Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Gay Guides Forum

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Gay Thailand

This is the main forum for all things gay in Thailand. Post about specific events, places, activities, questions, and comments under the relevant city heading. If commenting on more than one city or other parts of Thailand, use the general comments section below. Keep the topics related to information on Thailand.

  1. Started by kokopelli,

    Here is an article in the New York Times titled: Escaping to ‘Bangkok’s Green Lung’Falling coconuts, papaya groves, Buddhist temples, nine-foot-long pythons and miles of bike-friendly elevated sidewalks snaking through the jungle: Welcome to Bang Krachao, a smog-free, government-protected oasis of green that the mighty Chao Phraya River wraps around. Has anyone been there and done that? Sounds very interesting. Below is link to the article. http://travel.nytimes.com/2013/06/16/travel/escaping-to-bangkoks-green-lung.html?ref=todayspaper

    • 4 replies
    • 2.9k views
  2. Guest fountainhall
    Started by Guest fountainhall,

    I wonder if anyone saw this Thai low budget gay-themed movie which was shown in cinemas earlier this month? Although a comedy, it continues the trend of Thai gay movies dealing with handsome guys and cute girls in more serious relationships - with hardly a katoey in sight, although over-acted mothers feature prominently! The plot surrounds a couple of gay guys and a lesbian couple. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h1DJcEOIx1s

    • 1 reply
    • 17.9k views
  3. Started by ChristianPFC,

    Non-offable boys As if I hadn’t had enough trouble and deception and disappointment in finding sex (I’m not even talking about love!) in Thailand, now I became a victim of the “non-offable boy” as well. Saturday 18.05.2013 After having sat at Hotmale bar (water, 40 Baht) for two hours and observing the passing traffic, I stroll through Soi Twilight and there he is, the boy of my dreams at Scorpion Bar! He even smiles at me and invites me to the bar. I ponder if I should go eat first but it is starting to rain, so I enter. Another boy sits next to me and asks if I would like a massage (neck and shoulder), I agree. After massage, he asks for 100 Baht tip, which …

  4. Started by kokopelli,

    Christian is making the news once again.

    • 2 replies
    • 2.2k views
  5. Started by firecat69,

    http://finance.yahoo.com/news/thailands-boom-northeast-spoils-010447937.html I wonder long term how this will effect our beloved Issan boys from moving to the city for the Sex Trade. I for one have never been to Udon Thani and may make a trip soon before it has been completely changed. I never get involved in the internal politics of Thailand, but this article at least makes me think this government may be doing a lot of things right. Look forward to comments from more knowledgeable people??

  6. Guest fountainhall
    Started by Guest fountainhall,

    It will have happened before to others, but it’s the first time it happened to me. Some weeks ago I was in a bank near the centre of BKK. As I was leaving, I spotted a guy about to be served. He was with a young lady whom I assumed might be his sister or wife (she turned out to be a co-worker). He smiled at me. I smiled back. He was quite cute and my gaydar was working. I went to the ATM machine and noticed out of the side of my eye he was still looking at me. Within a few moments, he and his friend were leaving, walking past me. Again he looked back and smiled. So I went up and said hello. His English was not great, but I got the gist of his conversation. I then gave him…

  7. Started by kokopelli,

    I am not sure if this has been discussed previously on this forum and was wondering what others have planned for their final exit from Thailand and life on earth? I was speaking with a friend who visits annually and had said, if he died while in Thailand, he would want his intact remains repatriated to his home country for a proper burial. I have also heard the same from an expat who wants his body returned to his home country for burial. For me cremation would be my choice but then what to do with the cremains? Although my friend did say he would take my urn back with him, in the overhead compartment, in Business Class, of course. Really don't know what prov…

  8. Guest fountainhall
    Started by Guest fountainhall,

    With all the chat about pizzas and what some like to see on them and others don’t, I’ll put in a small plug for a lovely French-stye bistro restaurant Crêpes & Co. This was first established in a simple building with a garden terrace on Sukhumvit Soi 12. It was a favourite of mine and served a mouth-watering array of all sorts of crêpes. Indeed, the main menu was almost exclusively crêpes for starters, main courses and, of course, desserts. Then the owner decided to expand into more Mediterranean cuisine – especially Spanish, Greek and Moroccan – which was highlighted on blackboards rather than on the menus themselves. One dish which every guest I ever took there rav…

    • 0 replies
    • 1.7k views
  9. Guest fountainhall
    Started by Guest fountainhall,

    In a bizarre decision, certain authorities in Bangkok have decided in principle to put up the funding for a new Formula I Grand Prix to be held in the streets of the capital. The F1 organisation has put a Bangkok race on its calendar for 2014. And, like last weekend’s Singapore race, it will be held at night (probably starting around 8:00pm) – this to ensure much larger viewership and advertising revenues to the TV companies which will transmit it in Europe where the sport has a huge following. But is such an event worth anything like the investment required? Far from it, in my view. Just today, the Major Events Minister of the state of Victoria in Australia announced…

