Gay Thailand
This is the main forum for all things gay in Thailand. Post about specific events, places, activities, questions, and comments under the relevant city heading. If commenting on more than one city or other parts of Thailand, use the general comments section below. Keep the topics related to information on Thailand.
Subforums
11,067 topics in this forum
-
The 2013 edition of the Surin Elephant Roundup & Festival takes place during the whole week of November 11~17, but the Really Big Shoe part (the denouement, climax, pinnacle, orgasm, zenith etc etc) happens on Saturday the 16th and Sunday the 17th. I believe the wild and woolly-mammoth buffet brunch (first photo below) takes place on Friday the 15th. Don't miss that! During the week, and during the last three days there are also many other odd things going on both in town and out in the environs: light shows, fireworks, crazed markets, bars a-baring, Mularm music All-The-Time. As you possibly already are aware, my old man, the exquisitely spoiled Khun Suphot,…
-
- 5 replies
- 2.3k views
- 1 follower
-
-
Fresh Beach Boys is a popular gay gogo bar located along Soi Twilight off the main Surawong Road. Shows nightly at 10:15 PM and 11:45 PM. 894/9-10 Soi Pratuchai, Suriwong Rd
-
- 5 replies
- 16.3k views
- 1 follower
-
-
I visited Wild West Boys in Pattaya last Friday. According to their advertisment inscribed on the entrance door they have Happy Hour from 9.00pm to 9.30pm (all customer drinks 99 Baht). Thus I was quite surprised when I was charged 180 Baht for my Heineken around 9.15pm. Asked one of the waiters (might have been a captain?) why they advertise 99 and charge 180. He/she tried to explain in very limited English and I had to assist with my limited Thai. The point was, that Happy Hour does not apply on weekends. Thus I asked why they did not include this limitation in the advertising inscription on the door. Of course I did not get an answer, just a sheepish look and embarrass…
-
I mentioned this restaurant in an earlier thread. It's a very small French bistro-type restaurant on the corner of Suan Plu and Suan Plu Soi 1 (so pretty close to Sathorn and all but across from Soi Convent). 5 tables were occupied last night leaving only one empty. As they had had a lot of patrons the previous evening, three items were not longer on the menu. This is already quite small, with 5 starters, 5 mains and 4 desserts - plus a dish of the day. I had an excellent piece if grilled fresh salmon followed by a French type fruit crumble with ice cream. My friend started with a plate of cold sliced cuts sprinkled with pomegranate, followed by an excellent steak tar…
-
YOU entered yet? Just 24 hours left for you to win this valuable watercolour- FREE at http://www.out-in-thailand.com/competition/ Good Luck! James.
-
Bangkok AIrways has had a sale running from late February until 15 April. Domestic one-way fares are Bt. 945 and international fares either Bt. 1,945 (Yangon, Phnom Penh, Vientiane, Siem Reap, Luang Prabang) or Bt. 2, 945 (Mumbai, Dhaka, KL, Hong Kong, SIngapore) - although the Maldives qualifies for a much higher Bt. 7,945. Tickets must be issued by April 15 and travelling dates are from 16 May to 30 September. Once ticketed, no changes are permissible. Note that taxes are NOT included in these prices. I have run a check on some destinations and dates in May, July and September. For domestic destinations like Chiang Mai and Phuket, there seem to be cheap tickets …
-
I am trying to improve my status as a thread starter, which was brought to my attention in another thread. So here goes one of three subjects, one gay-Thailand related, one Thailand-only related and one gay-only related: I've noticed many threads on this forum seem obsessed with the newest planes, problems with newest planes, business class comparisons among airlines, fare comparisons among airlines, best airports, worst airports, frequent flyer points and reward programs, etc. Is it because we are all foreigners just basically trying to get to or leave Thailand and need some particular edge to achieve style and savings? I don't travel much anymore, I like staying put,…
- 36 replies
- 5.7k views
- 1 follower
-
If you miss real American farang food, what better way to celebrate Thai-U.S. friendship than with food glorious food! The US Embassy is presenting some American owned restaurants in Bangkok that have come together to bring you the best deals in dining this March. Pick your favorites from over 10 participating restaurants. Cancel those French restaurant reservations! Promotion starts today till the 24th. http://bangkok.usembassy.gov/restaurantweek2013.html
-
I thought twice about posting this. I decided to do so only because if I don't do so, someone else will. So there is little point keeping the information quiet. The Thailand Bitch Board’s short ‘on and off’ existence has finally ended. This was the Board that LMTU hailed on other forums as being one with thousands of readers and the only one worth posting on! Not surprising, really, that it had hardly any posters and most of those had multiple heads So far the new Board has only 7 foul threads and 8 posts – all by its creator, clivejames – the one who recently failed to disrupt this Board. The character of the posts is not really surprising, considering this pe…
- 28 replies
- 6.6k views
-
