Shonen

Fresh Boys

18 minutes ago, Shonen said:

Didn’t take away anyone from the bar but went to Super A and ordered a boy for take in. Used the room upstairs, they charge 700 baht.

When I visited Super A shortly after it reopened, I was told room upstairs 500. It seems the old practice of raising prices when things are slow has taken hold 🙂.

I think they were just taking advantage of me. They were high pressure with drinks and if a guy come, it was 1,000 baht. I left a couple of nights spending in excess of 3,000 baht.

It didn’t bother me , as I had survived traveling economy class and was ready to splurge so to speak. Definitely had fun there though. Usually closing the bar and they would chauffeur me in a tuk tuk to my hotel. 

3 hours ago, Shonen said:

I think they were just taking advantage of me. They were high pressure with drinks and if a guy come, it was 1,000 baht. I left a couple of nights spending in excess of 3,000 baht.

It didn’t bother me , as I had survived traveling economy class and was ready to splurge so to speak. Definitely had fun there though. Usually closing the bar and they would chauffeur me in a tuk tuk to my hotel. 

They took advantage of you,if a guy come sit with you should pay only for his drink and if go with you from the bar you pay in addition off fee, I don't understand for what they wanted 1000 baht.

As a general rule, if you have sex in the bar you have to pay the off fee as well as what you would normally tip the guy if he were to go to your room. If the 1000 baht was collected from you on behalf of the guy, chances are he did not get it all. 

Is the long-haired ladyboy mamasan still there? She's a very nasty piece of work. She'll screw you for every baht if you let her.

On one occasion she refused to hand over my change, insisting that I give it to her as a tip. In the end she gave it to me and in return I gave her a tip - you try that again and that will be the last time you ever see me in your bar.

The tall, short-hair effeminate mamasan is just as bad.

2 hours ago, a-447 said:

As a general rule, if you have sex in the bar you have to pay the off fee as well as what you would normally tip the guy if he

ere to go to your room. If the 1000 baht

2 hours ago, a-447 said:

As a general rule, if you have sex in the bar you have to pay the off fee as well as what you would normally tip the guy if he were to go to your room. If the 1000 baht was collected from you on behalf of the guy, chances are he did not get it all. 

In general I think it's a very bad idea to have sex in bar , no privacy,  awkward situation and yes most likely the guy didn’t got the whole fee he deserved. 

9 hours ago, a-447 said:

Is the long-haired ladyboy mamasan still there? She's a very nasty piece of work. She'll screw you for every baht if you let her.

On one occasion she refused to hand over my change, insisting that I give it to her as a tip. In the end she gave it to me and in return I gave her a tip - you try that again and that will be the last time you ever see me in your bar.

The tall, short-hair effeminate mamasan is just as bad.

Yes, the long haired ladyboy is a piece of work. She added drinks to my bill but I corrected her.

6 hours ago, Boy69 said:

In general I think it's a very bad idea to have sex in bar , no privacy,  awkward situation and yes most likely the guy didn’t got the whole fee he deserved. 

Actually I had sex with two guys, 500 baht for the bar each. Off fee I guess. It was real late and no other customers. And yes, it is a bad idea to have sex in the bar. I think it’s because I hadn’t any for half a year, ha ha.

• Members

I was looking at the location of Fresh Boys on google maps (preparing my upcoming trip to Bangkok), and for some reason the name on google maps is in Japanese:

フレッシュボーイ タイランド ゴーゴーボーイ パッポン

https://goo.gl/maps/DQKsYbEUiz1xrKvG8

Are there a lot of Japanese customers?

Given how cheap gay sex is in Japan, I would think they do not need to travel to Bangkok to get some.

No idea why it's Japanese on the map. It's probably just some odd quirk related to whoever created the listing. The male brothels in Japan are around US$100 for an hour, so I guess if you add up the costs of drinks, off fee and short time fee it's comparable. Maybe they prefer Thai (or Vietnamese or Cambodian or whatever) boys to Japanese boys?

53 minutes ago, zombie said:

Absolutely correct.

Another scam is giving change for 500 baht when the  customer gave a 1000 baht note.

Which again is just pure theft.

Again, it pays to have exact change on us or, when comes to worst, first ask them to break big bill  , count  and only then make your order and pay. On another hand no need to be paranoid as those cases are still very rare

4 hours ago, zombie said:

Another scam is giving change for 500 baht when the  customer gave a 1000 baht note.

You will be pleased to know that was exact comment guy made when I exchanged money in soi Thaniya today and asked him to give me couple thousands in 500's.

Speaking about exchanges, Don Muang rate todat  uniform 35.99 for 1 usd, walked around Silom and it was, between 37.00 and 37.60 so best rate yield 161 baht over airport on 100 USD, I was surprised spread was that minor. 

Curious, what they offer tomorrow as in the past, at least in Silom area rates seemed to go down on Sundays

And as Sunday rolls over into Monday, dollar clawed above 38 again. 

Rates can an do readjust by the moment so when you see one that you believe is satisfactory it’s a good idea to grab it. 

More people lose money in bonds and equities by trying to call market tops and bottoms. Currency is just another market. Leave the timing to the pros.