  10. My heart broke reading this on CNN today. CNN: Packed tight into wire baskets -- sometimes 20 or more to a cage -- animal rights activists say as many as 200,000 live dogs every year are smuggled from northeast Thailand across the Mekong River destined for restaurants in Vietnam. Dehydrated, stressed, some even dying of suffocation on the trip, the dogs are often stacked 1,000 to a truck on a journey that lasts for days. "Obviously when you've got dogs stacked on top of each other they start biting each other because they are so uncomfortable, any kind of movement then the dog next to the one that's being crushed is going to bite back," said Tuan Bendi…

  11. Started by ChristianPFC,

    Weekend in Chanthaburi province Last year, I met two boys from Chanthaburi on Camfrog, we then proceeded to chat on facebook. One of them had plenty of excuses every time I wanted to go to Chanthaburi (“we cannot meet because I might get a lot of home work and I might be very busy the weekend”) which is an indication that he isn’t really interested. But the other one really wanted to meet me. I have never been to Chanthaburi, but last year BaoBao posted about Wat Kao Sukim (วัดเขาสุกิม) and Nam Tok Pliu National Park (น้ำตกพลิ้ว) which I kept in mind: http://khunbaobao.blogspot.com/2012/09/trip-report-pt-24-wat-khao-sukim.html http://khunbaobao.blogspot.com/2…

    • 3 replies
    • 3.8k views
  12. Guest fountainhall
    Started by Guest fountainhall,

    So, from October 28 Bangkok is going to set up 50 stations with a total of 330 bicycles to help ease traffic congestion. Bicycles are free for the first 10 minutes, Bt. 10 for the next 45 minutes, and then Bt. 20 for the following three hours. That’s “bicycles” – not motocys. Good idea, as it works in some other cities around the world. Bad idea, as Bangkok’s traffic with drivers constantly chatting on their mobile phones behind their blacked out windows and paying little heed either to speed limits or to traffic lanes is notorious. Aha! But the city already has bicycle lanes on some of its roads! Indeed, it does, but how many cyclists do you see on them? Very few…

  13. Guest PattayaPlayers
    Started by Guest PattayaPlayers,

    OPEN AUDITION CALL FOR SINGERS OF ALL AGES! Pattaya Players will be holding privately scheduled open auditions for their upcoming production "Broadway Under the Stars," which will spotlight hit tunes from Broadway musicals. All audition requests can be scheduled by emailing mailto:pattayaplayers@gmail.com?subject=Audition%20Request. We are searching for performers with extensive singing experience (preferably, but not exclusively with show tunes). All auditioners should plan on performing one Broadway song at the audition and are responsible for bringing along a backing track (either on CD or memory stick) with them so we get a good sense of their musical strengths…

    • 0 replies
    • 1.9k views
  14. Guest Devint6669
    Started by Guest Devint6669,

    The Banyan House was very enjoyable it is an incredible discovery for me and my friend felt, My special friend told me that he had a good time and he felt totally relax at this bed and breakfast. It is located in a quieter part of the island and for sure you will need to rent a bike like we did. Because there is no place around their establishment to go eat in that area. But do not hold that again them because the services, the welcome, the beauty of this establishment and that tropical garden is wort the time for you to stop by this place and enjoy the sun and the nice tropical weather. One of the reason why to rent a bike is get around all the place you probably want…

    • 0 replies
    • 11.9k views
  15. Guest fountainhall
    Started by Guest fountainhall,

    I just received this week’s Travelzoo 20 recommendations email and see there is a low season offer for the 4.5-star Courtyard by Marriott Hotel (close to The Four Seasons Hotel and 5 minutes walk from Rajadamri BTS station - one stop from Saladaeng and therefore close to the nightlife). However, this has obviously arrived late as the offer expires tonight (Australian time). If this is of interest, you have only until around 15:00 GMT today (Wednesday) to get the travelzoo vouchers. Despite the short notice, I have included this as it does represent a good deal if you are two travelling together and want to take advantage of the breakfast add-on deal. On agoda, reviewers …

    • 14 replies
    • 5.3k views
  16. Started by ChristianPFC,

    Screw Boys Monday 27.05.2013 (Report about the new Screw Boys bar after renovation embedded in another extraordinary adventure of ChristianPFC in Thailand.) My plan for the night was to check out the sex-cinema near Saphan Kwai BTS station and meet a Thai friend in Silom for a chat and to give back the bag he lend me when I was moving. However, it turned out completely different. On my way from work to home, I walk past two Thai men who invited me for drink and chat many times before, but I always declined because I was on my way home. This time, a cute boy is sitting with them, so I join (and get name, age, phone number of the cute boy). The boy works in the …