Just a reminder that one of Thailand's great Festivals takes place in Ubon Ratchathani this year on July 22 and 23, the start of the Buddhist Lent. I wrote a long report on the Ubon Candle Festival after I was there in 2007. Sadly that is no longer in the archives, but I did a little update with photos two years ago. http://www.gaythailand.com/forums/topic/7154-ubon-candle-festival/?hl=ubon The Parade is the largest in the country and seems to involve the whole town. Each temple (and there are about 70 of them) prepares massive wax floats which take about a month to carve, community groups and students take part dressed in local costumes - and the whole affair la…
- 4 replies
- 2.5k views
- 1 follower
-
http://www.travelzoo.com/local-deals/International/Getaway/43658?utm_source=top20_us&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=us_top20_2013_12
-
After many months of fighting very nasty infections, Traveler Jim will undergo hip replacement surgery at UCSD/La Jolla on Monday, March 4, USA time. This has been a long time in coming. He has been confined to a wheelchair and lost a lot of freedom and mobility. I saw him at his home in December. His friend Ood has been a lifesaver and takes very good car of Jim. Ood just returned to Thailand to be with his family last week as was part of the plan. Jim is in good hands with family and friends and after the surgery is faced with recuperation until his return to Thailand later this year. Jim is well-known in the community, especially in Pattaya. He has been posting publi…
- 12 replies
- 2.3k views
- 1 follower
-
Every month or two, I tend to visit and photograph a wat or two three here in Chiangmai. For those few lost souls who might want to know, the following is offered: A wat can be loosely translated as a monastery or a temple which has an enclosing wall that divides it from the secular world. It's not a building but the entire grounds on which the various temples other structures are located. The word "wat" comes from the Pali word "vata" which means "enclosure." A wat has two main sections, the poottawaat (the area dedicated to Buddha) and the sangkaawaat (the general living quarters for the monks). 1. Poottawaat. This area usualy contains several buildings …
- 22 replies
- 6.8k views
- 1 follower
-
On my next long trip to Thailand, I am considering living in Chiang Mai for the year. I have spent a few months there at PJ's Place and at the Sheraton a few other hotels but never in an apartment and in a living full time kind of thing. The BF has said it was fine for him and enjoys Chiang Mai. I have looked into housing and they seem much more reasonable than Bangkok or Pattaya. It seem that there are not real executive apartments that offer everything you can get in Bangkok at like the Marriott or other full serviced apartments. But, that said, it is something I really want to try. For those of you living there, what area do you prefer? What do you find is th…
- 16 replies
- 3.1k views
- 1 follower
-
From £= 76.07B in Dec 2004, the lowest point (so far) in the past 10 years has been reached in March 2013 with £= 44.3B. This represents more than 40% reduction in the exchange rate over that period. The $US has fallen (high point to low point) around 30% against THB over that period, the allegedly "basket-case" Euro has dipped approx 35% (from Euro= 60B to Euro= 39B currently) - but the star of the show must be the $AUS which has RISEN 50% from its low point of 21B in 2003 to just over 30B and very close to its 10 year high-point. Even allowing for the fact that (apparently) only multi-millionaires post here and on other such fora - Australian expats ought t…
-
Even at my advancing age and expanding waistline, I can still crouch down and also bend over. One of the ways this comes in handy is when I'm in Pattaya and decide that a jaunt to the 10 pin bowling alley would be a good idea.. The plan is for each of the farang party to bring his "boy special of the night before " and we will pass the afternoon drinking towers of Chang, eating fast food nibbles, and playing about 5 games in all. This can take up to 4 hours and is good fun, and the boys seem to enjoy it. The trouble is, this activity is normally planned the evening before when copious amounts of whisky have been consumed by all. In the haze of the next day…
-
- 8 replies
- 2.8k views
- 1 follower
-
-
Hi all, this is the first time I've created a new thread so I ask for your patience I'm heading back to Thailand in late March/early April 2013 after a year away and I would like your thoughts on the Rose Hotel in Bangkok. I ran a search of the forum and didn't get any hits for past threads. My last three trips I've been staying at Bally's Studio Suites Silom (where the word 'suite' is used in its broadest possible sense) and have tired of the place. Plus I want somewhere with a pool and the pics I've seen of the Rose's pool look impressive. But what of the rooms and service? Other factors? Trip Advisor has mixed reviews, mostly good but being something of a …
-
I have a friend now already in Thailand a few days who's old "pre-smart" phone is giving him problems and he's looking to buy a new one. Can anyone recommend a shop in Pantip, MBK, Tukcom or somewhere to buy a new phone where they've had a good experience. Yes, I know there are tens of thousands of places... that's why I'm asking. Horror stories aren't necessary, thanks. Preferably in Bangkok but he might wait until he hits Pattaya, so either location. I purchased phones for a couple sponsored students last trip, but that was at a shop in the Tesco complex that my friend probably wouldn't find. Hell, I'm not sure I could find it again. Thanks!
