Gay Thailand
This is the main forum for all things gay in Thailand. Post about specific events, places, activities, questions, and comments under the relevant city heading. If commenting on more than one city or other parts of Thailand, use the general comments section below. Keep the topics related to information on Thailand.
Subforums
11,067 topics in this forum
-
What is the point of the same old information each week? I like his site as it is full of info but the emails with boring Bangkok events that are NOT gay related is just space fillers and a waste of time. Why are they there each and every week?
-
Who knows that X-boy on Pattayaland will close there doors. A couple days ago i was in Pattaya and some of my friend told me that one of the most famous place in town will close their door, Their will change a big part of that side of the street to be a hotel. That will be a big change because for the last 8 years I bing going to this side of the street to find some companion. Now I will have to find new place to go. But i saw that their have move all the show to X-boys Land in the old David. This mean if you like some boys over x-boy you will still find just across the street. Someone know which other bar will close their door please let us know if you got more informat…
-
- 21 replies
- 5.7k views
- 1 follower
-
-
There’s a lot of talk on other Forums about change of ownership. It seems SGT is likely to be sold quite soon, although nothing about the possible new owner has been published. In a roughly similar vein, the owner of Gay Ting & Tong who seems to live in the UK has canvassed opinion about giving up his Board. The majority of posts have proposed he continue the Board, but as one of gt’s regular contributors mentions in a post he made over there, not many new posts appear on that Board anymore. How this will all pan out, I have no idea.
- 39 replies
- 7.3k views
- 1 follower
-
It is a fascinating documentary that is in 6 parts. I have 3 parts of this and will see all 6. It is very well done! Anyone else seeing this? Watching this?
- 9 replies
- 5.4k views
- 1 follower
-
Street view is now available in Google maps for Pattaya. Very clear pictures - it includes all of Boyztown, blinking in the morning sun. Seems a bit strange to see it in daylight!
-
THAILAND is a feast for the senses: it's home to the finest street food, ancient ruined temples and beaches so beautiful they scarcely seem real, writes Matt Bolton. Read his full article here: Read more: http://www.news.com.au/travel/world/the-perfect-trip-to-thailand/story-e6frfqai-1226630038137#ixzz2RgTtQWDu
- 7 replies
- 2.6k views
- 1 follower
-
I was in touch with a hotel in Thailand to negotiate a long stay rate. They did give me a good deal off their regular rate but it was what they give to all who stay over 14 days. I told them I was going to be 60 days and asked for a better deal. They declined. They do have rooms open. Most hotels around the world negotiate good rates for longer stays but it seems harder in Thailand then anywhere. Why?
- 5 replies
- 2.8k views
- 1 follower
-
Quick notes from my recent trip. Mosaic still very nice place to stay, but the beds are hard...real hard. Might have to check out other option as sleep really suffered this time around. Everything else was great. 1800 baht for electric for 9 days. We used the 2 AC units in our Apt quite a bit. Electric unit at 6.5 baht. Water was an additional 120 baht. Had the placed cleaned once, looks like 300 baht or so for that. New linens, washed the dishes, and so on. Another 300 baht for last day service....The additional charges really seem to add up. This was my first Songkran, and overall it was a lot of fun. The 19th was by far the best. Crazy fun. Isan music eve…
- 4 replies
- 2.3k views
- 1 follower
-
Some interesting figures from the Tourism Department illustrating how the demographics of the inbound tourist market are changing very rapidly. The nationality of the main tourist groups are to be found in this chart - No surprise that China and Russia are at and near the top of the list. Malaysia is there because of a lot of cross-border traffic. I suspect that's also the reason Laos is also up there. Interesting, though, that the totals of five main European countries listed barely reach the numbers of Chinese and Japanese. Another chart of interest is the relative growth in inbound tourism over a ten year period - Not surprisingly since they …
-
