Patanawet

Silom soi 4-- just like the old days.

20 minutes ago, gayinpattaya said:
20 minutes ago, gayinpattaya said:

The place was packed with groups of straight backpackers there is see "the lady boys". 

Yes, the 'straights' were probably from 'Strangers' bar. The drag Ru Paul bar.
They tend to spill out onto the soi between acts for a cigarette.

4 minutes ago, Patanawet said:

Yes, the 'straights' were probably from 'Strangers' bar. The drag Ru Paul bar.
They tend to spill out onto the soi between acts for a cigarette.

Probably. I was never a real fan of Soi 4. 
Bangkok died for me when they closed Twilight. Nothing can ever beat sitting at Maxis watching the world go by.

Fortunately when I was there in May I didn’t have the same problems as you gayinpattaya.    We saw very little evidence of backpackers packing the Soi.  Lots of crowds on weekends , little slower on weekdays.   By September it was getting busier every night.   And always lively.   

9 hours ago, gayinpattaya said:

Probably. I was never a real fan of Soi 4. 
Nothing can ever beat sitting at Maxis watching the world go by.

I agree with you on both accounts

9 hours ago, gayinpattaya said:

Bangkok died for me when they closed Twilight.

lots of live and fun to be had  in that dead corpse , lol

1 hour ago, jason1975 said:

Careful there, those Maxis customers might be forum members here! Haha

yes they are .

I remember Bravo passing by with some boy and me thinking '  that guy doesn't have any taste in men " ( just kidding , we never met at least knowingly ).

But this is true , all punters and their boys were vetted by either Maxi or Dicks patrons. But now it's history and we should think about future as soi Twlight now is nothing more than just shortcut  between Rama and Suriwong.

4 hours ago, vinapu said:

yes they are .

I remember Bravo passing by with some boy and me thinking '  that guy doesn't have any taste in men " ( just kidding , we never met at least knowingly ).

But this is true , all punters and their boys were vetted by either Maxi or Dicks patrons. But now it's history and we should think about future as soi Twlight now is nothing more than just shortcut  between Rama and Suriwong.

Another board member here taught me a trick with Maxis back then. If you didn't have any luck finding what you wanted on an evening, sit there at 1am (gogo kick out-time) you can grab a gogo boy and take them to clubbing. Good times. 

Maxis was best for grabbing a drink and waiting for Sun at Bangkok Massage to turn up. Then it was a race to pay the bill and get over there before someone else snagged that Lao hottie! 

16 hours ago, vinapu said:

I remember Bravo passing by with some boy and me thinking '  that guy doesn't have any taste in men " ( just kidding , we never met at least knowingly )

@vinapu and @Bravo You guys should really arrange to be in Bangkok at same time and meet one day! The two of you really utilise and enjoy every minute of your holiday with the guys!