Lucky

Is Indicting Trump A Good Idea?

3 hours ago, floridarob said:

Why is anyone giving time to this EmmetK person???

I'm sorry, I've simply never had a real MAGAt to play with. 

Has he ever contributed anything useful to any forum here......

Now you're trolling, you know he hasn't.

Troll......stop feeding him, and that's coming from me,  I've done my share of feeding 😄

I'll try but it's like one of those monkey toys with clapping cymbals. You just have to nudge it every time it goes quiet to see how long the batteries last.

monkey-happy.gif

7 hours ago, alvnv said:

Screenshot from the link quoting your president and his spokesman:

image.thumb.jpeg.2056711e0b4f0d5a1b659519dd0806b9.jpeg

Clearly you aren't getting it. I will try one more time.

Fang Fang is a Communist Chinese national. A Chinese government spy.

Elaine Chao is a Taiwan-born American citizen who has served as a Cabinet Secretary in two different administrations. She is also a businesswoman, who like tens of thousands of other business people does business with China.

Get it?

51 minutes ago, Vessey said:

Reading all this with bewilderment!

What have I learned?  That 'our side' always tells the truth, 'your side' always tells lies! 🤣

We clearly have a lot to be grateful for on our side of the 'pond'! 😂

movie-eating-popcorn.gif.810a339460c9f12ccf14b8c8bbdef678.gif

Spot on - that is exactly the problem...why do I need to pick a side? The truth will out. 

• Members

In addition to hearing about Trump's soon to be four indictments every day between now and next November, I want to hear about Corrupt Clarence every single day, too.

Dems revive calls for Clarence Thomas resignation after new report

As the high court continues to see record-low public approval and a Democratic-led effort to impose ethics reforms, ProPublica reported Thursday that wealthy benefactors have gifted Thomas at least 38 destination vacations, 26 private jet flights, multiple VIP passes to sporting events and two resort stays during his time on the court — a higher number of billionaire benefactors than was previously reported. Ethics experts, ProPublica reported, said the failure to disclose travel and sports could amount to a legal violation.

I figure Corrupt Clarence is worth two Special Counsels and one high tech impeachment.

One Special Prosecutor for Corrupt Clarence, and one for his democracy loathing wife.  Since they share far right extremist views, I'd be okay with them sharing one Special Counsel, I guess.  But the impeachment belongs to Corrupt Clarence alone.

Meanwhile, the kingpin of the Biden Crime Family, Joe, is known for having dinner at Cafe Milano, shaking hands, writing nice one sentence notes, and even truly evil shit like talking on speakerphone.  Still no evidence of a $5 million bribe, though.  Or any favors that impacted any actual policy.

The Republicans will clearly be focused on Hunter until Election Day.  Even though they have no trust for Trump-appointed Weiss.  Who we were told in 2018 shared Trump's  "vision for Making America Safe Again."  What is it with these Trump Judases like Weiss, Pence, and Christie?  Can't we trust anyone anymore?

I'm fine with picking on Hunter.  He deserves it for being an influence peddling shit.  But Corrupt Clarence, who actually can and does influence government policy, deserves it even more.  (I'm of course leaving out Billion Dollar Boy Wonder Jared and China Money Whore Ivanka, since their corruption at least can no longer influence US foreign or domestic policy.)

Thomas has highest unfavorability on Supreme Court: Poll

All three Democrats have net favorable ratings, topped by Sotomayer with +14 net favorable.  Thomas comes in last, even behind Kavanaughty, at -11 negative.  Only good news in that for Corrupt Clarence is that Trump is even less popular.  And even more corrupt.

It's time for a high tech impeachment of a corrupt extremist judge who is wildly unpopular because he is a national disgrace.

A popularity poll for the Supreme Court (or any particular justice) is about as meaningful as a pimple on the butt of a camel.

It's a job for life. Get over it. Clarence Thomas will be there for as long as he desires. He is not going anywhere. At least while Corrupt Joe Biden is in the White House. 

And speaking of corruption, the band-aid is about to be peeled off on the corruption of the Biden crime family now that impeachment articles have been filed against the senile old man and Hunter is on the cusp of an indictment.

• Members
13 hours ago, stevenkesslar said:

In addition to hearing about Trump's soon to be four indictments every day between now and next November, I want to hear about Corrupt Clarence every single day, too.

Dems revive calls for Clarence Thomas resignation after new report

I figure Corrupt Clarence is worth two Special Counsels and one high tech impeachment.

