asdsrfr

Brazil Visa Requirement Postponed Again

• Members

Haha, I knew this was going to happen. Lula didn't want to be the reason that tourism took a hit during the busy summer season. He should just scrap the stupid thing and fix the reason the U.S. and Canada won't reciprocate visa-free travel.

• Members
5 hours ago, bcdaron said:

Haha, I knew this was going to happen. Lula didn't want to be the reason that tourism took a hit during the busy summer season. He should just scrap the stupid thing and fix the reason the U.S. and Canada won't reciprocate visa-free travel.

Oh oh, now you’ve gone and done it, insinuating that Brazil travel should be on anyone’s event horizon when horned up punters might actually be better off chemically castrated, lobotomies enforced on those claiming capacity for judicious and objective risk assessment and management. 

why does Lula want to re-introduce this requirement in the first place? 

Rich countries require visa from less developed countries is reasonable, not vice versa. I do not believe this is a the real reason for his behavior 

• Members
4 hours ago, babybear2 said:

why does Lula want to re-introduce this requirement in the first place? 

Rich countries require visa from less developed countries is reasonable, not vice versa. I do not believe this is a the real reason for his behavior 

I guess it is shocking and hard to process for some inhabitants of rich countries that they are not as wanted in less developed countries as they think they should be. 

• Members

Judging by a lot of the obsessing here about trade rates, it’s the garotos that will bear the brunt at point of programa as outraged punters seek to compensate for 400 reais grudgingly ponied up when it amounts to an exorbitant 40 per year for the lifespan of the pass. So embarrassing to be lumped into a category so determined to uphold a tourist stereotype. 

5 hours ago, babybear2 said:

Rich countries require visa

I can see it for the States... but as a Canadian, I just can't see Canada becoming a destination for economic or other migrants from Brazil. People from hot countries hate Canadian winters and there aren't as many economic opportunities in Canada as there are in the States. It's also more expensive to live in Canada. I won't get into the cultural differences. Even people from the UK find Canada incredibly dull. (I used the UK because I don't think they should be casting stones. It's the land of my forefathers, but I'd rather go to almost any other country in Europe). Canada eliminated visas for Mexicans years ago and I don't think it's a big problem. Some Mexicans are flying to Canada and the illegally crossing the border in the US from there. But it's nothing compared to the illegal crossings on the southern border. On the other side, I don't see any benefit to Brazil to bring back the visa requirement except for childish pride.

5 hours ago, Latbear4blk said:

I guess it is shocking and hard to process for some inhabitants of rich countries that they are not as wanted in less developed countries as they think they should be. 

lol ,then do not postpone again and again, this only make the leadership looks weak

4 hours ago, xpaulo said:

I can see it for the States... but as a Canadian, I just can't see Canada becoming a destination for economic or other migrants from Brazil. People from hot countries hate Canadian winters and there aren't as many economic opportunities in Canada as there are in the States. It's also more expensive to live in Canada. I won't get into the cultural differences. Even people from the UK find Canada incredibly dull. (I used the UK because I don't think they should be casting stones. It's the land of my forefathers, but I'd rather go to almost any other country in Europe). Canada eliminated visas for Mexicans years ago and I don't think it's a big problem. Some Mexicans are flying to Canada and the illegally crossing the border in the US from there. But it's nothing compared to the illegal crossings on the southern border. On the other side, I don't see any benefit to Brazil to bring back the visa requirement except for childish pride.

In terms of getting a good salary, US is 10X better than Canada.

I do not think many Brazilians will want to stay illegally in Canada either, Canadian cannot save much money after tax and rent, which is a sad reality 

But who knows, Brazil is more than Sao Paulo and Rio. Tourists do not get to see the real poor areas of Brazil, they might want to migrate.

• Members
On 1/7/2024 at 12:08 PM, Latbear4blk said:

I don't let visa requirements deter me much if I really want to go somewhere, but they do for a lot of people, and in general I'll look at other countries first for anything more complicated than  an eVisa or visa on arrival. Requiring visas in advance for tourists from wealthier countries is simply shooting oneself in the foot. There is no rational reason to do so. The only country I can think of for which I'd be willing to go to the trouble of getting a visa in advance at this time is China, since it's a really large and unique country. Once we need a visa to Brazil, that might be the only other exception if they go through with their plans. Countries in gray require a visa in advance from US citizens:

image.png.51fbfc450f7b7f1616f033eb45649c28.png

When we (from the USA) previously had to obtain the 5-year visa to visit Brazil it was a minor hassle, but I don't think the requirement deterred anyone from the various gay forums or gay community from visiting.  

Over the years, I've had to obtain tourist visas in advance to visit some countries in addition to Brazil; includeig the USSR and China. I'd like to re-visit both, one day.

Spontaneously deciding to travel to where the in-advance visas are required is an option that'll disappear for some who are newbies to the process.

For me, someone who typically has a 10-day trip length timeframe, r/t airfares this USA Winter to Rio  from where I fly out of are approx. $1,800 - too high for me to justify when added to other travel costs.

