13 hours ago, Latbear4blk said:

However, in mi research I have found unanimous opinions that Laureles is a safe hood.

Funny you bring this up. My friend is joining me tomorrow from Medellin. We are going to travel through Mexico a few weeks together. He also suggested me to book an apartment in Laureles when I come back to Medellin.

• Members
23 hours ago, Latbear4blk said:

For instance, Laureles in this source shows as an area where you must practice "elevated caution". However, in mi research I have found unanimous opinions that Laureles is a safe hood. I am even considering renting my airbnb in there.

To answer your question directly, I would say there is excellent advice here for a first-time visitor to the city.

Agreed, the vaste majority of Laureles barrio south of the stadium is quite safe and I have never had any issues going about my business around that neighbourhood. Increasingly it is the barrio of choice for ex-pats and you will hear both English and German spoken regularly.

I would endorse many of the comments about certain neighbourhoods being "unsafe" in the sense that you are more likely to encounter potential situations. El Centro after dark and on weekends can be rough, and the Parque de luces is bad outside of office hours, but I have negotiated both situations. A little common sense goes a long way.

The one neighbouhood noted as a no-go zone is Trinidad (between the Olaya Herrera airport to the Medellin river) that is still controlled by narcos to move product though the city. Do not go there -- there is nothing to see there -- as the neighbourhood is still controlled by drug gangs who will know you are on the wrong turf.

Skip Trinidad and walk up to Belen barrio better Cra 30 and Cra 33 which is the newest up and coming neighbourhood with tons of cafes, shops and restaurants along its lively streets.

• Members

This thread makes me think of the Colombian expression "No dar papaya".

It means don't put yourself in a situation where you may be taken advantage of, don't show wealth or draw unnecessary attention, a papaya being a rich, delicious fruit that you should not simply give away since then you cannot enjoy it.

https://www.spanishdict.com/answers/151217/what-does-no-dar-papaya-mean

Often when someone recounts something bad that has happened, you will hear "Dio papaya" in response. It is somewhat victim blaming (fair observation) but the idea is very Colombian -- something precipitated the event, no fue por casualidad.

When in Colombia (and Medellin) remember "No dar papaya" and you will be just fine in many situations.

P.S. That includes putting your mobile phone on the restaurant or café table while dining. Big mistake in Colombia -- do not do it.

• Members
21 hours ago, macdaddi said:

don't put yourself in a situation where you may be taken advantage of, don't show wealth or draw unnecessary attention

Good advice for any visitor anywhere* in Latin America

*with the possible exception of the beach resorts in Uruguay

• Members
49 minutes ago, msclelovr said:

Good advice for any visitor anywhere* in Latin America

Not true. Good advice for any visitor in any big city in Latin America, and in many big cities around the world, USA included. There are plenty of safe places South of the Rio Grande where you would be absolutely safe. 

• Members
6 hours ago, Latbear4blk said:

There are plenty of safe places South of the Rio Grande where you would be absolutely safe. 

Agree 100%. Except putting your cell phone on the table in Colombia -- sorry but I cringe every time I see it and have watched horrified foreigners as their smartphones go dashing down the street with their new "owners". Please just put it away unless you truly need it :)

I'm headed back to Colombia for a month and a half in March. I only arrange long dates with boys from Chaturbate...it's soooo easy but my tastes are young, no muscles, little hair and 100% bottoms...the more submissive in bed the better. I actually may move there after I get my Argentine passport...the supply is endless! 

Just now, topjohn5 said:

I'm headed back to Colombia for a month and a half in March. I only arrange long dates with boys from Chaturbate...it's soooo easy but my tastes are young, no muscles, little hair and 100% bottoms...the more submissive in bed the better. I actually may move there after I get my Argentine passport...the supply is endless! 

I've also used Grindr with limited results.

• Members
On 1/31/2022 at 10:14 AM, spoon said:

Just curious if anyone knows whether these two cam boys actually available for hire in medellin. 

Alex Demarco

Johan Williams

Alex -- unlikely. Has an OnlyFans and is only occasionally on F4F.  Try reaching out on his Twitter.

Johan - probably. Is not actually under contract with F4F -- didn't work out.  Try his Twitter or Instagram.

51 minutes ago, macdaddi said:

Alex -- unlikely. Has an OnlyFans and is only occasionally on F4F.  Try reaching out on his Twitter.

Johan - probably. Is not actually under contract with F4F -- didn't work out.  Try his Twitter or Instagram.

Thank you so much! Now i can stop wondering haha

• Members
On 2/1/2022 at 12:57 PM, topjohn5 said:

so u could meet them? 

15 hours ago, Alex_Berl said:

so u could meet them? 

Yes, I have 5 long dates setup with some Chaturbate guys...with one I'm traveling to Medellin and Guatape, another Bogota and surrounding spots, another to Santa Marta, then another to Cartagena and the last to San Andres...the San Andres boy is perfect, lol.

• Members
7 hours ago, topjohn5 said:

Yes, I have 5 long dates setup with some Chaturbate guys...with one I'm traveling to Medellin and Guatape, another Bogota and surrounding spots, another to Santa Marta, then another to Cartagena and the last to San Andres...the San Andres boy is perfect, lol.

are that the "average" chaturbate-boys or some of the "5 Star guys"...:D

9 hours ago, Latbear4blk said:

I just booked my flights and airbnb. I will be staying in a small apartment near Laureles.

That is a good and safe area to stay in whilst in Medellin. Carrera 70 gets quite lively in the evening/at night. Easy to go to the city center from Estadio metro station or even easier take a collectivo (minibus) along Ave. San Juan. 

San Peter Apartments on a side street to Carrera 70 has several Airbnb listings with nice and roomy apartments; pick one a high floor for amazing views over Medellin and less street noise.

• Members
4 hours ago, speedoo1 said:

That is a good and safe area to stay in whilst in Medellin. Carrera 70 gets quite lively in the evening/at night. Easy to go to the city center from Estadio metro station or even easier take a collectivo (minibus) along Ave. San Juan. 

San Peter Apartments on a side street to Carrera 70 has several Airbnb listings with nice and roomy apartments; pick one a high floor for amazing views over Medellin and less street noise.

Yes, my research agrees with you. Thanks for the tip on those apartments, but I already have a nest at a great price. Now, I hope to coincide with @macdaddi or other travelers.

• Members
23 hours ago, Latbear4blk said:

Yes, my research agrees with you. Thanks for the tip on those apartments, but I already have a nest at a great price. Now, I hope to coincide with @macdaddi or other travelers.

Hey -- super happy to hear that you have booked your Medellin trip. Hope that the city of eternal spring lives up to your expectations.

Unfortunately I have to return home at the end of the week for business and to check in on the home front. Right now I do not have return trip booked -- but feel free to DM with any questions. ¡Disfrútete mucho con los paisas!

IMG_4585.JPG

On 2/13/2022 at 1:11 AM, Alex_Berl said:

are that the "average" chaturbate-boys or some of the "5 Star guys"...:D

Not exactly sure what that means...As I've stated before I'm not interested in Macho hunks or masculine tops or muscular manly guys...if those are 5-star to you I understand but, they aren't my type.

• Members

Julian lives in Medellin and has some nice connections there. As a tourist attraction I'd put him up with the Botero museum (and the bombed birds). Someone should know if Christian from the old Club Tobi has returned from Europe or the other gay muscle guy who worked there. Both would probably age well. I stayed at the cheap Gran hotel to be next to the hustler street (disappointment) but spent all my sex time at Club Tobi. 

EuN5x8xXEAQ4avk?format=jpg&name=large

FLMZTFyXoAAMxMG?format=jpg&name=large