Moses

Bangkok gay guides from Siamroads.com

11 hours ago, vinapu said:

Now, and I try to visit every bar in BKK at least once during every trip, I'm of firm opinion it's a friendliest bar of them all and it's not because  size of their boys. It may be that being older they are more mature and confident of themselves.

I totally agree with your observation. I visited almost all of the bars when I was in Bangkok 2 - 7 September and also I found the atmosphere in Tawan very friendly. And the guys also. 

New review on Siamroads service:

I have recently completed a trip that involved visits to both Pattaya and Bangkok.

I had Mac from Siam Roads as a companion/guide in both for 2 full days in each location.
I cannot recommend him enough!

His communication via WhatsApp prior to my arrival was excellent. He assisted me with transport arrangements and was happy to help with anything by request and as it happened. I was able to enjoy some of the most beautiful touring sites, get in a lot of the best shopping available. Mac also showed me around the nightlife areas in the later hours whilst advising me on everything i needed to know to safely get a mb for the night, also the dangers and traps that lurk for foreigners and how to avoid them.

Not only is he a wonderful, caring and client focused young man, he is extremely knowledgeable about everything from Thai history, culture and customs right down to the best times of day to visits certain areas and when to employ different modes of transport to avoid untimely delays in traffic or otherwise.

When you employ a guide for 14 hours in a day, they will need to eat as well. Mac was happy to source inexpensive food from street vendors to save me money, However I insisted he join me inside the beautiful and cost effective Thai food establishments that he introduced me to. Even then Mac would only have a very basic dish, forever keeping and eye on my expenditure.

Mac, if you read this thank-you! You are an absolute angel and a truly amazing tour companion. I will use him again and again on my future visits.

Mac's profile is here https://siamroads.com/mac/

Mac-guide-bangkok-thailand-301.jpg.c7eb0da6469d691fc28e40fe519b5b48.jpg

2 news from Siamroads:

a) currently we have shortage of guides in Bangkok, Pattaya and on Phuket. Please book your tours at least week in advance. If you know any guide who is gay and male in these destinations please let me know.

b) please welcome our new guide in Bangkok Sunny.

Sunny is experienced professional guide in Bangkok. Languages: English and Thai. Sunny will work with us by weekends + Friday evenings.

Full profile is here: https://siamroads.com/guide-in-bangkok-sunny-thailand/

Sunny-guide-in-Bangkok-03.jpg.b8e188b175c6977b1670a7d274e747b8.jpg

6 hours ago, 10tazione said:

I have another question: What is the legal status of Siamroads? Can't find any information on the website ... is it a company?

It is kind of coop of gay guides from 7 countries, it has 15-years long history. It is not a company. Besides 20% reservation deposit, client pays money directly to guide. Coop uses deposits for to secure reservations for to pay to guide in case of client no show and for to pay for servers, advertising, domain names and so on.

18 hours ago, reader said:

Moses, you operate a network of guides who cater particularly to the gay community. Do you believe it’s a wise business decision to become entangled in geopolitics with the same population? Just curious but a serious question nonetheless.

Well, I participate in political discussions, but I'm not guide and I'm not involved into catering of clients of Siamroads. If "catering" means sponsorship and supporting of gay forums, then it isn't in contradictions with participating is discussions as well: there is full specter of political views on the forums, some of which are close to mine points of view.

On Sawatdee forum, where I'm admin, nobody complains about freedom of the speech. There are taboo topics on the forum, but the rules that describe the list of these topics appeared long before me - under the previous owners. We all know these points - about the royal family, hate speech, racism, etc.

Guides do not participate in discussions, most of them even don't know about these forums existence, and I never ask them about their political views. 

2 hours ago, Moses said:

Well, I participate in political discussions, but I'm not guide and I'm not involved into catering of clients of Siamroads. 

But you certainly cater to the clients needs by arranging their tours, taking their money and facilitating the delivery of the service.

2 hours ago, Moses said:

On Sawatdee forums, where I'm admin, nobody complains about freedom of the speech.

Guides do not participate in discussions, most of them even don't know about these forums existence, and I never ask them about their political views. 

The question was is your entanglement in geopolitical arguments a wise business decision and not about freedom of speech.

You expect us to believe that English-speaking guides who interact with English-speaking clients aren’t aware of forums like this?

8 hours ago, reader said:

But you certainly cater to the clients needs by arranging their tours, taking their money and facilitating the delivery of the service

Certainly? You have no idea how it works and who are involved.

At past, when forum was GT, and here was "signatures" in each post, I stayed away from any politic, because in each post was info about Siamroads. Now, without signatures, I feel free to express own opinions, because without signature post is private opinion.

3 hours ago, Moses said:

Certainly? You have no idea how it works and who are involved.

But you told us just how it works above.

14 hours ago, Moses said:

It is kind of coop of gay guides from 7 countries, it has 15-years long history. It is not a company. Besides 20% reservation deposit, client pays money directly to guide. Coop uses deposits for to secure reservations for to pay to guide in case of client no show and for to pay for servers, advertising, domain names and so on.y

You mean that this isn’t how it works?

3 hours ago, reader said:

You mean that this isn’t how it works?

