Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Gay Guides Forum

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Gay Thailand

This is the main forum for all things gay in Thailand. Post about specific events, places, activities, questions, and comments under the relevant city heading. If commenting on more than one city or other parts of Thailand, use the general comments section below. Keep the topics related to information on Thailand.

  1. Guest anonone
    Started by Guest anonone,

    In case you are looking for domestic air tickets, Thai Airways is running a "special". From their home page, click on the "Rak Khun Tao Fah" button, which shows the airfares to/from BKK and allows you to book. Weekend (Fri,Sat,Sun) flights slightly more expensive then weekday. Valid for ticketing : 29 April 2013 until 31 May 2013 Departure date : 01 May 2013 until 30 September 2013Direct link: http://www.thaiairways.com/offers/special-fare-promotions/en/rakkhun_dom_en.htm Economy class only. Limited seats per flight. From my limited searching, you need to use the flight search function under this special tab. Searching from the main Thai webpage returns …

    • 1 reply
    • 2.7k views
  2. Started by MrBill,

    Not sure if thyis belongs here or in Gay Bali topic but it doesn't look like there's been any action there in some time. Starting to plan a birthday trip for late July. Been thinking about a fist trip to Bali. I can get to BKK using miles on Delta. Best fare from BKK is Air Asia which flies out of Don Muang exclusively I read. I also read about free transfers between the two airports. Can anyone confirm? Delta arrives around 23:30. From past trips I know it doesn't make sense to head "downtown" as everything will be closed by the time I get there. Air Asia leaves for Bali the next morning at round 6:30 AM. Is it best to head to DMG that evening and find a place to sta…

    • 7 replies
    • 3.1k views
  3. (Posted on gaybuttonthai and SGT as well, but I recently learned that several members here rarely read other forums, so I will share here as well.) Living and working in Bangkok: 3 months Now I have been living and working in Bangkok for 3 months, and here is a report about my current situation. ChristianPFC is fit for tropics. I could live and work in Thailand permanently. (Some people on the forums say that holiday is fine for them, but they cannot imagine living here.) After previous stays in England and France, I was prepared for a third world country, and I can cope with tropical weather as well. I can walk 15 minutes in the full sun without excessive swe…

  4. Guest Devint6669
    Started by Guest Devint6669,

    Post) Wonderworld Samui. B&B is a small business situated on the island of Koh Samui, This little piece of paradise is one of the most favorite destination of Thailand for tourist that are interest in the feeling of bean lost in the middle of Heave… The Wonderworld Samui is a small Gay-owned and managed establishment. This Gay Bed and Breakfast Hotel got a very private atmosphere. But Also is very close to all the different distraction that you myth want, easy access to the local gay bar, club, massage, airport and over everything else the beaches. Their room are fully equipped with tv/DVD,fridge,coffemaker,toaster, air conditioning,Fan,safety box,private …

    • 0 replies
    • 27k views
  5. Guest fountainhall
    Started by Guest fountainhall,

    Following dinner last night, we returned to Heartbeat Club in the small soi off Suriwong on the other side from Soi Twilight. Although only a couple of other customers were there, the boys were dancing with their usual gusto, some in mini briefs and some in jeans. My favourite waiter explained that those in jeans were newbies, although at what point the jeans come off, we did not find out However, we asked one of the newbies over for a drink. He's a very handsome 19 year old from Isaan with a fabulous smile. Not much English and this was his first day on the job, but he was just great fun! No shyness there! We adored him! There is no show here, but who would wan…

  6. Guest nekete
    Started by Guest nekete,

    Hi people... Any gay life in Chiang Rai? Can you tell¿

    • 23 replies
    • 14.8k views
  7. Guest kiddycalldu
    Started by Guest kiddycalldu,

    Hi guys ! I am new here and I'd like to know more about you. Please write me at sun5566@hotmail.com Looking forward to receiving some calls Kiss, KiddyCalldu

    • 1 reply
    • 2.2k views
  8. Started by TotallyOz,

    Kittyboy brought up the fact that he lives in China in Christian's thread. I didn't want to derail it but I hope he or others will give some information about living in China. I have been fascinated with China mainly due to the posters on this board and their visits to the country. However, it is not a place that I would consider moving permanently. What makes China better or worst than Thailand? Is it easier to live there? Do you find the laws more constricting? Is the cost of living similar? For retirement, I have really only considered Thailand and Brazil but I would be very curious to know what others that have moved to China experience.

