reader

Low season report BKK only

But I count myself as so damn lucky to be here to experience this that I feel compelled on this night to support these guys in low season for the joy they briing into my life.

Btw, Dominos is opening a shop at the mouth of Patpong 1 and Silom. The proximity of mass production product steps away from the great Madrid offerings should hopefully persuade all Madrid fans never to pass on an opportunity to promote this gem.

all those busy complaining about how good it was in days past and how bad it is now should read and memorize your statement.

I agree and like that attitude - we are lucky we can still go and  experience all joys Thailand has to offer and what is gone , bad or good it's gone

since experience at Domino's and Madrid is so different and so is their offering I'd say new entry welcomed, I don't even see this as competition.

One can only hope that Silom will never become like most main streets in the west colonized by the same brands every block, familiar but boring and erasing any difference between places we travel to.

It’s an area that is subject to some of the worse weather in Asia. Hit by many typhoons and tropical storms during the wet season.

Mostly rice, little manufacturing and no tourism. Many boys say one off a week in Bangkok is more than they can make at home in a week. Work at home is mostly rice fields, not fun.

I’ve talked to many boys that get tired of scene in Bangkok, miss family and say they are moving back to Vietnam. Then after a few months of no work, money or friends, they find their way back to Bangkok.

It’s an area that is subject to some of the worse weather in Asia. Hit by many typhoons and tropical storms during the wet season.

Mostly rice, little manufacturing and no tourism. Many boys say one off a week in Bangkok is more than they can make at home in a week. Work at home is mostly rice fields, not fun.

I’ve talked to many boys that get tired of scene in Bangkok, miss family and say they are moving back to Vietnam. Then after a few months of no work, money or friends, they find their way back to Bangkok.

No wonder that they eventually go back to their home in Vietnam,to work in the sex industry and to be fuck by strangers for a leaving at foreign country isn't excatly the dream job of their life.

The last. Almost every trip I encounter boys who say they are gay but only like farang. My standard question is: "You must be happy to live now and not in 1400 AD when there were no farangs in Thailand. Would you have had zero sex if you had happened to be alive in 1400 AD?"

1400 AD means nothing to most Thais. They use a different dating system. It’s only recently that Thai ID cards show

the birth year in both the Western and Thai years. Now it’s 2561 !

I’ve never had a Thai guy ask my year of birth. It would be meaningless. Anyway, most just think ‘we old already’..

I’ve never had a Thai guy ask my year of birth. It would be meaningless. Anyway, most just think ‘we old already’..

and some even dare to call me ' papa' and I was explained I'm supposed to be happy as it'e meant as sign of respect, brrrrrrrrrrrrr.

and some even dare to call me ' papa' and I was explained I'm supposed to be happy as it'e meant as sign of respect, brrrrrrrrrrrrr.

Haha, yes I get the Papa bit now, especially with some of the Soi 6 girls.

It gets worse of course when try and hep you up the small step into their bar and then go and get a chair for you! LOL

Worse still when your stretched out on the bed and your boy/girl automatically just climb on top - well actually that's not so bad I suppose, but it is just that they have assumed I am of an age where they are going to have to do all the work LOL

thank you for finding energy to write to us right after arriving home. Good luck fighting jet lag, hope it will not mutilate you too much.

I agree fully with your assessment of difference between low season versus high one. No shortage of guys and those more popular are actually more amendable in low season, that's my impression.

Only thing about Chinese some may not like is higher percentage of girls visiting boy bars, but they want to have fun as much as guys do. We may be losing competition  for some boys to those girls but I see this as a force for  good, boys showing an interest in us  are perhaps a bit more sincere. At least we can see where their real intentions are..   

Only thing about Chinese some may not like is higher percentage of girls visiting boy bars, but they want to have fun as much as guys do. We may be losing competition for some boys to those girls but I see this as a force for good, boys showing an interest in us are perhaps a bit more sincere. At least we can see where their real intentions are..

And hopefully in the long term, itll in turn attract more (straight/bicurious) thai boys/man into the bar scene as well, now that they know the kind of customer they can expect to have and of course the money. More boys = more fun.