Gay Thailand
This is the main forum for all things gay in Thailand. Post about specific events, places, activities, questions, and comments under the relevant city heading. If commenting on more than one city or other parts of Thailand, use the general comments section below. Keep the topics related to information on Thailand.
Subforums
11,067 topics in this forum
-
can any one let me know the name of a good school for my thai friend to learn english, and the approx cost. thanks in advance ps pattaya
-
I had a great dinner there tonight and loved the Fish and Chips. It tasted just like they do in England. They were 225 baht. They also had some deserts but they were not as good as the main course. The Pig and Whistle is on Soi 7 between Beach Road and Second Road. It is about 1/2 down the Soi. The service was fine and the atmosphere was nice. The temperature was good and there were no delays in getting our food or the service. I really enjoyed the Fish and Chips Plate. Great taste and reasonable priced.
-
Tuesday, April 6 is Chakri Day, a public holiday celebrating the founding of Thailand's Chakri Dynasty. All banks and government offices will be closed. This holiday does not effect the bars. They all should be open.
-
- 1 reply
- 1.1k views
-
-
I want to try some new places to eat in Pattaya while I am here with the BF. What are some places that you recommend? I am not looking for the most expensive or the most talked about but the places you actually enjoy going to on a regular basis. For me, my only regular place is Salt and Pepper in Day Night 2. I love the food and it is very inexpensive and the owners are super nice. For breakfast, I also like Papa David's in Jomtien and when I stay in that area I hit the place every morning. Any other suggestions on non chain type places?
-
For those that use ITunes as your way to listen to music, movies and TV in LOS, I have just tested this new software out for ITunes and was amazed at how wonderful it made my sound sound. Let me say that I don't often buy things for my Mac that are not needed. It is normally perfect the way it is. But, this program really did impress me more than I ever thought and for the shows and programs that were hard to hear at times, the sound now booms out and with amazing clarity. It is a great piece of software! Bongiovi Acoustics
-
I kept getting requests from people for this site so I set up a profile. At the beginning of the process it asked for my gmail address to pull contacts. I thought it was OK and I did it. It pulled over 200 people from Thailand. I have never contacted the majority of those people with that e-mail and they had not sent me an e-mail. How does this process work? Where are all these contacts from? Several were from people I knew but at least 200 were not from any I knew. The next step asked me to invite others to HI5 on my e-mail list. Again, this was over 500 contacts. I did not know the majority of them either so I did not allow the second step. Anyone know how they…
-
With all the recent threads about new gadgetry, does anyone know of a way to record TV programmes generated by True Visions from their satellite feed? I'm not a TV junkie but since I travel quite a lot there are some programmes I'd like to record. More than a year ago, they brought out their own expensive hard-disc recorder which can pre-record from any channel you've paid for without the need to set the tuner to that channel. A friend who purchased one is sick and tired of it, saying it frequently breaks down and has been back for repairs three times. Is there any other way of recording from different channels?
-
There is a thread on the site that has ventured off subject into the area of Fair Use for posting newspaper articles. I have been reading the thread and stayed out of it until I spoke to my friends in NYC (where I just happen to know a lot of crooks and lawyers). I just finished my conversation with a lawyer in USA. He said that few cases ever appear of Copyright Infringement where someone posts from a newspaper, but that it is possible and more papers are starting to pursue this. His firm deals with this on a regular basis and he said he has never seen a suit from a nNewspaper that would sue a site like ours as we are very small potatoes. That said, he did say th…
-
- 17 replies
- 3.4k views
-
-
I have written before about my love for my Kindle device. When I come to Thailand for a long holiday, I like to read a few books on the beach or in my room in early morning. Today I was up really early and headed to beach road and read as the sun came up. Surfing the web today I saw that Kindle had come out with a reader for the Mac. Wanting to see how it was I downloaded and played with it today. It is very easy to read and works great with any large screen. It is just one more way that the Kindle experience and books can be enjoyed while in Thailand. Once you download the reader it asks if you want to sync. When you do all the books you have purchased are …
-
Yesterday Prime Minister Abhisit and the Red-Shirt leaders sat down together to try to work out, through negotiations, a settlement and end to Thailand's current political crisis. It was all done "in the sunshine," meaning that the entire meeting, which lasted more than three hours, was shown live on television for all to see. The negotiations are continuing today. The following commentary appears in the BANGKOK POST: _____ Reasoned Discussion Offers Way Forward Published: 29/03/2010 The government and the red shirt leaders' decision to sit down for talks to settle the continuing political conflict is most welcome. Although the positions of the…
-
Pink Shirts Bring Hope As Reds Stage Largest-Ever Demo
-
A Buddhist monk and a 51-year-old man in Chiang Mai have been arrested and charged with sexually exploiting children, according to a Department of Special Investigation (DSI) source. The two suspects were identified as Surasak Keawman, a Chiang Mai resident, and Phra Vissanu Tejdhammo of Wat Pa Lan in Muang district. The two were charged with six counts each of child molestation and six counts of depriving a child of parental care. The DSI source said the men were partners in a business that catered to paedophiles. The source alleged that Phra Vissanu drove to hill tribe villages in Chiang Mai and neighbouring provinces dressed as a layman to lure boys. …
-
I hope this is not a stupid question to ask on here, or i will get shot down. How come you never see thai guys wearing cock rings?
