Gay Thailand
This is the main forum for all things gay in Thailand. Post about specific events, places, activities, questions, and comments under the relevant city heading. If commenting on more than one city or other parts of Thailand, use the general comments section below. Keep the topics related to information on Thailand.
Subforums
11,067 topics in this forum
-
On another thread, there is a discussion about paying utility bills each month 'manually' rather than by direct debit - so that the amount can be checked before payment. I wonder how many of us similarly check restaurant bills? I have to admit I occasionally flip through a bill before paying, but more often than not in most vases I just pay it. Not after last night, though. A friend and I went to one of our usual restaurants, the Coffee Shop in Le Meridien in Suriwong Road in Bangok. Perhaps not surprisingly, the hotel's business is terrible just now and the Coffee Shop was closed. Only the rather funky bar and more formal Bamboo Chic restaurant upstairs were open. Af…
-
I have been working all night on a banner section for the top of the website. The general consensus from members here seem to advise us to remove the boys (webcam boys) from the top of the site. We are going to give this a test run for a few months. We are going to replace this with links to gay run businesses in Thailand. We have selected a few that we will be putting up soon to test the new look. We ask for member's suggestions and advice on this. We hope to make this site a wonderful and comfortable community for all. We hope the new banner area helps the majority and we are willing to test this to see if successful. We will reserve the right to make change…
-
Previous posts have mentioned that Thai business owners do not seem to respond to an economic crises with good sound capitalism or even common sense. Last night at Suan Lume Night Bazar I was confronted with this comment: Business bad, cannot discount. I also note that many hotels are, to say the least, not running at capacity but they do not discount rooms. Logic would seem to dictate that it is better to sell at a lesser profit than to not sell at all. Seems that, in the Thai mind, when business is bad the price must remain stable or even go up. How do their thought processes work?
-
I think we all spend different amounts when we come to the amazing LOS. Thailand is full of some of the hottest gay action on earth. IMHO, I don't think anywhere else compares. I often get asked how much is spent on a typical stay and I tell everyone that most people can afford a trip to Thailand no matter what their budget. The largest cost is the airplane (for a short trip). What do you spend on a typical day in paradise? Accommodation Food Taxis/Tuk Tuk/Baht Bus/Motorcyle Rental Barfines/Off Fees Tips/ShortTime/LongTime Drinks/Alcohol/Booze/Liters Miscellaneous
-
Come out and WIN...BINGO tonight at The Bondi... WEDNESDAY NIGHTS - 9:00PM ON... Their handsome Waiters (sure hope they have their shirtless vests) will help you mark your cards as you mark them for an off... Enjoy, tj
-
Just watch on CNN's Sunday show a new computer introduced by the country of India. It looks a lot like a IPad, and is said to do basically everything the IPad does.....The catch is that the IPad starts at $500 US and goes up to $800, while the new India computer start at $35 US and they hope to get that down to $10 in the future....a functional IPad type computer for $10...that will open a few new markets...I might even be abel to afford one!!
-
- 4 replies
- 1.5k views
-
-
I am booked out of EWR on sept 29th arriving bkk on Oct 1st. Mr Toom will provide the airport pickup and a diret drive to Yensabai. I have not stayed at Yensabai so am looking forward to it. I have a room over looking the pool. I do not set a routine but a coouple days a week I go to pattaya park early mornings to swim then spend a couple hours at Lit's on the beach. Anyone wanting to meet for dinner once in awhile I am available. I do not smoke or drink more than a one a night. Am diabetic so that eliminates over indulgence.
