Olddaddy

Busy but not in JC

Went to a straight area last night in Soi Bukhao, 9pm and every bar was full.

One hour later and I had to settle on a Bolt motorbike taxi as every Grab/Uber/Bolt were busy ok it's Saturday night

Now I'm thinking after waiting so long for a Uber and seeing the busy Soi Bukhao areas that my intended destination the Jomtien complex would be pumping 

But....after arriving at the "Super walking street" it seems the only thing busy was the first restaurant on the right ?

Poisendon ? A lot of Thai /Asian guys maybe Chinese 

As for the rest of the bars 10pm on a Saturday night many had NO customers whatsover 

I was going to go into the Venue for their 10pm show but didn't want to be the only one in there 😂

It just shows the straight areas so busy and the gay scene..well what can I say 😲

Less boys around than say 10 years ago....please stop living in the past I say to myself 😊

28 minutes ago, Olddaddy said:

Less boys around than say 10 years ago....please stop living in the past I say to myself 😊

indeed, remember all we need is one bar and one boy in it as long as  he meets our specifications

44 minutes ago, vinapu said:

indeed, remember all we need is one bar and one boy in it as long as  he meets our specifications

Yes yes very true Vinapu 😂

2 hours ago, Keithambrose said:

Yes, OK, but I like a bit of atmosphere.  In Bangkok,  the Golden Cock, for example, in its glory days, lots of boys, in various stages of undress, some sitting on sofa, cocks out, a farang getting a blow job at the bar! 

and Golden Cock gave you somewhere to go early in the afternoon for a drink and some fun, didn't have to wait until 9-10pm.

9 hours ago, Olddaddy said:

Went to a straight area last night in Soi Bukhao, 9pm and every bar was full.

One hour later and I had to settle on a Bolt motorbike taxi as every Grab/Uber/Bolt were busy ok it's Saturday night

Now I'm thinking after waiting so long for a Uber and seeing the busy Soi Bukhao areas that my intended destination the Jomtien complex would be pumping 

But....after arriving at the "Super walking street" it seems the only thing busy was the first restaurant on the right ?

Poisendon ? A lot of Thai /Asian guys maybe Chinese 

As for the rest of the bars 10pm on a Saturday night many had NO customers whatsover 

I was going to go into the Venue for their 10pm show but didn't want to be the only one in there 😂

It just shows the straight areas so busy and the gay scene..well what can I say 😲

It was the twins, Es and Em's birthday at Poseidon. Not Chinese people. They invaded cocka2 bar afterwards, were our group of 10-12 were sat. 
You are correct that a lot of the complex was dead, and has been since the end of Songkran, but the well run bars are busy as usual. 

While I love low season, the Complex has lost 2 bars in the last 2 weeks (Lambada and BC Bar). It's likely they won't be the last to shut up shop. There simply isn't enough expats and/or tourists to support 30+ bars in the complex. 

2 hours ago, gayinpattaya said:

While I love low season, the Complex has lost 2 bars in the last 2 weeks (Lambada and BC Bar). It's likely they won't be the last to shut up shop. There simply isn't enough expats and/or tourists to support 30+ bars in the complex. 

I was in the Complex the other night and I noticed that DoubleShot was also closed.

Is it temporary or permanent?

6 hours ago, floridarob said:

and Golden Cock gave you somewhere to go early in the afternoon for a drink and some fun, didn't have to wait until 9-10pm.

fortunately now we have apps in our hour of need, not to mention massage places are everywhere

5 hours ago, kokopelli3 said:

Last night in Supertown, M Bar was very busy with many customers and boys. M Bar is not on the main soi in Supertown but on the next soi over, near Agate Hotel

Where is Supertown? 
I live in Jomtien, never heard of it. 

8 hours ago, floridarob said:

Good point!

1 hour ago, Keithambrose said:

Good point!

It was sleazy, sofas sticky, and handrail up to rooms was not attached to wall, but I had some fun there!

11 hours ago, bkkmfj2648 said:

Dolce_Vita_for_sale.jpg.03f7f920b19d8dc34362e1e60a6831c8.jpg

75000 baht rent per month 😯

2.5 million baht sale 

Doesn't say the profit though 

I guess you'd have to be working 24 hours to get it all back with a 3 year lease

On 5/5/2024 at 11:51 PM, gayinpattaya said:

Temporary. 

one more please.

I was at a birthday party last night and the conversation about all of the recent closures in the Complex came up.

Someone mentioned to add Dorothy's Showbar to the below list:

Lambada

BC

Dolce Vita

Dorothy's Showbar

😒😪

5 hours ago, Mavica said:

I took a good look at myself in the mirror this morning.  OMG!  Who the Hell is this guy?  Where did Mavica go?  6'2", 205 lbs., 36 waist.  The occasional brown spots from blood thinners. Oh, about to turn 75 in a couple of months!  Prompts me to express gratitude that anyone will warm my bed ... for pay, or ... not likely ... for free! Thanks for the memories!

I know 🤣 I know 

I do an hour a day in the gym and walking on the treadmill and still can't get rid of the belly !

I went to my GP back in Australia,a guy I have seen for the last 25 years expecting a sympathetic reply telling him I spend an hour a day on the treadmill and still have a big belly ! 😄 

"Basically....basically ..he said in his still strong Italian accent..basically ...you bloody eat too much !!!