paborn

There are other bars!

Thank God this forum is digital and we aren't killing trees to talk about moonlight and Jupiter. As the itch for my next trip grows insanely hot I would like to ask for updates on:

Xboys

Classic Boys

Screw Boys

And anything else that is not being covered in recent posts. Hey, throw in Pattaya as well!

That's too bad, at least, in that I want to see businesses in our world thrive.

if we will patronize them , chances are they will.

Sad news of Bonny demise but since Sokchai left I admit I never returned and  preferred Bangkok Massage in the soi, hope Bonny's boys will find employment there

I was in Bangkok in October but I didn't visit the expensive bars in soi twilight, I did visit Jupiter, moonlight, nature boy and golden cock. They were fine and enjoyed the show at the 2 show bars and didn't miss soi twilight at all, but I did walk through soi twilight a few times.

Two weeks ago, the Hotmale host bars were active; I met a very nice Cambodian guy there. Banana bar had a few hosts too...it's been a long time since it had more than a few. I was only there one night  but, as far as I could see, there was little change to what I'd seen four months ago.  I can't comment on the go go bars.

The loss of Dicks was very sad. It was a good place to watch the world go by. The Jomtien Dicks, on the other hand, was still going strong last week and I had an excellent dinner there.

They have to become competative. Soi twilight bars were in a competition to see who could charge the most for drinks not for customers.

They have to earn my patronage and this trip they didn't get a single satang from me. If I pay their prices and complain while there are other options then I only have myself to blame.

If bars I don't visit go out of business is it my fault? I wish I had that kind of power.

Well, I'll make my own survey in January. But, considering off fees and expected tips I have trouble considering Jupiter or Moonlight cheaper. Also, with Dick's gone my allegiance is going to Maxi's and I'll check the massage guys at Bangkok. We'll see but I suspect I'll find a way to help support the soi that we will all lament the loss of when it's gone.

There was a huge police presence tonight from Silom to Patpong to Surawong. Immigration police, tourist police and Bang Rak police. Many police cars parked on Surawong from Burger King headed up to Twilight. Taxis usually parked in front of Patpong were nowhere to be found.

I went into Jupiter about 10pm, I have a friend that works there . He told me police were in earlier. Most of the boys were fully clothed and no one was wearing numbers. Some took their shirts off for quick runway walk.

When I left there were immigration police everywhere in Soi 4. I counted over 20 but there were more. They were checking passports of customers seated at the bars. Randomly though. Walked into Patpong headed to Screwboys. Same thing, Police entire length of street . My friend at Screwboys said police came into bars early, but late not bothering inside, just checking customers walking around outside.

I left Screwboys to get taxi on Surawong. So many police cars parked and police officers standing at front of Patpong I ended up walking to Twilight to get taxi. Some tuk tuks at Patpong, but hard to get taxis.

There had to be between 50-75 officers that I saw. Most just walking around with a few stopping people to look at passports.

Mostly immigration officers so I assume part of the crackdown on illegals that has been going on.

All started after 10pm and I got taxi at 12:30 and they were still going strong. In all my years I have seen police raids and police presence but nothing like tonight.

Paul, the good news appears to be that they were after immigrants per se and not after the bars specifically. The last time I saw this, or even was asked for my passport, was back in the nineties when southern Muslims had set off a bomb near Bangrak police station. Funny thing, I did not have my passport, but I had a Thai guy with me. An off from Charmming in Saphan Kwai, the guy explained who we were and the police waved us past. Obviously not terrorists.

Last night was decidedly low traffic (both foot and vehicular) in Soi Twilight and Suriwong Road as I was able to sashay up and down the streets without too much trouble, especially when the nice weather held up for the entire evening. Got around to visiting a couple of bars,and despite the low punters these days, the establishments soldiered on and held up their heads high.