Bipaulm

Advice please

I'm heading to Thailand this weekend, and wanted to check a few things that hopefully can be validated or otherwise. I have 2 days in Bangkok and 6 days in Pattaya.

I've made some connections on ThaiFriendly (boys and trans) - is it generally safe, accurate and reliable?

Fees seem to be around 2K to 4K for a long time - is that reasonable? One or two said 10K which seems high? Is it normal to tip on top and how much?

Are Gogo bars, massage places, sauna better than TF? Is Grindr good in Thailand?

Any quick recommendations of places for boys and ones for ladyboys in Bangkok and Pattaya?

If anyone fancies showing me around Bangkok and/or Pattaya I'd be most grateful - drinks on me!

I'm in my late 50s, in good shape and (I'm told) good looking. Asian boys and girls seem to like me in London! 

Sorry for all the questions! And thank you in advance for any help you can give.

6 hours ago, Bipaulm said:

Fees seem to be around 2K to 4K for a long time - is that reasonable? One or two said 10K which seems high? Is it normal to tip on top and how much?

4000 is on high end and rather in Bangkok , in Pattaya 3000 for long time is generous. Everything above  4000 is extortionate unless you really like the boy and he is not budging but that will be very rare and I'd say try somebody else. Good looks are no guarantee of good service but neither are  bad looks. Still must be some chemistry

13 hours ago, Bipaulm said:

I'm heading to Thailand this weekend, and wanted to check a few things that hopefully can be validated or otherwise. I have 2 days in Bangkok and 6 days in Pattaya.

I've made some connections on ThaiFriendly (boys and trans) - is it generally safe, accurate and reliable?

Are Gogo bars, massage places, sauna better than TF? Is Grindr good in Thailand?

Any quick recommendations of places for boys and ones for ladyboys in Bangkok and Pattaya?

If anyone fancies showing me around Bangkok and/or Pattaya I'd be most grateful - drinks on me!

I'm in my late 50s, in good shape and (I'm told) good looking. Asian boys and girls seem to like me in London! 

Sorry for all the questions! And thank you in advance for any help you can give.

Can't verify ThaiFriendly. Never used it.

Grindr is well used in BKK and Pattaya.

10k is way, way too high. Avoid these, clearly trying to rip you off.

If anyone asks, this isn't your first time in Bangkok ;)

Some folk are very trusting and don't think of this: Keep your valuables in the room safe when you invite someone to join you at your hotel, don't leave your phone and wallet on the side when you go to shower with them in the room - especially so if they're from Grindr, TF.

Enjoy and have fun!

On 3/6/2024 at 3:29 AM, Bipaulm said:

For boys in Pattaya there is Jomtien Complex aka Supertown with many host bars and massage shops.  ;  Boyztown (Toy Boy, Classic Boy, ABomb, XBoys and Dream Boys all go-go bars); Sunee Plaza (Winner Boys and Nice Boys, go-go bars). Also massage shops in vicinity of TukCom in Pattaya. 

Grindr is great in Bangkok... I made so many plans for visiting massage spas before my first time back in Thailand after many years in June 2023.  No plans were needed as either free sex or (mostly) paid sex was plentiful off Grindr. I'm 50 and a bottom.   I'm not really into ladyboys, so I'm not sure about them.  As for the paid hook ups it was pretty nearly always 2500 baht for two hours-ish for sucking and fucking, but I seemed to be finding an even bigger cocked guy each time, which I guess was my idea, and never lasted the two hours!  I was blown away by Thailand in my two trips last year...

Hope you all don't mind me jumping into this thread --- I'm making a first trip to Thailand in a couple months but will only have a week there. I'm white, 39 y/o, not interested in ladyboys. 

• Is it better to spend the time in Pattaya or Bangkok for a first trip?
  • I notice, from looking at photos online of some of the bars, Thai guys all seem to be heavily tattooed. Will I have any difficulty finding non-tattooed guys? 
  • Is it better to get a hotel or an AirBNB?

4 hours ago, Draden said:

• Is it better to spend the time in Pattaya or Bangkok for a first trip?   Bangkok
  • I notice, from looking at photos online of some of the bars, Thai guys all seem to be heavily tattooed. Will I have any difficulty finding non-tattooed guys?    No
  • Is it better to get a hotel or an AirBNB?  Hotel

Good luck!

For first timers Bangkok  should be definitely preferred option as there's plenty in Thailand apart from boys and bars  and country's charm is best explored in Bangkok. 

One should keep in mind that need to be entertained during day too, Pattaya has some options but not comparable to Bangkok.

