Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Gay Guides Forum

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Gay Thailand

This is the main forum for all things gay in Thailand. Post about specific events, places, activities, questions, and comments under the relevant city heading. If commenting on more than one city or other parts of Thailand, use the general comments section below. Keep the topics related to information on Thailand.

  1. Started by TotallyOz,

    I need a really top notch podiatrist in Bangkok. I have a pull in my muscle on my foot and I need an X-Ray and most likely a cortisone shot. Any recommendations?

    • 8 replies
    • 2.4k views
  2. Started by TotallyOz,

    We are looking to have a party. Any suggestions on where, when? Want to have a bar crawl? An early morning breakfast? A sit down affair?

    • 6 replies
    • 1.6k views
  3. Started by TotallyOz,

    Is the Skyway faster than the highway or motorway? I ask as I often get the wording wrong and don't ask a driver to take me the right way. I have been taking buses to Pattaya but I often leave at night after the last bus leaves so I take a taxi. What is the fastest way for me to get back and forth?

    • 7 replies
    • 1.9k views
  4. Started by Gaybutton,

    Apparently there are still some message board program glitches that need to be fixed, especially on the moderator side. For example, I see that the " Thinking outside the box" thread is locked. I didn't lock it. I don't think any of the other moderators locked it. I don't see anything in any of the posts that should have caused any of us to lock it. Usually, when one of us locks a thread we explain why or at least explain why to the other moderators. If nothing else, we normally at least post that we have locked the thread. None of those happened this time. I have no idea how it became locked. Even with my moderator status I can't get into it to unlock it. …

    • 15 replies
    • 3k views
  5. Started by Gaybutton,

    One of our favorite "beach chatter" subjects is the oxymoron, "Thai Logic." We constantly talk about the way things are done in Thailand and try to figure out the logic (or lack thereof) behind it. For example, only a few days ago a close friend told me his Thai boyfriend had given him a phone number to enter in his mobile phone. My friend entered the number as given. It turned out to be an incorrect number. "You put wrong number in telephone," the Thai boy said, apparently upset with my friend for having entered the wrong number. "But that's the number you gave me, exactly as you gave it to me," my 'farang' friend insisted. "But you put in wrong number…

    • 19 replies
    • 6.2k views
  6. Guest tdperhs
    Started by Guest tdperhs,

    Shouldn't true lady boys - those who have undergone at least some genderic modification - be referred to in the plural? Or at least a plural pronoun with a singular verb form or a singular pronoun with a plural verb form if they are, they is, he is, she is, he are, she are halfway through the procedure? "What are your thoughts, Hobson?"

    • 26 replies
    • 4.1k views
  7. Many many many people have been asking when Allen's service will be held. Here is the information. Thursday August 13 1pm Transport Allen from Bangkok Pattaya Hospital to Wat Chai 3pm Bathig Rites 7pm Chanting and viewing sponsored by Asian University Friday August 14 7pm Chanting and viewing sponsored by Friends of Allen Briggs Saturday August 15 10am Feeding of the Monks 2pm Celebration begins with speakers, prayers, and music 3pm Monks arrive for cremation ceremony 4pm Celebration of Allen's life at Panorama Tom from Cafe Royale will be handling the catering for the Celebration. He has promised us a fabulous buffet approp…

    • 2 replies
    • 2.7k views
  8. Guest HeyGay
    Started by Guest HeyGay,

    http://www.bangkok.com/cycling-tours/index.html http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/Bikes-Thailand-f117.html http://www.udonmap.com/udonthaniforum/bicycles-t11589.html http://www.alibaba.com/countrysearch/TH-suppliers/Bike.html http://www.bangkokcompanies.com/categories/thai_companies_p53.htm http://www.pedalerspubandgrille.com/bike_tours/thailand/Ancient_Kingdoms_Ride.htm http://www.biketoursthailand.com/8days-7nights-biketours.htm http://www.pedalerspubandgrille.com/bike_tours/thailand/Chiang_Mai_Countryside.htm http://ridethisbike.com/labels/Thailand.html http://www.cavelodge.com/mbike.htm http://pedaldamnit.blogspot.com/2008/09/th…

