Gay Thailand
This is the main forum for all things gay in Thailand. Post about specific events, places, activities, questions, and comments under the relevant city heading. If commenting on more than one city or other parts of Thailand, use the general comments section below. Keep the topics related to information on Thailand.
Subforums
11,067 topics in this forum
-
Today the Thai media is full of stories and ghastly photos of yesterday's crash on one of the main expressways. http://www.bangkokpost.com/news/local/213693/teen-under-fire-over-crash Apart from sadness at the senseless loss of eight lives, much attention has focussed on the alleged driver of the Honda Civic. The Bangkok Post claims it was a young lady named Orachorn "Prae-wa" Thephasadin Na Ayudhya. The Nation decided not to print the name. In Thai society, the suffix Na Ayudhya is usually granted by the Royal Household, implying that one of the lady's parents held some important office. This has resulted in a great deal of chat room gossip about a cover-up al…
-
- 20 replies
- 5.5k views
- 1 follower
-
-
One of the regular gripes in Bangkok is taxis who refuse a fare. When this happens in the heavy rain after you've been waiting tens of minutes, it is doubly infuriating. Now a new regulation will come into effect from Saturday. http://www.bangkokpost.com/breakingnews/309622/fine-for-cabbies-refusing-service Those who feel aggrieved can also call the 1197 hotline. However, for those who do not read Thai, giving the license plate number will be a problem. So regular taxi-goers might be advised either to learn the alphabet, or have their mobile phone at the ready to take a photo. But one increasing problem this will not address is taxis who cruise with thei…
-
- 5 replies
- 1.8k views
- 1 follower
-
-
I am never quite sure what to make of inflation statistics. The media inform us that annual inflation is now somewhere in the region of 3%, partly on the back of continually high oil prices. We are also told that wage rises and strengthening domestic demand may add to inflationary pressure later this year. Even so, Thailand's inflation is said to be lower than many neighbouring countries. But that's not what my wallet tells me! In my small BKK condo, the management fees have increased by almost 20% in just 3 years, and this despite a cut-back in some of the services. In the supermarket, I notice some items have increased well over 3%. Admittedly, many are imported goo…
-
- 2 replies
- 1.5k views
-
-
I see there’s an exciting new young Korean pianist giving a recital in Bangkok on Saturday 20 October. Ji-Yong is just 21 (and cute) but won the New York Philharmonic Orchestra’s Yong Artists Competition at the age of just 10 – the youngest ever pianist to do so. He then went on to perform a concerto with the NYPO under Kurt Masur the following year. In Bangkok he plays Bach, Beethoven and Chopin. Tickets at www.thaiticketmajor.com Apart from his standard and his looks, this young man has a social conscience, having started a charity to help the homeless and those with HIV-AIDS. He's also helping classical music break from its chains to the concert hall. This mus…
-
Many people use Sathorn Soi 1 to get to Babylon or the Malaysia and Ibis hotels. That soi is presently undergoing major roadworks for the installation of new sewers and there has been no daytime access for vehicles from Sathorn for the last 3 days. Vehicles therefore have to access from the other direction - by going down Sathorn to Suan Phlu and then turning left in to the bottom part of Soi Ngamduphli. Either that or come in from the Rama IV entrance to Ngamduphli Walking along today, I noticed that only 60 meters of piping has been laid, and there are no more pipe units at the roadside. This may mean the soi will open tomorrow for a few days before being closed aga…
-
I have a few friends that are part of the higher ups with the Yellow Shirts. I have known them for over 20 years and back to my undergrad days. I had dinner with them recently and they predicted that there would be more fighting in the next 1-2 months. According to them, the government is going to try to find a way for Thaskin to get his money back if if that happens, all bets are off with regard to how big the hatred will get. Being state side for a long time, I had not heard much about this recently and I guess I thought it was a thing of the past. I thought when the new Prime Minister was elected that the people knew she would try to get the money back for …
-
- 16 replies
- 2.9k views
- 1 follower
-
-
I was watching a TV show on commercial flights in Alaska where they were using two and four engine piston engine prop planes. It reminded me of the one and only time I few on one of those planes. It was a Lockheed Constellation on a very short flight from San Francisco to Oakland, Calif, about 15 minutes. That was in 1967 just about the time the Constellations ended service. All I remember was the vibration! Can't imagine what a long flight would be like. Anyone have any experiences in any of these older aircraft?