You still have no idea:

3 hours ago, reader said:

who are involved.

Also you have no idea about my role in this business.

By the way: expats and frequent visitors, i.e. members of this forum, share less than 3% of Siamroads clients.

But I wonder: when you take guide for to visit Emerald Buddha or to visit red light district do you really care whom supports you guide - royalists or democrats? 

You forget that forum gets read by many non-members. But in any case, Moses, I can well appreciate why you are eager to take advantage of the free speech opportunity the forum offers because you certainly can’t in Russia.

But you do risk turning off potential clients with your geopolitical positions. So if that isn’t a concern, knock yourself out, man. 

And for the record, I would care if I knew I was patronizing a business whose views are so much at odds with my own. 

I’m satisfied at this point that I do indeed have a good picture of how Siam Roads operates. Not really different than a hotel booking service. To your credit, it’s a good model to mimic.

2 hours ago, reader said:

But in any case, Moses, I can well appreciate why you are eager to take advantage of the free speech opportunity the forum offers because you certainly can’t in Russia.

Since the pandemic and the criminal invasion of Ukraine, Russians have started to take over the island of Bali in Indonesia. Their business and developments have destroyed local businesses. And they even want to destroy rice fields to build unnecessary new developments.

The Russians are HATED in Bali. 

I imagine it's the same in Thailand.

3 hours ago, Marc in Calif said:

I imagine it's the same in Thailand.

dreams, dreams...

3 hours ago, Marc in Calif said:

The Russians are HATED in Bali. 

and this is fake climes... do you forget Siamroads has guides on Bali? So I have information from first hands... some Balinese speaks Russian already and many even study Russian language

Warning to all, stay on the original topic and not politics. Further discussion about Russia in this thread will be removed. Moses is allowed to have his viewpoint on politics and that need not be brought into Siam Roads threads each time.

For the record: Russians are hated. Americans are hated. French are hated. on and on I could go. I think we are all hated by some to a degree. Except the Brazilians. Damn, that is either amazing or they are so fucking hot no one cares. :)

Sorry to say I also don't get it either!

Given the title of the thread, let's be honest! This is just a free advertisement for Siam Roads. That organisation is run by @Moses as a business which gets a lot of PR from the gay chat site he himself owns and operates - sawatdee network. Given that @Moses frequently posts here in other threads with a very pro-Russian and frequently very anti-western line (often without accurate or even any source material I should add), I believe this is an important point for those who might wish to use the services of Siam Roads. But that I guess is his privilege under the membership rules.  

The essential point here is not that the guides themselves are pro-Russian - or indeed express any political views. I believe from reports that they are all extremely good at their jobs. Yet, given the political times we live in and the illegal invasion of Ukraine (as defined by the United Nations) and the fact that the USA and NATO countries are spending massive amounts of cash and materiel helping Ukraine against Russian aggression with its Iranian - and perhaps even North Korean and Chinese allies, even as one who has loved his four visits to Russia I would not patronise any Russian-based business at the present time. Similarly I would not patronise a business run by either Hamas or Israel or any other country presently at war. (Specifically I do not include countries whose politics alone I do not agree with. The essential here is "war".)

So I do not believe @Moses should be given a free ride here. If it means a three-month ban on my posting, so be it. I feel very strongly on this issue and if I am not permitted to express it, whatever action the moderator takes is perfectly fine with me.

9 hours ago, Moses said:

and this is fake climes... do you forget Siamroads has guides on Bali? So I have information from first hands... some Balinese speaks Russian already and many even study Russian language

So you think it's fake?

Read this article:

... Balinese authorities this week called for the end to Indonesia’s visa-on-arrival policy for citizens of Russia and Ukraine, citing a spate of alleged incidents involving misbehavior and various examples of visitors overstaying their visas and working illegally as hairdressers, unauthorized tour guides and taxi drivers. The move has been met with dismay by many Ukrainians on the island, who say that most of the incidents involve Russians and that they are being unfairly tarred with the same brush.

“Whenever we get reports about a foreigner behaving badly, it’s almost always Russian,” a local police officer in the town of Kuta told CNN, declining to be identified due to sensitivities surrounding the issue....

And read this article:

... The once-welcoming Balinese people have had enough. Confronted with a barrage of complaints, the governor of Bali, Wayan Koster, announced earlier this month that he asked the Indonesian government to revoke Russia’s and Ukraine’s access to the country’s visa-on-arrival program.

He said many of those who have flocked to Bali to avoid the war have not only violated a number of local laws but have been illegally seeking jobs while on short-term tourist visas. (Obtaining a visa on arrival is usually instantaneous, requiring a $33 fee and no paperwork.)

27 minutes ago, PeterRS said:

Similarly I would not patronise a business run by either Hamas or Israel or any other country presently at war. (Specifically I do not include countries whose politics alone I do not agree with. The essential here is "war".)

What Israel has to do with it ? Hamas is a terror organisation invaded to the south of Israel and slaughtered and kidnapped thousands of Israelis what did you expect Israel do nothing about it and make a peace agreement with them? from your "logic" you won't support Ukraine business as well because they are in war . Ridiculous.