• Members
5 hours ago, Tomcal said:

I was talking to a sauna guy tonight, he is 20 yrs old, a sophomore in college, extremely gdlkg(imo), 8” dick and really a nice guy! so he has all the major assets! he told me when he works at 117 or MR  he does usually 4 or 5 programmas a night and usually goes home with $700 - 900.R on a good night! while he looks 20, he is not a twink, well developed body, semi Muscular.

Most of the garotos that I deal with (the more muscular “body boys”) will usually make in the range of about $400R - $600R and up for about 3 programas in a night during a sauna visit — when they do go to the saunas, as most tend only to go somewhat sparingly (2 times a week, 3 times at most). Of course, it can be hit or miss, and some nights are just duds, while other nights can be a major windfall. 

And then there are the offsite client meetings that tend to pay more.

I don’t fuck with the twinky / slim boys or average-looking / average-built guys, but one that I do like to converse with casually whenever I see him at the beach (because he makes me laugh) tells me that he stays busy at the sauna and can more in 1-2 days than his older brother makes on his regular job at the hardware store (“they like them young!”, he exclaims).

That being said, I don’t think that most garotos are doing those kinds of numbers, and not consistently. A lot of it is based on looks / build,, personality / attentiveness / charm, and those physical assets that certain clients like (big dick, great ass, etc.) — and sometimes, just a good or bad day (a few GPs at the end of the night have asked me privately for money to cover their entrance fee as they didn’t make anything at all that night and need transportation costs to get back home).

It’s also a short window of opportunity and most tend to burn out after a short period — although I’ve seen some garotos still working after 5 years.

• Members
5 hours ago, Tomcal said:

he does usually 4 or 5 programmas a night and usually goes home with $700 - 900.R on a good night

23 minutes ago, SolaceSoul said:

Most of the garotos that I deal with (the more muscular “body boys”) will usually make in the range of about $400R - $600R and up for about 3 programas in a night

Intriguing. I don’t mean to quibble about the arithmetic but given the entrance fees they have to pay, these two reports suggest that a good-looking/muscled young guy actually earns about $200R per session in the saunas. That’s rather different from the $100R usually quoted as the going rate.

• Members
43 minutes ago, msclelovr said:

Intriguing. I don’t mean to quibble about the arithmetic but given the entrance fees they have to pay, these two reports suggest that a good-looking/muscled young guy actually earns about $200R per session in the saunas. That’s rather different from the $100R usually quoted as the going rate.

My experience is that certain guys do charge more than others, if they can command that rate. I really don’t think the twinkie / average guys charge the same as the muscle boys — but yes, there are always exceptions. 

Personally, I don’t care about how much they individually charge. Capitalism works fine for me. I only care about how much I’m willing to pay. 

I should add that we were talking about his major in college and what kind of career he wanted to have and in the course of that he said “ i know i will not start off making as much as i do prostituting myself(his words)but i hate doing it!” He works to help his Mother and grandmother with rent and usually works one to two nights a week. i asked him how much he makes and that’s when he told me how much he made. i asked him “on average how many Programmas he does a night, 2 or 3?” He said “no usually 4 or 5”.   

5 hours ago, SolaceSoul said:

It’s also a short window of opportunity and most tend to burn out after a short period — although I’ve seen some garotos still working after 5 years.

Very true! i would guess 1/2 last less then a year, another 25% last 5 years, and then there are the ones that are there until their grandchildren can support them! One guy at 117 i met in 2001 still works there!

Edited by tomcal

7 hours ago, msclelovr said:

That’s rather different from the $100R usually quoted as the going rate.

i don’t know any of the more attractive popular guys that go for $100.r... and i think i have a pretty good pulse on the market there! just saying!  (you are talking $13.40 US difference between $100.R and $150.R)  I know for a fact that some clients lie when they say how much they pay...i guess they are embarrassed they pay more! 

Edited by tomcal

• Members
9 minutes ago, Tomcal said:

i don’t know any of the more attractive popular guys that go for $100.r... and i think i have a pretty good pulse on the market there! just saying!  (you are talking $13.40 US difference between $100.R and $150.R)  I know for a fact that some clients lie when they say how much they pay...i guess they are embarrassed they pay more! 

Yeah, I agree, and I don’t get that at all. Boasting and bragging about paying what basically amounts to $13 USD less? It doesn’t make you seem like some economic wizard, and it certainly doesn’t make you seem like the garotos found you so much more attractive than everyone else that they cut you a deal. You just sound cheap.

• Members
1 hour ago, Tomcal said:

i don’t know any of the more attractive popular guys that go for $100.r... and i think i have a pretty good pulse on the market there! just saying!