-
The following appears in THE NATION: _____ Blood Campaign is Dangerous : Health Groups By Pongphon Sarnsamak The Nation Published on March 16, 2010 The Nursing and Midwifery Council is threatening to punish nurses who agree to collect blood from red-shirt protesters for the plan to pour blood around Government House today. "We will consider punishing them on a case-by-case basis," council president Prof Vijit Sriruphan said yesterday. "They should know that collecting blood is only done for research or medical purposes." But she said the council would not go as far as cutting nurses' professional licences. Vijit expressed concern over the mass …
-
I have a Thai friend who wants to buy a car and finance it. I have heard horror stories about the Interest rates here. Anyone know how a Thai can get a car in his name, amount down, interests, etc? Thanks.
-
BANGKOK - A campaign of terror is underway in Thailand, with both sides to the political conflict pinning blame on the other for a series of grenade attacks that have targeted government offices, military installations and private businesses. Unknown assailants have launched more than a score of explosives attacks this month amid a heavy security force presence in the national capital. While early attacks were seemingly designed to avoid human casualties, more recent blasts have targeted populated areas and seriously injured soldiers and civilians. Some fear the surge in violence signals a dangerous new phase of the four-year-old conflict pitting supporters and detra…
-
As most US citizens know, every ten years a census is done. This year is a census year. I wanted to find out how expats living in Thailand can participate. I called the US embassy. I spoke to the head of American Citizens Services. He said the census applies only to US citizens living within the USA. They do not count US citizens living outside the country. Ok, USA expats . . . we don't count. If only IRS had the same policy . . .
-
- 0 replies
- 1.2k views
-
-
I got an e-mail from the Sunee Plaza Info guys that they had a major scoop. The only person that ever titled e-mails and threads like that I know of like that is the famously fabulous LMTU. I wonder if he is now the new owner? If so, I wish him luck as he is the best scoop reporter in Thailand. I am just kidding BTW. The Sunee Plaza guys have invited a famous photographer to the area. I have seen his work many times and it is beautiful. That really is a coup more than a scoop. LMTU: Are you listening? They are scooping you! Sunee Plaza guys: Great job.
-
NEW PG Weekly Report March 31, 2010 online... Weekly report on Thailand activities (select March 31st and click to read) Pattaya News EVENT REPORTS & NEWS
-
I was at Nice Boys again last night and had a great time. This bar has great looking guys on stage. I did not see one boy who looked underage when I was there. The guys are a variety of men and ladyboys. The guys tend to be on the more masculine side. There were more than a few that had nice show stoppers. One guy kept it hard from the time he got on stage till the time he left. That was about 9 songs. How on earth is that possible? I am lucky to get to the chorus. Nice Boys and Crazy Dragon are really doing a great job in Sunee. It does seem that both bars consistently have all over 18 and some very handsome guys!
-
- 0 replies
- 1.1k views
-
-
Returning from Suvarnabhumi last week-end, as usual I had no trouble getting a public taxi. At 11:00pm on a Sunday evening, we zipped in to the city with zero hold-ups and I got home within 30 minutes. A few minutes earlier, however, as we spent a short time waiting at traffic lights at the expressway exit, I noticed that instead of the usual Bt. 199 - Bt. 203 on the meter, it was Bt. 255. When I board an airport taxi, I always make sure the meter is reset to Bt. 35, as some drivers do start the meter when they park and wait for passengers. On this occasion, the driver definitely switched the meter on after putting my bag in the trunk. Seeing the excess, I checke…
-
-
Powerboys has closed and locked their doors. There are rumors of a restart elsewhere, but nothing firm. As of yet, I have no information on the hotel, but I will check.
-
JimmJimmyJames A Go Go Bar is now on the market. Located in Sunee Plaza in Pattaya, the bar is a double shop house on offer for $2 million Baht with a monthly rent of 10,000 Baht. For information and photos of the bar, go to: JIMMJIMMYJAMES BOY A GO GO THE BAR and click on "For sale by Owner".
-
Evernote is the most amazing program I have seen in a while. I love it. It is a subscription per year service but you get 500 MB per month of upload and unlimited download. What it does is allow you to upload PDF's, photos, notes, text, etc and once sent to Evernote, they dissect it and download it back to your computer. Then, you can search for words and the program finds every instance of that word. For example: I have an IPhone and I got the Evernote for IPhone software and I went to a bar and met someone and they wrote their name on my hand. I took a photo of the number on my hand with their name printed on my hand and uploaded to Evernote. When I got home…
-
- 2 replies
- 2.1k views
-