As I have stated in a few posts, I am registered on some social networking sites, mostly to meet up with guys when I am travelling. And a couple are particularly fruitful, the more so in finding younger guys who really do want to meet up with guys who are older - without cash being involved. I was deleting a whole bunch of messages from one site this morning when I came across this exchange which I found amusing - even though it was not intended to be. It took place around the time I was going to Singapore to see Kevin Spacey in "Richard III". This particular site enables you to insert a travel schedule. So this poster knew I was going to be in Singapore and wrote to …
-
This post will be about my Songkran but first I will begin with a description of this festival for the reader that n'ever heard about Songkran before, This festival usually happens the weekend that falls closest to the weekend of April 13-15 at least in Bangkok. It can last much longer in Pattaya. Songkran has traditionally been celebrated as the New Year for many centuries in Thailand and asia & south east asia, this festival is about celebrating the end of the dry season.The only place in Thailand that still celebrates this holiday in the right way is the city of Chiang Mai in my humbel opinion, where it continues for six days and even longer if you feel like do…
- 18 replies
- 5.5k views
- 1 follower
-
It's for a good cause please try to go if it's possible Last year Their raised over 300,000 Baht for Phuket LGBT & HIV charities and created a fun week for everyone.This mean try to see if it will be possible for you guy to go. PHUKET PRIDE WEEK 2013 Monday 22nd to Sunday 28th April Sunday 21st April Pre-Pride Pool Party at CC’s Hideaway 4pm to 10pm Start off your Pride Week with this fun gay pool party at the all new CC’s Hideaway resort. Go-go boys, pool boys, flag boys in fact it’s just boys boys boys!!!!…
-
When the 'new' Adam's Apple opened a few years ago, I went with some friends and was mightily disappointed. The format of a fun bar had been totally changed - considerably for the worse. This was borne out on a couple of subsequent visits, and on the last two I did not even go near the bar. One of the same friends was in Chiang Mai last week and decided to give it another try. He said the format seems to have changed again, there were a lot of attractive guys and he had a great time. The young Malaysian mama-san was also very helpful. I wonder: has it changed ownership yet again?
-
Yet another little restaurant recommendation for those in the upper Sathorn area. Il Bolognese is, as you’d expect, Italian – a trattoria/pizzeria located off Sathorn Soi 7. I had been there once before about 4 years ago, disliked its bright yellow décor, average service and so-so food. From my experience last night, it has clearly changed hands, been very tastefully redecorated and was most enjoyable. You can reach the restaurant from Soi 7 and then take a left at the end, or from the first soi on the right after entering Suan Plu or from Narratiwat soon after the Sathorn junction. Whichever way you come in, the friendly owner will greet you warmly in Italian and the…
-
Hey guy's have you see this thing about The Red Cross do not accept boold from us Homosexual. I found this on the Bangkok Post website Go look at this link http://www.bangkokpost.com/multimedia/vdo What I think about that it's totally unfair because we should all have the right to want to help someone, so because world do not like homosexual, gay, queen or whatever what is their sexual preferences. This is unfair for the one that found love, because we should all have the right to have love in our life, That you love a man or girl what's the difference love is love, I'm telling you just love. The Red Cross Their should ask more this type of question do you have unprotec…
-
The thread “What Would you Do If . . . ?" has garnered a lot of readers and a lot of replies. I thought it might therefore be worth taking one of the issues raised in that thread for further discussion. Over recent years, I have been quite surprised at the number of posters on various sites who write making Delphic-like statements that ALL those advertising on social networking sites like gayromeo must automatically be moneyboys or are looking for money – no argument, no discussion. Their view seems to be that if these guys don’t make their living in the sex industry, they will need money for their daily living costs – or, as sometimes, stated, to send money home for mam…
- 19 replies
- 3.5k views
- 1 follower
-
I must say im a bit disappointed in this year songkran (Sk2013) I dont find too many farang lurking around. Or neither my white friends i used to see... Where is everybody?? The expat and the visitors?? Have they gone back to the states and finally got married to each other????