That is true @Tomcal, even as a local I have to say that it is really difficult to get nice guys for 100, I would say that 120 is a rate that 80% of the guys would accept. 

Last Wednesday at Point I met a French guy who tried 100 BRL with 2 different guys and they refused. Then a twink (not that attractive) accepted. 

• Members

I agree I often get quoted 150, then I ask for less and they say 120, rarely 100. I then give him 150 anyway because he provided a good service, or even 200 when I have just momentarily fallen in love.

Unless the guy was terrible, in which case I pay the minimum agreed, not because I am cheap, I don’t care about R$50, but I care about not encouraging the guys who provide bad service.

53 minutes ago, Latindude said:

That is true @Tomcal, even as a local I have to say that it is really difficult to get nice guys for 100, I would say that 120 is a rate that 80% of the guys would accept. 

Last Wednesday at Point I met a French guy who tried 100 BRL with 2 different guys and they refused. Then a twink (not that attractive) accepted. 

• Members
1 hour ago, Latbear4blk said:

Pricing in Salvador seems quite different. I was an obvious foreigner and was quoted between 80 and 150 Rs, and the ones in the top tier were not always the better looking boys. One of the boys I got acquainted to told me that in Thermas, the local clients sometimes pay as little as 30 Rs.

You’re the only one posting here who has been to this new Thermas (Club 13) sauna in Salvador, but from what I gather from your comments and from descriptions from locals, that place gets the lower-tier working guys (like Manhattan Rios / old Meio Mundo in Rio, or Fragata in São Paulo). There’s nothing wrong with that, but I think we were referring to “top-shelf” garotos.

3 hours ago, Tartegogo said:

I agree I often get quoted 150, then I ask for less and they say 120, rarely 100. I then give him 150 anyway because he provided a good service, or even 200 when I have just momentarily fallen in love.

Unless the guy was terrible, in which case I pay the minimum agreed, not because I am cheap, I don’t care about R$50, but I care about not encouraging the guys who provide bad service.

I do not haggle over price.  I ask a rate. If it is what I am willing to pay, I'll say yes.  If not, I'll say no.  Or, I'll be very upfront and say what I am willing to pay and ask if they are interested.  If they are, we have a date, if not, we don't. I have had very few over the years not go with me but there were some who neither of us was willing to budge. I found that the more known quantity I am in the sauna, the more likely they are willing to succumb to my charms (or money). 

• Members
3 hours ago, SolaceSoul said:

You’re the only one posting here who has been to this new Thermas (Club 13) sauna in Salvador, but from what I gather from your comments and from descriptions from locals, that place gets the lower-tier working guys (like Manhattan Rios / old Meio Mundo in Rio, or Fragata in São Paulo). There’s nothing wrong with that, but I think we were referring to “top-shelf” garotos.

You are correct, Thermas is the lowest tier, find the full report here. I just published it.

Still, Therma offers he lowest prices, and Club 11 the highest. Top tier guys in Club 11 ask for 150 and go for 100. Top tier guys in Fox asked for 130. The prices are still lower compared to Rio.

• Members
21 hours ago, Tomcal said:

I was talking to a sauna guy tonight, he is 20 yrs old, a sophomore in college, extremely gdlkg(imo), 8” dick and really a nice guy! so he has all the major assets! he told me when he works at 117 or MR  he does usually 4 or 5 programmas a night and usually goes home with $700 - 900.R on a good night! while he looks 20, he is not a twink, well developed body, semi Muscular, i would enclose photos but we know where that road leads!i

I think I know to which boy Tomcal is refering to. There are not so many who have all the characteristics above (works in MR and 117, 20 years old, ...). I met this guy in 117 during my last stay. I met him the very last day unfortunately. He is stunning. Perfect body. Friendly. Good brains. Good education level and conversation. Since he is only active, I had a threesome with him so that I could see him fuck another cute lad. I was amazed by the size of his cock and the energy he put in fucking his buddy. We ended up DPing the passive who is another good looking guy, gay and enjoying being fucked by big tools. It was early in the afternoon - around 5 pm with not so many customers around. He did not want to go below 150 and I accepted of course. Since I was pleased, I tipped him in addition (even though he did not accept any foto to be taken during the session). I would have accepted 200 to have him in the 3some ! After the session, I saw him with other customers and I am not surprised at all by the figures given by Tomcal above. I will also avoid posting any picture ...

• Members
3 hours ago, TotallyOz said:

Top-shelf for you is not something I would go with. That is what there are so many different body types and ages.  To each his own. But, give me a cute twinky boy any day of the week.