  9. I'm planning a trip to Luang Prabang in July. Plan is to fly up with boyfriend and return by river or land. Looking for suggestions on hotels, nightlife and if returning by river is the way to go. We would probably fly back from Chiang Mai or Chiang Rai to BKK.

  10. Started by TotallyOz,

    It is so interesting the discussion of the dead and the peace and their soul etc. I guess I am one of those that just believe when you are dead you are dead. There is just nothing after that. Do others follow philosophy that there is an afterlife? Or, like Buddhists a reincarnation? What are your views on death? Also, I have said for years that if I were to get an illness that was going to take my life that I would take my own life when I wanted and on the occasion I wanted. I have no desire to die in a hospital or in any place that I can't full take care of myself. I guess I just prefer to go out on my own time. Do others feel the same about this or d…

  11. Guest Devint6669
    Started by Guest Devint6669,

    Corner bar was a very nice Sunee Plaza beer bar where many expats gathered to have a drink. But in the last couple years it had so many changes of ownership. So many guys have told me rumors about the bar was sold to a German guy, now I can comferm it is true the bar was sold to a friend of mind and he will call it DoubleShot, ( guess what that means)now it's still under construction but he told me that it will open between 27 apr. or 30 apr.. We should all gather soon and have a drink over there with the new management. Because the new boss is a good guy in my perceptions.

  12. Started by Mysteryman,

    Howdy! You might already know, but I thought I would tell you just in case. Now you can try to see if you got caught on video, provided you was there in October 2012. http://maps.google.com/ Personally, I will not be seen, as I arrived on Christmas Eve. Looking forward to my vacation again. Arriving on the 26th of May. One month stay only. See you in Come-In bar ... Why there?? Well that's the bar I (we) usually go to, apart from Colonial and Up2U.

    • 0 replies
    • 2.7k views
  13. Started by TotallyOz,

    I signed on to Grindr last night just to see who is online and over 50 within a few thousand feet of me. In less than 20 min, I had 8 messages from cute guys online. Loving it! Anyone else have success with Grindr?

  14. Guest Devint6669
    Started by Guest Devint6669,

    I came across this website the other today and I decided to make a list of the average top 10 Penis in Asia. You will find more information about this subject on this website that I listed below. And guys don't forget to tell us about your personal experience, if this is some true or not. http://www.targetmap.com/viewer.aspx?reportId=3073

  15. Guest travelerjim
    Started by Guest travelerjim,

    Here's a topic of much concern for retirees and expats on 1 year retirement visas... Thailand is losing BIG amounts of Thai baht in the medical care & treatment of expat retirees... What is the solution? Proof Of Medical Insurance Proposed For 1 Year Visa http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/637 ... n=featured http://pattaya-today.com/news/news-from ... -tourists/ The government is considering forcing foreigners to buy health insurance before traveling to Thailand. Public health minister Pradit Sinthawanarong said that 2.5 million foreigners out of a total of 22 million visitors appeared at Thai hospitals last year, but a significant minority were unable to pay whi…

    • 12 replies
    • 3.8k views
  16. Guest fountainhall
    Started by Guest fountainhall,

    “Good morning, ladies and gentlemen. This is your Senior Flight Attendant here. I hope you’re having a good flight. “Oh, and guess what? This plane is soooo easy to fly. Want to know why? Coz I am flying it? Yes, me and my dolly bird Assistant Attendant are at the controls whilst the captain and copilot are catching up on some sleep in business class. “But you must not worry. We actually got a full 20 minutes of instruction beforehand. “The autopilot is on and it’s just so . . .Oops! What happened there? Seems I flicked a switch with my elbow and I’m not quite as in control as I thought!” Fantasy? Sadly, not at all. The narrative may vary a bit, but on a…

    • 13 replies
    • 3.6k views
  17. Guest PattayaPlayers
    Started by Guest PattayaPlayers,

