Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Gay Guides Forum

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Gay Thailand

This is the main forum for all things gay in Thailand. Post about specific events, places, activities, questions, and comments under the relevant city heading. If commenting on more than one city or other parts of Thailand, use the general comments section below. Keep the topics related to information on Thailand.

  1. Started by TotallyOz,

    The BF and I had a discussion about safety during Songkran and I begged him over and over to please drive safe. I once talked to another lad about this and he said that he would get a do over if he died. I don't like the idea of a do over and he asked what I thought happened. I said Nothing. His face just starred at me as if "stupid falang," What do you think happens after death?

    • 28 replies
    • 5.1k views
  2. Started by TotallyOz,

    I recently had the pleasure of taking Bangkok Air. I usually travel on Thai air when I am in Asia but my travel agent suggested I give them a try. Their price for a business class seat was quite a bit better than Thai Air. They also offered free changes to any segment of the ticket. When I checked in at the airport, they gave me a Fast Track through immigration. I have flown with Thai Business and never gotten that ticket. I also have flown with NWA and Delta Business and didn't get the Fast Track through immigration. Is this an option for all the airlines and they give it out sometimes or when you travel Business are you supposed to get one though certain …

    • 10 replies
    • 2.3k views
  3. Started by TotallyOz,

    I did not have high speed Internet all day yesterday and am still waiting for the tech to come. However, I found I was able to check in on sites and e-mail from my IPad. This made life very easy for me and it is the best investment I have made. This little gadget surely is going to take off when it makes it to Thailand. As a back up, I found it was sufficient and reliable. E-mails are a breeze. Websites loaded slow at first but when you left them open and went back, they were fast to load. I was impressed once again with Apple's new IPad.

    • 15 replies
    • 3.3k views
  4. Started by Gaybutton,

    Last evening I was talking with a friend who really is in a position to know what goes on with the bar scene in Pattaya. We were discussing the problems bars are having and we both think that part of the problem is that fewer gay farang are coming to Pattaya these days and they spend less money when they are here. For example, he said that many bars are noticing that the type of customer who had always been a two or three drink customer and would call a boy to sit with him and buy drinks for him too, now is more likely to nurse one drink for the time he is in the bar and if he calls a boy over at all, buys him only one drink. He also said that the gay personals site…

    • 56 replies
    • 16.8k views
  5. Started by TotallyOz,

    Do you carry your passport with you in LOS? If not what do you take that is an acceptable form of ID? I normally always have with me my DL from USA as well as a laminated copy of my passport with my visa on the back. Most of the shops know how to shrink these and make them small like an ID that fits into your wallet. Do you think this is acceptable proof or should I be taking my passport with me everywhere I go. I am never more than 10 minutes from it.

    • 18 replies
    • 4.1k views
  6. Guest travelerjim
    Started by Guest travelerjim,

    Thai Visa.com has just posted an SMS... "Myanmar to suspend. new policy of issuing visa on arrival" Posted 8 minutes ago Myanmar to suspend new policy of issuing tourists visas on arrival as military-ruled country prepares for its 1st general election in 20 years: report /MCOT tj

    • 1 reply
    • 955 views
  7. Started by TotallyOz,

    The AOT asked for 3,000 baht. I passed. The regular taxis were charging 1500 baht. I knew I should have arranged a taxi before but I didn't and there were no men waiting there trying to coax me into a car. When I saw the car I cringed. It was horrible. Old, ugly, beaten up and not clean. I did not want to offend the man and say his taxi was a piece of shit so I got in. MISTAKE When you don't like something, NEVER get in. The air con was bad and the car bumped up and down the whole way. At the first toll he told me he had no money and could I give him 100 baht to pay for the tolls and take out of money for the ride. I agreed (what choice did I…

