Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Gay Guides Forum

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Gay Thailand

This is the main forum for all things gay in Thailand. Post about specific events, places, activities, questions, and comments under the relevant city heading. If commenting on more than one city or other parts of Thailand, use the general comments section below. Keep the topics related to information on Thailand.

  1. Guest JamesBarnes
    Started by Guest JamesBarnes,

    The Super Supermarket Thank goodness that after all these years here, Thailand still has the capacity to surprise and delight. The other night, I was having dinner with an Australian chum; let’s call him Bruce, who has lived in Chiang Mai for more than a decade and who has recently split with his long term Thai boyfriend. Bruce is a great sport who was impervious to my gloating about England’s recent Ashes win (cricket’s most hotly contested rivalry). This joshing between the English and Aussies goes back a long way: when Captain Cook first stepped foot on that land down-under, so impressed was he with the awesome topography, the huge variety of fauna and the stagger…

  2. Guest fountainhall
    Started by Guest fountainhall,

    Once again, can we please link all restaurant information to threads already made by members. For example - http://www.gaythailand.com/forums/topic/8263-eat-me-for-a-special-night-in-bangkok/ Frankly, I am also increasingly concerned that the descriptions we have been getting in recent similar posts seem to be made by people who have not visited the restaurants being described and have no real idea what they are like - or more importantly what the cuisine is actually like. Yet phrases are being used which imply that they have a definite gay thailand recommendation. I think it is really self-defeating when every establishment gets something like "you'll have a gre…

  3. Started by firecat69,

    Geography was never my best subject. I had no idea Malaysia had a border with Thailand. I understand the need for border control. To bad it takes fences to do it: see this link: http://www.bangkokpost.com/news/local/370022/thailand-supports-malaysia-plans-for-border-fence

    • 5 replies
    • 2.4k views
  4. Started by firecat69,

    Do you like classical music? Imagine getting something of quality in Pattaya. How many would attend this concert. Maybe more things to come?? Follow this link: http://www.pattayamail.com/arts-entertainment/mozart-and-vivaldi-are-coming-to-pattaya-30351

  5. Started by firecat69,

    Interesting article about complaints of taxi drivers in Bangkok. I am usually happy with the taxi drivers and the fares I am charged, But I cannot divorce myself from the facts that almost everywhere else I have lived or travelled, the taxis were far more expensive and in most cases not as nice. Your thoughts? http://www.bangkokpost.com/news/local/368542/more-than-23000-complaints-against-drivers-on-taxi-consumer-hotline

  6. Started by TotallyOz,

    Isn't it amazing what money can buy in Thailand? http://www.bangkokpost.com/news/local/366477/indictment-of-red-bull-delayed-again-as-statute-of-limitations-winds-down

  7. Started by firecat69,

    We all know drugs are a problem in Thailand and all over the world. But some of us may forget just how prevalent it is in Thailand. This is a pretty big seizure in Thailand, but is a drop in the bucket I am sure. Some day maybe we can eradicate the worst of them?? follow this link: http://www.bangkokpost.com/news/local/369812/168000-yaba-pills-252kg-of-ganja-seized

  8. Started by firecat69,

    http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/09/13/tear-jerker-truemove-thai-commercial_n_3922857.html

    • 4 replies
    • 2.1k views
  9. Guest anonone
    Started by Guest anonone,

    Well, I am back at home and will try to remember a few things to provide an update. I really needed this break from work, and I drank more alcohol this trip then any other trip before. Stayed at Don Plaza for the week. Booked via agoda with a really good rate. Stairs are still an issue for anyone with mobility issues. First flight of steps are STEEP ! There is talk that the will do some construction work to try and make this better, but nothing yet. No elevator either. Room was in good shape. A/C worked good. Good ceiling fan above the bed (not wobbly) which was great. Bed was harder then I like, but better then the Mosaic concrete version. Downstairs bar area is much …

  10. Started by firecat69,

    http://world.time.com/2013/09/13/hangover-from-hell-hundreds-of-westerners-living-on-the-streets-of-thailand/

  11. A Thai Airways International flight arriving at Bangkok's Suvarnabhumi Airport late Sunday night skidded off the runway as it touched down. Thirteen passengers were injured while evacuating the aircraft. There were no fatalities. According to an airline statement, Thai Airways flight 679, operated with an Airbus A330-300 aircraft, departed Guangzhou, China, at 9:25 p.m. and arrived in Bangkok at 11:20 p.m. After touching down, a landing gear malfunction caused the aircraft to skid off the runway, according to the airline. Sparks were seen in the vicinity of the right-side landing gear, near the engine. The airline says the pilot remained in contro…

  12. Started by TotallyOz,

    I get a lot of great information from this site and it always makes my trips to Thailand better in so many ways. When I ask for help and advice, I am always given great info. Last year, I got into a discussion with bkkguy about Nespresso machines and the capsules they need to work and he gave me the name of a website in Thailand that delivers these to your home. I have used it often and today I placed yet another order for some special blended limited edition coffee capsules that I love. The website is: http://nespresso-thailand.com/ The site offers fast delivery and very easy paypal checkout. Thank you bkkguy for this wonderful find. I truly appreci…

