abidismaili

Most gay Thai guys are not into Thai guys at all, only like Farang

My experience is that most Thai gay boys tell me they are not into guys of their own country at all. They like Farang only. Do they lie about that? But why? They know I am not looking for a relationship and that I go from one guy to the next (a few I keep among visits). I mean to say: There is no reason why they can not be honest to me about their preferences.

If they do not lie then it is a strange phenomenon. This must have meant that homosexuality did not exist really in Thailand before the arrival of gay Farang tourism. 

I mean the average gay in Thailand could find no-one he liked in 1900 AD. 

You believe them when they say this?

I have 2 friends that are in their 20's . Both really good looking, good jobs ext. I've asked them why they don't have boyfriends. They say they are not attracted to Asia guys. They like Westerners and they are hard to find for their age group. Abundance of us older guys, but they say the younger boyfriend material are usually just passing thru Bangkok.

there are many of them, of course. fedssocr was right about the self-selecting sample. You don't meet them because they do not frequent any af the venues where the farang hang out, like the whole Silom gay scene. Start with the saunas: Babylon has a mix of Thais and farang, and both go there to find the other. Conversely, Sauna Mania and R3 are almost exclusively Thai (or other Asian), but you can count the farangs in attendance on one hand, if any. As for nightlife, there is a whole gay bar and club scene around Ratchada where the thai-loving Thais go and hardly any farang even knows that exists (as the original post seems to prove). 

So like this it becomes more accurate:

most Thais WHO HANG OUT IN THE "FARANG AREAS"  are not into Thai guys at all, only like Farang

For the others there is the expression "sticky rice" which I'm sure you have heard before.

OK. I accept the self-selecting reason. But I do have one problem with it. The Thai boys we do meet are mostly into it for the money of course. You do not see the son of a millionaire there. And I am sure most do not really like a 50 or 60 year old Farang. So if money wins them over to be fucked by an old body, why can money not win over those gay Thais who like Thai guys????

The Thai boys we do meet are mostly into it for the money of course. ... And I am sure most do not really like a 50 or 60 year old Farang. So if money wins them over to be fucked by an old body, why can money not win over those gay Thais who like Thai guys????

money speaks but not always loudly enough.

I sometimes wonder if they are into it for money why they don't want long time for twice as much preferring short time  for much less or 1 hr over 2 hr massage course?

Why top boy doesn't  want to hear even about bottoming for any money on the first engagement but on second  or third seems to warm into idea? 

Why boys goes gladly into threesome  with guy from another bar but for no amount of money would go with co-worker?

and so on...

Money boys are not machines but men with their  feelings and idiosyncrasies, some do everything for money some have limits here and there just like all of us working people.

So if they are not into farangs they don't sell their wares to them.

Would we do everything at work our boss may ask us to do for any money? I'd never exchange vacation time for money but know many people who'd gladly do 

My experience is that most Thai gay boys tell me they are not into guys of their own country at all. They like Farang only. Do they lie about that?

If they are speaking only for themselves, then they have no reason to lie unless it's a money boy telling you what he thinks you want to hear.

Don't forget, not every gay or bisexual Thai boy in the whole country works in the bars or comes into contact with farang.  There are certainly plenty who don't work in the bars, have never seen the bars, and live in areas where if they even see farang, it's unusual.  Who, then, are they into?  Seems to me they are either into other Thais or they abstain from sex.  Which do you think it is?

I'm not going to get into the "It's all about money" debate.  That has been discussed on the boards more times over the years than Carter's has Little Liver Pills.  You either believe that's the case or you don't.  Nothing anyone says is going to change already made up minds. I'll leave that aspect of it to you gents.

Anyone who thinks Thai Gay Boys don't like Thais need to spend 6-7 hours in Siam Paragon where if your Gay Radar is working , you will see many Thai Gay Boys who have lots of money and could care less about farangs .  

In fact they are quite happy to talk with you but do not need your money.  Although I am not an expert on the Gay Discos in Bangkok, the same applies.

If someone spends most of their time in Pattaya or Soi  Twilight in Bangkok, they could easily get the wrong notion that most Thai Boys are Money Boys and have no interest in each other.

Just Ridiculous IMHO!

If someone spends most of their time in Pattaya or Soi  Twilight in Bangkok, they could easily get the wrong notion that most Thai Boys are Money Boys and have no interest in each other.

Just Ridiculous IMHO!

Absolutely right.  Not only that, but even plenty of money boys are also interested in each other.  Does anyone really think the first time these boys ever had sex it was with a farang, especially an aging farang, and they never had sex with anyone until they started working in the bars?

Even more ridiculous.

Guest tsubiboy29

Really? all the Thais I met in the past told me that they much prefer Asian boys than western guys. 

Wait, they could lie to me because I am Asian. Just wanted to make me feel special, maybe?

I am not sure if this is true. But I find most Asian fun-seekers (I am talking about those who seek fun in Thailand) are relatively younger than western guys. (pay sex or not). 

