Eric

Tawan bar

based on recent announcements  bars won't open until mid-January.

Whether they will open at all and have a show there's no way telling until they actually open.

I'd not worry about charges now as they may go 3 ways after opening- stay the same , go up to made up for lost income or go down to bring custom and earn ANY baht in the same way hotel charges went down. 

So in short all entertainment is great unknown now IMHO

On 11/16/2021 at 8:40 PM, Eric said:

Mid-January? But I thought Thailand has already opened to tourists on Nov 1? 

Why the delay until Jan?

You need to read more closely.

Thailand airports opened to incoming on 1st of November.

Nothing to do with clubs, bars alcohol etc.

If you want to know about the reasons Pinocchio gave for the 15th January,  look around these boards or Bangkok Post or Google.

One glimmer of hope is that some committees reporting to  the CCSA are pushing for easing before January -- to be discussed this Friday.   Look for the thrice weekly English language CCSA bulletin broadcast on Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays.

• Members
On 11/14/2021 at 3:59 AM, Eric said:

Can anybody tell me when Tawan bar will be open for business (the shows etc)?

How much do they charge nowadays?

As I wrote on another thread, the last time I was in Bangkok the Tawan was dreadful, a tragic shadow of its former self. It it reopens I only hope it can regain some of its past glory. 

5 hours ago, sydneyboy1 said:

As I wrote on another thread, the last time I was in Bangkok the Tawan was dreadful, a tragic shadow of its former self. It it reopens I only hope it can regain some of its past glory. 

I braved to enter Tawan late in my trips , perhaps 8 or 9th so I guess in it's  tragic stage  and still liked it very much to an extend that on one of my 2 weeks trips I was on their mono-diet so only hope they open , tragic or not

On 11/22/2021 at 2:54 PM, sydneyboy1 said:

Mind giving some details on how 'dreadful' it became?

I wonder where the boys are situated now and whether is it possible to contact them personally instead of via Tawan.

• Members
2 hours ago, Eric said:

Mind giving some details on how 'dreadful' it became?

I wonder where the boys are situated now and whether is it possible to contact them personally instead of via Tawan.

I have reported this here on a number of threads but the Tawan on my last trip was a shadow of what it once was. The “boys” on offer were only a fraction of those working there in Tawan’s heyday and were all out of shape and heavily tattooed. 
I remember the Tawan in its glory days when there was a smorgasbord of boys on offer, playful, handsome and many with magnificent bodies. The consensus seems to be that the Internet has changed the gay scene in Bangkok forever.

On 11/28/2021 at 7:22 AM, sydneyboy1 said:

I have reported this here on a number of threads but the Tawan on my last trip was a shadow of what it once was. The “boys” on offer were only a fraction of those working there in Tawan’s heyday and were all out of shape and heavily tattooed. 
I remember the Tawan in its glory days when there was a smorgasbord of boys on offer, playful, handsome and many with magnificent bodies. The consensus seems to be that the Internet has changed the gay scene in Bangkok forever.

Yes that's correct but not only in Bangkok but  at Pattaya and Phuket too , the decline started around 2014-15 and from there went down hill . It's obvious that boys prefer to freelance at  on-line apps without commitment to bars and without bosses telling them what to do. 

6 hours ago, Boy69 said:

It's obvious that boys prefer to freelance at  on-line apps without commitment to bars and without bosses telling them what to do. 

I have my doubts whether as many people will travel to Thailand to comb through the apps which can be done at home  instead of entertaining themselves in bars.

Approaching Mona Lisa in the Louvre can't be compared at staring at the same painting even on the best computer  screen .

1 hour ago, vinapu said:

I have my doubts whether as many people will travel to Thailand to comb through the apps which can be done at home  instead of entertaining themselves in bars.

For anyone who likes cute Asians, combing through the apps here is far more rewarding than at home.  Occasionally, one can get lucky at home, but it just doesn't compare.

Also, walking around Bangkok in shorts and t-shirt is far more pleasant in the winter than at home.  As is drinking a beer at one of the outdoor "restaurants".

2 hours ago, z909 said:

Also, walking around Bangkok in shorts and t-shirt is far more pleasant in the winter than at home.  As is drinking a beer at one of the outdoor "restaurants".

No doubt but many of us have such an option in places 3 hours flight away , never mind 13 or 23. 

20 minutes ago, vinapu said:

No doubt but many of us have such an option in places 3 hours flight away , never mind 13 or 23. 

Count yourself lucky.  Flying from the UK, even North Africa would not be warm enough and I expect it would be less comfortable than Thailand.

On 11/29/2021 at 12:41 PM, Boy69 said:

Yes that's correct but not only in Bangkok but  at Pattaya and Phuket too , the decline started around 2014-15 and from there went down hill . It's obvious that boys prefer to freelance at  on-line apps without commitment to bars and without bosses telling them what to do. 

Do you know which is the most popular on-line app the boys are at? I hope to contact some of them.

Better still, are there any massage parlors where the boys hang out?