• Members
On 1/7/2024 at 12:08 PM, Latbear4blk said:

I think it would be more accurate to say "it is shocking and hard to process for some inhabitants of less developed countries that they are not as wanted in rich countries as they think they should be." I think Brazil will figure that out with their travel statistics if they go through with their plans. I don't exactly remember the rationale at the time, but there was a year in the early 90s, I believe, in which France (but no other European country) required visas for US citizens. Tourism from the US plummeted by over 50%. I don't think the US has ever required the French to have visas in advance for tourist travel. 

• Members

There are a few common application errors made by minimally one-third, likely more, of applicants thus far that have stalled reinstated Brazil e-visa adjudication. Unlike some of the content here, tangential to the agenda of getting the task done, it is not mere speculation  They are mostly due to lack of logic on the part of applicants and the recent document requirement revision has not reconciled these oversights.

The key is to put oneself in the shoes of adjudicators assessing coherence between the regulations and how applicants organize the ask, that is, data format. Technically, there are some data components that are not required but folks are bitching about, as well as some essential components that some folks fail to think through. Some of these are alluded to in social media and one way to determine these ubiquitous mishaps is by contacting the data interface contractor and going over your data prior to formal application. Better yet, inquire about the predominance of failed input. The call centres are back up and running with often a CSR available within seconds. That said, you will obtain the needed advice if you know what questions to ask. No entity whatsoever has delineated the small-ish complete list of common mistakes, save for an American travel blogger that has come close with a 60-page document, bless him.

It’s a lot easier to get it right from the get go than struggle with delays wherein one has to rely on consular staff to relay to the contractor exactly what is wrong, then to the applicant, etc, the triangulated process making clear communication complicated. Whining about the hassle will only shut down that part of the brain charged with concrete problem-solving. 

• Members
4 hours ago, unicorn said:

I think it would be more accurate to say "it is shocking and hard to process for some inhabitants of less developed countries that they are not as wanted in rich countries as they think they should be." I think Brazil will figure that out with their travel statistics if they go through with their plans. I don't exactly remember the rationale at the time, but there was a year in the early 90s, I believe, in which France (but no other European country) required visas for US citizens. Tourism from the US plummeted by over 50%. I don't think the US has ever required the French to have visas in advance for tourist travel. 

Thank you for your unlimited wisdom, Superior Beings From Superior Countries. We are dying for welcoming you in our shitholes. 

• Members
1 hour ago, Latbear4blk said:

Thank you for your unlimited wisdom, Superior Beings From Superior Countries. We are dying for welcoming you in our shitholes. 

Excluding SARS-CoV-2 time frame wherein most deals were off for uncomplicated travel anywhere, Brazil has had an aggregate of all of two years of visa exemption across decades, hardly a meaningful duration and no appreciable difference in tourist stats June 2019 to March 2020, or 2022 -ish on. But when smoke is incessantly blown out of jackasses blighted by Dunning-Kruger it is bound to obscure the landscape of reality for themselves. 

• Members
9 minutes ago, bcdaron said:

You have to change that to an Argentinean flag if you want to get under Latbear4blk's skin lol

Well, Venezuela has got to be the most disastrous failure of a country on the planet. Despite one of the world's largest oil reserves, horrific corruption have led that country to be in a catastrophic economic situation. Yes, there are countries which are poorer, but none with such massive natural resources. What an outrageous, almost unbelievable fiasco. 

On 11/01/2024 at 15:42, unicorn said:

Penso que seria mais correcto dizer “é chocante e difícil de processar para alguns habitantes de países menos desenvolvidos que não sejam tão desejados nos países ricos como pensam que deveriam ser”. Acho que o Brasil descobrirá isso com suas estatísticas de viagens se seguir com seus planos. Não me lembro exactamente da razão na altura, mas houve um ano, no início dos anos 90, creio eu, em que a França (mas nenhum outro país europeu) exigiu vistos para cidadãos dos EUA. O turismo dos EUA despencou mais de 50%. Não creio que os EUA alguma vez tenham exigido que os franceses tivessem vistos antecipados para viagens turísticas. 

Dear xenophobe, stay there in your developed country and just jerk off

• Members
11 hours ago, Yago said:

Dear xenophobe, stay there in your developed country and just jerk off

It's obviously not xenophobic to point out what's simply a fact. Requiring visas in advance will reduce tourism from the country for whom the advanced visa is required. How much is a matter of debate, and obviously depends on which country, and which unique assets they may have. The intelligent thing for each country to do is to assess the cost of requiring the visa versus the risk or cost involved in possibly having citizens of the country overstaying their visa and possibly using the country's resources. That is the wise way to approach a visa policy. A policy of "We'll require a visa from any country which requires a visa from our citizens" is simply childish and self-defeating. Most countries understand that. We're now in Egypt. The US requires advanced visas from Egyptian citizens since a flood of Egyptians coming in ostensibly as tourists but staying and using resources would not be great for the US. Yet Egypt issues easy visas on arrival, $25 cash, and very much welcomes tourists from the US. 

When developing a visa policy, each country should decide what's wisest for that country. Wisest means rational rather than emotional thinking.