One Special Prosecutor for Corrupt Clarence, and one for his democracy loathing wife.  Since they share far right extremist views, I'd be okay with them sharing one Special Counsel, I guess.  But the impeachment belongs to Corrupt Clarence alone.

Meanwhile, the kingpin of the Biden Crime Family, Joe, is known for having dinner at Cafe Milano, shaking hands, writing nice one sentence notes, and even truly evil shit like talking on speakerphone.  Still no evidence of a $5 million bribe, though.  Or any favors that impacted any actual policy.

The Republicans will clearly be focused on Hunter until Election Day.  Even though they have no trust for Trump-appointed Weiss.  Who we were told in 2018 shared Trump's  "vision for Making America Safe Again."  What is it with these Trump Judases like Weiss, Pence, and Christie?  Can't we trust anyone anymore?

I'm fine with picking on Hunter.  He deserves it for being an influence peddling shit.  But Corrupt Clarence, who actually can and does influence government policy, deserves it even more.  (I'm of course leaving out Billion Dollar Boy Wonder Jared and China Money Whore Ivanka, since their corruption at least can no longer influence US foreign or domestic policy.)

Thomas has highest unfavorability on Supreme Court: Poll

All three Democrats have net favorable ratings, topped by Sotomayer with +14 net favorable.  Thomas comes in last, even behind Kavanaughty, at -11 negative.  Only good news in that for Corrupt Clarence is that Trump is even less popular.  And even more corrupt.

It's time for a high tech impeachment of a corrupt extremist judge who is wildly unpopular because he is a national disgrace.

Earlier this year (May 2023) Lindsey Graham claimed the focus on Clarence Thomas is an unethical initiative by the Dems to delegitimize a conservative court.  But by now isn't it clear Uncle Thomas is largely responsible for the fall in the Court's reputation?

I'm not waiting for LindseyBelle to chime in again anytime soon, at least not until he learns his fate in Fulton County, whether he is indicted or is an unindicted co-conspirator in the Grand Jury election fraud case.

Since that news may come soon (this week?) ol' Lindsey will need to check his hair and makeup for another turn on Fox, for more spin.

Frankly, I'm not as focused on Clarence and Lindsey though.

Rather, I'm excited to see The Donald have his mug shot and fingerprints taken before appearing in court, in Fulton County:judge:

• Members
4 hours ago, Pete1111 said:

Rather, I'm excited to see The Donald have his mug shot and fingerprints taken before appearing in court, in Fulton County:judge:

This thread is just about six months old.  It's interesting that the indictments started with the weakest one and have now, in effect, saved the best for last. 

The Jan. 6th indictment is about a complicated conspiracy centered on Trump.  But the picture most Americans have in their mind is MAGA supporters jubilantly and patriotically breaking the skulls and bones of police defending democracy.  It's in large part about the ugliness, lies, and divisiveness of many of Trump's MAGA followers.

This next one is all about Trump, Trump, and Trump.   Donald Trump's lies.  Donald Trump's corruption.  Donald Trump's loathing of democracy.

You can hate a conservative Republican Governor and a conservative Republican Secretary of State for defending democracy.  And some MAGA extremists will.  Raffensberger and his family will probably get more death threats.  But most Americans will hear the clear smoking gun, the clear lies, and the clear contempt for democracy.  Play the tape every day between now and Election Day.  And, yes, do the Divine Miss Graham's hair up so she looks pretty when she defends her actions.  If that's possible.  😯

I know this is a thread on Trump's indictments.  But I'm glad Democrats won't be talking about that.  They'll be talking about this instead.

FnZxqZSWYAAeOwZ.jpg

Democrats’ climate law set off a wave of energy projects in GOP districts. A backlash followed.

While Trump is talking about stealing votes in Georgia and how he really, truly, awfully really, definitely, for sure thought he won the 2020 election, let Democrats debate how many jobs they created in red states.  Did I mention unemployment is at a 50 year low?  Did I mention how the "misery index" is lower than when Biden beat Trump?  Let's talk about that while Trump defends his sorry lying corrupt ass.

That article is actually a very nice summary of the complex political dynamics.  Money flowing into deindustrialized and rural areas.  Republicans who hate the law but love the global investment in America and US factory jobs it's creating.  Michigan residents arguing that, uh, what's good for Ford Motor and Michigan factory jobs is good for the Communist Party of China. That's at least an honest debate.