Of course you like what you like. Viva la difference! My main point is that the type you are describing that you like also generally tends to be priced lower in and out of the saunas. That, of course, doesn’t mean it’s better for or more appealing to everyone. If twinks were to suddenly double their prices, I still would not be interested. I would think you’d feel the same about my preference.

37 minutes ago, SolaceSoul said:

Of course you like what you like. Viva la difference! My main point is that the type you are describing that you like also generally tends to be priced lower in and out of the saunas. That, of course, doesn’t mean it’s better for or more appealing to everyone. If twinks were to suddenly double their prices, I still would not be interested. I would think you’d feel the same about my preference.

I do honestly think that is both true and false. It depends on the guy and the number of clients looking for twinks. For example, the highest I ever paid for a garato in Brazil was a young 18-year-old twink.  He was active, busy and always expensive. There is something about a true twink that some guys love. However, in the saunas in Brazil, I think many Brazilian customers like the manly man and thus those guys are more in demand. Again, depending on the sauna.  Fragata used for that as well.  Times change. But, you are right, a big muscle guy would not be the first one to catch my attention and if they 1/2 their price, it would still be of no value to me.  That is why I often have to stay in saunas longer than you perhaps. I am waiting for my type and they are rarer.  But, also more precious. :) (at least in the twinkle of my eye)

1 hour ago, sydneyboy1 said:

How long do work in the saunas? There are a few guys still working at Lagoa  who I met on my first visit to São Paulo in 2005. 

LOL  Great question. I went for the first time in 2001 and I have yet to go to Brazil and not meet at least one person I met on that first trip. :blush:

• Members
2 hours ago, sydneyboy1 said:

How long do they work in the saunas? 

There are a few guys still working at Lagoa  who I met on my first visit to São Paulo in 2005. 

It is not so bad when a garoto works in a sauna for years if they keep their good looks.  A very few of the older long-term garotos still look good.  

However, father time and mother nature are often mean and unforgiving.

On my last trip, I saw at one of the saunas, one of the best looking garotos I had known back in 2003.

The only problem is, now the garoto weighs about 75 pounds more than he did when I knew him previously.  He is fifteen years older than he was when I used to run around with him in and out of the sauna. 

Needless to say, when the garoto came up to me all excited about seeing me again, I very nicely told him I had an earlier commitment.  I did  not tell him the earlier commitment was to meet a different in shape garoto.    

• Members
2 hours ago, mvan1 said:

It is not so bad when a garoto works in a sauna for years if they keep their good looks.  A very few of the older long-term garotos still look good.  

However, father time and mother nature are often mean and unforgiving.

On my last trip, I saw at one of the saunas, one of the best looking garotos I had known back in 2003.

The only problem is, now the garoto weighs about 75 pounds more than he did when I knew him previously.  He is fifteen years older than he was when I used to run around with him in and out of the sauna. 

Needless to say, when the garoto came up to me all excited about seeing me again, I very nicely told him I had an earlier commitment.  I did  not tell him the earlier commitment was to meet a different in shape garoto.    

Don’t feel bad about such a decision, @mvan1. Heck, I’ve opted out on guys whose looks or builds have gone south only three years later! Just be polite and respectful about it.

There is a harsh, unspoken rule, and of mutual benefit when it comes to our fleeting relationships: the sex worker keeps up whatever it is we physically like about them (looks, build, dick, ass, whatever it is), and in turn, we keep the coins flowing. Try telling a garoto that you lost all of your money and you are now living in a cardboard box under a bridge, but you’d would still love to hook up with him for free —- and watch him flee faster than Road Runner!

• Members
7 hours ago, TotallyOz said:

I do honestly think that is both true and false. It depends on the guy and the number of clients looking for twinks. For example, the highest I ever paid for a garato in Brazil was a young 18-year-old twink.  He was active, busy and always expensive. There is something about a true twink that some guys love. However, in the saunas in Brazil, I think many Brazilian customers like the manly man and thus those guys are more in demand. Again, depending on the sauna.  Fragata used for that as well.  Times change. But, you are right, a big muscle guy would not be the first one to catch my attention and if they 1/2 their price, it would still be of no value to me.  That is why I often have to stay in saunas longer than you perhaps. I am waiting for my type and they are rarer.  But, also more precious. :) (at least in the twinkle of my eye)

On the bright side is we’d make good wingmen for each other, because we would never have to fight over guys! Actually, none of my traveling partners have the same tastes in men as I do. Whether that’s by design or just coincidence is up for debate.