-
- 3 replies
- 1.2k views
-
-
Several posters have told me how much they enjoy visiting Brazil. Especially Rio. In today's Bangkok Post, there is a story about 30 tourists being kidnapped by several gunman out side of the Intercontinental Hotel in Rio. "It looked like a war zone" with all the automatic weapon fire as the gunman battled police according to the article. What an exciting holiday. Sounds like Bangkok during the Red's occupation and Government take back
-
- 45 replies
- 7k views
-
-
A most interesting posting on GayTingTong.. http://www.gaytingtong.com/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=7292 All about "Barebacking in Chiang Mai". ..on Elephants looks like a great Thai experience. (Now...if only my artificial hips would agree) Barebacking in Chiang Mai - a very pleasurable experience! Post by gwm4asian » Sun Aug 22, 2010 9:23 pm Have just finished entertaining 4 visitors from the UK who are considerably younger than myself. One of the things we did was a trip up to Chiang Mai, and whilst we were there they spotted an advert for an unusual elephant experience. Instead of the normal trot around the "jungle" in a swaying c…
-
I often get asked what is the difference between the guys in the bars and the ones in the saunas in Brazil. There are many differences but I tend like like the Brazilian guys body better than the ones I see here. They are more defined and generally more athletic. That is only in the ones I see at the bars and saunas. I love Thai guys or I would not live in Thailand part of the year. If you want to see what some of the Brazil guys look like, take a look at this thread on another site as well as some other threads in the South American Forum there. It is also a great primer for anyone who has not been to a sauna in Brazil. My first time in Thailand, I read G…
-
Assuming you had the figure, could you be a gogo dancer job? Standing on stage in my swimwear -no problem. That part's just the same as being at the beach. Pay 5x my salary & it might be an interesting option even now. The part I couldn't accept is getting intimate with hairy overweight people twice my age.... No way.
-
Looking for something different to do, and in precisely the opposite direction of the Red-Shirt demonstrations? You might be interested in the Chanthaburi Durian Festival: _____ World Durian Festival 2010 to Be Held in Chanthaburi in May Chanthaburi is recognized as the only province in Thailand, and in the world, where the majority of farmers are engaged in durian production. The province organizes a World Durian Festival each year to promote durian consumption and introduce its tourist attractions and local products. The 2010 World Durian Festival will be held from May 1 to 9 at Thung Na Choei Lagoon and Chanthaburi Stadium. The opening ceremony is schedul…
-
As reported on GayTingTong... So sad... http://www.gaytingtong.com/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=7301&sid=4e2995feb9b535c87161b326092ae187 -------------------------------------- Ladyboy bar...for one night only ...next door to MMB, on the ground floor of Galapagos (fka Sabai House), a new bar opened last night (Monday) called 'Oy & B.2', and was open for business at about 16:00. Lots of ladyboys gathered outside,but at the close of business this morning (Tuesday), the farang owner keeled over and died of a heart attack. Commiserations to all those he left behind. --------------------------------------
-
Famous Bar, the newest bar in the Sunee area, will be having a party on Thursday, August 26th starting at 8PM and going on to wee small hours of the morning. It's located on Soi VC a little further away from the beach than the old Look Boy's Club/Playboys. The occasion is the birthday party for Lita, the owner. There will be a substantial free buffet. I'm told the eats at the Grand Opening party was excellent so you're in for a real treat above and beyond standard bar fare. Famous is a ladyboy bar, not to everyone's taste. But for those who have been curious about this new bar, it is a good opportunity to pop in and check it out. All are invite…
-
CATS PLACE RE-OPENS Cats Place has re-opened... It features ladyboys in its "Red Room" with an A Go Go format. Location: Between Day-Night 1 and 2 on the same soi as Chez Vickie restaurant.. with Grottinos Bakery Restaurant on the corner. Anybody visited there yet? Report?? tj
-
GOOD MORNING WHEREVER YOU ARE... Time to Get UP... but while you are sipping your coffee... Enjoy some "eye candy" too.... tj Looking over fellow gay boards...see this "eye candy" as posted on Gay Ting Tong from Netrix... Netrix sure knows how to find them...Thanks! http://www.gaytingtong.com/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=7288 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OmTTTvk-4qc
-
We are looking to place ads in Thai publications. I know of only 2. Thai Phun and Sticky Rice. Are there other places that we would be able to place GayThailand.com ads?