    • 9 replies
    • 3.4k views
  9. The following appears in the BANGKOK POST: _____ Police plan response for UDD petition handover Writer: AEKARACH SATTABURUTH Published: 15/08/2009 Police are ready to secure the capital when Thaksin Shinawatra supporters file a petition for his pardon at the Royal Household Bureau and opponents gather at the nearby Supreme Court on Monday. Acting national police chief Wichien Pojphosri yesterday said he had discussed a security plan with the Bangkok police, the 1st Army, the Bangkok Metropolitan Administration and the Royal Household Bureau. He said an official of the Royal Household Bureau will wait at the Wiset Chaisri gate of the Grand Palace, th…

    • 1 reply
    • 995 views
  10. As posted before, Allen wished that in lieu of flowers, donations would be made to Asian University. To facilitate this envelopes will be available tonight and tomorrow with the following insert: Allen Robert Briggs "Gay Pattayan" Memorial Fund Donations Allen asked that in lieu of flowers, those that so wished would donate to Asian University where Allen lectured for 10 years. Those wishing to do so can: 1. Put their donation in the attached envelope or 2. Donate directly to Asian University or 3. Send or deposit a donation to Allen Briggs Memorial Fund, Krung Thai Bank, account number 221-0-23657-6 (Jim Miller and Craig Reuss Trustees) Al…

    • 0 replies
    • 1.1k views
  11. Guest fountainhall
    Started by Guest fountainhall,

    I have to admit to one of Michael Jackson's maladies - difficulty in getting to sleep. Perhaps it's something to do with travelling quite a lot, and having to work quite frequently in the evenings (no, not usually THAT kind of fun work, alas!) I'm also told it's an affliction of those who reach a 'certain' age. But I have had this problem much of my life, and so it is not related to the excitement or otherwise of coming to live in Thailand. I have mild sedatives prescribed for travel and for a few days after I return, but increasingly I find these are not very effective. Often, even though I feel drowsy and tired, I will have difficulty getting to sleep, suddenly beco…

    • 18 replies
    • 3k views
  12. Started by TotallyOz,

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WVPebnjm4zg This is the 10 min video from the Charity Ride we did a few weeks back. It was called the Tour De Isan and there is a thread about it on this site. I am serious about wanting some of you guys to go with me from Bangkok to Hua Hin. It is a lovely ride! My mission in life is going to be to organize some of these types of charity events for those living in Thailand and are HIV positive.

    • 1 reply
    • 1.4k views
  13. Guest buckeroo2
    Started by Guest buckeroo2,

    I know it's not everyone's cup of tea but the 43th Asian Bodybuilding championships are being held in Pattaya Aug 11-17. California WOW has been overtaken by these competing athletes - many of them have muscles on their muscles.My link

    • 4 replies
    • 2.1k views
  14. Guest Geezer
    Started by Guest Geezer,

    Pattaya Male has called and asked me to post that our dear friend Allen Briggs passed away this afternoon at 14:45. Arrangements will, of course, be posted later.

    • 9 replies
    • 2.8k views
  15. Guest buckeroo2
    Started by Guest buckeroo2,

    Ole restaurant has been sold and will be under new ownership beginning next Saturday, August 1. I know a lot of the gay community has long supported this establishment when it was located in the Day-Night area and in its most recent location - not sure what soi it is on - but it is around the corner from the Body Language dance club and on the same soi as T & T Karaoke. The young Thai lady who owned it lost her husband to a heart attack 2 yrs ago. She told me that she was having a hard time making ends meet with the extreme drop in tourists during this low season. She told me that business is down by more than 50% when compared to past low seasons. The new owner is Sw…

    • 16 replies
    • 4k views
  16. Guest travelerjim
    Started by Guest travelerjim,

