guy doing his damnedest to get my hard when I've already told him I JUST want an ordinary massage. But alas unfortunately I've discovered that I'm quite weak willed and must to my own annoyance do tend to just give in most ( all ) of the time - but SOMETIMES yes, a simple straight forward non sexual massage is EXACTLY what I want.

I am a traditional Thai massage enthusiast and once seriously considered to get a certificate from Wat Poh massage school.

I have tried various massage places over the years in Bangkok including blind man's institute. I also checked out therapeutic massage house in Taiwan and Beijing.

I usually have 2 hours traditional Thai massage course (500-1000Baht ) and pay 100-200 Tip.

By the way they provide pyjamas like thin clothes to wear.

Masseurs's skill varies even at a high end massage house.

Unfortunately I have experienced only 3 masseurs I would call with a exceptional massage skill over 300+.

I visit a couple of massage places in Pattaya where there is NO sexual services at all. Cost of Massage 300 baht. I tip 200 baht. At a total cost of 500 baht for an hour of professional massage this is outstanding value. It would cost me at least 5 times that amount here in the UK.

You guys need to live out in the sticks.

I live in a village in Isaan and when I need a massage a (I guess) 50 year old Cambodian lady who is a thin as a stick comes around to the house. She is amazing always finding and treating the spot and working on it.

I pay 300 baht for 2 hours (no tip), I had started by paying 500 until my partner told me it was far to much and I would be creating a false market for the rest of the village