    Get ready to laugh as the Pattaya Players bring you their latest comical full length play. Tickets are now on sale for the summer production of "Divorce Sale." Written by Linda Stockham and directed by Christopher T. Parsons, "Divorce Sale" hits Eastern Grand Palace Hotel this June 14th-15th and features a soon-to-be divorcee who holds a non-conventional garage sale with help from her neighborhood friends. In the process, their own marriages get the comic once-over. While one couple deals with suspicions of infidelity, another couple seems to have the perfect union for an unlikely pair -- but their friends have yet to learn the story behind it all. Add to that, a nutty m…

    • 1 reply
    • 1.9k views
  18. Guest SIFTR
    Started by Guest SIFTR,

    The new owner of the oldest Thailand message board has taken over the controls. Lets just hope he can control the mass of hydras on the site.

  19. Guest SIFTR
    Started by Guest SIFTR,

    Finally, a first in USA. An openly gay major sports figure has come out breaking down the barrier the sports world thought was a long time away. Are there openly gay soccer players in Thailand? How open in the country to professional sports players being out?

  20. When in Tuk com the other week I bought several iPhone 5 down to to 4 dock adaptors but on getting them home and checking them in several different docking devices none of them work, so is anyone aware perhaps is there a difference in the Asian market adaptors over the UK model ones that would be causing this ? I do know that can be the case with some other iPhone products but was surprised if it stretches as far as simple adaptors? Thankfully they weren't expensive so it's no big deal but I'd just like to know to perhaps save any future fruitless purchases.

    • 5 replies
    • 2.5k views
  21. Guest travelerjim
    Started by Guest travelerjim,

    Dear GT Friends, I have just received word from a good Expat friend of mine who has been caring for LMTU, John Booth.... during his cancer illness. John Booth passed away today in Thailand....Either on Thursday morning April 25, 2013 or Friday morning April 26th in my friends home in Bangkok. I have asked for clarification of the date. In his final days, weeks and most recent months, my Expat friend & his brother opened their Bangkok home to assist John in his cancer battle. Caring for him night and day. They did this as a humanitarian gesture. I will post additional information if and as it becomes available for sharing. John Booth, LMTU ...has passed.....M…

  22. Guest fountainhall
    Started by Guest fountainhall,

    OK, now time for a restaurant you should definitely avoid! For a coffee and a nice French cake, Le Notre can be enjoyable, but pricey. For dinner, it is like dining in an odd sort of war zone. On a par, perhaps, with Fawlty Towers – but without the fun! My friend and I met for dinner on Sunday at Le Notre in Langsuan. We had once eaten there before, but it was so long ago we could not remember anything about it – apart from a dripping aircon. Well, surprise, surprise! The same aircon was still dripping this time. So we first moved the table over a bit to ensure none of the drip found its way into our food. The waiter came over to take our drinks order. Now I have to adm…

  23. Guest fountainhall
    Started by Guest fountainhall,

    If you are in Bangkok now, look up! It's the time of year when the city blooms in gorgeous bright colours. From my window I have seen a carpet of short-lived yellow blossoms over the last week or so. Now it's all turning to pink, white and brilliant red and should remain like this for a few weeks. Banish the traffic blues, sit in a park, look out of the Skytrain windows or hire a crane . Bangkok can be as beautiful above head height as it can below the waist

  24. Guest SIFTR
    Started by Guest SIFTR,

    Fantastic time at Double Shots in Pattaya where the old Corner Bar was once. The new owner has done an incredible job with the renovations and the decorations. It looks amazing and the prices are reasonable. This bar has the potential to become the most happening place in all of Pattaya. Drop in and give them a shout out!

  25. Started by Bob,

    This information only relates to those who have Thai bank accounts where the bank withholds taxes on interest payments (i.e., it likely applies to all that base their retirement visa on keeping 800k baht in a Thai bank). Anyway, I obviously noted that the the bank, when it pays interest, withholds 15% of the interest and sends that off to the lovely Thai government. I actually guessed that there probably was some way (hire an accountant or something) to get all or some of it back but didn't bother with it. Now I know how it works. Presuming you have no other Thai tax liabilities (meaning you don't have other income in Thailand), you can get a full refund of the…

    • 9 replies
    • 2.9k views

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.