vinapu

Better to be retired than retarded - Thailand and Cambodia in January 2024. Trip report, brief but long.

5 minutes ago, forrestreid said:

Looking forward to this report Vinapu!

tell me something I don't know, lol

You will be mentioned in due course , rest assured. It was nice to meet and bar hop with you . In meantime here's day 1 

5 minutes ago, ichigo said:

Thank you for posting the beginnings of your report, looking forward to hearing the rest of it!

you were already primed when we dined together . Day 2 will arrive soon  

I noticed mistake in the tittle, should be 'better ' not " batter" , will ask Oz to correct

1 hour ago, vinapu said:

Day 1

That will be short one as I said arrived at 17.40. Immigration line was hair rising but speed was world beating. It was second longest I saw in BKK ever and still with all boths opened and personnel wisely directing internationals even to “ASEAN or Thai only” booths when they were free it moved shockingly fast.

By time I bought SIM card my luggage was out already and in exactly 75 minutes from plane touching tarmac I was already waiting for train at the platform.

Raya, where I opened door exactly 47 hours and 45 minutes after closing my home door,  was informed that I will miss previous night but at least room was waiting for me ( no refund for no show) so I unpacked , desoiled and went to 7/11 to buy some necessities in process took circular way through Thaniya and Patpong 2.

At 21.00 I was supposed to meet J, our member  at G’Bangkok , soi 4. As it happened his last day was mine first. So we caught on news and food and  being already in soi 4 we decided to go to Jupiter . On recent trips  somehow it’s always first bar I’m visiting. Due to esthetics as their boy collection  beats them all not a bad place to start.

I’m not being big fan of Jupiter due to their policy requiring boys to appear cold , aloof and uninterested. This of course changes right away after one invites boy to seat beside but still  I don’t like it as can’t gauge if g boy is treating me as transparent because I deserve or because boss told them so.

Of course looking at them during their walkouts is pure pleasure , smile or not. And soon after we sat down first round started. I tipped red note two of them including hero of my many stories and veteran of dozen if not more  offs over the years HC (Handsome Cambodian).

I did not count on anything other than may be nod and shy smile during next round acknowledging tip and my presence. But disappointingly during next walkabout I was still transparent air. There were few  smiles but not at me and not by me tippees .  That was bit discouraging and disappointing so  when J, who in meantime had some hunk  sitting beside  signaled he is ready to go I gladly went with them. This was my only visit at Jupiter this trip or as my father would say “ this trip I was there two times - first and last”.

Outside I wished guys fun , to J also safe trip home and we parted ways. I went to Moonlight hoping Y will be available but he was already booked to tonight so I secured his presence for tomorrow by slipping him and mamasan who leeched on me immediately remembering me very well from previous visits red note each and went to Hot Male beer bar where P was present so I offered him  a drink and in process asked about option of accompany me tonight.

He agreed but I sensed answer is kind of  suspended. On top of it , even it treated with drink , instead of keeping me company  he was constantly on the move here and there.  At some point when I noticed he is going to bar upstairs with some female patron I did one of best things this trip, right on the first evening – paid for both drinks and just took off.

As it was past midnight I decided to try my favorite corner in Bangkok at soi 6 and Suriwong. That the place where Tawan boys use to drink after bar closes. Tonight it was only D solitary drinking from small Hong Thong bottle. We meet many times in the past, now he is in bit less of shape but his skin is still as smooth as baby’s and  being late I made another best decision, drunk or not I asked if he wants to go with me.

Happy smile and nod. He wanted to ride his motorsai but I declined and we walked to Raya. Holly Molly, he was always quiet and bit reserved companion , very suitable for 1st night after long trip but not tonight.  I was hoping for pussy cat but instead  got lion, very sweet lion indeed. As close to boyfriend experience as one can dream about. It was almost shocking in a best sense.  I guess blend of being bit drunk and  probably not being offed   for some time contributed to that energy. What an introduction to Bangkok and a trip  and end of day 1 !!!

I was very pleased my last night overlapped with your first and we got chance for a good catch up.  You are the sage of Bkk wisdom with the perfect glass always half full approach to life.  I look forward to reading rest of your trip report and hope fate brings us back to Thailand at the same time once again

1 hour ago, vinapu said:

Tawan is more diversified now with few twinks in the rooster and one of them being only waiter drew my attention with his smile

I did not know this waiter was available! He was my favourite in the one time I went to Tawan.

Just now, ichigo said:

I did not know this waiter was available! He was my favourite in the one time I went to Tawan.

I did not know either but I did what all people who don't know do - I discretely asked and bingo !

Generally speaking all waiters in boy bars we frequent may be available. Sometimes only after bar closes but never hurts to ask and never hurts to have hope

3 minutes ago, vinapu said:

I did not know either but I did what all people who don't know do - I discretely asked and bingo !

Generally speaking all waiters in boy bars we frequent may be available. Sometimes only after bar closes but never hurts to ask and never hurts to have hope

Good to know for next time, thanks!

Another great trip report as always!

i am not surprised since it is coming from you. but it was such a pleasant surprise to see multiple posts within a couple of days.  readers used to have to wait for several hours or sometimes a few days between each installment on your previous trips. it must be retirement that made this difference. 

early retirement is my goal!

2 hours ago, 18past19 said:

Another great trip report as always!

i am not surprised since it is coming from you. but it was such a pleasant surprise to see multiple posts within a couple of days.  readers used to have to wait for several hours or sometimes a few days between each installment on your previous trips. it must be retirement that made this difference. 

early retirement is my goal!

Go on work until 70! 

4 hours ago, 18past19 said:

readers used to have to wait for several hours or sometimes a few days between each installment on your previous trips. it must be retirement that made this difference. 

spot on my friend, spot on plus I still  feel a bit jet laggy so have time in times when normally I'd be asleep.