Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Gay Guides Forum

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Gay Thailand

This is the main forum for all things gay in Thailand. Post about specific events, places, activities, questions, and comments under the relevant city heading. If commenting on more than one city or other parts of Thailand, use the general comments section below. Keep the topics related to information on Thailand.

  1. Guest fountainhall
    Started by Guest fountainhall,

    OK, kudos to Air Asia! Recognising that a number of popular islands are not served by Air Asia flights (or those of most other carriers, for that matter), it has started up a new service. If your destination is Samui, Phangan, Phi Phi, Lanta or Lipe Islands, you can now book an “all-in” Easy Transfer Service – and there is a new destination section under Thailand for this. The airline’s booking system will automatically select the nearest airstrip/airport. On arrival, you’ll be met by at the airport by a “passenger vehicle” which will transport you to the appropriate pier for a ferry to your chosen island. The surface and sea transport is included in the one ticket. h…

    • 0 replies
    • 1.2k views
  2. Guest fountainhall
    Started by Guest fountainhall,

    I have lifted this remark from the earlier thread "How Do You Feel About The World Cup?" 24-year old Japanese soccer star Keisuke Honda not only scored one of the great goals of that tournament, he was one of the most handsome, and attracted the notice of several posters, with such subtle comments as the one about his great long balls . Unfortunately for regular soccer watchers on TV, he was contracted to a Moscow soccer team, and we all know how often Russian league games appear on True - never! Now, however, Honda-watchers may be in for a treat. It appears the young man is considering a move further west and that a transfer may be in the works within a week. Live…

    • 9 replies
    • 3k views
  3. Started by Rogie,

    Perhaps you will recall the incident in October last year in which the bodies of 13 Chinese men were found in mysterious circumstances. I remember when first hearing of this incident I thought to myself "that's a really bad move - whoever did this - killing Chinese citizens, they won't get away with this as the Chinese authorities won't take this lying down", and so it proves, apparently . . . Now the trial has started in China. I am sure most of us are highly sceptical anything will change as a result of this trial. Putting one drugs warlord behind bars is all window-dressing, he''s probably already been replaced by one or more new 'drugs barons' on…

    • 2 replies
    • 1.3k views
  4. Guest PattayaPlayers
    Started by Guest PattayaPlayers,

    The Pattaya Players are busy preparing for three upcoming productions and need your support! On Tuesday, October 2, 2012 at 6:30 PM, there will be an open audition call for anyone interested in portraying a role in this year's Christmas Panto, "Goldilocks and the Three Bears." On Saturday, October 13, 2012 at 7:30 PM, the troupe will be performing a Pattaya first: a five course wine dinner experience featuring a production entitled "Dionysus and the Three Goddesses." And finally, the busy thespians of Pattaya Players are searching for volunteers to help with their Fifth Annual Haunted Halloween event at Thai Polo Club on Saturday, October 27, 2012. The open call a…

    • 0 replies
    • 1.4k views
  5. Guest fountainhall
    Started by Guest fountainhall,

    Starting today, Air Asia/Thai Air Asia has a 1 million seat sale. According to the adverts, some seats will be free (apart from taxes etc) whilst others will be much reduced. Details are - Booking Periods: Domestic - from today to 23 September International - from 20 - 23 September Travel Period: 1 April - 30 September 2013 http://www.airasia.com/th/en/promotion/rr2410409.page?mb I note that Air Asia's code for Don Mueang airport is BAK. I have always assumed it was DMK - and this is still the code on the official Don Mueang site. Does any other airport have two codes?

  6. Guest fountainhall
    Started by Guest fountainhall,

    There's a small piece in today's Bangkok Post about the arrival off Phuket of the box jellyfish, a frequently deadly species rarely seen before off Thailand. Apparently a tourist already died from a sting in April. A much longer piece appeared in Sunday's edition of the South China Morning Post in Hong Kong. This is just an extract -

  7. Guest fountainhall
    Started by Guest fountainhall,

    This is an erotic period drama set in 1930s Thailand. The 2001 version was heavily censored here but shown without cuts overseas (I saw it in Hong Kong). Suwinit Panjamawat looked great in the title role, both in costume and au naturel. The new version falls under more recent censorship guidelines here, and with an X certificate permits a good deal more flesh to be shown than the last one. According to reviews, Thai actor and model Mario Maurer, of Chinese and Germen descent is also even more attractive. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-nmKEs9q2NQ