  13. Started by TotallyOz,

    I was at Siam Paragon last week and the BF needed some running shoes. We went to the store there that has the most shoes and asked for him to try some one. The salesman had zero knowledge of the shoes, which ones were for running and which ones for leisure and he didn't even know how to measure for the right shoe size. I got very frustrated and left and told the BF that I would not buy something like this from someone who knows nothing about the right fit. I asked around a bit and was told to try Super Sports in Silom Complex. We did and had a much better experience. The guy actually knew shoes and how to size one's feet for the right fit. I guess little su…

  14. Guest timmberty
    Started by Guest timmberty,

    we all hear about how gay romeo is affecting the go go bars and the beer bars, but how bad is it in comparison ? big business is dying due to the internet, in england 3 of the giants of the high street are going/gone to the wall, hmv, blockbuster video + comets ... 10,000 jobs are at risk, and all bar a couple of thousand probably wont be saved. so why should we worry if a few dozen boys stop boring themselves silly of a night, if they choose to use the internet to hook up with a client rather than a bar ? the internet is destroying more than anyone could have ever thought possible, im sure the odd go go bar isnt a big thing in the grand scheme. wadda you think …

  15. Started by firecat69,

    Who is in country and going out to the Bars. Some reports ???? Coming New Years..

  16. Started by TotallyOz,

    The worst thing happened today for me. My Vitamix went dead. It may be because we were using a converter for it or it may have just died. But, I'd like to have it checked out. Does anyone know a good electronics repair place in Bangkok?

  17. Started by firecat69,

    http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2013-09-09/thailand-to-scrap-luxury-goods-tax-to-lure-travelers-from-china.html The Chinese are dominating in some travel markets and most likely this will attract many more of them to Thailand and especially Bangkok. Although good for the economy, I fear it will be bad for many of us who visit a few few times a year. I can see better Hotels being able to raise their rates as occupancy increases. Any thoughts?

  18. Started by firecat69,

    http://www.bangkokpost.com/breakingnews/368818/elderly-foreigners-robbed-by-pattaya-massage-girls See what happens when you hang around with women!!! hehehehehehe

  19. Started by firecat69,

    What do you think? Will it help? http://www.bangkokpost.com/news/local/368190/tourist-court-launched-in-pattaya

  20. Started by TotallyOz,

    I am a mac guy and love my IPhone. But, I also use Android devices for business and I am finding that I really love the ease and simplicity of them. I have one Google Phone that the BF is in love with and he said they didn't sell them in Thailand or at least he hasn't seen them around. Are the Google branded products sold here? Have others used them and liked them? For me, I have a both a tablet and a phone and both are wonderful. Both processors are great and very fast and keep everything updated. Is Apple as the "in" thing in Thailand coming to an end? Tuesday they come out with something new, but I don't expect it to be too exciting.

  21. Guest shamahan
    Started by Guest shamahan,

    I noticed that the website has a great mobile option which is very convenient especially for posting on message board. Thanks.

    • 0 replies
    • 1.3k views
  22. Guest JamesBarnes
    Started by Guest JamesBarnes,

    Ake’s Heartache. We met at a social gathering, in a group but soon found ourselves talking one to one. Despite his bonhomie, it was clear that something was troubling Ake. This slim and attractive 22 year old was friendly but though his smile was frequent, his eyes betrayed a sadness that he could not hide. His body language was nervous, edgy and there were some suspicious marks on his arms. Gentle small talk turned into a few dead ends but there was something about him that revealed that, deep down, he did want to open up. When he did, his story was tragic. Ake was a country boy who had moved to the city in order to work in his sister’s massage shop and it was h…

  23. Started by TotallyOz,

    Or, anyone else interested in amazing food like Paula Dean would bake. If you were born in the South in the USA, you most likely had the divine experience to taste Pecan Pie. I grew up with this and I love it beyond words but it is really high calorie and very sweet. But, yesterday while at the grocery store in Siam Paragon, I found a vendor that sells these. I purchased a piece with full knowledge it would not tastes like my families recipe. I was so surprised when I tasted this. It was delicious and tasted just like the pies I grew up with in Alabama. Yumm!

  24. Started by TotallyOz,

    Up to 50% off rooms from Dec - Feb. Good deals are to be had. I have stayed at the one in Bangkok before and enjoyed the close (1 min) walk to Hero Massage. http://www.frasershospitality.com/hepromotions.php

  25. Started by ChristianPFC,

    Expenses June 2013 Some people might wonder why I am sharing this. I’m not doing this for you, I’m doing this for me to know where my money goes. Then I just add some explanations so this might be of use to others (occasionally, people ask how much money you need to live in Thailand), and previous reports about my expenses have shown that this is fantastic material to bitch about. There seems to be a misunderstanding of my relationship to money, which is aggravated by taking everything I write serious or not getting my jokes. I don’t throw money around like others do, but I happily pay a fair price for goods or services (the contentious point is what I and others …

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.