-
- 5 replies
- 2.4k views
-
-
As the crowds who flocked to Rome to hear the Pope’s Easter message finally drift away, new and much larger crowds are preparing to descend on St. Peter’s Square for another mega-event taking place next Sunday. The Vatican authorities are even erecting tent cities to house them, stocked with millions of bottles of water (and hopefully more than a few toilets!), in preparation for an inrush expected to number more than 300,000. Responding to the calls of the faithful who shouted “Santo subito” (Sainthood now) during the open-air funeral mass for the late Pope John Paul II in 2005, the Vatican is proceeding on a path which would not have been possible had John Paul him…
-
hi ! What's the hottest nightclub at the moment? Still the one behind Mc Donald's (can't remember the name). Daveman Club? Any newcomer? thx for feed-back!
-
For my recent stay in Thailand I bought, as usual, a 1-2-Call pay SIM, bog standard cheap pay as you go type. Cost 90 baht if I remember rightly. When I got home to England I switched the phone on to retrieve a number from it and was surprised to get a text message from AIS saying that I was now set up for roaming and giving a free number to call to confirm it. So I did and now I am connected to the Orange network here, Totally unexpected, and excellent news for me to because I can now receive one time passwords for internet banking on my Thai account. It also means, I believe that someone in Thailand can call me on the number at local rates. I shan't be encouraging th…
-
Cable Television Holdings, the consortium of around 300 individual operators, has given preliminary information about its improved service when it takes over the English Premier League soccer matches from True VIsions in August. It will launch a new package of 120 channels, including 30 HD channels. The plan is to increase the channels to 150 next year and eventually to 500. The basic package is expected to cost around Bt. 300/month. Additional packages which include the soccer from England will be between Bt 100 - 400 extra depending on the number of matches individual viewers want to access. If these amounts do not change, then the CTH service will be substantially…
-
Especially useful for those entering the Kingdom late at night. After all, the faster us gays can hit the bars soon after arrival, all the better. http://www.fridae.asia/newsfeatures/2013/02/05/12221.thailand-welcomes-same-sex-couples-to-use-premium-lane-at-bangkok-airport-in-feb The "Amazing Romance" mascot (below) looks like a sperm to me! Someone has a sense of humor! Maybe we can get dale1 to pass out condoms as well. Straight couples are invited, too. Does anyone get the feeling that this is just plain silly?
-
- 10 replies
- 2.1k views
-
-
Oh wow the sheer number of people here this year, it seems to be well up on last year, someone was telling me in the Thai calendar this is their new millennium (?) which may explain that if correct I guess, but Silom road was absolutely packed to the point of dangerous and there is NO way it would have been allowed to take place at those crush levels anywhere in the west and as much as I usually love being in a throng of Thai guys have to say it was verging in the edge of scary at one point as if someone had fallen over I think they'd of got crushed or walked on for sure. But apart from that great fun as always, With the exception of a quick trip to soi 4 - which was …
-
Preparations (food and hat and squirt gun booths, roping off prime sections of the moat area, and even a litle water-tossing) were well underway Friday, all in preparation for the all-out water war starting yesterday. As usual, the main water war was around the moat of the old city although there were activities just about everywhere. I took a raft of photos and only had to wipe water off the camera lens a few times. Two photos, though, struck my fancy. The first depicts some kids figuring out a way to avoid anybody else getting them wet. Pretty clever and obviously having a lot of fun. The second photo joined my "wtf?" list as a young teen was carrying his p…
-
- 0 replies
- 1.7k views
-
-
Songkran has come early to Bangkok. This afternoon it is absolutely pissing down, the skies are dark, and the thunder and lightning where I am has been going on for a good 30 minutes. The forecast suggests we are in for the same tomorrow, but it may ease up a bit over the holiday week-end. Hope it does not spoil the fun!
- 6 replies
- 2.1k views