  17. Guest PattayaPlayers
    Started by Guest PattayaPlayers,

    OPEN AUDITION CALL! Pattaya Players (Home of Pattaya's Professional Amateurs) is proud to announce auditions for its spooky Halloween-themed murder mystery performance of "A Ghostly Crime." There are parts for both male and female actors of various ages and auditions will take place at The Eastern Grand Palace Hotel on Soi Khaotalo at 6:30 pm on Monday, June 24, 2013. The performances will take place on October 11-12, 2013 (venue TBA). A Ghostly Crime centers around a wealthy socialite who hires a wacky psychic to conduct a séance in hopes of contacting the spirit of her long departed ancestor. In the interim, a murder takes place. Did the butler do it, or was it …

    • 0 replies
    • 2.1k views
  18. Started by firecat69,

    According to the Global Destiantion Cities Index BKK will overtake London as the most visited city in the world during 2013. Apparently the rest of the world is discovering what we already know. BKK is a great city and culture for a very reasonable vacation!

    • 7 replies
    • 2.9k views
  19. Started by TotallyOz,

    I have seen several maps of Bangkok and Thailand that say compliments of Thailand Elite. I thought they were gone and over with? Still going?

  20. Started by TotallyOz,

    Tawan is one of long time famous a-go-go boy bars in Thailand, established since 1987. By that time, a number of gay bars were opening gradually. Consequently, the executive tried to make it different from others by promoting Tawan as a centre of muscular men in Thailand. Tawan is located in the middle of Bangkok’s gay entertaining area, Soi Tarntawan, Surawong Road (opposite to The Tawana Bangkok Hotel). http://www.tawanbarbangkok.com/eng Tawan Bar, 2/1-2 Soi Tarntawan (opposite to The Tawana Bangkok Hotel), Surawong Rd., Bamgrak, Bangkok, 10500 http://www.gaythailand.com/forums/topic/5267-tawan-bar-review/?hl=tawan http://www.gaythailand.com/forum…

  21. Guest CuriousBoy
    Started by Guest CuriousBoy,

    Hi All, Based on a lot of good reviews on this board that HERO club is probably the best in Bangkok, I'm really curious to find out if they'll have my types of guys. Here are my 8 questions I hope any of you could help me out to determine if I'll generally be satisfied or disappointed with my visit: (the more detailed your answers the better!) (1) I'm into smooth big muscled bubble butts on muscular/beefy boys. I prefer their body size to be on the large/beefy size (75kgs++) and prefer smooth fairer skin toned. Will I be able to find ANY hot smooth big muscle butts at HERO? (cock size doesn't matter to me at all). [ just in case I'm asked, I do not know WHY I'm dr…

  22. Guest fountainhall
    Started by Guest fountainhall,

    A friend sent me this travel article about Thailand from Echelon Magazine, a seemingly gay business magazine, and asked for my comments. As far as I can tell, it is utter crap! http://echelonmagazine.com/index.php?id=3001%3Cbr%20/%3E Recently, the magazine alleges its writer experienced "an incredible trip to Thailand." In Bangkok, the only temple he mentions is the Temple of the Tigers. Last time I looked, that was way out past Kanchanaburi! He mentions a "spa ranked as the best in Asia," but clearly cannot recall the name! The only club/bar he attended was One Night Only "housed in Bangkok's gaybourhood Snow Cowboy"! SNOW COWBOY?? He then travelled to Chiang…

  23. Started by TotallyOz,

    How did you get this guy to put your image on his body?

  24. Guest Devint6669
    Started by Guest Devint6669,

    ➣Saboey Resort and Villas. Me and my companion stayed over there for 1 night only night since i wanted to try every hotel that have in the gay guide… We have feel that it will be noisy and a little dirty because is location was on the main road. Once you get inside you soon realize that was feeling badly felt, because it it was the total opposite it was quit serene and peaceful… Saboey Resort and Villas is a great place to go, if you are looking to visit the fisherman's village without having to stay at one of the expensive (overpriced) resorts in this area. Room and Pool We then stayed in this beautiful Beach Villa that was located right next to the pool just 10 step…

    • 0 replies
    • 11.9k views
  25. Guest Devint6669
    Started by Guest Devint6669,

    The Tropical Lounge Resort is not a luxury establishment, it will be a Good place to stay for someone that does not lock for inexpensive looking place! It's a quiet place for a good sleep to kick out civilization and At the same time still not too far from chaweng or where ever you want to go pass your vacation, if you need more nightlife just get Tuk Tuk or a motorbike for rent at the reception their will be glad to help you with this issue that you will encounter! The next day if you feel like staying in for the day you could choose to go at the swimming pool you will see that the pool is normally cooler than the ocean, just sit back with a cocktail en enjoy you day at…

    • 0 replies
    • 14.4k views

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.