vaughn

Cheer and moaning in land of smiles - 2023 trip report

4 hours ago, vaughn said:

.... then he asks to exchange line and i reluctantly add him knowing it's just going to be money requests later. The moment after i leave the shop my phone is blowing up with i love you, what you do later, all kinds of love bombing emojis.

I don't have love on the mind so i decide to ignore the messages, well that just makes it worse apparently, now its turned to 'why dont you reply, why dont you love me, am i bitch', it goes on....

Believe me , I feel your pain having the same from one of Bkk masseurs. To make things worse , I genuinely like him, even offed him few times but all that bombarding with 'I miss you , have you eaten yet  /" etc  made me almost suicidal or murderous.

I guess it's his way of showing gratitude but as my friend  familiar with that issue said ' he is not helping his case" Sadly he is right. It's idiotic situation for me when in Bangkok. I miss the guy and still do my best not to pass by his shop in case he sees me. 

7 hours ago, vinapu said:

Believe me , I feel your pain having the same from one of Bkk masseurs. To make things worse , I genuinely like him, even offed him few times but all that bombarding with 'I miss you , have you eaten yet  /" etc  made me almost suicidal or murderous.

I guess it's his way of showing gratitude but as my friend  familiar with that issue said ' he is not helping his case" Sadly he is right. It's idiotic situation for me when in Bangkok. I miss the guy and still do my best not to pass by his shop in case he sees me. 

Maybe we should just change our line display names to 'not looking for bf, no money', maybe that could help haha.

It is a pain though, i'll be back in pattaya again very soon and i like Soda massage... i'm sure this story hasn't concluded yet 

43 minutes ago, vaughn said:

I decided to try Copa Hotel for a change in Boyztown, overall I was happy with the experience. I'm wondering if any of the Boyztown hotels have rooms with a balcony where I don't need to go downstairs to have a cigarette, suggestions welcome if anyone has a tip on that?

top floors , so called penthouse rooms at Copa and Ambiance and all rooms with balcony or terrace at Classrooms

We bought our breakfasts. I liked the croissants from Friendship Supermarket, the fruit was available everywhere as was decent (if not exemplary) orange juice. The only minus was the instant coffee in the rooms. However, even in the best hotels we've stayed-in, breakfast coffee is, well, breakfast coffee rather than fresh.

Speaking of which, on our first post-Covid visit to Agate the restaurant wasn't open and so we breakfasted in Zing. The coffee there was the best I've had in Thailand for years. Why? simple....we were the only customers in the early morning  and so the the coffee was brewed just for us. Charming waitress, too.

On 10/10/2023 at 8:01 PM, Londoner said:

The penthouse rooms at Ambiance are the best rooms we've ever had in Thailand. Taking breakfast in the morning sun with a view of the sea and at night watching the action below....I wish I was there!

Hi Londoner, do all of the Ambiance rooms with a balcony have an 'open-plan' balcony / terrace like this picture (i.e. accessible / viewable from other adjacent rooms)? The assumption this is the case generally put me off staying there previously, as I prefer more privacy. I normally stay at / enjoy the Classroom Hotel and their good sized and private terraces.

Screenshot 2023-10-12 02.39.42.png

On 10/10/2023 at 1:54 PM, vinapu said:

top floors , so called penthouse rooms at Copa and Ambiance and all rooms with balcony or terrace at Classrooms

Thank you kindly, I just needed to look up from my peasant floors it seems haha.

I did see that area at the top of Ambiance from my room at Copa, I assumed it was a restaurant because of no dividers between the rooms, today I learned.

5 hours ago, Aux1010 said:

Hi Londoner, do all of the Ambiance rooms with a balcony have an 'open-plan' balcony / terrace like this picture (i.e. accessible / viewable from other adjacent rooms)? The assumption this is the case generally put me off staying there previously, as I prefer more privacy. I normally stay at / enjoy the Classroom Hotel and their good sized and private terraces.

Screenshot 2023-10-12 02.39.42.png

Some years ago I considered booking their Penthouse room but the shared terrace completely put me off , Every guest might stroll near my room is making it no privacy  at all.

is not that bad, few years ago I observed my birthday in very room in front of which pics above was taken. Sure you won't have much privacy on verandah but if you draw the curtains you are safe in the room. And lets be honest , other guests will be doing exactly the same you will so their time to spy on you will be very limited.

16 hours ago, Aux1010 said:

do all of the Ambiance rooms with a balcony have an 'open-plan' balcony / terrace like this picture (i.e. accessible / viewable from other adjacent rooms)? 

Yes, as others have noted. the rooms all share the balcony and each one has its own table and chairs where we'd breakfast. Copa is much the same but there are only four (?) penthouse rooms. One advantage Copa has is that it doesn't get the glare of the afternoon  sun, something that can be extreme at Ambiance.

It is true that curtains need to be drawn-  Ambiance's are thick and luxurious- for privacy. A neighbour forgot this one early evening,  allowing us to see him and his partner in flagrante delicto as we went to dinner. And very cute his visitor was....at least as I far as I could see from the rear. 

1 hour ago, Londoner said:

A neighbour forgot this one early evening,  allowing us to see him and his partner in flagrante delicto as we went to dinner. And very cute his visitor was....at least as I far as I could see from the rear. 

Mr London, you D.O.M! I am shocked. 555