Democrats crushed it in Michigan last year on a platform of making government work for people and defending our rights.  This will help Biden win Michigan in 2024, fair and square.

• Members
On 8/13/2023 at 1:33 PM, stevenkesslar said:

This thread is just about six months old.  It's interesting that the indictments started with the weakest one and have now, in effect, saved the best for last. 

The Jan. 6th indictment is about a complicated conspiracy centered on Trump.  But the picture most Americans have in their mind is MAGA supporters jubilantly and patriotically breaking the skulls and bones of police defending democracy.  It's in large part about the ugliness, lies, and divisiveness of many of Trump's MAGA followers.

This next one is all about Trump, Trump, and Trump.   Donald Trump's lies.  Donald Trump's corruption.  Donald Trump's loathing of democracy.

You can hate a conservative Republican Governor and a conservative Republican Secretary of State for defending democracy.  And some MAGA extremists will.  Raffensberger and his family will probably get more death threats.  But most Americans will hear the clear smoking gun, the clear lies, and the clear contempt for democracy.  Play the tape every day between now and Election Day.  And, yes, do the Divine Miss Graham's hair up so she looks pretty when she defends her actions.  If that's possible.  😯

I know this is a thread on Trump's indictments.  But I'm glad Democrats won't be talking about that.  They'll be talking about this instead.

FnZxqZSWYAAeOwZ.jpg

Democrats’ climate law set off a wave of energy projects in GOP districts. A backlash followed.

While Trump is talking about stealing votes in Georgia and how he really, truly, awfully really, definitely, for sure thought he won the 2020 election, let Democrats debate how many jobs they created in red states.  Did I mention unemployment is at a 50 year low?  Did I mention how the "misery index" is lower than when Biden beat Trump?  Let's talk about that while Trump defends his sorry lying corrupt ass.

That article is actually a very nice summary of the complex political dynamics.  Money flowing into deindustrialized and rural areas.  Republicans who hate the law but love the global investment in America and US factory jobs it's creating.  Michigan residents arguing that, uh, what's good for Ford Motor and Michigan factory jobs is good for the Communist Party of China. That's at least an honest debate.

Democrats crushed it in Michigan last year on a platform of making government work for people and defending our rights.  This will help Biden win Michigan in 2024, fair and square.

Tis true.  Though the context has evolved, the original post was a worthy question and remains an important topic that's been continually debated in the media.

IMO, one applicable argument across all the indictments since @Luckys post is the scenario that

when the justice system ignores criminal activity because the President was involved

it invites the same criminal activity or worse under future election cycles and/or future administrations.

I agree, (probably because I've read your posts), that Democrats need to talk about other things such as the economy, jobs, energy projects, other infrastructure projects and so on.  And it seems Biden is doing that.

But I expect the Fulton County indictments will bring a final blow, that will get discussed a lot, especially how Trump's crimes affected people like Ruby Freeman and Shaye Moss.  Their case is going to look undeniably bad for Trump.  

From how I understand the law in Georgia, people are going to serve time in jail if they don't flip on Trump.

Back before any of the indictments, some of the talking heads speculated that Fulton County is where Trump will fall.  Of course not everyone agrees and maybe I'm swept up in the drama, but to me it seems that the Trump team knows from Fulton County, if they don't win in 2024, he's fucked.

AnnualConfusedAardwolf-size_restricted.g

• Members
4 hours ago, Pete1111 said:

IMO, one applicable argument across all the indictments since @Luckys post is the scenario that

when the justice system ignores criminal activity because the President was involved

it invites the same criminal activity or worse under future election cycles and/or future administrations.

This is the key point I can't get around.

I've ended several close friendships because I just didn't see how Republican friends could rationalize these things away.  I listen to very smart Republican consultants I respect, like Whit Ayres, saying correctly that getting your mind around the idea that Trump is a pathological liar is just a bridge too far for most Trump voters.  And I get it, at least intellectually

For me, the easiest "shoe on the other foot" argument is that Bill Clinton was a a serial predator rapist.  And, by the way, what part of rape do you not understand?  What part of predator do you not understand?  Do you understand that this predatory shit named Bill Clinton, who was YOUR depraved predator rapist POTUS for eight horrible years, is a rapist?  And, let me ask again, do you understand what a rapist predator like Bill Clinton is, and does?  Because if you understand that, how can you fucking moralize about Trump, you fucking hypocrite?