-
- 19 replies
- 3.3k views
-
-
The title of the post about Rob Astbury (sp??) became about View Talay and Ocean 1. I had a question so started a new post. I heard that many investors (buyers) of Ocean 1 wanted their money back due to all the delays but the contract was worded in such a way that they could not. Rumor to be sure but any truth to it?
-
- 33 replies
- 8.2k views
-
-
All very strange I have been asked to join this Old renewed gay forum, that looks as though it could have major possibilites to some of the other slower more information, previously contriversal sites, all highly controlled by the owners who seem to want to be the star attractions, The Big attraction to some will be on the www.bahtstop.com site you have no idea who is running the show, plus It even has a PATTAYA BITCH BOARD FORUM not that ill be using it, if no one bitches me, as usual no one will have any problems from me. my only problem is, "the truth has far more bitchiness, than the lies they spew out. What I find strange is the old American owner states h…
-
I keep hearing how dead Gay Pattaya is becoming and I must agree I gauge how things are by going to "NiceBoys " and yes full of fem voiced lady boy types, when you travel around Soi Sunee a very few customers in the Host Bar, not to unusual for July and August the main lowest months from Gay travellers here, even though chatting to my dear friend and owner if the Balcany Gay Pub Soi 4 Silom road Bangkok, he tells me business is doing well, Go go Bars full of Asians well if they can't borrow money in the West no long haul trips, Turkey seems popular and now cheaper than thailand I'm told and very gay under the serface. So it would seem something is wrong with Pattaya …
-
- 42 replies
- 12.9k views
- 1 follower
-
-
I'm specifically wondering what their guest policy might be? I'm also considering the Rose Hotel, Dusit Thani, Glow Trinity Silom and the Ascott Sathorn, if anyone wants to throw me some recommendations. I'm only gonna be in town for a couple days, and The Silom-Surawong area will be convenient.
-
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9yLuqCXXutY
-
There is a new blog on the web started by a friend with some good tips about Gay Pattaya. See it at http://gaypattaya.wordpress.com/
-
- 11 replies
- 8.1k views
-
-
The latest big move to hit Bangkok is going to be "Calypso Cabaret Club" and guess what is going to be in It's place? It will be the David Shrubshaw, old Icon Pattaya and old Icon/Rome Soi 4 fame. If any of you visited the Playhouse in Phuket, then just closed in Chaing Mai, your now be able to see all your favorite stars in this all new Bangkok Playhouse, to open may be November?
-
FIre broke out in the Tiger Disco in Phuket's Patong beach area around 4:00 a.m. this morning. It is assumed that lightning struck a transformer causing the fire which the Fire Services took about an hour to get under control. The disco is popular with foreign tourists and it is thought the four dead are foreigners. Another 12 are in hospital. Three and a half years have passed since the dreadful Santika Club blaze in Bangkok. That killed 67. The owner and another man are now in jail as a result. But both highlight the lack of safety standards - and the enforcement of standards - in many of Thailand's popular late night hang-outs. Concerns have been expressed sev…
-
- 5 replies
- 1.8k views
- 1 follower
-
-
I traveled last trip on Korean Air and I LOVED it. I spent around 4500 USD for the ticket and I don't mind doing that for every trip. However, as I am now looking again for tickets for the future, I can't seem to find anything for less than 5500. That is 1k more than I am willing to pay. Here is the main issue. I travel with 7 bags. If I take Korean, I only get 2 free and the other 5 cost 1,000. If I use Delta, I can take more bags for lower price as I am a professional photographer in USA and have ID for discount rates for Delta or American. Basically, 50 USD for every bag. That is a savings of over 650. But, I don't have status on American and Delt…
-
- 16 replies
- 2.4k views
- 1 follower
-
-
