1moRussian

Off-fee structure at BBB in Pattaya

I think most farangs that I talk to send between 20-30k baht per month.  

If most Farang can miss 30K per month then they have a good income. In my country most working people, say 80%, will not be able to just give that amount away each month. They need it to make a descent living here. I can't believe this is the most standard rate. I think your circle of friends are relatively well off.

I think 10.000 baht is about standard; else you really need a very good income. Or be a pensioner who already paid his mortage and owns his house. That saves a lot of fixed costs if that falls off. Mortage payment is the bulk of most people's monthly costs. So yes for pensioners I can believe 30K is normal, for most people who still work this is I think too high.

Just like how much is variable , the ability of some to pay is completely variable. 20K is $600 in the USA .  For a middle aged to older person who has never had a family and kids to send to college $600 does not represent an impossible amount of money.

In fact it probably represents much less then he spends on restaurants, movies and drinking per month in his home country.

So then it becomes does he get more rewards from giving money to a Thai Boy or going out to Bars etc .  

Most of the men who take on BF's have quite a bit of disposable income or they could not afford 3 or 4 trips a year to Thailand which adds up to many hundreds thousands of baht.

Most of the men who take on BF's have quite a bit of disposable income or they could not afford 3 or 4 trips a year to Thailand which adds up to many hundreds thousands of baht.

This seems reasonable, but that is not the impression I get when I observe fellow Farangs. Let's assume it is not far fetched to say that when you are well off you can see it. You can see it in your clothes, in your behaviour etc. It shows. Like it clearly shows when someone is not well off and from (to put it bluntly) a white trash background. They like different fashion, have often more tattoos, a different hair cut, it just shows. In 10% of cases your initial guts will be wrong, but stereotypes are often true and in 90% of cases your initial guts is correct.

Now when I observe fellow gay Farangs in go go bars, in beer bars, in shopping malls, then my gut feeling is not "this are well off people". My gut feeling is also not "lower class, white trash". In most cases they come over as just average middle class guys. And most middle class guys can not afford to just throw away 30.000 baht a month. Not in the Netherlands. Where about 2000 EUR after taxes is about a descent salary. Then you can not throw away 750 EUR.

By the way:  hetero sex tourists in Thailand on first impression do appear to me to be lower class far more often. Gay sex tourists make far less that impression on me. If you watch many hetero Farang you are ashamed to be a European. Because I can't believe they give us a good name.

A lot to comment on here. I certainly don't believe clothes make the man. And in fact anyone in sales has many stories of someone losing the sale of $100,000 piece of art, car jewelry because they ignored someone not dressed to their standards.

Next I did use 20,000 baht as my context and certainly the number of people may narrow when you talk about 30,000 baht per month.

Next my perspective is from the USA and my knowledge of Europe is limited to visiting as a tourist. That said in most cases it does not cost someone from Europe any less in most cases to make 3 or more 2 week trips to Thailand then it does from the USA.

So certainly it is still a fact that person has disposable income .

My comments are certainly not about someone who makes his first trip to Thailand and thinks he has fallen in love. Rather it is about someone who has made multiple trips to Thailand and therefore has some financial ability to support a lover if he cares to.

Lets face it most young people spend a large part of their disposable income chasing love or sex.  So when they get older they may find better ways to use their money for fulfillment . Their choice!

...I would advice: do not do it. It is pointless. His other Farang friends (and most boys have regular Farang visitors, who go each year to see him) will enjoy him for the same time and pay far less than you. Don't believe for a moment he won't fuck other Farangs when you are back home. 

I would agree that it is pointless if the main reason behind sponsoring the boy is purely sex-related. But I feel there is more to it than that.

When money is not an issue for the benefactor, I like to believe that the reason behind sponsoring a "money boy" is very similar to donating money to charitable organization or to disaster relief. I feel the benefactor would hope that the money did really play a part in helping to rebuild the life of the boy (who shows promising signs that he can change for the better if only given the chance): pull the boy out of some deep financial debts, help the boy to step out of the sex trade, enable the boy to "upgrade" himself in terms of education, knowledge or life skills, and ultimately sees that the boy leads a financially stable (preferably financially independent), happy, married life etc. Sex may just be a fringe benefit and not the main driving force behind the act of sponsoring.

Some may say that this kind of benefactor is living in a world of fantasy. But I think it might just work in some instances.

The relationship I have with my boyfriend no longer involves sex. I look after him financially, ensuring that he has a decent home and a job which he finds satisfying because I love him. When we meet and travel around Asia (three times a year)  we both employ MBs, at least in Pattaya where we always stay for a week or so.

Thais make a very clear distinction between love and sex and we decided together and for a number of good reasons that our relationship would flourish without sex.

And so it has proved.

I am one who sends monthly money to 2 boys.  I have done so for over 10 years.  I have it deposited weekly into their accounts.