    • 21 replies
    • 5.9k views
  8. Thai soldiers must immediately stop firing live ammunition into several large areas in Bangkok where anti-government protesters are gathered, Amnesty International said today. "Eye-witness accounts and video recordings show clearly that the military is firing live rounds at unarmed people who pose no threat whatsoever to the soldiers or to others," said Benjamin Zawacki, Amnesty International's Thailand specialist. "This is a gross violation of a key human right--the right to life". "Deliberately firing live ammunition at unarmed people, whether they be protesters or otherwise and who pose no credible threat to anyone else, is unlawful", said Zawacki..."T…

    • 4 replies
    • 1.8k views
  9. There was a recent thread on having a motorcycle and GB suggested we start another thread. I am doing that. I also am curious to see the answer to the polls. mahjongguy had said: - If you are older than 55, consider carefully if you should be driving a motorbike. I am 61 now and I know that my reaction time and peripheral vision are not sufficient for driving in a country where the #1 cause of death (all deaths) is from motorbike accidents. Just last week a 64yo Belgian acquaintance of mine went home in an urn because he misjudged an oncoming car. A secondhand Toyota Corolla costs more but it's just as simple to purchase and a lot more likely to get…

    • 19 replies
    • 3.4k views
  10. Guest travelerjim
    Started by Guest travelerjim,

    Mikes LaCage Pub Quiz fun night... Friday September 3rd 9:30pm Mike's LaCage website: http://www.lacage-pattaya.com/ Always great fun with Mike as Host... also note that the Friday Supper Fish & Chippy Dinner every friday nights..order at 7:30pm..meal delivered at 8:30pm. Happy Hours 6-9pm...Buy one and get one FREE from Happy Hour Menu.. included red or white wine at 100 baht for TWO glasses. tj

    • 2 replies
    • 950 views
  11. Guest travelerjim
    Started by Guest travelerjim,

    Support Pattaya Pride 2010... and have a great time too tj

    • 2 replies
    • 1.1k views
  12. Started by TotallyOz,

    I love Italian food. I have tried many places in Pattaya and most are OK to eat at. Few of them are exceptional. Max is a hotel / restaurant. They have a place right off of Soi Post Office in Pattaya. The food is good. The prices are reasonable. I ate the Lasagna and my friend had the Seafood Pasta. We both enjoyed our food. The plates were around 250 baht each. I also had the Caramel Creme. It was mediocre at best. It is hard to find good deserts in Pattaya. I did like our main courses and I did like the Shrimp Cocktail. The service was good and we had the constant attention of our waiter. Max is a place I will go back again. http://w…

    • 4 replies
    • 2.2k views
  13. Guest travelerjim
    Started by Guest travelerjim,

    From The Bondi... grab Paul's Balls and win ??? Good fun at The Bondi nightly after 8pm.. tj

    • 2 replies
    • 1.1k views
  14. Started by TotallyOz,

    I had friends in Bangkok this week and they wanted to come to Pattaya. I suggested the Marriott. They made a reservation and came down last night. They are a family with 2 kids. I had dinner with them last night and breakfast this AM and played with them at the pool at the Marriott. The Marriott was booked over the weekend. They could not get reservations on Sunday night and I called in a favor. When I went this AM for breakfast, the place was standing room only. EVERY table in their large dining room was full. At over 700 baht per head (unless included in your room), this is not a cheap place to eat. We had to wait 10 minutes for a table. The food was…

    • 12 replies
    • 2.1k views
  15. Guest travelerjim
    Started by Guest travelerjim,

    Celebrating their 2nd Anniversary, The Copa has a special show: Saturday night Septeber 18th at 10:00pm Congrats and Best Wishes for many more successful years in Boyztown. tj

    • 3 replies
    • 930 views
  16. Guest travelerjim
    Started by Guest travelerjim,

    Our esteemed forum member, Pattaya Male... was seen in front of Central Plaza Pattaya Mall... proclaiming his PRIDE in being Gay... PM, I had NO idea you were 82... but you are still going strong... You are so clever... I note that the signboard is hiding those extra kilos. On to 100 with Gay PRIDE! Congratulations! tj

    • 2 replies
    • 963 views
  17. Guest travelerjim
    Started by Guest travelerjim,

    Special 10% discount card for gay and gay friendly venues... Now available...500 baht and save 10% on each purchase/check bin.

