12is12

Report on touristic sites outside Pattaya

For those of u intrstd in daytime activities btw nightly clubs/bars crawl, here's a list of beautiful and/or fun places B and I visited and rcmnd. The furthest ones r 30 mnts drives. U r wlcm to ggl-map for more dscrption and images. See some fotos below; B cntrbtd the 2 imojis.

To the north:

Frost Magical Ice of Siam - a big hall in freezing tmprtr with ice sculptures, bar, sleds. 3 fotos.

The Million Years Stone Park & Pattaya Crocodile Farm - crcdl show and some elphnts & jrfs, but the sculpted rocks huge garden is (for me) the real draw. 3 fotos.

Mini Siam - similar to mini-s in other countries; includes also a mini world. 2 fotos

Sanctuary of Truth Museum - impressive wooden new tmpl; wndrfl carving; no screw or nail. 3 fotos

Art In Paradise Pattaya - very big compound, for taking 3 dimensional animated fotos/vids selfies. GREAT fun. 3 fotos dont do it justice; cant post imoji-ed vids.

To the south: 

Nong Nooch Tropical Garden - HUGE place; justifies a whole day: 2 tall levels of "Sky Garden"; wide valley combining Thai European prehistoric elmnts; and more. 4 fotos

Legend Siam Pattaya - it only seems like a mere theme park (children, culture). However, it boasts a futuristic cannabais museum, and GREAT dark mirror maze & haunted house. 3 fotos only of museum

PXL_20221201_045439870.jpg

PXL_20221201_042521200.jpg

PXL_20221201_034633587.jpg

PXL_20221202_064939029.jpg

PXL_20221202_064759919.jpg

PXL_20221202_064626525.jpg

Dear 12is12,

These were GREAT daytime adventures that we had together.

They are witness to the fact that there is SO much to do, see, explore, and experience in Pattaya - Jomtien OUTSIDE of the nightlife scene.

Also, this is a GREAT response to OldDaddy's previous post when he questioned, "What do expat retirees who live in Jomtien do beside staring at the beach from their condo balcony". Implying that we would get bored.

I am now here 3 months and I can attest that there is always something to go and see and do, and there is little time to be bored.

And yes, I do also cherish my time sitting on my condo balcony staring at the vastness of the beautiful sea.

Sanctuary of Truth was great. No screw or nail but hopefully someday air conditioned.

Tour lecturers droned on forever on each section of carvings and their importance.

Had to wear a hardhat as it is still under construction for 40 years...

That roof is magical with the flying figures.

Divided into Earth, Water, Fire, and Wind

(went with scammer friend of my friend. Luckily he was not struck by lightning 

for all his tales of "mama need hospital")

Nice restaurant for food and drinks above the sanctuary on the cliff as you enter.

6 minutes ago, ChristianPFC said:

I made a similar post in 2014,

and this is how I found about Tropical gardens and Sanctuary of Truth.

Wat Siem was also introduced to me on this forum so after all we are not only about whoring but world class travel too. ( Whoring in Thailand is world class indeed anyways )

1 minute ago, 12is12 said:

Kudos Christian! 

I wish I had seen that before my visit. Will use it on my next.

now you know why I'm regular reader of his blog as he has knack of finding tourist attractions everywhere. 

Speaking about Christian blog, I noticed I can't leave comment there when using Microsoft Edge  but  no problem under Chrome. Any idea what reason may be?

On 12/20/2022 at 3:54 PM, 12is12 said:

Kudos Christian! 

I wish I had seen that before my visit. Will use it on my next.

I too intend to rtrn to NN garden for a whole day 

I doubt you can spend NN garden for whole day but for couple hours its a great trip.