41 minutes ago, vinapu said:

For first timers Bangkok  should be definitely preferred option as there's plenty in Thailand apart from boys and bars  and country's charm is best explored in Bangkok. 

One should keep in mind that need to be entertained during day too, Pattaya has some options but not comparable to Bangkok.

Thanks, vinapu!

19 hours ago, Draden said:

Hope you all don't mind me jumping into this thread --- I'm making a first trip to Thailand in a couple months but will only have a week there. I'm white, 39 y/o, not interested in ladyboys. 

• Is it better to spend the time in Pattaya or Bangkok for a first trip?
  • I notice, from looking at photos online of some of the bars, Thai guys all seem to be heavily tattooed. Will I have any difficulty finding non-tattooed guys? 
  • Is it better to get a hotel or an AirBNB?

I would go to Bangkok as a first timer. Bangkok is simply more fun. There are more sights to see, food to eat and plenty to explore. 

I find that most thai will have some tattoos but not all are heavily tattooed. Unless u totally can't accept any form of tattoos, otherwise u should have plenty of choices.

I find hotels in Bangkok are generally very affordable even around silom. Personally I would stay in a hotel rather than an Airbnb.

1 hour ago, Foolish said:

I would go to Bangkok as a first timer. Bangkok is simply more fun. There are more sights to see, food to eat and plenty to explore. 

I find that most thai will have some tattoos but not all are heavily tattooed. Unless u totally can't accept any form of tattoos, otherwise u should have plenty of choices.

I find hotels in Bangkok are generally very affordable even around silom. Personally I would stay in a hotel rather than an Airbnb.

Thanks, very helpful! (Not to sound super-weird or anything, but I do have a slight aversion to tattoos of any kind. But maybe this is just an opportunity to get over this affectation - ha!)

A couple other questions, if I may: 

1. I was never mpox vaccinated and, frankly, mpox is something I'd totally forgot about. Is this something I should do before going to Thailand? 

2. Curious - what is the preference people have for hotels over AirBNBs? 

3. Does anyone have experience with OneSpa? Most of my experience has been in Japan where they have browsable and bookable websites, so I kinda found that aspect of OneSpa appealing, but haven't seen much in reviews about them.

4. I've seen it recommended that you check IDs. Does that hold true for massage parlors, too? I don't have any issue doing that, just don't want to seem weird if this isn't customary because masseurs are already vetted or something. 

5. When a Thai guy indicates he's Vers does that really mean he's a Top and is just trying to expand his possible customer base and - when you get down to it - he's not gonna be interested in receiving? Or do they usually mean what they say? 

6. When a "minimum tip" is listed, what is the usual "actual" tip you should leave for good service? Say there's a "minimum tip" of 1200 baht but the service is good, what would be the expectation for "actual" tip? 

Sorry for so many questions! Thanks, in advance! 

15 hours ago, Draden said:

Is that because it's less busy / crowded / intense?

When I first came to Thailand over 20 years ago my friends and I began our adventures in Bangkok for a few days and then off to Patttaya which we enjoyed and never returned to Bangkok other than on rare occasions.  Just easier to get around Pattaya and cheaper!  

I must add a reflection on the Bangkok/Pattaya conundrum for newbies. 

For me, Pattaya would be a better place to start if "offing" is your prime purpose. It is smaller, though growing by the day, and I'd bet my bottom dollar that there are more willing professional guys per punter there, encouraged by-another guess of mine -  that more of them don't have day-jobs.

There's also Jomtien beach; not exactly Phi Phi but pleasant nowadays. It's  a good place to spend a sunset hour, as more and more people are discovering. My boyfriend and I ate in The Sandbar a couple of nights back- it also has a bar- and the scene on the promenade outside had an almost Mediterranean feel.

Some posters prefer BKK   because it has  many popular bars which offer the more manly type of guy,  in which case BKK is undoubtedly the better bet. But for twinks? and almost twinks? In my view, no contest.

By the way, Pattaya is, as Kokopelli says,  significantly cheaper. 

6 hours ago, Draden said:

2. Curious - what is the preference people have for hotels over AirBNBs?

Someone can correct me if I am wrong, but I believe it is illegal to rent condos for periods under 30 days? Not sure about other types of dwellings. And also not too sure how much it is enforced.

11 minutes ago, ichigo said:

Someone can correct me if I am wrong, but I believe it is illegal to rent condos for periods under 30 days? Not sure about other types of dwellings. And also not too sure how much it is enforced.

Yes, 28 days is the minimum stay in Bangkok province.