    • 1 reply
    • 1k views
  18. Guest travelerjim
    Started by Guest travelerjim,

    Krazy 30's continue at Happy Place Boys Bar... Soi 2 in Boyztown... August 30th...9-11pm...300 baht all u can drink...see flyer:

    • 1 reply
    • 949 views
  19. Guest travelerjim
    Started by Guest travelerjim,

    PattayaHotMale has a regularly updated Calendar of Events of interest... Visit it often... Here is the current calendar: August - September and more... http://www.pattayahotmale.com/index.php?option=com_jevents&task=month.calendar&Itemid=11 Thanks! tj

    • 1 reply
    • 936 views
  20. Guest travelerjim
    Started by Guest travelerjim,

    As reported on PattayaHotMale... The NEW Music Cafe ...from Cafe royale Piano Bar to Music Cafe... a great addition tom Boyztown and Gay Pattaya entertainment for all. tj PattayaHotMale website: http://www.pattayahotmale.com/ http://www.pattayahotmale.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=46:from-piano-bar-to-cafe-music&catid=19:local&Itemid=69

    • 1 reply
    • 1.3k views
  21. Guest travelerjim
    Started by Guest travelerjim,

    Looks like the Thai baht keeps on getting stronger... and other currencies weaker... Why? The Hell if I know! I just know that when I retired 4 years ago... The Thai baht was 40 to 1 US $... Now it looks like the US $ will soon be at 30 The TMB Thai Military Bank today was at 31.21 THB for 1 US$ Today's rates from Bangkok Bank..as in Bangkok Post this am... Currency /Baht Bank Note Buy Sell USD 31.12 31.77 GBP 48.31 49.90 EUR 39.47 40.70 JPY 36.16 37.61 HKD 3.95 4.15 23-08-10 at 8:30 More

    • 2 replies
    • 1.1k views
  22. Guest GaySacGuy
    Started by Guest GaySacGuy,

    It wasn't so long ago that several areas of Thailand were in drought conditions. Now this: RAINY SEASON Disaster zones across country as rain falls, levels rise By The Nation Continuously heavy rain has severely affected residents in many provinces, especially in the North. A number of areas have been declared disaster zones. Eleven provinces in the Northeast were yesterday warned of runoffs and mudslide threats until tomorrow, due to the influence of tropical storm Mindulle. The Meteorological Department urged people in Roi Et, Yasothon, Mukdahan, Ubon Ratchathani, Si Sa Ket, Amnat Charoen, Loei, Udon Thani, Nong Khai, Sakhon Nakhon and Nakhon Phano…

    • 1 reply
    • 885 views
  23. Guest Doug
    Started by Guest Doug,

    What ever happened to the "Best Smile" and the "Sexy Boy" contests. Are they still running?

    • 8 replies
    • 2k views
  24. Started by TotallyOz,

    NAB is the gay dance club in Pattaya. I struggled to get the BF to go as he is really into his new online game. Once we got there, the place was standing room only. Beautiful dancers. Great music. Private rooms upstairs for rent at 1k baht. The dance floor was packed and the place had people crowded out the doors. I now know where everyone goes after midnight! The rain caught us on the way back and were were totally soaked. But, NAB is a must for those that can do the late night scene.

    • 18 replies
    • 4.7k views
  25. Started by Jason1988,

    I used my AMEX at a very nice hotel to secure lodging while staying in BKK recently. Two days later I got an email from AMEX asking about a charge of $2500 for some jewelry purchased in Chiang Mai. I hadn't been in Chaing Mai to make this purchase. AMEX cancelled the card and the charge was removed. Anyone else ever had any problems with credit cards in LOS?

    • 6 replies
    • 1.9k views

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.