Weekly is a good idea. My impression is that most Thai boys can make a certain amount of money last a week (and if not, just tell them to wait for the next deposit), but not a month.

Sending money to a Thai boy is like trying to fill a bucket with water that has a hole.

(Imagine a picture with with a half full bucket and water flowing out of the hole, and some filling it up at the same rate the water is flowing out and crying: I need more water. - If I had artistic talent I would draw such a picture.)

(Other comparison: certain diseases that doctors cannot cure, only alleviate the effects.)

By the way:  hetero sex tourists in Thailand on first impression do appear to me to be lower class far more often. Gay sex tourists make far less that impression on me. If you watch many hetero Farang you are ashamed to be a European. Because I can't believe they give us a good name.

I 'm glad you mentioned it , it's exactly my impression as well

Guest abang1961

But, doesn't think replicate life in general?  Aren't gay men a bit more sophisticated than heteros?

Absolutely ALWAYS.

We have better grooming ., haircut and taste.

Like myself as an example.

I don't see many 55-year old has the looks and physique, the guts to wear such minimal wear on the beach.

Yes we cannot defy gravity but we (the gay men) bother to slow the process of having extra baggage.

I would NOT be seen wearing flip-flops beyond the beach.

Most men at my age don't bother - they wear the ugliest clothes and know nuts about colour co-ordination.

I believe I will never be too old to know what I can wear and what I shouldn't.

The motto is to stay "Clean/neat and Suave" without labels.

Once again, be the big-spender...good looking and so refined.

Don't you want to know what's going on in the mind.. I don't pop my cork/cock for every/any man

Big spender, spend a little with me .. where is that elusive man?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=07NIDvsohU4

I certainly don't believe clothes make the man. And in fact anyone in sales has many stories of someone losing the sale of $100,000 piece of art, car jewelry because they ignored someone not dressed to their standards.

Reminds me of the time I went into a certain shop in Siam Paragon dressed very casually - the shop assistants looked the other way and didn't want anything to do with me. I had my Visa card in my hot little hand, ready to spend (but not $100,000!)

Of well, their loss, not mine.

Reminds me of the time I went into a certain shop in Siam Paragon dressed very casually - the shop assistants looked the other way and didn't want anything to do with me. I had my Visa card in my hot little hand, ready to spend (but not $100,000!)

Of well, their loss, not mine.

The best thing to do if possible is go into another store and get a big bag of stuff even if you have to stuff it. Then go back in and say this could have been your bag. Pretty Woman (movie) at work.

This conversation reminds me of some comments I remember seeing on a YouTube video by some brain dead "fashion police" complaining about fat old Farang walking around around Pattaya wearing socks and sandals/flip flops.

With literally thousands of sexy boys/girls to look at and be entertained by and they are still looking at what old Farang are wearing? What sad lives they must lead.

I am one who sends monthly money to 2 boys.  I have done so for over 10 years.  I have it deposited weekly into their accounts.  I feel this gives them options in life and it gives them the ability to make choices.  As long as those choices are good, I am OK with sending money to them.  It is irrelevant to me and it does not hinder my ability to have a good life.  I know it has helped both of them have a great life.  And, on every visit, I tell them that I'll try to keep giving but no one knows the future so save money and don't spend it all.  Prepare for a life without me. 

I do not feel bad at all for sending money to them.  I also don't place restrictions on with what or who to do or not to do.  I ask for no drugs in their life.  The rest is not important to me. Both have girlfriends and that is OK with me. 

I feel that if I give them enough to survive and live well for Thai standards, then they can work for the rest.  I think most farangs that I talk to send between 20-30k baht per month.  Some may spend less.  Some may spend more. My first Thai boyfriend was able to take 2k baht per day from my ATM.  LOL  Needless to say, that did not work well and he spent himself into the biggest parties Pattaya had ever seen.  It also taught me to not be as generous in the future. :)

thanks Michael. at last someone who actually sends money replied. 

I did not but one of my boys offed boys was pressing an issue of boyfriendhood at every turn.  Sure , while after I left money request followed to invest in his business venture.

I was sensible enough to to say flat 'no ' in both cases.

how i wish i can not feel bad when i say no to the man i met n. he is old to be still in the business, so off are few and far between. more of a friend than a boyfriend as sex is absent between us, but i dont know why i am drawn to help him out amount the sea of boys in the bar.

Guest abang1961

I am one who sends monthly money to ..

Michael, you are one generous guy.

Tongue-in-cheek:

Why don't I meet guys like you?  Honestly, I would like to ask "Do the guys appreciate the monthly contributions?"

where is my sugar daddy/uncle/brother/son?

I'm not sure many could afford to keep you. That phone you had on your wish list earlier...  that kind of money pays for a year's rent of a three bedroom appartment in Central Vienna  :shok: