Gay Thailand
This is the main forum for all things gay in Thailand. Post about specific events, places, activities, questions, and comments under the relevant city heading. If commenting on more than one city or other parts of Thailand, use the general comments section below. Keep the topics related to information on Thailand.
Subforums
11,067 topics in this forum
-
1-2-Go Airlines has launched a new Travel pass offering unlimited flights for a period of between one to three months. The 30 day pass costs Bt. 15,000, 60 days Bt. 28,000 and 90 days Bt. 39,000. The pass must be purchased prior to October 31. When I read this, I thought it might be a great deal. However, looking at the small print on the airline's website, I note that the airport taxes are NOT included and must be paid separately prior to each flight. Also, 1-2-Go only flies from Don Mueang to Chiang Mai, Chiang Rai, Phuket, Had Yai and Trang - so the route network is pretty basic. No flights to Issarn, for example. So, if you are just flying to and from one destin…
-
A NEW PG Weekly Report for September 15, 2009 is now online... http://www.pgreport.com/ (select Sept 15th and click to read) Pattaya News EVENT REPORTS & NEWS
-
I want to buy the BF a gift for Xmas and other holidays and I want something nice as we have been together for almost 6 years. BUT, I don't want to buy anything he can sell, trade, give to family, etc. So, what is left? How can I get him anything that will require him to hold on to it? I know when a gift is freely given one should have the right to do with as they want. But, I am not going to do that with this guy. Now what?
-
On a recent thread I posted that you can now open a PayPal account in Thailand. It is relatively easy to open the account. I opened mine using Bangkok Bank as my bank account. Part of the registration requires a credit card number. I used my Bangkok Bank debit card number and it was accepted. PayPal makes a small deposit into your account. A security code is part of the deposit. I could not see the code with use of online banking, so I called Bangkok Bank and they knew exactly what I was asking for and gave me the code. Now I had a confirmed account. In order to remove restrictions you need to upgrade to PayPal's Premium account. That was simple. One click…
-
- 3 replies
- 2.7k views
-
-
The following appears in THE NATION: _____ Immigration Bureau to Move to Chang Wattana Immigration Bureau will move from its Soi Suan Plu office to new location in the new Government Office Center on Chang Wattana road this month, a senior immigration officer said Friday. The new office is situated on the second floor of Building B, New Government Center, which is near Consular Department of Foreign Ministry. It will be fully open for service on September 28, Pol Lt Col Uraiwan Harnpradit said, adding the Bureau will still provide service at Suan Plu Office until September 25. ____________________ Immigration 1 Division (Bangkok Immigration Divisi…
-
- 3 replies
- 3.9k views
-
-
I happen to be arriving in Thailand on His Majesty's birthday later in the year & previous experience shows all the bars will be closed on that date. I'll be arriving in BKK or Pattaya. 1 Do massage parlours open as normal on public holidays? 2 Are the gogo dancers found to be cruising around, or do they take the day off? Obviously I could try some of the usual Silom shopping centres, however the supply/demand balance could be unfavourable if all the normal workers in this sector take the day off.
-
A question that pops up every so often is a "where can I find . . . .?" whatever question. For example, a couple of years ago I had been looking all over the place for a bread machine. I had one in the USA and greatly missed it in Thailand. I looked everywhere and finally gave up, assuming I'm just not going to find one in Thailand. Then I posted about it. Within a few hours someone had posted that he was sure he had seen them sold on the top floor of the Paragon in Bangkok. Next trip to Bangkok I went to the Paragon and bingo! There it was. Needless to say I was delighted and I've been using that machine ever since. By the way, I now see them sold at the new Cen…
-
- 40 replies
- 6.8k views
-
-
Today, I downloaded To Wong Foo with Patrick Swayze as his death reminded me of that film. I also wanted to show the boyfriend. Being Thai, he understands the concept of ladyboys quite well but not drag queens. The movie was watched by him with many questions and he laughed out loud so many times I cannot count. We both had a great time watching the movie. If you have a Thai BF, buy this and watch it with him. They may find it as enjoyable as we did!
-
A BIG thank you to everybody that attended the 2nd Glow Night making it even more successful than the first. Your support and custom has been more than appreciated. Mark.
