thenewworld009

Best GoGo Bar

Overall I suspect for the majority of us, the cost of accommodation is a lesser expenditure item. For my trips to Thailand  the cost of boys is my biggest budget, ahead of hotels, airfares, drink, food and transportation. I like to stay in lower cost hotels (in Pattaya, BT area or the Complex) but selecting the better room options.

Over the years I have found boys to be lazy when it comes to walking . Typically after offing in Sunee their reaction to the suggestion to walk to my hotel in BT would be that it’s too far and that we should go by motor bike. The same would apply to the distance from the Complex to the gay beach. Their preference is nearly always to take motor bikes or taxis rather than baht buses.  
Going back to the subject of this thread and thinking of my next trip in early September, any opinions as to the best gogo for twinks in Pattaya, or has the momentum shifted more towards the Complex or online (Grindr / Romeo) since I was last there 6 months ago ?. 

1 hour ago, Travellerdave said:

Over the years I have found boys to be lazy when it comes to walking .

Not that I disagree but I have impression that they are not as bad as we think. Last trip I was domesticated at Quarter SalaDaeng ( former Siri Sathorn) for 9 days, quite a walk from the scene and there was no problem walking them there or walking them from there to say Sizzler  on Silom. 

I really loved Quarter Saladaeng. I like the set-up of the dining room and I enjoyed very satisfying buffet breakfasts. In fact when I stayed in a hotel out of town I would sometimes make a trip there for breakfast (200 baht).

It is quite a distance from the bars and I can understand that some of the boys would insist on a taxi or motorbike, to save time if nothing else.

May I ask if you had to pay at the reception to take a boy back to your room?

3 hours ago, Kiwi306 said:

I really loved Quarter Saladaeng. I like the set-up of the dining room and I enjoyed very satisfying buffet breakfasts. In fact when I stayed in a hotel out of town I would sometimes make a trip there for breakfast (200 baht).

It is quite a distance from the bars and I can understand that some of the boys would insist on a taxi or motorbike, to save time if nothing else.

May I ask if you had to pay at the reception to take a boy back to your room?

From Aug 1st price of heir excellent breakfast buffet rises to 229. Warning of rise  was posted in July.

No problem whatsoever with visitors , day or night. Nobody cared.

Motorbike taxi to or from Silom 20 baht but it,s not that long walk. Senso is half way.

2 hours ago, vinapu said:

From Aug 1st price of heir excellent breakfast buffet rises to 229. Warning of rise  was posted in July.

No problem whatsoever with visitors , day or night. Nobody cared.

Motorbike taxi to or from Silom 20 baht but it,s not that long walk. Senso is half way.

Thanks for that. Yes, it is an easy walk, but I ended up spending a few nights at Quarter Silom as it was a lot closer. I enjoyed both hotels. 

13 hours ago, Kiwi306 said:

Thanks for that. Yes, it is an easy walk, but I ended up spending a few nights at Quarter Silom as it was a lot closer. I enjoyed both hotels. 

Quarter Silom has excellent location but I personally don,t like it much, rooms are small and price high. The same goes for another new hotel - Ibis Styles on Silom.