At its best, that's the argument that some Trump supporters have made to me.  And they have a point. No Democrat should defend what Bill Clinton did, or want more of it.  But that hardly makes "grab her by the pussy" defensible, either.

But, to @Lucky's point, that whole "grab her by the pussy" or, to be inclusive, "Suck my cock, Monica" thing is so FIRST indictment.  We're now well beyond that.  We're now at lying about losing a Presidential election.  We're now at a conspiracy to illegaly retain power.  Death threats to Republicans leaders, and their families, who tell the truth about who won.  Inciting mobs to shit on Nancy Pelosi's floor and break the bones of lots of cops because that's just the kind of shit we MAGA folk do to defend our country. 

That actually is worse than raping a woman, I think.  It's one thing to fuck over a woman.  It's another thing to fuck over a nation, and a democracy.

So I can't get beyond the fact that these MAGA folk, who believe in this dark vision of America, just need to lose.  I could give a flying fuck how old Biden is.  He has done a good job, in my view.  So I think he deserves to win again, anyway.  But even if I were unclear about that, the idea that we're going to reward and elevate a moral worm like Trump is just very very wrong.  And calling him a worm is polite.  Because worms aren't intentional about being worms.  Trump is intentional about everything evil he does.

Bill Clinton hasn't been President for 22 years. Hillary Clinton has never been president. Hunter Biden has never been president. 

Trump was a president 3 years ago and is trying to be president again. A jury has said he is a rapist and other juries soon will likely confirm that again. He's also a liar, a bully, a misogynist, a racist, anti-LGBTQ+, a white supremacist and a sociopath. I have no patience for Trump supporters "whataboutism's", this is who Trump is. The claims Biden or the DoJ are out to get him is complete rubbish. Grand Juries are "we the people" and it is they that say if there's evidence to support indictments. Trump was also involved in over 4000 court actions before he even ran for office so don't tell me its political rather than Trump being a career criminal. 

Trump and his cult are taking the US to a political precipice it may not survive in its current state. If Trump survives the indictments and somehow becomes president again then the next 4 years are going to be zero progress and 4 years of revenge, mostly on innocent people simply doing the job they've been given or elected to do. If Trump goes to jail, or loses then the Maga cult are not going to accept that and there will be blood. 

8 hours ago, forky123 said:

Bill Clinton hasn't been President for 22 years. Hillary Clinton has never been president. Hunter Biden has never been president. 

Trump was a president 3 years ago and is trying to be president again. A jury has said he is a rapist and other juries soon will likely confirm that again. He's also a liar, a bully, a misogynist, a racist, anti-LGBTQ+, a white supremacist and a sociopath. I have no patience for Trump supporters "whataboutism's", this is who Trump is. The claims Biden or the DoJ are out to get him is complete rubbish. Grand Juries are "we the people" and it is they that say if there's evidence to support indictments. Trump was also involved in over 4000 court actions before he even ran for office so don't tell me its political rather than Trump being a career criminal. 

Trump and his cult are taking the US to a political precipice it may not survive in its current state. If Trump survives the indictments and somehow becomes president again then the next 4 years are going to be zero progress and 4 years of revenge, mostly on innocent people simply doing the job they've been given or elected to do. If Trump goes to jail, or loses then the Maga cult are not going to accept that and there will be blood. 

Just to be clear, Donald Trump is: a rapist, a liar, a misogynist, a racist, anti-LGBTQ+, a white supremacist, and a sociopath.
Yet, according to the the RealClearPolitics poll of polls, Trump is in a statistical tie (0.3%) with the dementia-ridden, most corrupt President in the history of the USA.
And given the media bias, if the polls show they are tied, Trump is probably ahead by 5 or 6 points.

https://www.realclearpolitics.com/epolls/2024/president/us/general-election-trump-vs-biden-7383.html

So either:
1. You are wrongly mistaken about President Trump.
2. You are wrongly mistaken about Xiden.
3. Half of this country's voting age population is delusional.

So which is it?

18 minutes ago, EmmetK said:

Just to be clear, Donald Trump is: a rapist, a liar, a misogynist, a racist, anti-LGBTQ+, a white supremacist, and a sociopath.
Yet, according to the the RealClearPolitics poll of polls, Trump is in a statistical tie (0.3%) with the dementia-ridden, most corrupt President in the history of the USA.
And given the media bias, if the polls show they are tied, Trump is probably ahead by 5 or 6 points.

https://www.realclearpolitics.com/epolls/2024/president/us/general-election-trump-vs-biden-7383.html

So either:
1. You are wrongly mistaken about President Trump.
2. You are wrongly mistaken about Xiden.
3. Half of this country's voting age population is delusional.