-
For the past four years, TAKE CARE!! has been supplying Safe Sex Packs (two condoms and one lube sachet with a bit of educational information) to 30 or so venues in Pattayaland, Sunnee Plaza and Jomtien Complex. Dependably, every two or three weeks (whether high season or low season), 20 to 50 Safe Sex Packs are delivered by members of TAKE CARE!! to the participating venues to be available to staff and customers. In round figures, these Safe Sex Packs each cost about 10 baht. All funding for the purchase of the supplies that make up the Safe Sex Packs has been raised through donations from organizations and individuals concerned about the prevention of HIV/AIDS and other…
-
I notice on many boards that posters have a desire to be vicious and to be as nasty as they can. Perhaps they are the opposite in real life but to read some of the venom on the posts I find it pretty sad. I have never understood why someone has to stoop to that level. I really don't get it. It is like kicking someone when they are down. We have so much in common with each other that it is a shame that we don't just love the fact that we can hang out and grace each others presence (on the boards or in person) without the knife in the back. Thank you to members of this community for respecting each other. While sometimes things get a little out of hand, those …
-
I walked over to Lumpini Park at 7 AM this morning to start a running program - I will get fit, damn it. I was not out there alone. There were hundreds kicking off their day with things like Tai Chi, Yoga, stretches, walking or jogging and most were in yellow shirts, this being Monday, to pay homage to the Thai King. I saw 5 that were not dressed in yellow and whose exercise regimen consisted only of slithering. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XNogR07T-GQ
-
- 7 replies
- 1.9k views
-
-
New stylish serviced apartments in Jomtien Complex, above our in-house restaurant PAGODA. East Suites offers a modern setting, open concept lounge and bed area, featuring a comfortable king size bed, flat screen, DVD, cable TV, free wifi, safe and air-con. Each suite has a well appointed lounge area, kitchenette with microwave, mini bar fridge/freezer and coffeemaker; big bathroom and furnished balcony. East Suites is conveniently located in Jomtien Complex which has a wide range of friendly gay bars, cabaret shows, coffee shops and restaurants and within easy reach of the famous Dongtan gay beach. Enjoy all the leisure of a seaside area within a 10 minute distance …
-
The following appears in THE NATION: _____ New Sex Change Regulations from Nov 29 Published on September 12, 2009 From November 29, the Medical Council of Thailand will strictly enforce new regulations allowing only those transgendered people aged over 18 to undergo a sex change operation, secretary general Dr Samphan Komrit said yesterday. Transgendered people aged 18-20 must have parental consent, while those over 20 can decide for themselves. Transgendered people must also consult a psychiatrist, live as a woman for a year and receive hormone therapy before being allowed to undergo a sex change operation. Surgeons who provide such operations mu…
-
This is probably an isolated incident, but it does show that you have to be vigilant at all times when your money is exposed. The following appears in PATTAYA ONE: _____ Two Young Boys Arrested Following Street Theft in Soi Sunee Plaza, South Pattaya Pattaya, September 7 [PATTAYA ONE NEWS] In the early hours of Saturday Morning, Police were made aware of a robbery involving a Belgium Tourist; Mr. Albert Vanhove aged 56 in Soi Sunee Plaza, South Pattaya. The victim was preparing to pay a Bar Bill and had the money in his hand when two young boys approached him and snatched the money from Mr. Vanhove. Descriptions of the two boys were circulated amongst …
-
September 9 is the 40th birthday of the automated teller machine in the US. I think this is such a great day as I always feel like a walking ATM when in Thailand so I guess it is my Birthday too!
-
I want to do a nice video for YouTube. I need to get into some of the GoGo bars for some video. I have been told by EVERYONE it is impossible. They say the law. LOL It may be a rule but it can't be a law as I see it for the ladybars all the time. Does anyone know of an owner of a venue in Bangkok that will allow for video inside the bar? I am not looking for the fuck show video. Only the gogo dancers and coyote dancers.
-
A very scary look into some people's minds. What was the man doing getting the knife? http://www.actionequalslife.com/profiles/blogs/nicholas-snows-controversial
-
- 0 replies
- 1k views
-
-
I started a new post, taking this from what LAPOS posted earlier as I thought the announcement was hidden on page 3 of the original post about Mick. ...............We also wanted to let you know that we will be having a memorial get together in honor of Mick at Le Cafe Royale on Tuesday the 15th at 7:00 pm. Everyone is welcome to attend. Tim and Tom "
-
- 0 replies
- 1.1k views
-
-
Does anyone know the guest house KN Guest House in Patong Phuket (www.knphuket.com). Is it a good place to stay as gayman? Or are tthere only straight men with their Thai girl? Gr Hans
-
We would like to welcome ThailandVisa.com to our site! They are now the only banners on the site for 2009. Check them out at: http://www.thailandvisa.com They are a banner free, spam free site for visa and immigration issues.
-
The NEW PG Weekly Report for September 8, 2009 is online" http://www.pgreport.com/ (select Sept. 8th and click to read) Pattaya News EVENT REPORTS & NEWS
-
I have a boyfriend who has Bangkok Bank. He has no money in the account. I want to give him cash to send to a friend I have in Pattaya who needs 1,000 baht as his bar was raided. The bank closes at 6:00 PM. He tells me that he cannot take the thai baht cash to the bank after a certain time and put in the outside deposit machines and then transfer the money to the boys account. I asked my receptionist the same question. He said the same thing that it was not possible. Anyone done this? Are they both wrong? My bank account has 69 baht in it and therefore useless.
-
I am planning a route for a charity event and would like a few chaps to go along with me. I'll provide the first nights place in Bangkok as well as the bikes for rental (I'll pay the rental fee). You get your next 2 nights hotel. It might be a blast. We will take a few Thai guys along with us to center us and keep us going in the right direction. I could really use the help as we are getting ready to start a bicycle charity company in Thailand. Any takers? We hit the bars in each city and make it a real fun few days! I promise!
-
On the spur of the moment, I decided I needed to get away from Pattaya, so spent a 3 day weekend in Bangkok. I have heard Pinnacle Lumpini mention many times over the years, but never stayed there. Booking through Agoda, it was very cheap -$30/night incl tax and breakfast. Wasn't really expecting too much, but was pleasantly surprised. It is obviously an older hotel, but has been mostly updated. I had a deluxe room on the 13th floor - nice view. The room was small, but clean and comfy - had a safe, mini bar, coffee/tea, decent cable (better English channels than Sophon). There is a nice little pool and lounge area on the top floor. Breakfast is a decent spread,…