Gay Thailand
This is the main forum for all things gay in Thailand. Post about specific events, places, activities, questions, and comments under the relevant city heading. If commenting on more than one city or other parts of Thailand, use the general comments section below. Keep the topics related to information on Thailand.
Subforums
11,067 topics in this forum
-
This week THAI has an ad running in the English press outlining the airline’s new ambitions. It starts – These are indeed ambitious targets. Some might say they are virtually unattainable – a view with which unfortunately I have to agree. Of the top six carriers in the world given 5-stars as a result of millions of votes in the annual Skytrax surveys, five are already in Asia – Singapore, Cathay Pacific, Asiana, Malaysian and Kingfisher (the sixth is arguably the best of the lot – Qatar). MAS is currently going through financial problems, but the others seem to have hauled themselves out of the international recession much faster than expected. Even if MAS …
-
I am not sure how much this seems to tie into a trafficking ring, but it seems to have taken a while to make an arrest...maybe he didn't have enough money for the BIB this time. BANGKOK
-
Chatting tonight with another Sunee Bar owner... he said that Memories Bar is now closed. I walked by Memories, and sure enough, it is closed. No sign..just closed. Maybe it is in respect and due to the untimely death of the new Ladyboy bar which opened Monday night, next door to Memories, only to have its owner die of a heart attack early Tuesday morning at the bar. Another sign that business is slow, slow, slow... per the owner I talked to tonight. LET'S HOPE HIGH SEASON GETS HERE ... BEFORE MORE CLUBS AND BARS CLOSE! tj
-
From Phukette Gazette: http://www.phuketgazette.net/news/detail.asp?id=9139 Good News for Ubon Ratchatani Expats... Phuket air link to Isaan TTR Weekly Thai AirAsia has announced the launch of three weekly Phuket-Ubon Ratchathani services, starting 12 October. The airline has a service to the northeastern town from Bangkok, but this is the first link from Phuket to southern Isaan. It will offer the services on Tuesdays, Thursdays and Saturdays. It hopes to tap expats working in Ubon and local residents who want to take a break in Phuket.
-
Steak night at The Corner Bar "I purchased some really great looking steaks last night. They are marinating for steak night tonight, Friday. They are 300g ribeyes served with French fries or our homemade spicy onion rings, for only 150b! I also have whole pork tenderloins for the same price. Of course, we always have our 1/2 pound burgers, spicy chicken fingers, and Cajun fried shrimp. First come first served, starting at 6pm" Corner Bar Y'all welcome at Corner Bar in Sunee - South Pattaya! tj
-
Expedia UK has posted these special airfares from the UK to BKK http://www.expedia.co.uk/Cheap-Flights-To-Bangkok.d178236.Travel-Guide-Flights Top flight offers to Bangkok, Thailand Selection of Current flight offers for flights to Bangkok Leaving from/Going to Price Departing on/Returning LHR to Bangkok from
-
- 4 replies
- 1.4k views
-
-
WOW, I did not know our own GT had such talents. Now the world will all see him as "Adam" and know .. Filmed in a beautiful Thai setting... what a SuperStar Stud Congratulations GT ..."Adam" on making it BIG
-
Buying GOLD? Is it the REAL thing? How do you know? Here is a good report from Pattaya Daily News: http://www.pattayadailynews.com/en/2010/08/26/buying-gold-how-to-know-if-it-is-the-real-thing/
-
Thai Gold May reach 19,000 soon... as reported on National News Network. http://thainews.prd.go.th/en/news.php?id=255308260016 BANGKOK, 26 August 2010 (NNT) – Domestic gold price is likely to reach 19,000 THB per one-baht weight due to the current economic conditions of both US and European countries, according to Gold Traders Association President Jitti Tangsitthibhakdi. Mr Jitti said the gold price in the global market this period would still be fluctuating since investment in gold would remain attractive for investors, noting that it might make a record above 1,300 USD per ounce. Nevertheless, the president added that the current Thai Baht apprec…
-
- 3 replies
- 1.7k views
-
-
There has been recent discussion about good Fish & Chips availability in Pattaya... Here is Mike's LaCage Bar Special dinner promos each Friday night Supper... Ordered and delivered from The Village Chippy, located across from the Royal Garden/Marriot on Second Rd. Looks like a great Friday Night Supper...at Mike's LaCage! and...Happy Hours are on from 6pm -9pm nightly.. Buy one drink from their Happy Hour menu..get one FREE! That includes their great house wine...red or white. Enjoy! tj
-
An event worth seeing firsthand... Bring your bf, Thai friends, Expat friends... you will enjoy The Chonburi Buffalo Racing Festival October 16-22, 2010 On Tuesday, an official meeting was held announcing the ever-popular staging of the 139th Chon Buri Buffalo Racing Festival 2010 at the Chon-Buri Provincial and District Fields. The popular festival will take place at the Chon-Buri provincial and district fields over the 16th-22nd of October 2010. The festival will be separated into two segments, with all merchandise stalls, games, activities, exhibits and shows to be held on one field while the main attraction of Buffalo Racing will be…
-
Land, building taxes draft bill not true reform : critics By Pongphon Sarnsamak The Nation More measures are needed to reduce inequality; generate income for poor The draft bill on land and building taxes will not cut down on inequality in terms of land ownership or generate income for poor people and farmers, prominent economist and social critic Pasuk Phongpaichit said. "This land and building tax bill is not directly aimed at reducing social inequality in land ownership or distributing unoccupied land. There seems to be a misunderstanding and expectations from the bill," she said. Pasuk was speaking at the "Bill on Land and Building and the Fairness of L…
-
OK. Silly question I know. My beloved is going away to be a Monk for his mother's good luck. He will be gone for one month. He says that the cost will be over 25k baht. Is this accurate? A complete fabrication? He said that I can hand the money to the monk myself. LOL But, I still have a VERY hard time understanding why anyone would pay to be a monk for a month. Anyone gone through this?