-
Trip report 24.06.2010-07.07.2010 Bangkok Pattaya Here I want to share my experiences during my third holiday in Bangkok and Pattaya and ask for advice. People I met are given alphabet letters. “January” refers to my second holiday in Thailand in January 2010, “August” to my first holiday in August 2009. Reconstructed from memory, photos and my notes on all expenses (I write down every Baht I spend). I can’t check the truth of what the boys told me, so I will report it as told to me. GR Gayromeo, “friend from GR” – never met in real life before, bf boyfriend. Abstract: Bars range from deserted (apart from boys and mamasan) to reasonably well visited. Compared to …
-
Just curious as I almost bought a place there years ago and backed out, I have passed by the site several times in the past week and nothing seems to be happening. What is the latest on the developments there? When I looked into this I do remember a launch day but can't remember what that date was. When is it supposed to be finished?
-
Many of us are currently in, or have been in relationships with Thai guys. Some are working beautifully. Others turn out to be nothing but problems and horror stories. Where do you fit in? Are you currently in a relationship? Did it begin fairly recently and you're not really sure yet where it's going? Are you in a relationship that you consider to already be long-term? If your current relationship is working, have you been in past relationships that went bad? If yes, are you happy you did it? Some are probably very happy and would do the same thing tomorrow. Others wish they never got involved and are about to end it or they feel trapped and can't find…
-
I had a boy special over last night and let him sleep over. We went to bed at 1AM. It is now almost 12 hours later and he is still sound asleep. The BF is gone for the day but will be back early afternoon. I would hate for him to find Goldilocks sleeping in his bed. I even went to the Marriott this AM and ate breakfast and went swimming. He is still asleep. When you have sleep overs, do you have trouble having the to get out of bed?
-
I usually don't write a review if I don't like the place. I tend to keep my mouth shut. But..... First, there was a wait on a Tuesday night. So, we sat near the door. Next our drinks were never delivered until after all the food came and we asked again. Next the food came one by one (similar to most Thai places) but usually at most Sizlers in Thailand they are brought together. Next, they messed up a few of the orders. Last, the 700 baht steak I had was HORRENDOUS. So, much so I refused to eat it. I ate my potato and ate some of my BF's dish. Then, we went to pay the bill, over 2,000 baht for 4 people, and I gave them my Credit Card. She said, "can you pa…
-
FINALLY!!! From the Nation/ThaiVisa.com Airport Link begins commercial operation Monday BANGKOK -- After long delays in construction and several test runs, Suvarnabhumi airport's Airport Link begins commercial services Monday with special discount fares offered until the end of 2010, shortening travel times for inbound and outbound air travellers as well as easing arrivals and departures compared to existing airport transport. From Monday onward, arriving and departing passengers as well as relatives or friends seeing them off from Suvarnabhumi International Airport, in Bangkok's adjacent province of Samut Prakan, will save significant time in travelli…
-
How early to retire? I guess it depends on finances, expected living standard & what one wants to do. If someone could secure ~$25,000 per year in his forties, is that enough? Let's assume he has 50% of that from dividend income and 50% from renting out his home in the west. There's always a possibility that the baht value of the rental income could fall by as much as 50% over the medium term, due to currency fluctuations, tax changes etc. The equity part could be mainly invested in the Asian region, to reduce currency risk. Maybe $25,000 is enough to live on in Thailand & the surrounding countries. However, start adding in a couple of long haul fl…
-
From Hilton: Exciting News About Your HHonors Benefits Hilton Worldwide is pleased to announce that beginning September 1, 2010, all Gold and Diamond HHonors members will receive complimentary high-speed internet access during their stay at all 3,600 hotels within the Hilton Worldwide portfolio of brands. As a Diamond member, you don't have to do anything except enjoy your complimentary high speed internet at all your future stays with Hilton Worldwide. We hope you enjoy your free high-speed internet access. End Message. For those of you in Pattaya, this will help as the New Hilton is moving closer to finishing date each day.