Either those boys you meet are among the few who really are into Farang or they have a hidden agenda.

Just have a look into a Thai for Thai gay sauna or disco, and you will see that is not true.

I have met a few Thai boys who are into Farang but not into Thai, this might apply to 5% of gay Thai boys.

Pro

I have met a few Thai boys who are into Farang but not into Thai, this might apply to 5% of gay Thai boys.

Probably near the same percentage of western young gay guys that prefer larger, older guys over guys their own age. I don't really mind If they prefer guys their own age, girls, ladyboys or whatever. As long as they can fake it for a few hours I am happy

Probably near the same percentage of western young gay guys that prefer larger, older guys over guys their own age

As far as I'm concerned, I couldn't care less who they prefer or what age group they prefer.  I've never even asked any of them.  If they're with me, they're with me by their own choice.  Nobody is twisting their arms or holding a gun to their heads. 

Whether it's for money and/or other reasons, it makes no difference to me.  I have a good time with the boys I see and they seem to have a good time with me.  If I ask them to come again, they always are happy to come again.  Often, they call me to ask if they can come.  What else really matters?

......by their own choice.  Nobody is twisting their arms or holding a gun to their heads. 

I think in some places they may be pressed by management to go with any client, it why I always  look for smile or at least eye contact to make sure he has some real or well faked  interest in  me.

I think in some places they may be pressed by management to go with any client

I believe in some bars it used to be like that, but I also believe that's a thing of the past.  I don't think the bars, with the possible exception of a very few, do that anymore.  I base that on having witnessed boys refusing an off and I've also had boys tell me they won't go with someone who is excessively drunk or is behaving like some kind of nut.  In other words, for the boys I believe it's an "up to you" whether they go with a customer. 

The boys also know most of the bars are in need of more boys.  If someone is trying to pressure them into going off with someone they don't want to go with, the easiest thing in the world for them would be to switch to another bar. 

Also, many boys are freelancers, meaning they're not actually employed by the bar, but work in the bar just to try to get an off.  As I understand it, some bars don't pay freelancers at all. Some give them about 100 baht on nights they show up to work.  I don't think there is any particular standard to how it works.  The point is freelancers are under no pressure at all.  I know one boy who has a regular job, but occasionally dances in the go-go bars when he wants to try to supplement his income a little bit.

I wish one of the boys who showed up at my house yesterday was one of them.  I had a plumbing problem caused by the city water company's equipment.  A team of 3 workers was sent over to repair the problem.  One of them was my idea of wow!  Unfortunately for me, when I was chatting with him it turns out he is married and has two daughters.  He didn't set off my gaydar at all.  Damn!

Guest frequentflier

I know many thai guys who have thai boyfriends and have no interest in farangs.Giving a choice they would go with a farang only for the money.

I base that on having witnessed boys refusing an off and I've also had boys tell me they won't go with someone who is excessively drunk or is behaving like some kind of nut.  In other words, for the boys I believe it's an "up to you" whether they go with a customer. 

Also, many boys are freelancers, meaning they're not actually employed by the bar,

I'm glad that is the case , bars should be taking care of their employees  and not force then to take any occasional loony which may show at  the door  .After all we don't know whom we are taking to the room but also boys are taking great risk going with strangers.

Although on personal level I'm not happy with your explanation due to incident I had at Tawan  in May when after arrangement was sealed off  all of the sudden boy announced that he must go with another customer. I was hoping his excuse was management pressure, now in view of what you said it looks he had greener pastures in mind.

As for freelancers - it explains why sometimes when arranging subsequent visits with the offed guys they insist  to give them off money so they will pay bar fines themselves ,even offering discount. Most likely they are pocketing money and simply  not showing at the bar for work that night. Not  a difference viewing from my pocket though.   

incident I had at Tawan  in May when after arrangement was sealed off  all of the sudden boy announced that he must go with another customer. I was hoping his excuse was management pressure, now in view of what you said it looks he had greener pastures in mind.  

That's possible and if that's what he did, it doesn't make much sense.  This is the first time I've ever heard of a boy accepting an off and then saying sorry, I have to go with someone else.  Your guess is as good as mine as to why he did that.  If he did have greener pastures in mind, then it seems like it was a customer he's gone with before and gave him a lot of money.  Unless you told him how much you were going to give him, how would he have any idea how much you might have given him?

Either way, once a boy commits to an off, whether another customer wants him or not he's still supposed to go with the person  with whom he accepted the off.  For me, that's a new one.

not just possible, it happened

full story in my May 2015 trip report, day 7

http://www.gaythailand.com/forums/topic/9953-may-2015-in-bangkok-and-pattaya-trip-report/page-2

As I said in report I'm not even upset,chalked if off to experience, bought him a drink few days later and may even off him in the future. Yes,  he knew how much he will get and it was to be more than I ever paid for any off.