- 19 replies
- 3.4k views
- 1 follower
-
If you had been browsing through The Nation in October last year, you might have come upon a review praising the delights of a centrally located restaurant. Part of it reads: The restaurant is La Table de Tee. No, that's not a misspelling of the French word for tea, nor is it a tea house. Khun Tee is the highly talented 27-year old chef who learned his craft at the one-star Michelin restaurant Roussillon in London's fashionable Sloane Square district. It was there he met up with his friend Khun An. Three years ago they decided to open up their tiny restaurant off Saladaeng. I had heard about this restaurant and just assumed it was a cafe - until last night. I…
-
SInce there are many restaurant reviews now appearing, here's a quick 'plug' for one of Bangkok's best restaurants - Eat Me just off Soi Convent (before you come to Sauna Mania). This is now a Bangkok institution after opening more than 14 years ago. It's a small restaurant with art gallery. You reach it by going up one set of candle-lit stairs and are greeted by always smiling - and usually gorgeous-looking and superbly efficient - staff. The food is best described as Australian-fusion, and in 11 years of occasional visits, I have never been anything but excited by it. Open only for dinner and not cheap, it is a wonderful evening out. A couple of weeks ago, the bill for …
-
- 5 replies
- 3.4k views
- 1 follower
-
-
NIrish, you are not alone! In view of NIrish' comments about his dreadful experience with the Manager at Indigo, I checked tripadviser for other comments. Overall it is given 4 stars out of 5. Of the 114 reviews, the ratings are – Excellent - 46 Very Good - 38 Average - 10 Poor - 3 Terrible - 15 But any restaurant that gets 15 ‘terrible’ comments clearly has something wrong. So I checked reviews back a year. Those who gave it one star said this – Although none of the comments concern homophobia, there's enough there that totally corroborates your views. Mind you, the French do not have a monopoly on rude and drunken proprietors. I found this a…
- 22 replies
- 4.8k views
-
For those into 1980s classics, there’s a BIG 80s R-E-W-I-N-D FESTIVAL Concert at BiTec in Bangkok on Friday 29 March. The acts are headed by RIck Astley and the Village People. Tickets from Bt. 1,000 to Bt. 6,000 at thaiticketmajor. http://www.thaiticketmajor.com/concert/concert-detail.php?sid=1699&la=en
-
Having recently taken out an annual worldwide travel policy with a company based in London, I was curious as to how it would compare with the new company which advertises at the bottom of the Message Board. With insurance I find it's always hard to compare like with like because more often than not the benefits, exclusions and deductibles are rarely identical. Also when a company advertises on a site and helps to keep the site viable, I feel members should do their best to support it. So, I'm not going to go into a comparison of what's good and what may not be quite so good about the advertiser. All I'll say is when you compare policies, remember to check the wor…
-
- 9 replies
- 1.8k views
- 1 follower
-
-
Noticed a new butcher’s shop in BKK last week in the sub-soi on the right as you turn into Convent from Silom. It’s across from the restaurant Indigo and two down from Fan Club Massage. It’s managed by the restaurant whose French manager assured me the meat was the same high quality as he uses in the restaurant. Dined at Indigo last night with two friends and found it as good as ever, even though the service remains very Gallic – lacking the charm of other similar restaurants.
-
- 15 replies
- 2.8k views
-
-
i met a guy in Bangkok gorgeous beautiful sweet (a little moody lol) We spent 10 days together He never asked for money but i did but buy him a 4ooo baht birthday gift Now im back home in the states and he says he needs money to pay his rent i dont if its get farang money or he is really in trouble its only 154 dollars but i don't want him to think I can pay his rent every month at the same time if he is in distress i don't want to not help him Advise help me please Bigtopme
- 105 replies
- 19.2k views
- 1 follower