    • 0 replies
    • 2.5k views
  8. Z909 said in another thread that there is no ignore feature on Gay Thailand. That is not the case. Instead of giving a detailed response in that thread and it gets lost, I thought I would start a new one to make it easy for all to search. You can Ignore anyone. To do this, go to the top of this screen and see you name and click on it. Hold down the mouse button and a drop down button comes up. This is right beneath the VS Media boys and it has a Message Icon, Notifications Icon, your Name and Log Out. It is the first section of the Forums beneath the photos. When you get to that drop down, hit the button called: Manage Ignore Preferences. That takes you …

  9. Guest travelerjim
    Started by Guest travelerjim,

    Security Message to American Citizens: Demonstration at U.S. Embassy Bangkok on September 18 September 18, 2012 The U.S. Embassy in Bangkok, Thailand has been informed by the Royal Thai Police that a demonstration involving several hundred people is planned on Wireless Road in front of the Embassy beginning between 1 PM and 2 PM on Tuesday, September 18. Demonstrators will assemble at Lumpini Park and march to the Embassy. The large number of demonstrators is expected to disrupt traffic in the area. Consequently, the Embassy will be closing to the public at noon and non-essential personnel will be sent home. Visa and citizen services appointments scheduled for th…

    • 0 replies
    • 1.1k views
  10. Started by TotallyOz,

    Like most Apple enthusiasts, I enjoyed the new features on the IPhone that was announced yesterday. I did hear that the Sim Card is going to be even smaller than the current one. I remember when they first did this, the local Thai phone people cut the sim card and it worked. Does anyone know if this is going to be possible with the new updates? Does DTAC have any announcements out for the new phones there? I know in October there is to be yet another Apple announcement and that is expected to be an upgrade to the IPad and a new IPad Mini as well as updates to the IMac and Mac Mini lineups. Perfect time right before Xmas so all the buzz can build up.

  11. Started by Nikom,

    Which Boy's Town hotel is best: Ambiance or LeCafe Royale? Any one stay at Baan Dok Mai? Thanks for any help!

  12. Started by TotallyOz,

    I am considering taking the BF to this resort I found for a week. It looks lovely but I have heard nothing about it. Anyone have any experience with this place? It is on the edge of Krabi's National Marine Park. http://www.rayavadee.com/ It also has great reviews: http://www.tripadvis...i_Province.html

  13. I love several of the Priority Club hotels in Asia. There are some in Hong Kong and Singapore that are really expensive and you can easily buy enough points with this deal to save money if you like these hotels. The hotels in Thailand are reasonable rates and even the Intercontinental Hotel in Bangkok and Hua Hin have decent deals for under 200 per night. However, if you are going to stay at a hotel that is over this rate, the deal below might be worth it for you. I know I bought 50,000 points and got 20,000 more for 575.00 USD. I'll then use these in Brazil where the hotels are often over 600 a night. The cost for me for 3 nights will be 75,000 points and save me 4…

  14. Guest fountainhall
    Started by Guest fountainhall,

    On a day when traffic was absolutely gridlocked around the Rama IV/Sathorn/Ngamduplee/Sribumphen area at 6:00 pm, it was somewhat ironical that the Bangkok Metropolitcan Administration has been calling on residents to use public transport more and their private cars less. It turns out the number of cars in the city is 4.4 times beyond the city’s road capacity. http://www.nationmul...g-30190349.html I wonder why I think it will never happen! I wonder, too, why the BMA does not take stronger measures than mere exhortations, including limiting the number of private cars permitted on the roads each day. But then TIT!

    • 0 replies
    • 1.2k views
  15. I am a very liberal Democrat but it doesn't matter to me which party you are from if you are from the USA. I think everyone has a duty to vote. Have you started the process if you are in Thailand? Have you made plans? If you don't vote and the rules change for expats or overseas banking or medical coverage or etc. you really can't complain. Please vote for the party of your choice (preferably the one with the handsome black man on top of the white guy on the ticket and not the one who wears magic underwear).