    A NEW PG Weekly Report for August 12, 2009 is now available: http://www.pgreport.com/ (select August 12th and click to read) Pattaya News

    • 1 reply
    • 1k views
  17. Started by Gaybutton,

    The following appears in PATTAYA ONE: _____ District Licensing Officers Raid Two Karaoke Bars in South Pattaya Pattaya, August 8 [PATTAYA ONE NEWS] : In the early hours of Saturday Morning, a team from the Banglamung Distirct Licensing Unit led by Khun Pongsit, the Deputy Chief of Banglamung District conducted a raid on two Karaoke Bars suspected of opening after their permitted licensed opening hours. The first venue to be checked was the JJ Karaoke Bar in Soi Day Night Hotel, off the South Pattaya Road. The venue was open and alcohol was being sold in the premise. A number of patrons and staff members were urine tested and 3 people failed the test and were…

    • 7 replies
    • 1.9k views
  18. Started by TotallyOz,

    I am looking for a good travel agent near the Sathorn or Silom area of Bangkok. Anyone know of any good and reliable agents?

    • 12 replies
    • 2.6k views
  19. Guest kjun12
    Started by Guest kjun12,

    I was in need of an extension for my first year visa. After sitting at the Suan Plu Immigration office for about three hours, my number was called. The agent spoke no English and I speak no Thai. She immediately referred me to another agent. She took my passport and all of the copies I had made, looked at my passport, consulted with another agent and told me that I did not need an extension. I tried my best to assure her that I did but she showed me a stamp in my passport which was placed there when I returned from my June visit to Cambodia. Sure enough that stamp showed that the visa was valid from 16 Jun 2009 through 15 Jun 2010. What happened here I do not know …

    • 2 replies
    • 1.6k views
  20. The following appears in PATTAYA ONE: _____ TOT Announces New 8 and 12mb High Speed Internet Packages Pattaya, August 8 [PATTAYA ONE NEWS] : On Saturday at the Amari Resort and Tower in North Pattaya, the TOT Telecommunications Company held a press conference to announce two new high speed internet packages. Professor Tirawoot, Chairman of the TOT Public Company Committee led the press conference with Khun Itipon, the Mayor of Pattaya. It was announced that with increasing usage of sites such as You Tube, customers are asking for higher speed internet packages. For this reason TOT are launching an 8mb and 12mb Broadband connection. Although the upload speeds…

    • 28 replies
    • 6.8k views
  21. Guest Astrrro
    Started by Guest Astrrro,

    I had aways assumed that when you put a tip in a boy's hand it's his (when not extorted by mamasans) and when you leave a tip in the folder the staff shares it. I was told in a bar tonight that a tip in the folder in that particular bar goes directly to owner. I'm curious how the tips are handles in various bars? Perhaps some owners/managers can comment. I suppose it could go to the owner, mamasans, the waitstaff, the boys, or some combination thereof unless the cashier pockets it.

    • 5 replies
    • 1.9k views
  22. Started by TotallyOz,

    The PGF is a great group and their football tournament starts on Aug 10. Go out and support them. For More Info: http://www.pattayagayfestival.com

    • 3 replies
    • 1.5k views
  23. The new Holiday Inn is now taking reservations. I saw some rooms for under 2k baht. I would think now is a great time to book. It looks like a nice hotel from what I saw a few weeks back and can't wait to test it. Here is the new property. http://www.ichotelsgroup.com/h/d/hi/1/en/hotel/pyxpa

    • 2 replies
    • 1.3k views
  24. Started by TotallyOz,

    I thought some of you might enjoy seeing the blast of rain today in Bangkok. There are few times when it rains so hard that you can barely see the streets but today was one of them.

    • 2 replies
    • 1.8k views
  25. Other than KY which I hate, anyone find a place in LOS that sells Eros or Wet Lube? I have always brought some over but on this occasion, I was meant to stay two weeks and extended a bit so I did not.

    • 5 replies
    • 1.6k views

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.