-
The Bondi now presents The "X" Men Thursday - Friday and Saturday nights...9:30pm am must see...HOT-HOT-HOT erotic show ...just for you! tj
-
Special report from the New York Times: After Upheaval, Not All Is Well With Thai Youth http://www.nytimes.com/2010/08/25/world/asia/25iht-thai.html?_r=1 NA CHUEAK, THAILAND — Three months ago, images of protesters battling the military in the streets of Bangkok seized the world’s attention. Now, by some measures, Thailand is bouncing back: the country’s economy is projected to grow as fast as 7.5 percent this year, and the government is pushing ahead with a program of “reconciliation” with its opponents. But even as Thailand pulls itself back together, there are concerns that deep-seated problems among its young people represent a quieter, long-term t…
-
If needed you can print this, and paste it on your bathroom wall.
-
On an alternative theme on this topic, how stupid/thick skinned are some visitors to our adopted shores? My bf works as a cashier/receptionist in a well known gay hotel, and of course part of the job is to be friendly with visitors (but not overly so) and provide good service, which of course results in a happy guest and maximises tips .... and whilst we have a laugh at some of the things that happen a minority of guests don't seem to understand the phrase 'I have a boyfriend!' One evening last week I dropped in and my bf pointed out a visitor (from Russia, as it happens) who liked him very much, and had made it quite clear. In fact several staff who are friends c…
-
I was having a conversation with a gentleman I have known for a while. He is not a good friend but merely someone I chat with from time to time. We were talking about how long he had been retired and I asked him how old he was. He got visibly upset and said that is not a proper question to ask anyone. I get asked that question often as people think I am 60 but am not quite that old yet. I know that asking ladies their age is not kosher. I didn't think it offensive to ask a guy his age. Am I wrong? Did I commit an error?
-
Here is a link to an article in the Bangkok Post about internet Censorship in Thailand. Very good reading about cyber crime law which cam into effect in 2007 Thailand's Cyper Crime Law
-
So far, I used agoda.co.uk to book my hotel for holiday in Bangkok. Just to see if it makes any difference, I checked opodo.co.uk, and lo and behold, they offer "Stay 3, Pay 2"! The same on hotels.com. In the internet, I read that you can get cheaper prices when you book via a Thai middle man compared to booking directly. Does anyone have any experiences in doing so? The hotel I'm going to stay in is the Ibis Sathorn (stayed there before, liked it), one room for two adults (I travel alone, but for obvious reasons I need a double bed - not two single beds!). I intend to stay 5 or 6 days. Here the numbers: agoda 22.31 GBP room charge + 4.74 GBP tax/service = 27.05…
- 35 replies
- 9.5k views
-
Much of North and Eastern Thailand is under threat of major rains from a monsoon that is going to enter Vietnam, and cross over Laos becoming a Tropical Storm. This is from ThaiVisa.com/The Nation North, Northeast and East warned to brace for tropical storm BANGKOK (NNT) -- The Meteorological Department has warned the public in the Northern, Northeast and Eastern regions to watch out for flash floods caused by tropical storm Mindulle. At least twenty jewelery and souvenir shops as well as tourist attractions in Wieng Pa Pao district, Chiang Rai province have been damaged by flash floods from Doi Nang Kaew and Lao River. Reportedly, more than 500 homes …
-
- 1 reply
- 1.1k views
-
-
How to know when it's time to diet? Both GT and Pattaya Male...among other notable members are getting into shape....Good for them! Here is story in today's paper... Pattaya Daily News has the scoop! http://www.pattayadailynews.com/en/2010/08/14/how-to-know-when-it%E2%80%99s-time-to-diet/ tj
-
-
As posted by GB...on his board http://gaybuttonthai.com/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=233 Good News! Erich Returns Postby Gaybutton
-
Tonight was odd. I had several guys from the bars asking for money as they said their bar was closed. I wandered by and sure thing, the bars were closed. Tom Yum was shut closed. Mic My had 4-5 boys, other bars were also slow. The rumor is that there was an imminent raid. So, everyone that was underage, or had no ID, or had Yaba in their system fled fast. The others did not want the hassle. Then, my BF was leaving the Plaza and his bike was stopped and he was pee pee tested ON THE STREET as the cops watched. He said they were doing this to all Thai's leaving through the back entrance of the Plaza close to Soi Yensabi. The rumors were afoot tonight. If…