18past19

Furama Silom versus Trinity Silom

After anxiously waiting for exactly 7 days, my Thai Pass application was approved this afternoon. Initially I was holding a reservation with Furama Silom for my first 24 hours confinement. They have been very responsive, have always been in touch since. The whole package for a deluxe room (more than 400 Sq ft) is about $130 through Agoda. 

Then because of an impressive turnaround time with Trinity Silom (that I read on a trip report), I went ahead and cancelled my reservation with Furama Silom and just put in a new reservation with Trinity Silom without much thinking. Then it was when I started reading their reviews, I became a bit scared ("inedible food", bugs, etc). The package for a deluxe room (about 340 Sq ft) is $150. So, they are a bit more than Furama Silom. 

As much as I would prefer a decent and hygienic room (without any bugs) with edible meals, what matters most for me is going to be a quick turnaround time for my PCR test. Since my flight is landing at 11 pm at night, Furama said they were not sure if I would need to spend one more night with them. 

I,d stick to Furama as they have bigger rooms and better view from them. Important when you enclosed forcibly. 

Don't worry about reviews  by a strangers though. People tend to extrapolate their one time experience into universal truth. 

Turnaround is important but your timing may not necessarily match that of others. 

I used Centre Point Silom, took their biggest room available ( this trip because rates are so cheap in every hotel  with exception of Raya I  splurge on the best room to treat myself) and did not worry about Turnaround time as that may be factor beyond their control. What I liked is the despite fact I arrived at 6 am they let me che check in early for free so I was not worried about need to pay for second night. 

Most important fact is that you arrive in good tome to be in Bangkok IMNSHO

Agreed with Vinapu, I am arriving on Friday and have booked with Furama Silom as well, I actually liked their non quarantine price too so decided to stay whole trip with them. Trinity I won't be so sure about as I have stayed with them once, didn't like much, though it was a short stay and during peak season so your experience might be different.

I agree Furama Silom is an excellent choice location is great less then 10 minutes walking from Patpong , spacious rooms , private entrance to the elevator so you can bring visitors easily bypassing the reception , nice rooftop pool with panoramic view of BKK  (not sure it's open these days) and excellent breakfast buffet.

I recommend you to stay there very conveniently for your whole stay in BKK .

Many thanks for all your great inputs and expert opinion. When I realized my impulsivity and anxiety, i was a bit too late. Now there is no more available room for Test and Go package at Furama Silom on Agoda anymore. It may pop up later.. 

I wont be surprised if I am going to be banned by Agoda site soon. I have cancelled so many reservations for this upcoming trip. I blamed it all to lots of unknown and uncertainties though admittedly, most of them were because of my anxiety and impulsivity. 

One review on the Trinity Silom says ".....  my food was eaten by AUNTS ..."

Since I dont want to be eaten by AUNTS, I again cancelled my test and go package with them.

Go for a fast track opton. 

My hotel did not mention there was a fast track option when I booked. I only discovered it was available on a call with the conceirge. 4 hours guaranteed. All going well Bangkok Guy and I will meet over a late lunch.

I agree with Vaughn that the Le Meridian is a great AUNT-free option.

Customers paying more for an early checkout must be good business for the hotels.  I would think it makes sense for the guests too, depending on the time of arrival.

However, ideally hotels would try to provide a fast standard service, in order to please customers, get good reviews and therefore win more customers.  If I were booking after reading this forum, the Trinity Silom would be a good candidate.

• Members

I have booked The Quarter Silom Hotel in Soi Tarntawan through Agoda for the one night Test & Go in January.  That's the brand new hotel across the street from the Mango Tree restaurant.  For a superior room with a balcony, the Test and Go package with breakfast and transportation is 3,899 baht.  They are advertising a 6 hour test result from Paolo hospital in Saphan Kwai.  After arriving on a flight at Suvarnabhumi about midnight, I'm hoping to check out of the hotel right after breakfast the next morning.

Or if you are really desperate, for an additional 4,500 baht, they offer an "urgent" test result, with no timing specified.  I chose the standard 6 hour test result, as I'll probably be asleep when the result arrives in the early morning, after traveling halfway across the planet. 

The Quarter would be nice for a SHORT quarantine stay.  Nice beds, good shower, fancy TV with Netflix etc.

The rooms are fairly compact, so being confined there for a long quarantine stay would be more difficult, but thankfully quarantine is short for most of us.  

On 12/16/2021 at 10:09 AM, z909 said:

The rooms are fairly compact, so being confined there for a long quarantine stay would be more difficult, but thankfully quarantine is short for most of us.  

I agree and  in fact when I was looking for hotels to do mandatory confinement my main criteria was size of room. So Quarter was out of question but others may have more tolerance for a small space. 

I was not worried about turnaround time nor willing to pay to speed up the process, I rather spend extra 4500 on even short time than speeding up result. 

• Members

I agree about the size of the rooms.  I am not planning on staying in the Quarter Silom more than a few hours for the Test & Go.  I have a different hotel reserved for the following day with a much larger room and a balcony.  But 248 square feet is fine for me for 6 hours while waiting for the test results, since I plan to be asleep for some of the time.  If I get claustrophobic, I'll just pretend I'm in a cabin on a cruise ship. 

BTW, the confirmation I received from the hotel specified private airport transportation, so no shared ride.