So which is it?

Option 1 - Nope

Option 2 - Said very little about Biden so nope

Option 3 - Definitely. You forgot Unpatriotic.

18 minutes ago, EmmetK said:

Glad to see you're accepting the truth at last.

• Members

Trump indictment forces a GOP reckoning on 2020

“This is Politics 303: Mind Games and How Campaigns Fuck With Other Campaigns,” said Dave Carney, a New Hampshire-based Republican strategist. “You do something, you make an announcement — they’re just trying to dominate the news going into the debate and get everyone to defend him.”

But, Carney said, it’s a terrible position to be in for anyone trying to win 2024 for Republicans. “If our party is talking about 2020, we’re going to lose,” he said.

d2f109690506b228ab1ac0b741ede218.gif

yes-please-498-x-498-gif-j278agpfcglpx5s

They can keep the initials but Truth Social really needs renaming Trump Shit.

Already cancelled, as his lawyers told him it was a terrible idea, but it will be interesting what garbage has been dredged up as "proof" that has never been thrown out of court before. It gives Trump supporters something to latch on to while Trump et al attempt to destroy the US legal system with threats and intimidation.

image.thumb.png.d4f178a45a6b3ac28e5fcc954e1425e1.png

6 hours ago, forky123 said:

They can keep the initials but Truth Social really needs renaming Trump Shit.

Already cancelled, as his lawyers told him it was a terrible idea, but it will be interesting what garbage has been dredged up as "proof" that has never been thrown out of court before. It gives Trump supporters something to latch on to while Trump et al attempt to destroy the US legal system with threats and intimidation.

image.thumb.png.d4f178a45a6b3ac28e5fcc954e1425e1.png

I hope he keeps posting. You just know at some point the judges in his cases (note: plural!), will get tired of his interference, and send him to the pokey!  Would also like to be there when they take his mug shot. Can I please, please, please be the one to tell him to wash the makeup from his face so we can see the Real Donald??

27 minutes ago, KeepItReal said:

I hope he keeps posting. You just know at some point the judges in his cases (note: plural!), will get tired of his interference, and send him to the pokey!  Would also like to be there when they take his mug shot. Can I please, please, please be the one to tell him to wash the makeup from his face so we can see the Real Donald??

The problem is that someone, likely more than one, is going to die due to the rhetoric he is using. In all likelihood it will be an innocent party either due to mistaken identity or someone who has simply done their civic duty. Trump only cares about one person, Trump. He doesn't care who gets hurt as long as he can carry on his crime spree. His supporters are lunatic enough to help him out and stupid enough that anyone could get hurt in the process.

It seems funny in all this that no one seems to be claiming Trump is innocent. Instead there are simply excuses why it's free speech, he's immune from prosecution, Hunter Biden did worse, or whatever. One thing Trump is an example of is a good reason for the 2nd amendment. 

2 hours ago, forky123 said:

Georgia Republican lawmaker moves to impeach Trump prosecutor Fani Willis | Georgia | The Guardian

If you believe someone is innocent, why go to such extreme measures to disrupt justice?

Maybe because her weaponizing of the Fulton County DA's office for political reasons is not only ethically wrong, but patently illegal.

It's about time the overwhelmingly GOP Georgia legislature woke up. Don't know if they have the votes needed to impeach WIllis, but they definitely have the votes to defund her agency. Try to follow thru with this fake political prosecution when your agency has no funds.

Only an imbecile or extreme partisan would say she was only doing her job. Crossing state lines to bolster her false charges proves she is not working as a COUNTY DA. 

Too bad that Booty willis isn't spending as much time on her crime-laden Fulton County as she is on politicizing on the false voter fraud charges against Trump and associates. I'm sure that is what her constituents THOUGHT she would be doing rather than wasting their taxpayer dollars on hyping and funding her next election. I personally hope that this grandstanding will come back and bite her in her ample butt. The good news for the taxpayers of Fulton County is that the DA's office will soon be defunded. Every taxpayer in Fulton County should get a check in the mail.

What a pathetic record from this TDS deranged slime! 

The fruits of Affirmative Action are there for all to see. Yet more 'progressivism' at work in a once great nation.

A liberal using the words law and order?  lol. Now that is funny!