Still a convicted felon, former PM Thaksin has been holding a series of meetings titled “An Easy Talk with Thaksin” for the media and friends around the USA. But “easy” hardly seems the most appropriate word as the PAD has staged protests during his visits to San Francisco, New York and Houston. In LA yesterday protesters, including anti-Thaksin yellow-shirts holding posters proclaiming “Thug-sin”, “Convicted Fugitive” and “Wanted Criminal”, mixed with red-shirt supporters, including wanted leader Daranee Kritboonyalai. After several hours, the planned meeting at the Thailand Food Court on Hollywood Street was cancelled on the advice of the local police. Thaksin phone…
-
With subjects such as cottaging yet again appearing on the Board along with fairly frequent references to social networking sites, there is an interesting and timely interview on the fridae website with HIV expert and author Elizabeth Pisani. One of the pioneers of UNAIDS, when asked what she does for a living, she will tell you, “sex and drugs”! Specifically, she’s an epidemiologist who has worked on four continents “researching, documenting and trying to control the deadly HIV epidemic.” In Asia, she has spent many years in Indonesia to work with the Ministry of Health in strengthening their HIV surveillance system. One of the many points she makes is the recent hom…
-
- 4 replies
- 3.7k views
-
-
I have read up on the legal requirements on what I am allowed to bring into Thailand as "household goods" and what I am not. However, I am not sure if I am just bringing a blender and and Express machine over as part of my luggage if it will be an issue? I don't want issue and I normally travel with many bags anyway. I just won't want to bring a nice my favorite 2 things over on my next trip. Any suggestions or advice is most appreciated.
-
- 2 replies
- 1.3k views
- 1 follower
-
-
Marriott announces new Suite upgrade in Asia for Most Valued members... http://travel.usatoday.com/hotels/post/2012/08/marriott-complimentary-suite-upgrades-asia/821463/1 Michael...they are about to make you feel even more welcomed :-) Enjoy .. tj
-
- 1 reply
- 1.4k views
- 1 follower
-
-
Hi, I'm a 19 year old norwegian guy that will be visiting thailand for 4 months, september - december. Have been thinking of earning some extra by doing some freelancing in Pattaya, but is there really a market for that with all thai guys available? Where would be the best place to pick up a "customer"? Thanks
-
- 11 replies
- 4.3k views
- 1 follower
-
-
Membership card for Eros Boy Bar and Happy Boys Bar, last month A big thank you to all low season customers who visit our bars. In appreciation of your business during the low season you can have low season prices all year long. Simple buy a membership card for only 100 baht in Eros Boy Bar and you can have low season prices all year. Sales of membership cards will end on August 31, and will not resume until June 2013. We appreciate your business!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! http://erosboybar.com
-
http://tinyurl.com/9upjzmm OK. So they call it the pink baht. The link is to a BK magazine blurb about a new weekly Gay Night at the hotel's WXYZ bar. Apparently the entertainment is provided by the Silom Soi 2 drag queen troupe. And if you drink too much (or perhaps just meet someone there), you can get a room for B1,900 if you check in after 10 p.m. The hotel -- and the bar, too -- gets awesome reviews on http://www.tripadvisor.com So good, in fact, I'm thinking of switching from my usual Bangkok hotel.
-
This week Travelzoo has an offer for the recently opened Sofitel So Hotel on the corner of Sathorn and Rama IV. It offers 5-star luxury at a very reasonable price right through from now to December 31. Nightly rate is A$129 per night and includes – Daily Buffet Breakfast for 2 Guaranteed Upgrade to ‘So Comfy’ room overlooking Lumphini Park Free WiFi throughout the Hotel Various other small extras Tax and Service charges Conditions: Validity: now to December 31 2012 Vouchers must be purchased by Wednesday 15 August Rooms booked not later than 1 December. Vouchers are non-refundable, but dates can be changed subject to availability. Notes: A$1 = appr…
-
- 2 replies
- 2.1k views
- 1 follower
-
-
A delicious blend of Southern Comfort and Amaretto and orange juice. Featured all month for 95 baht. Warning: This cocktail is so smooth that over-indulgence is possible.