  16. Started by MrBill,

    I know this crosses topics addressed before, but I couldn't find an answer so I hope people will forgive me if this seems like a repeat. After a 3 year absence, I will visit thailand again. I will arrive Nov 22 in BKK. I have an appointment in BKK Sunday Nov 25 AM. After that I plan on heading to Pattaya. I've done most all the touristy things and bars in BKK, so I'm thinking of visiting some place new for Nov 22-24 rather than stay in BKK. Is 2 days enough to do Chiang Mai or would you folks in the know recommend some other places to visit? In my previous 6 trips I've only visited BKK, Pattaya and Phuket. Not really interested in returning to Phuket. Looking on t…

  17. Guest fountainhall
    Started by Guest fountainhall,

    As the forecasters today warn of possible flooding and forest run-off in the next 36 hours in the North, Northeast, Central plains, East and South, government officials have been declaring water drainage tests conducted yesterday in Bangkok a success. http://www.bangkokpo...d-drill-success More test are due tomorrow in eastern Bangkok.

    • 4 replies
    • 1.6k views
  18. Guest kwok007
    Started by Guest kwok007,

    Hi I am a newbie to this forum. I somehow came across a web of a massage place offering tantric massage in BKK. (I don't know if I am allowed to post a link) I would like to know if someone has some experience there. Also their Thai massage is also at a higher rate compared with other massage shops. Is there anything special? Thanks!

    • 24 replies
    • 15.8k views
  19. http://www.bangkokpo...ld-back-torrent Ooooops!!!!! My mistake. They are from this year !

    • 2 replies
    • 1.4k views
  20. Guest jomtiened
    Started by Guest jomtiened,

    My Thai boyfriend and I are planning a short trip to Egypt from Thailand. Has anyone had any experience getting an Egyptian Visa for a Thai? Is it easy or difficult to get?

    • 1 reply
    • 1.4k views
  21. Started by TotallyOz,

    I saw a great deal at the JW Marriott for one day this week for a room and breakfast for under 3,000 baht. I wanted to wait to sure of some dates before I booked and went back the next day and it was gone! You snooze, you loose. I called them and they said it was a one day only sale.

  22. hmmm....title says it all! Headline in today's Bangkok Post: Rain forces end to eastern drainage test http://www.bangkokpo...n-drainage-test And, aren't those new water-pushing machines just adorable?

    • 0 replies
    • 1.2k views
  23. Guest PattayaPlayers
    Started by Guest PattayaPlayers,

    The Pattaya Players (Home of Pattaya's Professional Amateurs) are proud to announce that tickets are now on sale for their latest comic calamity, “Inspector Drake and the Perfekt Crime” (directed by Wendy Khan) playing on September 28-29, 2012 at Eastern Grand Palace Hotel. This mad cap mystery involves the disappearance of the wife of Dr. Rupert Short, followed shortly by the arrival of the legendary Inspector Drake of Scotland Yard - poised to investigate. A battle of wits ensues between Drake and the prime suspect, who appears to have committed the 'perfect crime.' After a number of hilarious twists and turns, Drake thinks he has gotten to the bottom of things – b…

    • 0 replies
    • 1.3k views
  24. Guest fountainhall
    Started by Guest fountainhall,

    What is happening on this Board? A box at the foot of the page tells is there are 12,225 members of gaythailand.com. Not all are active, and many probably have not visited any part of the site for a long time. Nevertheless, 12,225 is quite a healthy figure. But something has been happening in the last couple of weeks. Have you noticed the names of the latest members? Now, many of us choose log-in names which may seem a bit off the wall. But the latest members seem to have come from some weird computer programme. How else do you explain these names, all of which have become members on the last 10 days or so? ksenniaaaaaa, om0BladeSoulsb6, CmIriggigh, BafAffoxflirl,…

  25. Guest fountainhall
    Started by Guest fountainhall,

    When did it start, I wonder? At least as far back as Shakespearean times. The cod-piece on men’s trousers not only led to an appealing bulge, they enabled a quick unlacing when nature called. And the act of taking a pee whilst standing up probably goes much further back than that. After all, it’s so much faster and more sensible than going into a stall, taking down one’s pants and undergarment, and then sitting or squatting as the ladies do – isn’t it? Yet, that’s not what the Environment Protection Minster of Taiwan thinks. He wants all men to revert to sitting on the bowl when shaking hands with the vicar in public toilets. It avoids spatter and the smell of stale u…

    • 8 replies
    • 2.2k views

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.